PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] How to play Kantai Collection on Android-based devices

S.Razelrink
04-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Playing Kantai Collection on Android-based portable devices

This guide will explore the pros/cons and general usage of various applications/methods of accessing Kancolle on an Android-based portable device.

Read me first!
WARNING: KADOKAWA GAMES DOES NOT RECOMMEND NOR ENDORSE, AND HIGHLY DISCOURAGES THE USAGE OF NON-WINDOWS PORTABLE DEVICES FOR THE GAME. THERE HAVE BEEN SUPPOSED (but unconfirmed) BANNINGS (overheard in the english wiki chat) OF PLAYERS OVERBURDENING THE SERVER BY APPLYING SOME OF THESE METHODS TO PLAY KANTAI COLLECTION. Any of the methods mentioned here (or anywhere) should only be done at your own discretion/knowledge, and only under your responsibility. By using this guide, you agree to not hold me liable for any losses that arise from the usage of this guide!

Using *ANY* methods to play Kancolle on a non-windows based portable device is a possible breach of Kadokawa Games' terms of service, and may result in account limitations and/or bans. However this has not been confirmed 100%. It is therefore inadvisable to constantly draw data from the Kancolle servers by loading the game over and over again in a short period of time, as android portable devices were not designed to store large amounts of cached data.

You may also need to disable 'set automatic time/date' on your android phone under settings, and manually set your timezone to GMT+8 or GMT+9. (as suggested by Acchan) My timezone is personally GMT+10, so you should try this if you keep getting error cats and can't seem to fix it!

Any of these methods can be used in attempting to secure a server account via the lottery! Despite this, I would most recommend using any browsers with flash player built into it (such as Puffin Browser) due to its ease of use for the lottery. FuraPita may be a bit fiddly to use as well, but if you can tinker with it and get it to work, then it would probably be the least data-consuming after refreshing multiple times. For those wanting to attempt the lottery through Firefox, ensure that you're able to run flash applications, go to DMM.com's online game portal, tap the top right settings button in Firefox and enable 'request desktop site'. This will feign your presence as an android device user, and should allow you to access any of their games, and of course, the lottery for Kantai Collection. If you have any further questions, don't hold back; go ahead and post in this thread for help! Good luck!

1, Accessing Kancolle via Flash Pittan ふらぴた(FuraPita)
-This method works by an integrated flash player in the app itself, and running Kancolle through that. This application also stores cache, reducing the amount of data required to download from the servers upon loading. Not compatible with iOS! The developer states that the app will not 'run normally' on Android 4.3 or later.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: At the 'game start' or loading screen after game start, my game freezes and I later get an error saying "flash player is unresponsive" with the option to cancel or halt the game!
A: From experience, this message usually means that you've connected to the servers and that data is actually transferring from the servers. If the floating ship animation freezes after this message (or even before) it's most often an indication that your device is loading up the game. In most cases, shortly after pressing cancel, then having the ship animation freeze for a while, the game will load up.

Q: When the app is minimised, does FuraPita consume data?
A: Maybe negligible amounts, but in most cases it should literally consume close to zero data.

Q: This not my first time loading and playing the game through FuraPita, but I've been stuck on the floating ship page/post-PVP fight blue page/quest loading page for ever!
A: The speed at which these pages load depend on the speed and connectivity of your internet connection. Using a good wifi connection should never bring these problems up, but if you are using 3G (and sometimes 4G) you may have wait it out for up to four or five minutes. Any longer and I would recommend a reload of the game.

Q: Can I change my fleet names/see my exact rankings?
A: If you connected to the game via OpenVPN and dmm.com, then yes you most likely can, but if you've opened your API link then no, you can't.

Q: I can't see ____shipdaughter's portrait image/hear her voice!
A: This is because your cache has not stored the said images/sounds yet. Just wait on the page for the images/sounds to load and play, then the next time you load the game up, the images/sounds should come almost immediately.

Q: I got a unresponsive flash player error when navigating in-game! Do I press cancel and wait?
A: Like in any other Kancolle viewing tools on the PC/Laptop, if you for example press the quests button right after confirming an expedition, you will usually get a frozen client. This same problem exists in FuraPita as well, so if that happens, then you will need to reload your page - i.e don't press cancel and wait! You will need to reload your page!

APPROXIMATE DATA USAGE (after the first initial run of the app):
Load up: 10-20MBs
Per 3-2-1 sortie: 5MBs for the first sortie, <2MB for the rest of sorties
Per Refuel/Expedition setting: <1MB
Per PVP battle: <2MB
This is the most data efficient method of playing Kancolle on an android device that I have tried. [edit] okay, so cache wasn't really stored, but it seemed like it used to be! Regardless, Furapita is the ideal choice for most android systems as it will run the game the smoothest with the least strain from pulling data from the servers!

PROS:
-Lowest data consumption; Fastest performance (capped by your device's processing power or by flash player) due to cache storage.
-Able to leave the app running in the background and eg, surf the web without the app itself disconnecting.
-Includes a PC-mode to feign using a PC instead of a mobile device: useful for logging into DMM.com and playing Kancolle, where otherwise DMM.com would disallow running Kancolle from mobile devices.
-Easy/automatic resizing of Kancolle to fit your screen.

CONS:
-Supposedly does not work for iOS systems or Android systems with 4.3 and above.

Access:
1, Download/Install (thanks to K-kun for the link!)
2, Run the app, and as there is no support for an actual browser, FuraPita uses an integrated standard android browser to power the web-browsing component of the app. Tap the top right corner to open up the options list, scroll down and tap 'Googleへ'. This will redirect you to google, and through google (without using an address bar) you will need to somehow locate your API link, whether by emailing yourself a hyperlinked API link and then accessing hotmail through google search, or by accessing DMM.com with OpenVPN and running Kancolle on 'PCモード' (another feature in the options list which allows you to trick websites into thinking that you're using a PC and not a mobile device to access their sites).
3, When you have opened your API link, tap the options list again, scroll down and tap 'ホーãƒ*ペà £Æ’Â¼Ã£â€šÂ¸Ã£ÂÂ«Ã¨Â¨*Ã¥ ®Å¡'. This will set the current accessed address as your home page, so that every time you execute the app, your API link will automatically run. To remove the advertisements on the top of the screen, go to options, then tap 'びったã‚⠜', and select the first link at the very top, as that is your most recently accessed API link. If at any point your loading stops, you will need to refresh the page by going to options and tapping 'リãƒ*ード' (reload).

Video demonstration, data consumption test, tips and tricks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfGHy9PvRds&feature=youtu.be (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4dx5pi8r3bwnsbb/Flash+Pittan.apk」ふらぴた(Fur aPita)[/url) - The video description has the sections of the videos summarised

NOTES:
This is my most recommended method of playing Kancolle on an android device, mainly because it offers the highest performance and data efficiency (cache actually seems to be stored). This is the method I personally use to play Kancolle on, but to not overburden the Kancolle servers with repeated loading due to broken internet connectivity with 3G, I run the app, put my phone on standby (yes, it loads!) and wait for it to load. When I turn my phone back on, it will have loaded, I turn off my wifi, go outside and then press 'Game Start'. This way, I ensure that my loading bar doesn't freeze during the most fragile loading period so that I won't have to keep re-loading it over and over again.

EXTRA NOTE: FOLLOWING THE UI-ENHANCEMENT PATCH RELEASED ON THE 24th of April, THIS METHOD HAS BEEN TESTED TO LOAD MUCH FASTER, AND LOSE CONNECTION LESS FREQUENTLY, AS WELL AS CONSUMING LESS THAN HALF THE PREVIOUS DATA USAGE UPON JUST LOADING THE GAME!

2, Accessing Kancolle via OpenVPN+EasyOVPN+艦こ㠀šÅ’くと ( Kankorekuto app)
This method utilises an android-based VPN application (OpenVPN) along with its plug-in - EasyOVPN - to provide an available list of public VPN servers from various countries, to access Kancolle directly from dmm.com via the 艦これだã¨ application.

APPROXIMATE DATA USAGE:
Load up: 10-20MB
First 3-2-1 sortie run: 6-15MB
Refuel + Send expeditions: 1-7MB
Data usage for browsers will decrease over time, as image files, sound files are temporarily stored for the browser session. It's possible to leave on your app to run in the background and later to resume, as long as you are connected to the internet - either via wifi or 3G/4G. This app supposedly stores a little bit of cache, but this is not known to be the case for everyone. Monitor your data usage, but you should not consume more data than the Browser methods.

NOTE: EasyOVPN may be inactive/deprecated by now, and an alternate VPN app that you can use is Tunnelbear, found at: [url]https://www.tunnelbear.com. Follow the prompts to setting it up, and connect as if you had EasyOVPN on!

PROS:
-The 艦これだã¨ application offers tools such as a list of ships, sortable by twelve different user-set 'colours' to act as a filter: eg, you could highlight all ships you don't have in red, so you are able to distinguish which ships you haven't got.
-The application never needs an API change because it accesses DMM.com's site for you to login, and basically loads the game full-screen onto the app.

