PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Order

jaehaerys
08-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm new to the game and I was wondering if the order I put my ships in each fleet effect's the fleets performance in battle? I know that the flagship is the ship that is immune to being sunk, but besides that I generally haven't been paying much attention to which ship is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, et cetera. Does the order matter? Should certain sorts of ships (destroyers, cruisers, etc) go in certain slots? I'd appreciate any advise.

oriscus
08-03-2014, 11:07 PM
The only thing that I see that matters is that second shelling and night battle firing order.

Since those go 1-2-3-4-5-6, you may wish to arrange the fleet to prioritize heavier hitters/non-carriers are in slots 2 and 3.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Merodyne
08-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Not counting the flagship that is generally more protected (depending on the formation too) and has an higher chance of cut-in at night, it does not count the order for the day battles.
But on the night side your fleet order influence the order of your attack, since while on the day phase the first attack is usually landed by the ship with longest range at night the first ship on the fleet will attack regardless of the range, than the second one will attack, the third one and so on... I'd recommend to put CVs and CVLs at the end of the fleet for this reason since they can't attack at night even if they are at full health °°

blazeLimit
08-04-2014, 01:21 AM
CaptBauxite Merodyne hmm idk, I put CVs last since they cant attack yeah, but I would put the weaker ships first so they can attack before getting possibly hit to red, or can they still attack as long as they didnt start night battle in red?

Leyana
08-04-2014, 01:26 AM
I tend to place weaker or more fragile ships higher in the order. This is so that if the battle gets into the 2nd shelling phase, they can get a shot off before getting knocked out of the battle. Also to afford the weakest ship flagship protection.

panda
08-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Only other thing that's not been mentioned is that it's polite to put your highest level ship in at least your second slot, if not your first, when your'e sortieing, as the first two slots determine the XP that people will get from fighting your ships in PvP. Of course, if you can't afford to do that, you can't, but at the very least, give it some thought if you're sticking two low levels in your first two slots for an extended period of time.

The effects are shown in this chart:

http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Exercises_(PvP)#When_to_Run_Exercises

The first ship is given the most weight in determining XP gains, but the second also has a noticeable effect.

jaehaerys
08-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the advice so far! It definitely helps.