PDA

View Full Version : Battleship types

Inori
08-04-2014, 11:19 PM
May i know what different of Battleship , Fast Battleship and Aviation Battleship?
and also what equipment should i use for Yamashiro Kai

nwrtz
08-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Inori

Just equip her like you would any other BB for normal maps, if you're going sub hunting use your seaplanes with the highest +ASW on every slot.

As for BB types it's easier to differentiate between classes instead of types since fast BBs now can also use Type 91 AP shells. It comes down to pure stats in most cases while using slow BBs on some maps doesn't work because of branching requirements that need an all fast fleet (even one slow ship turns a fleet from fast to slow).

panda
08-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Inori

BBV is the most different class, as it can use seaplane bombers. They have lower firepower, but are otherwise sort of just like slow BB. You'll want to use your best seaplane bombers on Yamashiro kai. A good setup would be 1-2 Zuiun and 2 red guns (3 if you want to) on for daytime artillery spotting. For slow BB, there's no real difference between them and fast BB any more. (Slow BB can equip smaller guns, but there's no point in that. Yamato class BB are especially tanky, but have really high consumption. The only thing worth noting is that certain maps have branching where you're required to use either all fast ships, or have a slow ship in you fleet, so that's when slow vs fast matters. Fast BB also have shorter repair time than slow BB and BBV, which have the same time multiplier as CV.

Leyana
08-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Inori
Fast BBs are just BBs with a speed rating of 'fast'. Currently only Kongou, Haruna, Hiei, Kirishima and Bismarck are the only fast BBs.

Aviation BBs are BBs which can carry a larger than usual complement of seaplanes and are the only BBs that can equip Zuiuns. They are Hyuuga, Ise, Fusou and Yamashiro after remodel. They have the lowest firepower amongst all BBs.

Regular BBs are the rest of them. Nagato, Mutsu, Yamato and Musashi. They have the highest firepower but are all slow ships.

atagowatcher69
08-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Just to add on to the guys above:

Nominally, there's BB, Fast BB, and BBV (Aviation). Practically, there's another "type" that some people call super dreadnaughts.

Fast BB's (Kongou, Bismarck) are BB but with a fast speed instead of the typical slow and lower ammo consumption.
BBV's (Fusou, Ise) have lower stats but can use seaplane bombers.
Super dreadnaughts (Yamato) have far greater stats but also greater fuel/ammo consumption.

As of now, there's little reason to use a regular BB beyond the early levels as the Kai-2 versions of Fast BB's are nearly on level with them statwise.

panda
08-04-2014, 11:37 PM
MEDIEVAL_MIKU

Nagato class actually still have slightly higher stats than most Kongou kai ni's. They've both got more firepower than all the kai ni's except Kirishima kai ni and are slightly tankier.

atagowatcher69
08-04-2014, 11:42 PM
MEDIEVAL_MIKU

Nagato class actually still have slightly higher stats than most Kongou kai ni's. They've both got more firepower than all the kai ni's except Kirishima kai ni and are slightly tankier.

I'll rephrase what I said.

Leyana
08-04-2014, 11:43 PM
panda The stats difference is still small and they still have higher consumption. Since fast BBs can equip AP shells now, what made the Nagato class special is now gone. Waiting for Nagato Kai Ni to make them relevant again.

panda
08-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Leyana

I'm certainly not saying that slow BB are significantly better than fast BB, but I'd like to make it clear that there's no real reason to avoid using them, since their stats are still nice. That is to say, I get the impression that a lot of people seem to be thinking that Nagato class are crap right now, but they've actually got mostly higher, albeit not by much, stats than Kongou class kai ni BB. Really, the biggest disadvantage to slow BB is 5-4 branching.

Leyana
08-04-2014, 11:56 PM
panda And I'm saying that where possible, pick a fast over a slow since the stats are similar enough to not matter and the fast speed has more advantages than a slow speed.

Saya
08-05-2014, 12:11 AM
@panda (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/panda/) And I'm saying that where possible, pick a fast over a slow since the stats are similar enough to not matter and the fast speed has more advantages than a slow speed.