CONS:
-If you access Kancolle through kancolleviewer or the flash player viewer, you would need to change your API link constantly for everytime you access this application. Every access of the game through DMM.com's website will generate a new API link, so you would need to constantly change it for that matter.
-The application is solely in Japanese, so if you aren't able to read it, you may find difficulty in using the tools it provides.
-The application requires a VPN connection to connect to dmm.com and then the game, so if all publicly listed VPN servers go down (or if the application malfunctions), the game would be unplayable.
-Using a VPN connection may slow down your connection speeds and *may* not be entirely secure.
-In the event where internet connectivity is poor, the game may cease loading data, and eventually time out.

Access:
1, Install OpenVPN (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.openvpn.openvpn), then EasyOVPN (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easyovpn.easyovpn), and 艦これだã¨ (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.lilylight.dandelion). Follow the Play store's prompts on installing OpenVPN first, before you install EasyOVPN. The latter is a plug-in addon to OpenVPN, which installs some pre-set free VPN servers for usage on OpenVPN.

2, After installing all applications, run EasyOVPN, and select a Japanese-based VPN server to connect through. You'll be prompted to import the VPN profile to OpenVPN. Accept, and then press 'Connect'. Some Japanese servers may not connect and work at all, but in most cases one of the available servers will go through and connect.

3, Once connected, open 艦これだã¨ and tap the top left 艦これだã¨ icon, which will bring up a menu - all in Japanese. Tap the second last option which just says '艦これã⠬€(B機能). You will be redirected to DMM.com's login page. Input your login details, log in, and you should be redirected straight into the game. From there on, just load up and play!

NOTES:
I personally don't use this method, mostly because the application (艦これ㠏と) uses the default android browser to play the game, thus not storing enough cache. But because there is in-built flash support for 艦これだã¨, the game generally runs somewhat smoother through the app rather than through the android browser itself. This method probably puts a moderate burden on the Kancolle servers.

3, Accessing Kancolle via Android Browsers - Firefox vs Puffin Browser
-This method for accessing Kancolle via Firefox or Puffin Browser utilises a Flash plugin and an inbuilt flash plugin respectively, to run Kancolle on the browser. Puffin Browser compatible with iOS!

PUFFIN BROWSER HAS BEEN REPORTED TO WORK AGAIN! If not, try using Firefox!

APPROXIMATE DATA USAGE:
Load up: 10-20MB
First 3-2-1 sortie run: 10-20MB
Refuel + Send expeditions: 2-10MB
Data usage for browsers will decrease over time, as image files, sound files are temporarily stored for the browser session. It's possible to leave on your browser to run in the background and later to resume, as long as you are connected to the internet - either via wifi or 3G/4G.

PROS:
-The apps are all in ENGLISH so you actually know what you're doing!
-Easy to set up: Firefox is readily available, easy to download/operate, and chances are that you already have it installed.
-Can be used in conjunction with OpenVPN to access DMM.com directly to play.
-Easier to multi-task with multiple tabs on browsers so one can easily switch to check expedition requirements, quests, the kancolle forums, etc.

CONS:
-Puffin Browser's free version has download data limitations and will eventually force you to pay for their app.
-It is often difficult to fill your device's screen with the Kancolle game on Firefox because often resizing does not work when taps are detected in an in-browser application (e.g Flash Player: Kancolle!)
-Firefox and Puffin stores little to no cache; you are forced to wait for the game to fully obtain all files from Kancolle's servers, and is thus data-consumption heavy. As a result, in-game play is often quite laggy and portraits/voices take time to download as well.
-Does not work well with poor internet connections and will frequently time out and cease to load. i.e most viable where internet connections are stable, or when not constantly moving.

Access:
IF BY FIREFOX:
1, Download and install Mozilla Firefox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox&hl=en), and Flash Player for Android 11.1 (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.81/install_flash_player_ics.apk) (the flash player app needs to be manually installed as an APK file. You will need to use a program such as File Manager to locate and install the APK).
2, Open Firefox, go to settings on the top right hand corner, go to Display, then Plugins, and select 'Enabled'. This is because sometimes the 'Tap to play' option doesn't seem to work when Kancolle's client page opens.
3, Either by copy+pasting your API link through a link saved somewhere online, or by accessing DMM.com's kancolle page and logging in, access the Kancolle client.
4, Wait for the load, and play!

IF BY PUFFIN BROWSER:
1, Download and install Penguin Browser (Free) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudmosa.puffinFree) (or here is an outdated paid version of Penguin Browser (http://www.mediafire.com/download/pnybmaqdbmimmee/Puffin_Web_Browser_Apk_3.0.9864.apk) that even captain Kiso would not approve the pirating of). Using this older version of Puffin Browser may still see barred access to API links, so if it does not work, try finding more-dated versions as Puffin browser has been reported to work again!
2, Open Puffin Browser, locate your API link and it should immediately work.

NOTES:
This method is usually slower for me, and often consumes quite a bit of data. However, Puffin Browser does seemingly store a little more cache than firefox, and would thus need less downloading. That being said, I find myself re-downloading most of the data over and over again (only a few shipdaughters' portraits are saved, occasionally), so I'm not convinced that either browser actually stores cache. As for firefox, I have tried going into about:config and increasing the cache storage size to maximum, but still find myself re-downloading everything everytime.

4, Accessing Kancolle via Teamviewer
-This method works by remotely viewing the screen of your main PC/Laptop's monitor from your device and allows you to play Kancolle on your PC/Laptop, through your device. Compatible with iOS!

APPROXIMATE DATA USAGE:
Per 3-2-1 sortie on PERFORMANCE MODE (low-resolution): 15-30MBs
Per 3-2-1 sortie on high resolution: 20-50MBs
Every idle minute on PERFORMANCE MODE: 5-10MBs
Every idle minute on high resolution: 7-15MBs
Data usage for Teamviewer is dependent on time spent on the application, as the application actively downloads data from your computer to display on your device's screen. Therefore data usage should actually be at a somewhat constant rate, but the values above are rough approximations from experience, and should be considered as a guide and not as literal usage of data.

PROS:
-Causes the least burden on Kancolle servers and I would personally say that in terms of banning for playing on mobile devices, this method has the least - if not, any - chance of getting you banned. You are using cached data on your PC/Laptop and thus do not need to download sounds, images and data from Kancolle's servers. You are effectively 'playing Kancolle from your computer'!
-Convenient for other uses on your computer. Perhaps you forgot to upload an assignment due and are already in school? You would be able to upload the file from your home computer and transfer it to your device, for example.
-Kancolle itself won't disconnect unless your PC/Laptop at home disconnects from the internet.

CONS:
-An unstable internet connection will make the game fairly choppy and laggy to play.
-The sound is a bit muffled and a bit of quality is lost when using this method to access Kancolle.
-Your to-be-accessed PC/Laptop must be turned on to use this method. If it is turned off, or goes on standby, you wouldn't be able to use this method
-Higher power consumption since your home PC/Laptop has to be turned and left on!

Access:
1, Download and install Teamviewer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile ).
2, Upon installation, follow the prompts and set up your remote access accounts and passwords. The program will guide you through using the app and the program in conjunction to get the application working.
3, On your PC/Laptop, you should receive an 'Allow Remote Access' user ID and password. Input this into the app on your device, and you should be able to connect to your main desktop.
4, Access the game on your desktop via your device and play!

NOTES:
This method is the most recommended by the general Kancolle community as it does not burden Kancolle's servers at all. By using stored cache on your PC/Laptop, it's also the fastest method to execute the game and play - especially if you like leaving your kancolle client on at home. Too bad the data consumption is passive and quite high, even on low-quality and no sound mode: that means you lose quite a fair bit per minute just idling at the home screen!

S.Razelrink
04-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Firefox's alternative method provided by user Laforet:

Nebulus
Alternatively one can use my web-based KC proxy at https://la-foret.me

So in short, Laforet has implemented and developed a server hosted through their own funding, to help users connect to the game with much more convenience! (more information here! (http://www.himeuta.net/f39-kancolle-modules/tool-ooi-free-kancolle-web-proxy-8449.html)

You can use this with firefox as your browser, and cache should remain saved for as long as your browser app isn't terminated. If you're one to leave firefox on in the background all the time (like I do), sorties and expeditions can be done swimmingly, with minimal data consumption after loading the game for the first time. If you're accessing the game from another device frequently resulting in the need to 'refresh your API' on your phone, you can simply log back in on your phone, and start a new game session. In this case, stored cache is used and loading the game consumes almost no data, and loads in an instant.

The OOI2 proxy is quite optimised and is capable of loading the game faster than usual, so having slower connections should not stop you from loading/playing the game! However, a stable connection is still probably required (eg, if you're travelling on a train through tunnels, you probably shouldn't try loading the game!)

Due to the recent changes to how APIs are refreshed, playing through OOI2 has been my main mode of playing the game on my phone. I currently don't use furapita anymore, and other than OOI2, I'll just use a copied API link from my email to load through firefox, mostly when I plan on going out, then coming back home, so I'm able to do my expeditions outside, while not needing to refresh my API until the next day.

