PDA

View Full Version : AL/MI Event Marathon + Discussion

Blizzie
08-06-2014, 08:38 PM
I figured I would ask here to see if anyone will be 'marathoning' the event when the Kancolle servers are live. I'll be starting when I can log in and going until I reach a wall. Hopefully we get a few people here for forward scouting and mechanics/composition/branching discussion as we work on clearing.

I will be broadcasting on Twitch so let me know if anyone wants to participate.

List of event streamers:

Elegance: Twitch - BlizzieTV (http://www.twitch.tv/blizzietv)
Jifaru: Twitch - Jifaru (http://www.twitch.tv/jifaru)
Leiru Lone: Twitch - Leiru_Lone (http://www.twitch.tv/leiru_lone)
DreadedLoliBunny: Twitch - Elinasama (http://www.twitch.tv/elinasama)
Fluabu: Twitch - Fluabu (http://www.twitch.tv/fluabu)
Totaku: Livestream - Totaku (http://www.livestream.com/totaku)

Jifaru
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
I got ur back bby gurl

I'll try to be up after the break

Stream link (twitch.tv/jifaru)

Mumble Information:

California - Mumbledog

Address: ca.mumbledog.com (Backup Address: 204.74.213.3)
Port: 64738
Access Tokens: botes

For those of you unfamiliar with Mumble and how access tokens work, they function as keys on a keychain. You can use them to enter any rooms that have those specific passwords.
Access Tokens can be added through the Server menu. Hit the "Add" button, then type in the token.

panda
08-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Sounds nice. Dunno if I'll be awake, but sounds nice. Pretty brave of you, considering the somewhat ambiguous new mechanics.

Harpy
08-06-2014, 09:08 PM
I'll be optimistically throwing some of my expendable girls at it until proper fleet requirements for Midway are established. (Or, if Mutsu's band of half leveled misfits actually manage to complete AL, non-stop. :D )

Blizzie
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I got ur back bby gurl

I am a bby gurl now.

You may have my first post. Mmm.

Wow. Such honor.

Sounds nice. Dunno if I'll be awake, but sounds nice. Pretty brave of you, considering the somewhat ambiguous new mechanics.

I'll be optimistically throwing some of my expendable girls at it until proper fleet requirements for Midway are established. (Or, if Mutsu's band of half leveled misfits actually manage to complete AL, non-stop. :D )

It's just for fun. Everything is just go to wikia/wikiwiki, look up what to do, and copy. Events give a fresh change on that as I can route it myself in a very inefficient, but fun way.

I'm just going to start with a light and lowered level fleets anyway. AL isn't going to be very hard so my heavy fleet will be for MI.

oriscus
08-06-2014, 09:20 PM
I've got my Junyou (42) and Hiyou (35) who I haven't kai'ed for resource reasons that I plan on throwing at AL right off the bat with some low leveled CAs, CLs, and DDs. Granted, my first attempts are going to be Friday night (Sat noon JST) as I've got work and FNM on Friday.

I do have keg to break open when I get into it, though. So it'll be a fun Friday night. Booze and Kancolle. Best combo.

Anta
08-06-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Neru and Lycanous are gonna the event the moment the maintenance ends. IIRC If the devs are gonna give us the branching rules the moment the maintenance ends, I might also try to do some maps because I'd be gone on Saturday so hopefully by Sunday , info on the maps are already present.

nwrtz
08-06-2014, 09:45 PM
I'll most likely hit the event right after the update since it's couple of hours after I get up and I have the ships/resources to spare doing it "blind" although who knows what the twitter might reveal. (I might stream it) So there should be information available rather quickly since I will be updating the event map threads quickly.

Jifaru
08-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Setting aside Ikkousen, Nikkousen, Yamato, Haruna, and Kongou for MI. Still got lots of stuff to play around with after that.

Blizzie
08-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I'll most likely hit the event right after the update since it's couple of hours after I get up and I have the ships/resources to spare doing it "blind" although who knows what the twitter might reveal. (I might stream it) So there should be information available rather quickly since I will be updating the event map threads quickly.

I think you were in my Twitch chat last event anyway.

But I do hope the "additional information to come" on Twitter will be of some help.

nwrtz
08-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Elegance

I was looking around what others were doing since I also immediately started to clear the maps but didn't stream last time.

oriscus
08-06-2014, 10:11 PM
But I do hope the "additional information to come" on Twitter will be of some help.
Exactly how they implement the locking will matter a lot in terms of how much info they need to give out for this mechanic not to be stupid.