I honestly don't know if that holds true either; the benefits of having fast speed over slow speed is vague at best aside from branching. There are some rumors of entire fast fleet having more evasion or accuracy, but it is not supported by evidence.
Inori One thing I would like to note is fast BB notation; a lot of people, including me, like to denote fast BB as BC, which standards for Battlecruiser. This is especially true for Kongou class, as they were known as BCs historically, but they also apply this term to Bismarck, which weren't classified as such. It's just something to not get confused by when people say BC.

panda
08-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Saya

IIRC, the devs have confirmed that there is a bonus to having an all fast fleet, but have also stated that that bonus is negligible. That being said, I think it's good to have variety with both fast and slow BB so that you'll be ready for anything.

Really though, this is Kancolle, so pick the BB that have a character that appeals to you the most.

Saya
08-05-2014, 12:15 AM
panda I see. Point still stands; there's no reason to necessarily choose a BC over a slow BB even if they have similar stats aside from branching.

Leyana
08-05-2014, 12:17 AM
panda Of course waifu is waifu and will always be picked over everyone else. But Saya every little bit helps. All things being equal, why not pick the one with more advantages?

atagowatcher69
08-05-2014, 12:18 AM
I don't think the slight stat advantages of the Nagato classes are worth the increased ammo consumption, but a waifu is a waifu.

panda
08-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Aesthetics certainly matter a lot in this game. There's a reason that my Hiei kai is still Hiei kai at lv 80.

Menemy
08-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Aesthetics certainly matter a lot in this game. There's a reason that my Hiei kai is still Hiei kai at lv 80.
You have a point there since they would be no real reason for making ships look like girls (which i love)

shiro
08-05-2014, 03:41 AM
Nagato vs Kongou class again? Come on, things like this makes fast BB better than slow BB dogma proliferate without adequate facts to back it up.

It all comes down to what you need for the given circumstances. If evasion is your priority then the extra evasion of fast BB will definitely help. If you can't really avoid being hit then the extra HP from slow BB will come in handy.

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
08-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Fast battleships are like battlecruisers (which also carry speed but less armor (inb4 battlecruiser can hit submarines in contrast))

AkiyamaMio
08-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Personally I think it's quite unlikely that the Nagatos will get Kai Nis to have an edge over the Kongous, at least not in a very near future. (And after all, if Nagatos just sit docked and Kongous run around doing everything, that's actually historical...)

Kongous can equip AP Shells, but I get the impression that the devs don't want us to equip 46cm on them. If Kongous can't equip 46cm x2 without sacrificing accuracy but Nagatos can, then that's where Nagatos still have an edge, this time in pure firepower. People are still experimenting and the results are not clear. After all, "4 BBs 2 CVs" "46cm guns all the way" and "Reppuu Reppuu more Reppuu" became like the KanColle equivalents of noob guns; I wouldn't be surprised if the devs want to curb it down.

Kongous were battlecruisers but the in-game "Fast BBs" aren't battlecruisers, because of Bismarck.

So far there's been no non-event map that requires you to have a slow BB, but that doesn't mean there won't be one. I mostly use Kongous when I need a BB, but still use Nagatos for PvPs for soft grinding. And after all, it doesn't hurt to have Plan B at any time.

Regarding the BBVs... I really tried hard to come up with as many reasons to keep them around, and this is all I've got.

* 1-5 : All 4 slots of seaplanes to do the most ASW damage while providing 2nd shelling phase.
* 3-2-A : All 4 slots fo seaplanes, contribute to the airstrike, provide 2nd shelling phase without taking MVPs from flagship (works better when fatigued)
* While Ise and Haruna have the same amount of base LoS, her seaplanes will add quite a bit to your fleet's LoS which might be something to consider in maps like 2-5 or future extra operation or event maps.
* Some branching rules (1-5 and 2-5) prevents you from reaching the boss if you have a BB, but allows you to get through if it's a BBV.
* They consume more ammo/fuel than Kongous at first, but less than the Kai Nis, which makes them the cheapest battleships to run in the end.
* Seaplanes are shot down before the carrier planes. You're still going to lose bauxite, but your carriers will remain more effective during the airstrike/shelling phase. It's something you might want to consider at an early stage of the game.