Tweaking firefox to optimise cache storage:

By default Firefox on Android will allocate up to 200MB for cache purposes and actively scale it down when available storage is below 2.5GB. It is nearly always better to set it manually to avoid frequent asset reloading - OOI will happily serve the same files over and over again but it will lead to excessive consumption of your battery power and data.

1. Launch Firefox on your device and type about:config in the address bar, this will take you to the hidden settings page

2. Search and find browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled , change it to false as we don't have Firefox to change cache size on its own whim.

3. Search and find browser.cache.disk.capacity. This defines the maximum cache size in kilobytes. In most cases 1GB (1000000 kilobytes) is more than enough.

Conclusion
While Teamviewer is definitely the safest way of accessing Kancolle on a portable android device, FuraPita is undoubtedly the most data efficient and gives the best experience for playing. However if you couldn't get the latter to work, then you may want to consider Firefox or an alternate browser with flash support such as FlashFox, as long as you don't intend on moving around a lot. In my experience, moving around tends to give you varied connectivity with your 3G/4G network, occasionally causing connectivity to temporarily lose connection, which in turn will give you an error musume when you return to your Kancolle client.

Remember, while there is no confirmed evidence of bannings arising from playing from portable devices, I'd highly recommend everyone to not 'load' up the game more than twice per day, as this adds up and causes considerable burden to the Kancolle servers. Otherwise, if you are using Teamviewer, go nuts!

Unregistered
04-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Well... Puffin Browser does not seem to work anymore. This was my best way to play the game on my Iphone.

Anyone know a way to fix this? The performance of Puffin was best. :(

ofi123
04-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Well... Puffin Browser does not seem to work anymore. This was my best way to play the game on my Iphone.

Anyone know a way to fix this? The performance of Puffin was best. :(

It seems dmm has blocked puffin.

S.Razelrink
04-24-2014, 05:21 PM
It seems dmm has blocked puffin.

ah, this seems to be the case for now Q___Q what a shame...!

Unregistered
04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Found Photon X browser that still works. Need to enable Local Access mode in the settings with vpn connected. Could be a bit slow though.

S.Razelrink
04-25-2014, 05:46 AM
Found Photon X browser that still works. Need to enable Local Access mode in the settings with vpn connected. Could be a bit slow though.

thanks for noting this! however if you have access to a VPN, I'd really recommend using kankorekuto (method #2 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) ) as it always felt faster than other browser-based methods!

petit-cheese
04-26-2014, 03:03 AM
Flash Bittan crashes when loading on my phone. It's a Galaxy S4 with Google Edition 4.2.2.

S.Razelrink
04-26-2014, 06:39 AM
petit-cheese can I just ask exactly what happens leading to the crash? do you open an API link then crash, execute the app then crash, etc?

petit-cheese
04-26-2014, 08:58 PM
S.Razelrink It begins to load then the app closes abruptly. It's not a biggy as I can just stick to Firefox.

S.Razelrink
04-27-2014, 06:23 AM
petit-cheese most unfortunately, I've not heard of this problem before : ( so I'm not entirely sure on how to help you with that! I wish I could though q___q

if you really wanted to get it to work, you could try playing around with reinstalling furabita, or just trying again later! some people have had problems getting it to work at first, but tried again later to find that it somehow worked for them

good luck!

Divine Wind
05-09-2014, 09:06 PM
S.Razelrink I have tried nearly all the posted methods none seem to work. I have gs4 running 4.3 I know one says it doesn't work normally on 4.3 and up. If I use method 2 I get to the log on page and it says web page could not be found after entering my log in credentials. Fire fox with vpn gives an error like b-001 or something after I put in my log in credentials. Any ideas?

chuwenhsuan
05-10-2014, 02:20 AM
I have tried nearly all the posted methods none seem to work. I have gs4 running 4.3 I know one says it doesn't work normally on 4.3 and up. If I use method 2 I get to the log on page and it says web page could not be found after entering my log in credentials. Fire fox with vpn gives an error like b-001 or something after I put in my log in credentials. Any ideas?

B-001 means that there's a connection problem. Usually it means that DMM has blocked the VPN, so you may want to switch to a different one.

logicallysound
05-10-2014, 03:02 AM
Note that pretty much all of these methods will fail in Android 4.4 because Google replaced the open source Android browser (and associated WebView) with Chrome and Google has generally decided not to bother supporting Flash.

You've got a couple of choices: FlashFox, Dolphin browser with hacked Adobe Flash Player apk. In either case I've found the game to be just about unplayable on an Android device, though it might be good enough for some small tasks like expeditions and stuff. Mobile devices will tend to kick stuff out of cache a lot more eagerly than a desktop browser.

Theoretically somebody could create a proper client using the API but who would dare cross that line? :P

EDIT: To be clear, method #4 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) will still work because it doesn't involve flash at all, but it also eats data like crazy and may not be practical if you're mostly on 3G/4G.

S.Razelrink
05-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Divine Wind as chuwenhsuan said, you'll need to try connecting via a different VPN. I'm not entirely sure if the openVPN gate will provide you with many more free VPNs to connect to, but if not, then you may want to consider method #4 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) .
logicallysound what about firefox? as you said, dolphin browser is still a known good alternative, and teamviewer (method #4 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) ) should most definitely still work with android 4.4!

logicallysound
05-10-2014, 05:31 PM
The problem is that in Android 4.4, installing Dolphin and the old, official Adobe Flash Player apk isn't enough. You must install a hacked version of the Adobe Flash Player apk so that Dolphin will be able to load the flash plugin. Same with Firefox, though FlashFox apparently has all the Flash goodness built right into it.

So basically, FlashFox is your one-stop shop browser-with-flash in the new KitKat world.

S.Razelrink
05-10-2014, 06:11 PM
logicallysound that's some logically sound information! thanks for that : ) I'll look into the flashfox alternative once I get the chance to try/test it out, then hopefully add it onto the front page of the thread

Divine Wind
05-11-2014, 07:01 PM
logicallysound thanks I just decided to wait till I got home to send a new api link :p. What is this hacked flash you speak of? I currently need to run two browsers on my phone firefox used only to play Kancolle and dolphin which is really my preferred browser, but as you said flash doesn't load properly hence I use firefox. Don't know if its the same for you but after that april update it runs just like a computer now on my phone a tiny bit of lag remains but pretty solid now.

S.Razelrink thanks for the help guess I will just stick with the api method for now. The team one seems good but I have a lap top for a computer so I can't leave it on all day it gets to hot and kills the converter in the charger to quickly.

logicallysound
05-11-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't remember exactly where I got it, but a few Google searches may turn it up. It used to be downloadable from the XDA forums but that was hosted by Google Drive, which decided it didn't like the file and won't serve it anymore. So you'll have to find some other source. Once you find it, you'll need to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player app you already have installed because the hacked one has a different signature -- as you would expect, people who aren't Adobe can't sign APKs with Adobe's private key, so another key is used to sign the APK instead.

After that, the game should work in Dolphin if you turn on Flash in the web content settings.

Really, DMM should consider making a proper mobile client and my guess is that what's stopping them is a crunch on resources (both people and servers) and the lottery process, which is inherently web-based. I hope that they can turn some of this success into something resembling a decent income to improve quality of life for the players. If nothing else, they're dropping money on the floor by leaving mobile devices out of the mix. Not very forward-thinking at all.

chronomeister
05-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Just tried the Firefox method after the Flash Bittan didn't work too well (kept getting the Error -1). Worked rather well for me. First thing I did though was opened a new tab and went to "about:config" and bumped browser.cache.disk.capacity up to the recommended 1GB (1048576) so unfortunately don't know about performance before and after that change.

I did get a couple of error cats but I'll blame that on shitty coverage in my neck of the woods; switched to wifi and had no problems after that. Running Android 4.3.

S.Razelrink
05-12-2014, 02:22 PM
chronomeister I've tried increasing browser cache disk capacity to that value before, but it still doesn't seem to save any cache at all even after that :\ and furapita (I spelt it wrong the first time) is declared to not be supported by android versions above 4.2, so that's probably why furapita didn't work for you! I did realise that error cats come up more often than usual after the UI-enhancement patch, but the client generally runs much better on mobile devices after that, so the trade-off was very worth it in my opinion
Divine Wind sorry to hear that you couldn't find a good method! I've just tried connecting via openVPN and it has worked fine for me. I'll try get flashfox to work once my semester finishes, and I'll notify you once I add it as a replacement method for puffin browser

Divine Wind
05-12-2014, 06:31 PM
S.Razelrink cool that sounds good. I will try to get either dolphin or firefox to work on a vpn if I can haven't had time to mess with it in the past few days. Maybe tonight when I get off work I will bust out my lap top so I don't have to switch screens to read stuff. Right now I will just keep my vpi so I can keep Shimakaze and sister busy. Thanks for the help I will let you know if I do get a method to work.