There's ways they could use wherein they wouldn't need to say anything on branching and it would just fine. The most obvious would be only boss fights lock and branching rules require different fleet types.

Or they could have something where MI will need X, Y, and Z type of ships. AL will require A, B, and C. That would work, but feel a little hollow.

Or even more vague would be light fleet AL and heavy fleet MI. Vague, but a lot of people should be able to make safe guesses and prod away. Right now I'm guessing nothing larger than CVLs and CAs will be needed for AL. Between history and their past vague hints, it would make sense. And if CAVs are needed for AL, they better not be needed for MI.

Something even more vague might be possible, but I'm not sure how. Then people will wait for 2+ account folk to use their junk accounts to scout.

Fluabu
08-06-2014, 10:15 PM
I'll probably rush through the first three maps within 2 - 3 hours like the last event and then look up how I should go on from there.

Saya
08-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Like the previous events, I will be streaming this one and doing blind per usual.

I will be doing giveaways (webmoney & credits) so please do look forward to it! I'll prepare a playlist that everyone can enjoy like previous runs.

Hynaio
08-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Seems like multiple people will be streaming. Will have to use multitwitch for this.

FireKiller87
08-06-2014, 11:56 PM
I'll definitely be asleep when the servers come back and when I get up, I'll have to study most of the day. But I definitely plan to start clearing AL the day of or the day after.
To those of you planning to start right away, good luck and may your kanmusu fight well!

Leyana
08-07-2014, 12:02 AM
I'll just be watching and waiting to see what curve ball the devs are throwing at us this time.

I'll marathon once more information becomes known. Though I probably won't finish whatever my objectives for the event are until the following weekend.

Dawa
08-07-2014, 12:51 AM
@Elegance (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/elegance/)
I may or may not be able to marathon with you. Guess it depends how I feel tomorrow night! Hopefully they don't throw too many surprises at you.

P.S.

You get my 2nd first post now!

Masashi
08-07-2014, 06:59 AM
Cool! I'll be watching you all marathoning all week!

Jifaru
08-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Maybe we want to put together a Twitch group as a hub to various peoples' suffering.

Leiru Lone
08-07-2014, 07:05 AM
count me in on that, i stream randomly anyway, and group? none of us can make one without twitch partnership, it's really dumb imo :shimakaze_grin: (unless you mean something completely different in which im an idiot)

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
08-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Despite resource depression, can feel the pain coming, but my battle plans *set*.

Blizzie
08-07-2014, 07:08 AM
count me in on that, i stream randomly anyway, and group? none of us can make one without twitch partnership, it's really dumb imo :shimakaze_grin: (unless you mean something completely different in which im an idiot)

We can make a list of streamers for the event but there's no way to get partnership for the team like you said.

I can just add it to the OP if people confirm here and link their stream.

Enceladus
08-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Maybe we want to put together a Twitch group as a hub to various peoples' suffering.

Actually, there seems to be a bit of kerfuffle with Twitch recently. Not too sure on specific but people seems to have their panties in a knot.

Personally, I was banned for no reason, so I'm not too happy with them either

HydraGoliath
08-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Servers come up around 6am my time so I'm more than likely going to start a bit later than that, probably around 10am. I will be doing as many maps as I can in one sitting and I may or may not stream it.

Leiru Lone
08-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Actually, there seems to be a bit of kerfuffle with Twitch recently. Not too sure on specific but people seems to have their panties in a knot.

Personally, I was banned for no reason, so I'm not too happy with them either

getting banned? now that i don't understand but as for issues, apparently twitch was bought out by google and now twitch is going downhill rather fast... but it's what we're use to so until something better shows up it's that for now (im hearing a lot about hitbox.tv though)

Lycanous
08-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna be spearing the event, just like every other event.

Though this time I'll be hamstrung by my bucket count if it gets too walled.

Also can't stream cuz shitty Internet of Malaysia.

Leiru Lone
08-07-2014, 07:15 AM
We can make a list of streamers for the event but there's no way to get partnership for the team like you said.

I can just add it to the OP if people confirm here and link their stream.

that sounds like the best idea, bump this thread when one of us is streaming to alert we're live i guess

Jifaru
08-07-2014, 07:18 AM
Bought out by Google? I wonder how much that transaction was worth.

HydraGoliath: I'll probably just go to sleep super early and wake up at 3 AM to begin. Not exactly the best time for a Western viewer base, but wait too long and the Japanese folks will have figured everything out already.

HydraGoliath
08-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Jifaru That's an option as well, though I have a hard time forcing myself to go to sleep.