Natsume
05-28-2014, 11:33 PM
I can't watch the video demonstration because it's private.

S.Razelrink
05-29-2014, 06:48 AM
I can't watch the video demonstration because it's private.

oh! sorry about that :\ but the video was made to demonstrate furabita before the UI optimisation update, and the loading process and usage is somewhat different compared to before the update! which means, I'll have to make a new video soon - hopefully by the end of this week

please wait until then! : )

Peggisan
06-07-2014, 05:30 AM
flash pittan doesnt work on android 4.2.2. after emailing myself an api link, i am unable to load it. after i click on it, the loading bar loads for a second before disappearing.

CherryWood
06-07-2014, 07:39 AM
I've only managed to run Kancolle in FlashFox browser using api link.
flash pittan is doing the same for me

S.Razelrink
06-20-2014, 05:10 PM
flash pittan doesnt work on android 4.2.2. after emailing myself an api link, i am unable to load it. after i click on it, the loading bar loads for a second before disappearing.

so sorry for the late reply, but I'm actually running 4.2.2 and it works fine for me!

by 'loading bar' did you mean the integrated browser's loading bar? are you loading this through a stable wifi connection? do you just get a black screen after the browser loading bar disappears? I'm not sure if furapita comes with a platform that's able to play flash games straight away, so have you tried installing the last version of flash for android? if not, it's in the link description under 'playing via firefox'!

so in order, please try: 1, connecting through a stable wifi connection (without openVPN or any VPNs) before 2: installing the flash add-on for android (if you haven't).

CherryWood so are you okay with running flash pittan?

MarePH
06-21-2014, 04:09 AM
Kancolle Works on my 4.2.2 customed to KitKat... It runs fine but everytime I open it it needs to load in the middlebar but after that I can play fine :)

Im using Firefox Browser

S.Razelrink
06-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Kancolle Works on my 4.2.2 customed to KitKat... It runs fine but everytime I open it it needs to load in the middlebar but after that I can play fine :)

Im using Firefox Browser

I get that too! I'm guessing it's entirely intended :')

GuiltyClown
07-08-2014, 10:48 AM
So does anyone actually use this using anroid phones?

S.Razelrink
07-14-2014, 04:07 PM
So does anyone actually use this using anroid phones?

if you're referring to furapita, then yes, I do and it works well! provided that my 3G connection is stable

Genichirou
07-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Currently on my Android 4.3 using Firefox and OpenVPN and there is no problem. Playing on Android everyday since I'm always on the move.

Saya
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Is there a way to use VPN and use API instead of connecting directly to dmm? Also,stil looking for method 1 to work on android 4.4.3.

S.Razelrink
07-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Is there a way to use VPN and use API instead of connecting directly to dmm? Also,stil looking for method 1 to work on android 4.4.3.

if connecting to your API in firefox's browser doesn't count, then I don't think I've found any other ways to connect to the game without actually logging in through DMM (if that's what you meant?)

I've heard no more than just a blogger's page in japanese, stating that the developer had apparently stated incompatibility issues with later versions of android -- specifically, 4.3 and above. though, some people have seemed to got it working despite running android 4.3.. I'm just not sure what exactly makes the application incompatible with android 4.3+ compared to 4.2 and prior, so I don't think I'd be able to help you much on that q___q

Gollgagh
07-23-2014, 07:56 PM
It might be related to the fact that Adobe's own flash player hasn't been updated since ICS, making any flash support on 4.3+ a third-party affair at best.

Narukite
07-29-2014, 07:15 AM
So, I started using furapita, and it works quite well.
The framerate is acceptable considering my phone specs and the game loads quite fast, I'm surprised.
And here's my question:
- The app only hold momentarily cache, right? Everytime I close the app and re-open it again, it needs to load again from the server.
- When minimized, sometimes my phone RAM went full and automatically kills any app that running. When I opened furapita again, the screen went black and I had to re-load. Does it load from the server or does it use the momentarily cache?
- Since I don't want to overburden the server, does 'load' includes everytime I clicked re-load because the game froze or is it only when the initial load that happen when I first open the app?
I appreciate every answer. :)

Kirara
07-31-2014, 12:40 PM
I recently started using Google's remote desktop viewer.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.chromeremotedesktop&hl=en

The set-up is extremely simple, and I haven't run into any bugs. The only issue is that if you leave it on in the background, it will drain your data cap, so be sure to exit the app if you use this method. I have used it for a few hours and only used about 30mb of my data cap for my phone.

S.Razelrink
08-04-2014, 09:15 AM
So, I started using furapita, and it works quite well.
The framerate is acceptable considering my phone specs and the game loads quite fast, I'm surprised.
And here's my question:
- The app only hold momentarily cache, right? Everytime I close the app and re-open it again, it needs to load again from the server.
- When minimized, sometimes my phone RAM went full and automatically kills any app that running. When I opened furapita again, the screen went black and I had to re-load. Does it load from the server or does it use the momentarily cache?
- Since I don't want to overburden the server, does 'load' includes everytime I clicked re-load because the game froze or is it only when the initial load that happen when I first open the app?
I appreciate every answer. :)

first of all, sorry for the late response! and here are the answers to what I know:
(1), that's right, temporary cache is stored for every 'load up' however I'm not sure if you'll need to re-load everything if you only refresh your API link in game. I don't think you'll reload cache just by refreshing, but by re-opening the application, you'll definitely need to load all data again

(2), if the screen has gone black again, it's likely that your app has been entirely restarted and this means you'll need to reload your data again!

(3) you can see if any data transmission from DMM's servers are being drawn if your loading screen's loading bar is moving up slowly. but really, I usually reload my client twice, thrice or four times a day (for a while now) and I'm still okay. I don't think DMM will do anything about it, as long as you're not constantly pulling data in short periods of time like that banning incident with KCVtool where the application constantly requested data from the servers to provide users with a 'live update' of their fleets, equipment, resources, etc. this feature basically meant that users would be 'loading' data from DMM's servers constantly over hours of use, and this kind of activity would definitely overburden the servers! loading furapita a few times in a day shouldn't be too unreasonable, but just know that what I say isn't 100% and a warning/ban is always a possibility!

Kirara that sounds really neat! 30mbs in a few hours is really good but how does the quality look? and is the frame rate really slow? if you have the time, it'd be great if you could post a short image (or even a video -- that'd be brilliant!) of the app being used over your phone : )

Diamondketo
08-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Recently I tried Furapita on my Galaxy Note3 (android version 4.4). I'm getting this error. Anyone else experienced this or any clue how to fix it?

Edit: Well I did get it to work on Firefox, guess that will do for now. Wish there was one that worked for IOS. I heard Photon X Browser works but it's not a free app, so I can't really test it out.

S.Razelrink
08-14-2014, 04:57 AM
Recently I tried Furapita on my Galaxy Note3 (android version 4.4). I'm getting this error. Anyone else experienced this or any clue how to fix it?

Edit: Well I did get it to work on Firefox, guess that will do for now. Wish there was one that worked for IOS. I heard Photon X Browser works but it's not a free app, so I can't really test it out.

furapita is known to not be compatible with android versions above 4.3 (or was it 4.2?) so this is quite normal if you have 4.4! I'm sure if you googled hard enough, finding an APK for a paid version of photon browser wouldn't be too difficult :') but who am I to encourage piracy? my kiso kai-ni isn't even 99 yet!

MarePH
08-23-2014, 12:53 AM
for those running on 4.4 try using adobe flashplayer on XDA ( the latest one ) and use either Firefox or Your Normal Browser..... but i prefer UC browser too and make sure it cached to SD card for fast loading times :D i havent got any trouble playing Kancolle on my android at all... besides i only use this for expeditions and daily sorties :)

Asd
08-26-2014, 12:21 AM
So I am trying to install Furapita on my tablet and it giving me a Parse Error when I tried to install it? Is there anyway to fix it or a newer version that been released?

MarePH
08-28-2014, 09:34 PM
So I am trying to install Furapita on my tablet and it giving me a Parse Error when I tried to install it? Is there anyway to fix it or a newer version that been released?

parse error which means either your installer is corrupted or your android version is not supported..

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
08-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Used to have an android...now I'm planning to play KC through Windows phone 8.1

S.Razelrink
09-01-2014, 05:49 PM
for those running on 4.4 try using adobe flashplayer on XDA ( the latest one ) and use either Firefox or Your Normal Browser..... but i prefer UC browser too and make sure it cached to SD card for fast loading times :D i havent got any trouble playing Kancolle on my android at all... besides i only use this for expeditions and daily sorties :)

could I ask how you were able to store cache on your SD card? is there even a difference in limit to internal storage allocation and SD card storage allocations in terms of cache? because my phone has an unusually high internal storage (32gb) and my SD card is pretty much the same (also 32gb) but I rarely store copious amounts of data, so both storages are quite empty.

to make my question easier to interpret and simply put: does assigning your SD card as a cached data destination make gameplay any faster than having your phone use internal storage? let me know! : )

SenkanYamatoKai2000 don't quote me for this, but I've heard that kancolle is actually supported on windows devices? I know for sure that they are on windows tablets (like the surface pro) but perhaps it may work better on a windows phone than an android phone!

bloodytentacle
09-01-2014, 06:00 PM
've heard that kancolle is actually supported on windows devices? I know for sure that they are on windows tablets (like the surface pro) but perhaps it may work better on a windows phone than an android phone!
I play kancolle outside home using andriod using Teamviewer
Now my Acer Window Tablet works perfectly

Acer arconia w4 playing kancolle - YouTube (http://youtu.be/cIdE60dqR6c)

S.Razelrink
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
bloodytentacle I personally feel that teamviewer takes up too much data for the amount of time I spend on the game! but it is undoubtedly the safest and most recommended way to play kancolle over a mobile device x___x

and your video is currently being processed; I'll get back to it later!

Nozomi
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM
could I ask how you were able to store cache on your SD card? is there even a difference in limit to internal storage allocation and SD card storage allocations in terms of cache? because my phone has an unusually high internal storage (32gb) and my SD card is pretty much the same (also 32gb) but I rarely store copious amounts of data, so both storages are quite empty.

to make my question easier to interpret and simply put: does assigning your SD card as a cached data destination make gameplay any faster than having your phone use internal storage? let me know! : )

@SenkanYamatoKai2000 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/senkanyamatokai2000/) don't quote me for this, but I've heard that kancolle is actually supported on windows devices? I know for sure that they are on windows tablets (like the surface pro) but perhaps it may work better on a windows phone than an android phone!

Surface Pro is no surprise, since that one is normal PC architecture. You can just run KCV on that one.
As for Surface RT, I could test that on Thursday/Friday when I can get my hands again on one. There is an IE version running on that one, but I'm not sure about the flash support.
If it runs without problems there then I would guess that it should run better than on android devices, since Flash support for Windows is in general better than for Linux. Although Surface RT is ARM-architecture... could be different on that one...

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
09-01-2014, 07:36 PM

@SenkanYamatoKai2000 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/senkanyamatokai2000/) don't quote me for this, but I've heard that kancolle is actually supported on windows devices? I know for sure that they are on windows tablets (like the surface pro) but perhaps it may work better on a windows phone than an android phone!

lol...I actually start using Windows Surface RT to play KanColle, due to my new MSI laptop receiving tons of catbombs when game is loading after Game start. (I honestly dont know why, all other PCs in the same wifi hotspot works for KanColle (via DMM.com site), but not for my MSI (yes I tried other browsers, use VPN, update my flash player and system, and cookie method, but all won't work). I'm just curious, is it just me, or my MSI's adapter is having a problem.

S.Razelrink
09-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Nozomi let us know how the surface RT fares!

SenkanYamatoKai2000 it's really nice to have a windows tablet to play kancolle on..! the catbombs may have just been a poor wifi adaptor in your laptop? some of my devices just have poorer wifi reception and requires me to be closer to the wifi router itself to not disconnect q___q

I wish it could be the same for my phone because I really don't feel like lugging around a tablet just to do my morning PVPs and expeditions while on-the-go (and I admit, occasionally some 2-3 runs and daily construction quests). however, lately my client through furapita has been lagging down to maybe two frames a second whenever I'm in any kind of combat mode that involves the animation of pre-emptive dive bomber/torpedo bomber strikes by any carriers! I wonder if anyone else is getting this or if it's just me...

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
09-03-2014, 05:21 PM
@Nozomi (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/nozomi/) let us know how the surface RT fares!

@SenkanYamatoKai2000 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/senkanyamatokai2000/) it's really nice to have a windows tablet to play kancolle on..! the catbombs may have just been a poor wifi adaptor in your laptop? some of my devices just have poorer wifi reception and requires me to be closer to the wifi router itself to not disconnect q___q

I wish it could be the same for my phone because I really don't feel like lugging around a tablet just to do my morning PVPs and expeditions while on-the-go (and I admit, occasionally some 2-3 runs and daily construction quests). however, lately my client through furapita has been lagging down to maybe two frames a second whenever I'm in any kind of combat mode that involves the animation of pre-emptive dive bomber/torpedo bomber strikes by any carriers! I wonder if anyone else is getting this or if it's just me...

I am currently in college campus right now.....somehow their wifi system requires us to download their wifi client, which my Surface RT is NOT supported. (its a huge bummer and I can't play KanColle inside campus)

Ironically, my MSI laptop finally got KanColle Working......in some occasions (after I modified the firewall)

rtys8
09-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Has anyone checked if this worked?

Download Gratis ???????,Gratis ??????? Android download | 1mobile.co.id

EDIT:nvm,it's just another pittan dl link.
(http://www.1mobile.co.id/com-ready-on-kancolle-pittan-877358.html)

mnpqraven
10-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Hello everyone, i'm new to android devices and when i click the api link in pittan browser, i get "ERROR CODE: -1, There was a network error." Dis i do something wrong ?

chuwenhsuan
10-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Hello everyone, i'm new to android devices and when i click the api link in pittan browser, i get "ERROR CODE: -1, There was a network error." Dis i do something wrong ?

If you Android system is above 4.3, the browser won't work.

Acchan
10-18-2014, 04:21 PM
So i reset my phone settings and tried to play kancolle with Flash Pittan but all i am having are error cats.

Solved it myself, phone time/date settings. >_> feel so stupid.

S.Razelrink
10-18-2014, 04:54 PM
So i reset my phone settings and tried to play kancolle with Flash Pittan but all i am having are error cats.

make sure you've updated your API link and it's not running on an old patch, also ensure that you have a good, stable internet connection. you can try connecting to your home
wifi before trying 3G to rule out the fact that your error cats are being caused by connectivity issues!

(edit) glad to know you got it to work! :')

Acchan
10-18-2014, 04:55 PM
S.Razelrink Fixed it myself, maybe you could rephrase it and add it to the frontpage incase of a similar case xD

S.Razelrink
10-18-2014, 04:59 PM
S.Razelrink Fixed it myself, maybe you could rephrase it and add it to the frontpage incase of a similar case xD

good idea! I'll do just that, thanks!

I also forgot to mention, how did you 'fix' your time and date settings?

Acchan
10-18-2014, 05:06 PM
@S.Razelrink (http://www.himeuta.net/members/s-razelrink/) For Android 4.0 Settings>Date & TIme> Uncheck Automatic Date & Time + Auto Timezone.

Set Date : To Japan's Date

Set Time : +/- 1 hour from Japan's current time.

Select Time Zone : GMT +8 or GMT +9(Japan's time zone)

Well, that is alest for my phone settings at the moment, i could screenshot it if you need a clearer picture.

S.Razelrink
10-18-2014, 06:17 PM
@S.Razelrink (http://www.himeuta.net/members/s-razelrink/) For Android 4.0 Settings>Date & TIme> Uncheck Automatic Date & Time + Auto Timezone.

Set Date : To Japan's Date

Set Time : +/- 1 hour from Japan's current time.

Select Time Zone : GMT +8 or GMT +9(Japan's time zone)

Well, that is alest for my phone settings at the moment, i could screenshot it if you need a clearer picture.

strange... I'm using my local time and it works fine! could you try changing your time back to your local time?

Acchan
10-19-2014, 02:38 AM
S.Razelrink My local time is GMT+8 xD, i think that the 2 options should be unchecked.

S.Razelrink
10-19-2014, 03:46 AM
S.Razelrink My local time is GMT+8 xD, i think that the 2 options should be unchecked.

okay, thanks! I'll note it! : )

SubZ3r0 X2
10-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Hello,

I've installed flash player 11.1, and firefox. When I put in my api link with or without the amp; after the &, It loads and when I click the gamestart button, it just stays on the black boat screen loading.

Any tips? Running 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4

XiaXueYi
10-29-2014, 04:19 AM
Hi, has anyone tried using Opera Mini browser?

EDIT: sorry, looks like Opera on mobile also no longer supports flash :/

S.Razelrink
10-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Hello,

I've installed flash player 11.1, and firefox. When I put in my api link with or without the amp; after the &, It loads and when I click the gamestart button, it just stays on the black boat screen loading.

Any tips? Running 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4

if you've gotten that far, it's honestly going to be a problem with either your internet connectivity (unstable connections tend to leave the loading boat stuck in a limbo of black purgatory) or that it's loading, just taking a while! generally I find that my game loads for a little under a minute during the loading boat screen :')

either try waiting for three-four minutes at most, or re-try while connected to a stable internet port via wifi!

kfss
11-03-2014, 10:28 PM
If you have a computer you leave idle at home that can run kancolle, you can use the google play app remote desktop for chrome to access your computer from the internet and play on your android device. I dont know how much the data consumption is though.

Roxy
11-21-2014, 03:32 AM
I've gotten KanColle to work on Puffin Browser through api, is there any risk of being banned because I'm playing via my phone? I've seen some cases where people suspect that might be the reason behind getting banned.