PrimalBidoof
08-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Would stream, but can't stream due to PLDT amazing 4mbps internet speed. The upload speed is unspeakable.
I'll just watch you guys.

Jifaru
08-07-2014, 07:40 AM
@Leiru_Lone: Maintenance is scheduled to end at 1900 JST. That's 3 AM Pacific, which is at least 2 more hours of sleep than normal maintenance.

Leiru Lone
08-07-2014, 07:42 AM
@Leiru_Lone: Maintenance is scheduled to end at 1900 JST. That's 3 AM Pacific, which is at least 2 more hours of sleep than normal maintenance.

yep im going to be knocked out then, ah well ill probably stream in the morning as well, perhaps all of us willing to stream could do something over skype, mumble, or something of the sort?

Enceladus
08-07-2014, 07:45 AM
I'd love to stream if I wasn't banned for nothing :/

SweetMoonBunny
08-07-2014, 07:45 AM
The Bunny's gonna stream again After months
the lsat time i streamed was using that god damn large shenanigan corruption

GMT +8
5pm-7pm

GMT +8
8pm-11(or 12)pm

expect random assbutts during the stream because i cant keep my hands still
tell me if my stream is lagging or is entirely censored(blurred)

Aeutian Invasion Lineup :
Atago/Verniy/Poi/PTSD/ Suzuya/Kumano

Reserves :
Hiyou, Zuiho, Hiei, Kirishima, Shoukaku, Ooi, KTKM, Kiso, Yahagi,
Isuzu, Yukikaze, Shimakaze, Mikuma, Takao, Iku, Imuya, Goya, Hachi, Shioi

Midway Lineup :
Haruna, Kongo, Zuikaku, Kaga, Hiryuu, Akagi

Reserves :
Nagato, Yamato, Shoukaku

Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/elinasama)

Jifaru
08-07-2014, 07:46 AM
I was planning on hosting some Cards Against Humanity or some other stuff to break up the monotony. But I'd imagine that after 24 hours of staying up, everyones' sense of humor would be either really twisted or simply replaced with murderous intent. I've also been practicing a variety of other party tricks, so uhh, I guess look forward to it haha. I have a Mumble server that we could use, since Skype is, well, it gets annoying when you don't absolutely need to be hearing peoples' breathing and pets and vacuum cleaners.

SanToki
08-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Enceladus
Can't you just make a new account? Isn't that what everyone who gets banned does?

Leiru Lone
08-07-2014, 07:49 AM
I was planning on hosting some Cards Against Humanity or some other stuff to break up the monotony. But I'd imagine that after 24 hours of staying up, everyones' sense of humor would be either really twisted or simply replaced with murderous intent. I've also been practicing a variety of other party tricks, so uhh, I guess look forward to it haha. I have a Mumble server that we could use, since Skype is, well, it gets annoying when you don't absolutely need to be hearing peoples' breathing and pets and vacuum cleaners.

twisted sense of humor is the best kind of humor :shimakaze_grin: anyway i guess you should probably PM those willing to participate the mumble server info

Enceladus
08-07-2014, 07:49 AM
@Enceladus (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/enceladus/)
Can't you just make a new account? Isn't that what everyone who gets banned does?
Seems like I got IP banned. I can't log out of my current account and using another browser/computer won't work

Leiru Lone
08-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Seems like I got IP banned. I can't log out of my current account and using another browser/computer won't work

1 big question, do you have a VPN open when you try to get onto twitch? if so that's your problem

SanToki
08-07-2014, 07:53 AM

Hm... perhaps you can appeal to Twitch and talk to the support staff? That seems really weird that they would IP ban you for not doing anything... sounds more like a bug to me than anything.

Fluabu
08-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/fluabu)

Gonna try to stream as soon as I can when the event starts. Starting off with spare subs to scout out the map first.

Enceladus
08-07-2014, 07:56 AM
1 big question, do you have a VPN open when you try to get onto twitch? if so that's your problem

No VPN on

- - - Updated - - -

Hm... perhaps you can appeal to Twitch and talk to the support staff? That seems really weird that they would IP ban you for not doing anything... sounds more like a bug to me than anything.

Already sent an appeal....a week ago. And talking to Twitch staff? Ha, that's funny.

Jifaru
08-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I've updated my (second) post with relevant Mumble information.