S.Razelrink
11-21-2014, 04:41 AM
I've gotten KanColle to work on Puffin Browser through api, is there any risk of being banned because I'm playing via my phone? I've seen some cases where people suspect that might be the reason behind getting banned.

how were you able to do this? by simply opening an API link in your browser?

and to answer your question, the possibility is definitely there - especially if you're re-opening your API link several times everyday (as these browsers do not store cache) - so just try not to re-load your game more than ... twice a day? if I disconnect twice a day, I'll just give up and wait until I get home before refreshing my expeditions, etc etc. on most days, I'd re-load my game once or twice a day, and I've been doing this for about nine months now so the possibility isn't too high as long as you don't keep pulling data from the servers.

Roxy
11-21-2014, 05:22 AM
how were you able to do this? by simply opening an API link in your browser?

and to answer your question, the possibility is definitely there - especially if you're re-opening your API link several times everyday (as these browsers do not store cache) - so just try not to re-load your game more than ... twice a day? if I disconnect twice a day, I'll just give up and wait until I get home before refreshing my expeditions, etc etc. on most days, I'd re-load my game once or twice a day, and I've been doing this for about nine months now so the possibility isn't too high as long as you don't keep pulling data from the servers.
Yeah, I just copied my api link into the browser. And as for using the same api link repeatedly, I already do that with KanColleViewer so I guess (as in, open the app various times per day with the same api link, I refresh it every week or so) I'm not overstepping what I've done already.

S.Razelrink
11-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I just copied my api link into the browser. And as for using the same api link repeatedly, I already do that with KanColleViewer so I guess (as in, open the app various times per day with the same api link, I refresh it every week or so) I'm not overstepping what I've done already.

the difference with kancolleviewer and penguin browser is that kancolleviewer saves cache through internet explorer so the game's data files are stored on your computer and accessed without having to re-download the data all over again from dmm's servers, whereas mobile apps can't do this, so everytime you refresh on a mobile app, you'd be redownloading the whole game again (which is what they don't want!)

unless you set your internet explorer so that it doesn't save cache, which would be alarming to hear!

taddy829
01-06-2015, 02:36 AM
The mediafire link for Flash Pittan isn't working for me right now, website is having issues I think. Can somebody with the apk, or can download it, reup it somewhere else?

Edit: found the apk elsewhere after a bit of looking.

Unregistered
01-08-2015, 09:04 AM
So I've tried the second method and first it says i have to download the Flash Player so i do that but then after i log in insted of loading the game it asks me to download Flash Player (the PC version)
I'm running KitKat on my S3 Neo

Kazutsu
01-08-2015, 11:39 AM
The one posted before me is me i just made an account to edit my posts.
So anyway what i stated above me the 艦これだã¨ application is asking me to install Flash Player after pressing '艦これã⠬€(B機能) so i do that but then after i log in to DMM and it redirects me to Kancolle but after a few second of white screen it tells me to download the Flash Player here's the image link:
http://imgur.com/Yl1nw9T
any ideas?

S.Razelrink
01-13-2015, 06:33 AM
The one posted before me is me i just made an account to edit my posts.
So anyway what i stated above me the 艦これだã¨ application is asking me to install Flash Player after pressing '艦これã⠬€(B機能) so i do that but then after i log in to DMM and it redirects me to Kancolle but after a few second of white screen it tells me to download the Flash Player here's the image link:
imgur: the simple image sharer (http://imgur.com/Yl1nw9T)
any ideas?

make sure you've installed flash player properly, and if you can't get it to work, there are some helpful guides over google somewhere (I can't remember where I found mine). you can test to see if your flash player is correctly installed by trying to access an API link:

so try copy and pasting and hyperlinking your API link somewhere where only you can access, then open it through your phone. I hyperlink my APIs through my email service, so I sign in, open that mail and tap on my API link, which directly runs the game. trying to the run game through DMM's service is a bit of a hassle so it's probably better to load the game through API.

Kazutsu
01-13-2015, 09:29 PM
S.Razelrink Okay so I tried what you said and the API link worked on Mozila Firefox but it didn't work on Chrome.
So that means I did correctly install the Flash Player.

S.Razelrink
01-14-2015, 05:38 AM
S.Razelrink Okay so I tried what you said and the API link worked on Mozila Firefox but it didn't work on Chrome.
So that means I did correctly install the Flash Player.

kankorekuto and flash pittan both utilise the standard android browser to load the game, but if you were able to load it in mozilla, you should be able to load it on the standard browser as well, so this is weird... was there anything you wanted to use from the kankorekuto app that you can't use in a standard browser? because if you can get it to work on firefox, I don't think you're missing out on much by using that over kankorekuto! (apart from the spreadsheet data, but you don't really need it and it's a bit finnicky to use on the phone)

Cubey42
01-27-2015, 09:44 AM
I don't know where to post this but I just wanted to mention it to those looking for solutions.

I just became a player about 4-5 days ago, but I knew I'd want a good/safe android option if it was available. I never got around to trying these, but Remote Desktop viewer works perfectly with my Galaxy Note 2. Its also nice because its more like I'm controlling my computer so I couldn't imagine any risk involved. I tested it today and didn't have any big issues. Audio and visuals are fine, and if you use KC3 you can still use that as well.

Keep in mind that remote desktop is usually best on a WiFi connection, especially if you plan to play for extended periods of time. But I found it to be great so far for just updating my expeditions, even without WiFi

hatescammer
01-31-2015, 04:15 PM
i tried using flash pittan today but whenever i click my API link it will say network error?? is it just me or flash pittan dosent work anymore??

Myrrors
02-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Hi, I have a problem with Flash Pittan and I was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem. I can run Flash Pittan normally until I get to the floating boat loading screen. The screen will stay frozen and then after 5 seconds, the app will kick me back to my home screen but the app does not close. If I go back to the app it will take me back to the Google home page. Sometimes I can get to the "Game Start" Screen and see the loading bar but it will never move and will just kick me back to my home screen. I am getting to my API via gmail and I am sure my flash works because I can play the game fine on FireFox Beta. The time setting is unlocked as instructed in the front page. I would love to conserve data with Flash Pittan because I only have 2G/Month.

S.Razelrink
02-05-2015, 05:13 AM
Cubey42 remote desktop apps are without a doubt, the safest and most reliable way of accessing the game, but to me I just find that it consumes too much data! the trick with not overloading servers with other apps such as furapita or firefox, is to leave them running idly in the background so you're able to access it on demand without having to re-download data again, then recharging your phone without closing the app and leaving it on for as long as possible. this is the most data-efficient trick to reduce data consumption as well as server burden (next to remote desktop viewing!)

hatescammer can you try again while on wifi, or whenever you have a stable internet connection? also ensure that your phone isn't blocking furapita, as an app, from internet access, because sometimes when too much 3G/4G data is used, some phones will automatically barr most apps from accessing 3G/4G internet etc.

Hi, I have a problem with Flash Pittan and I was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem. I can run Flash Pittan normally until I get to the floating boat loading screen. The screen will stay frozen and then after 5 seconds, the app will kick me back to my home screen but the app does not close. If I go back to the app it will take me back to the Google home page. Sometimes I can get to the "Game Start" Screen and see the loading bar but it will never move and will just kick me back to my home screen. I am getting to my API via gmail and I am sure my flash works because I can play the game fine on FireFox Beta. The time setting is unlocked as instructed in the front page. I would love to conserve data with Flash Pittan because I only have 2G/Month.

after some months of testing, I found out that furapita doesn't actually save cache over different sessions, but it seems to drain a little less data than firefox (when I tested it) for some unknown reason! if you have two gigabytes a month, the difference between firefox and furapita is almost negligible. however, the benefits of furapita in terms of performance far outweigh firefox for me, with furapita running the game almost as smoothly as my desktop, as well as being a full screen application; it fits perfectly on my screen! so if you play kancolle on your phone solely for expeditions (and maybe PVPs) then you're honestly not missing out on much, so don't worry! :') performance isn't a must unless you're constantly running 3-2 or 2-3 on your phone.

hatescammer
02-05-2015, 05:33 AM
S.Razelrink

i am using wifi other website like google works fine but when i press my API link it immediatly pop network error...

S.Razelrink
02-05-2015, 04:40 PM
S.Razelrink

i am using wifi other website like google works fine but when i press my API link it immediatly pop network error...

what android version are you running for your device?

hatescammer
02-06-2015, 02:41 AM
S.Razelrink

android version 4.3

Cubey42
02-07-2015, 08:52 AM
S.Razelrink I agree, If you don't have a sizeable data plan or convenient wifi access then remote desktop isn't the best solution, I just wanted to post the idea incase anyone was looking for another option :D

S.Razelrink
02-07-2015, 12:16 PM
S.Razelrink

android version 4.3

most unfortunately, furapita is known to have issues with android 4.3. it works fine for android versions before that, though! (I think only one user so far has reported a working furapita experience with android 4.3)

Cubey42 but still! thanks for your contribution! :')

hatescammer
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
S.Razelrink
aww i see ok thx for the quick reply

atagowatcher69
02-18-2015, 07:09 PM
kankorekuto and flash pittan both utilise the standard android browser to load the game, but if you were able to load it in mozilla, you should be able to load it on the standard browser as well, so this is weird... was there anything you wanted to use from the kankorekuto app that you can't use in a standard browser? because if you can get it to work on firefox, I don't think you're missing out on much by using that over kankorekuto! (apart from the spreadsheet data, but you don't really need it and it's a bit finnicky to use on the phone)
I know this is old but I wanted to add the fact that the guy was running KitKat (4.4) and starting from that version, Android browser began using Chromium instead of whatever homegrown solution the Android team was using before. Therefore, Flash support was removed and 3rd party browsers have to be used instead.

atagowatcher69
02-18-2015, 07:33 PM
On a similar note, in 4.3, while it was possible to add Flash support into the Android browser by manually installing Flash, the same wasn't necessarily true for the WebView component which I suspect that the first two apps in the OP use. I hear that certain custom ROMs have fixed this issue.

Choque
02-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Anyone tried UC Browser? Has a built in flash player IIRC

S.Razelrink
02-19-2015, 01:47 AM
I know this is old but I wanted to add the fact that the guy was running KitKat (4.4) and starting from that version, Android browser began using Chromium instead of whatever homegrown solution the Android team was using before. Therefore, Flash support was removed and 3rd party browsers have to be used instead.

ah, okay! that's an interesting thing to note... I don't really keep up with android updates because I'm always on 4.2 and don't really feel the need to upgrade (especially if it takes furapita away from meeee)

mithikx
02-19-2015, 02:02 AM
If it's possible I recommend using TeamViewer (or something similar). My desktop is set to stay on (no sleeping and etc.) and I just connect to it as needed through TeamViewer and exit it when I'm done as to not burn through my data cap and battery. I only queue expeditions usually the 1 hour 30 minutes or longer ones. But it's possible to sortie if you want, though it may get choppy depending on your device and internet connection, if you're on WiFi it tends to be better depending on your circumstances.

It works rather well on my Note 4 and better on my Nexus 7 due to it's display size.

Shirotama
02-21-2015, 02:23 AM
Just checking. Can anyone confirm if you can get banned by using the Firefox method? I plan on using it since I am away, but rather not risk it if there is quite the potential of having my account locked.

Shirotama
02-21-2015, 02:27 AM
I just read about having it so I don't refresh the link more than I need to. Nub question but what is the best method to ensure I can keep the link from refreshing?

S.Razelrink
02-21-2015, 11:33 AM
I just read about having it so I don't refresh the link more than I need to. Nub question but what is the best method to ensure I can keep the link from refreshing?

all methods access DMM's servers in a similar way, so I'm sure we can safely assume that myself having used furapita for a whole year now (but I don't load my client more than once or twice a day), would also make firefox a safe option to access the game through your device as well. as I mentioned however, this is still done at your own risk, and please don't send me death threats if you get banned! I just know that I haven't since I started using it late 2013!

also if you leave firefox open in the background with the kancolle tab open, the game should always be running and you should not disconnect! until you turn off your phone or exit firefox or something like that

Nakanaki
02-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Hi guys, im new in this forum.to the important,i have a phone whit android 4.4.2 and the game works in dolphin browser and uc browser both whit flash player 11.1 using the api_link,but i dont know if i can get banned using this method,its safe?

ps:sorry for bad english.

S.Razelrink
03-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Hi guys, im new in this forum.to the important,i have a phone whit android 4.4.2 and the game works in dolphin browser and uc browser both whit flash player 11.1 using the api_link,but i dont know if i can get banned using this method,its safe?

ps:sorry for bad english.

hello, and welcome to the forums!

firstly, nothing is guaranteed to be safe, but you *should* be fine if you're only loading the game once or twice a day (and not any more often than that)! you can keep your browser running in the background for as long as possible without closing the client, and that should be a little bit safer than exiting/downloading the game over and over again, since these browsers don't store cache

Xosevan
03-17-2015, 11:23 AM
hello everyone.. im new to this forum
i want to ask sth..
actually.. i tried to play kancolle with the 1st method using flash pittan. i could access to dmm but i couldnt play it because it said that i needed to download adobe flash player.
can someone help? sorry i dont understand why.

Yongxing
03-17-2015, 11:36 AM
I wonder whether can play on Iphone :)

KitsuneSama
03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Xosevan i use Photon Browser, try that

S.Razelrink
03-17-2015, 02:29 PM
I wonder whether can play on Iphone :)

you would be able to if you can run any flash-enabled browser on your iphone! I don't know if this is still possible or not, but I remember these browsers being mostly incompatible with iphones. or maybe I remembered wrong... either way, try running photon browser or penguin on your iphone, and then try running an API link!

hello everyone.. im new to this forum
i want to ask sth..
actually.. i tried to play kancolle with the 1st method using flash pittan. i could access to dmm but i couldnt play it because it said that i needed to download adobe flash player.
can someone help? sorry i dont understand why.

some users will get this error if their android version is higher than 4.2.x -- i.e android versions 4.3 and higher will sometimes result in this error. either that, or you do not have flash player installed/installed properly! try deleting the flash player software included in the link, and reinstalling it, before trying again. you may have to fiddle around with settings and stuff in the flash player app's settings before getting it to work!

Xosevan
03-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Xosevan i use Photon Browser, try that

but it will be detected that i dont play kancolle on computer.. so how to trick it??

some users will get this error if their android version is higher than 4.2.x -- i.e android versions 4.3 and higher will sometimes result in this error. either that, or you do not have flash player installed/installed properly! try deleting the flash player software included in the link, and reinstalling it, before trying again. you may have to fiddle around with settings and stuff in the flash player app's settings before getting it to work!

umm.. thx for the info.. i thought below than 4.2 cause mine is 4.4.2 :(

KitsuneSama
03-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Xosevan use a API link

T0morrow
03-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the great guide! But is it possible to enter the lottery via one of the methods described, or is it only possible by actually using a physical computer(Or any windows - based device)

S.Razelrink
03-23-2015, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the great guide! But is it possible to enter the lottery via one of the methods described, or is it only possible by actually using a physical computer(Or any windows - based device)

you can actually enter the lottery using any method *that does not utilise an API link*! so if you used the VPN gateway method to connect directly to DMM's website, or connected to DMM's website using teamviewer, then it would work!

Cyanide132
04-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Will you get banned for just running the api on a browser of an android tablet?

reaper380
04-23-2015, 05:51 AM
Mind asking how is the status of game running on android phone? i tried running with dolphin browser, it works but the lag is quite real and i belief there is no data stored as i find myself loading everything . Still cant get furapitan to work despite my phone is a GS4 with os 4.2.2. Everytime when it loads the screen. Before it completes the bar, the app auto closes without mentioning anything. I tried installing flash player 11.1, but i cant enter the settings page for furapita. Anyone who solved this can provide some headsup?

S.Razelrink
04-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Will you get banned for just running the api on a browser of an android tablet?

the issue with android-based devices playing kantai collection is that these devices don't store cached data at all, meaning everytime you load up your API link on an android device, you're actually downloading the 'whole game' (minus all the images, sounds etc until you actually use it), over and over again. this uses up the host server's bandwidth and transfer speed, which can be costly to DMM, hence the strong warnings against using android devices on the game.

that being said, if you just load up your API link once, and not do it over and over again like several times a day, then you should most likely be fine! during 2014, I often loaded up my API link up to twice a day, and four days a week, and I haven't been banned or warned yet, so you should be fine if you don't start a session any more often than that!

Mind asking how is the status of game running on android phone? i tried running with dolphin browser, it works but the lag is quite real and i belief there is no data stored as i find myself loading everything . Still cant get furapitan to work despite my phone is a GS4 with os 4.2.2. Everytime when it loads the screen. Before it completes the bar, the app auto closes without mentioning anything. I tried installing flash player 11.1, but i cant enter the settings page for furapita. Anyone who solved this can provide some headsup?

try force stopping or disabling background processes to improve the speed of the game? my game runs relatively well, and its specifications are slightly lower than the samsung galaxy 4's. as for your crashing problem, I've not heard of it before to unfortunately I can't help you on that..! :'(

Chino_chan
04-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Error code :-1 for flash pittan when i open api link
help pls

S.Razelrink
04-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Error code :-1 for flash pittan when i open api link
help pls

if your android OS version is 4.3 or higher, the application will almost always not work for you! that being said, I remember someone's 4.3 system did get it to work, but that was only one person in many many others who had received the same error message as you!

Hawky
05-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Is this a better version of flash pittan for kancolle??
[ç„¡æ–™] 艦これだ´ã£ãŸã‚“ | Android(アンドà £Æ’Â*イド)æƒ⠦åÂ*Â±Ã£ÂÂ®Ã§Â·ÂÃ¥ÂË Ã£Æ’ÂÃ£Æ’Â¼Ã£â€šÂ¿Ã£Æ’Â - AndroWire (http://androwire.jp/apps/com.ready_on.kancolle_pittan/%E8%89%A6%E3%81%93%E3%82%8C%E3%81%B4%E3%81%A3%E3%8 1%9F%E3%82%93/)

Admiral-kun
05-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Is there an android app that saves cache so that it won't be laggy?