SanToki
08-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Enceladus
Is your Twitch name the same as your name here? Because apparently that account isn't banned.
Ban Checker – Twitch Tips (http://twitchtips.com/ban-checker/)

Enceladus
08-07-2014, 08:03 AM
@Enceladus (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/enceladus/)
Is your Twitch name the same as your name here? Because apparently that account isn't banned.
Ban Checker – Twitch Tips (http://twitchtips.com/ban-checker/)

No it's not, and the account doesn't seem to be banned either, which is strange...

SanToki
08-07-2014, 08:11 AM
No it's not, and the account doesn't seem to be banned either, which is strange...

Yeah, I don't think Twitch (despite all its faults) would IP ban somebody randomly for doing nothing.
I'm not really sure what's wrong though so I can't help you. Sorry!
I hope you get your issues resolved and can stream the event! :kaga_grin:

Saya
08-08-2014, 01:02 AM
The maintenance ends at an extremely inconvenient time for me at 3AM in the morning.

We'll see, but I think I may stream starting tomorrow morning instead. I don't know how many viewers will watch someone stream an event like 5~6 hours late though...

panda
08-08-2014, 01:12 AM
I'd love to stream if I wasn't banned for nothing :/

Are you trying to stream while on VPN? Odds are that your IP is banned.

Jifaru
08-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Saya: If the streamers aren't going to be up at 3, there's a good chance the viewers won't be either. Plus I think the viewership will be pretty decent throughout the event since there will always be folks coming in late.

Leiru Lone
08-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Are you trying to stream while on VPN? Odds are that your IP is banned.

we've already asked that a VPN isn't the issue, we're not quite sure what the problem is right now

Prithvi
08-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Saya Well you would probably snag a few late nighter's, but no need to push yourself if you want to rest. Probably get the most out of it and most us when the event is in full swing tomorrow after a long rest.

panda
08-08-2014, 01:16 AM
Leiru Lone

Oh, wow, I can't believe I missed that. Pretty dumb of me. That is strange then.

Saya
08-08-2014, 01:24 AM
Prithvi Jifaru Thanks for your feedbacks. I will start streaming tomorrow.

Totaku
08-08-2014, 05:58 AM
I'm here to report that I'll be streaming tomorrow night roughly round 12:30 AM Central Time or so. So I'll be posting the stream for everyone to come to in advance. So roughly 23 hours roughly.

Totaku's Livestream (http://www.livestream.com/totaku)

I tend to focus on lots of joking around and streaming and my objective will be the Marathon this for roughly 6 hours and will probably continue the following night.

So anyways feel free to come in when you have a chance tomorrow night.

Byuusan
08-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Probably a bit late but late better than never.

I plan to stream when i wake up (server should be up by then)

Generally around 9-10am PST time and i'll end when i have to go to work.

Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/themasterll) is the link to the channel

Mistwraith
08-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I should be helping to scout out with the maps, but I am just too lazy now.
Will patiently wait for updates from everyone before I start attempting.

nwrtz
08-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Will start to stream right after the maintenance is finally over because Saya is blackmailing me to scout for her, you can watch it here (http://www.twitch.tv/nwrtz)

hudang
08-08-2014, 10:36 AM
i will marathoning too.
target is reaching at least few map of MI till next morning JST
but cant watch other stream or streaming mine because of connection.. LOL

imma just join discussion and share my report here on dedicated Event thread later on

Nozomi
08-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Bought out by Google? I wonder how much that transaction was worth.

@HydraGoliath (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/hydragoliath/): I'll probably just go to sleep super early and wake up at 3 AM to begin. Not exactly the best time for a Western viewer base, but wait too long and the Japanese folks will have figured everything out already.

Rumours talk about $1bn

okazaki
08-08-2014, 10:54 AM
my upload speed only 54kBps so streaming might be ....XD
i'll scouting AL with my spare acc, and aiming for clear AL with my main acc on saturday
if i wake up early in tomorrow morning, i might watch Saya streaming

got nothing to do now, waiting for the event is so tiring XD

SweetMoonBunny
08-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Stream is delayed until personal experiments are done

HaganeNoKaze
08-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks for streaming all !

If i was at home, i probably do the same, but i can not, or maybe i could do it in "very late" version, lol, tomorrow or sunday.

Acchan
08-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Sorry for off topic but how do i download E-1 boss battle bgm? :O

Zanaduz
08-08-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm currently holding off going into Kancolle for today -- I want to wait until pathing becomes far more definite before I start the event, as I only have 3 CVs total which I can send at MI (the rest of my flattops are CVLs which I'm mostly reserving for AL instead). Likewise, I'm loathe to send ships to AL if I might potentially need them for MI, so... waiting until I can best figure out who I should send where.