I used Firefox but I hate how slow it goes because it doesn't store the cache.

Admiral-kun
05-11-2015, 03:55 PM
I want to use the flash pitan but my android version on my tablet is 4.4.2 :(

Is there a workaround to use it with 4.3 or higher OS's?

Gollgagh
05-19-2015, 08:44 PM
These days, I use the Dolphin browser to play KC on Android (5.0.2); the browser itself will take you to the appropriate flash download when you try to open up a flash game, making it fairly painless to get running.

S.Razelrink
05-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Is there an android app that saves cache so that it won't be laggy?

I used Firefox but I hate how slow it goes because it doesn't store the cache.

I haven't seen one yet, so I'm assuming that android doesn't allow apps in general to store much cache due to most phones' limited storage spaces.. there probably is a way if you have rooted your phone, but
I don't want to do that, nor do I know any methods of doing so at this moment :'(

and in response to your second question, there may be a workaround; one of the users on this thread somehow got their pittan to work on a 4.3 device but that might have required really specific circumstances!
you may be better off using dolphin browser or any other third-party browser that are compatible with flash applications :')

Is this a better version of flash pittan for kancolle??
[ç„¡æ–™] 艦これだ´ã£ãŸã‚“ | Android(アンドà £Æ’Â*イド)æƒ⠦åÂ*Â±Ã£ÂÂ®Ã§Â·ÂÃ¥ÂË Ã£Æ’ÂÃ£Æ’Â¼Ã£â€šÂ¿Ã£Æ’Â - AndroWire (http://androwire.jp/apps/com.ready_on.kancolle_pittan/%E8%89%A6%E3%81%93%E3%82%8C%E3%81%B4%E3%81%A3%E3%8 1%9F%E3%82%93/)

I think I tried to find the APK file for kancolle pittan a really long time ago (while I was compiling this guide) but in the end, I never found it because it seemed to have been deleted from every corner of the internet.. it does look like flash pittan -- except
tailored specifically for the game so it may be better? but I can't imagine it to be *that* much better, unless it could somehow magically store cache!

TheIzaya
05-25-2015, 06:37 AM
If I wanted to use Dolphin so I can run kancolle to periodically send fleets on expeditions (say like 2, 5, and 38), would I have much problems?

I'm going to be connecting to my home router.. which isn't the best but I was able to hold a connection on my laptop.

Also, do I need API for dolphin?

S.Razelrink
05-31-2015, 12:41 PM
If I wanted to use Dolphin so I can run kancolle to periodically send fleets on expeditions (say like 2, 5, and 38), would I have much problems?

I'm going to be connecting to my home router.. which isn't the best but I was able to hold a connection on my laptop.

Also, do I need API for dolphin?

I haven't tested dolphin myself, but if it's anything like firefox or penguin (which it logically -should- be), then you should be totally fine! the game shouldn't disconnect, even if you
have your browser minimised for many hours (as long as you don't remain disconnected from an internet connection for an extended period of time, like an hour+). if you're able to
hold a connection on your laptop, you should likewise have no troubles with your phone :')

API is probably recommended as setting up a VPN is too bothersome, in my opinion. I just did this by emailing myself my API link as a hyperlink, then clicking on it on the browser!

SicKisM
06-03-2015, 04:54 AM
http://www.himeuta.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3497&stc=1
Played using android just letting you guys know...
I got help from the lottery thanks to KinomiCandy

Used apps:
EasyOvpn
Openvpn Connect
Firefox (i use version32)
Adobe Flash

At first it's a little bit laggy but when everything is loaded, you are good to go

wheesian
07-25-2015, 12:57 AM
Works really well on my Oneplus One with almost no lag:

Ubuntu server 14.04 VPS configured on AWS
Connect Me (Android App) set up on my phone for SOCKS v5 ssh tunnel
Firefox with smart cache disabled and cache size set to 1500000 Bytes

The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that given how vulnerable even the latest version of Flash is, the Android Flash (a 4 year old build) is like just asking to have your credentials stolen.

S.Razelrink
07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
glad to know you guys got it working! :')

though, wheesian I'm curious as to how people are able to exploit this vulnerability? I don't know much about these things, so I was wondering if it was any better to solely use flash for API links and such?

wheesian
07-27-2015, 09:17 PM
glad to know you guys got it working! :')

though, @wheesian (http://www.himeuta.net/members/7680-wheesian/) I'm curious as to how people are able to exploit this vulnerability? I don't know much about these things, so I was wondering if it was any better to solely use flash for API links and such?

The problem with Flash is that it's a client-side based program. Any time your device executes code from an external sources there's a chance that a malicious attacker can find a loophole and bypass Flash's security restrictions, every year there are dozens of major vulnerabilities that are found to exist in Flash and patched by Adobe. Obviously this doesn't apply to a version Flash from 2011, so anyone with the intent could just read up on these publicly (http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list.php?vendor_id=53&product_id=6761&version_id=&page=8&hasexp=0&opdos=0&opec=0&opov=0&opcsrf=0&opgpriv=0&opsqli=0&opxss=0&opdirt=0&opmemc=0&ophttprs=0&opbyp=0&opfileinc=0&opginf=0&cvssscoremin=0&cvssscoremax=0&year=0&month=0&cweid=0&order=1&trc=511&sha=ac2a72f983d2b7488412b74b424af6da7078c21a) available vulnerabilities list and embed malware on their websites. Anyone visiting the website are unwittingly executing the code on their devices.

Firefox and Dolphin are at least decent in this regards with the "prompt to execute" function for Flash. So the user can avoid running flash on untrusted sites. But I think some of the other Flash enabled browsers on the marketplace have the plugin running at all times, and that's a pretty serious security issue on these devices.

S.Razelrink
07-28-2015, 12:59 PM
wheesian ah, thanks for explaining this to me! it sounds like a problem if you're using firefox or any other third-party browser with the flash plugin built-in to run at all times. but for people who specifically use these browsers to load their API links/people run the game via furapita, they would be avoiding any malicious code since their API link is the only thing they access -- would that assumption be right?

wheesian
07-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Yeah, if the only flash-based application you are accessing is Kancolle, that's fine, just remember to turn off Flash when you are browsing other sites.

rawrico
08-10-2015, 03:06 AM
i would like to suggest for person who wanna try...
But first, i need to tell you all, i did tried for about 1 minute only... further than that i have no guarantee it will work or not...

REQUIRMENT:
-Android (i've tested Jelly Bean)
-Stock Browser (AOSP Browser)
-Flash Player
-API LINK of Kancolle
-PAD type Android device, Phone type may works in theory but not confirm... (phone not tested, cause i can't install AOSP on my ASUS PadFone Mini (intel based))

Why AOSP Browser, because if is Chrome or Firefox, SWF extension may become download file rather than browsing flash in browser.
Due to this, i must say it is really depending on your:-
-Android device's processor and ram
-Internet connection speed, if is API LINK it is direct, so no VPN needed....

As for android device, ROOTED or NOT it doesn't really matter...
but you can tried at your own risked,

DISCLAMER: I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBLE WHO DOESN'T TAKE THIS RISK SERIOUSLY, SINCE A LOT OF NETIZEN LIKE TO PLAY BLAMING GAME....
POST EDITED: I forgot the pad is running on which version of Android, but is Jelly bean not kitkat, my bad for this

Enferlain
08-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Any info on bans? Anyone got banned so far for playing on android?

lon243
08-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the guide, TeamViewer seems like an awesome program. Perfect for managing expeds while at work!

Tried it today at work - Ran a new batch of expeds (very useful with this ongoing event) and did some PVP. It was choppy, sure, but perfect for doing menial tasks like that.

S.Razelrink
08-17-2015, 02:28 PM
lon243 I'm glad to know that it worked for you! if teamviewer is a bit troublesome to run, you can try loading the game on firefox and just leaving it loaded forever (of course, you can minimise firefox and do whatever in the meantime!)

lately, I realised that my firefox client is -actually saving all cached data- and checked its app storage information to find that it had been holding about 240mb on my internal storage. and given the fact that even loading a new API link on a firefox window results in loading of the game instantly, I'm definite that this is evidence of stored cache data. I should really edit the front page, but as I don't know if this was one of my old firefox settings 'suddenly' working, I don't know how I got this to happen. perhaps it always was occurring, but until I further test it out, I can't be too sure!

Enferlain I have still occasionally been loading the game for two years and I'm still okay! I still don't personally know anyone who has gotten banned yet, but as always, do it at your own risk!

Unregistered
08-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Hallo, thanks for the tutorial its such a hteay help for me,
I played kancolle via firefox + flashvpn+ ff in android 4.4.4, it's good and fast only lag when first time (because of cache i think), i just finished e-1 and want to start e2 with combined fleet, so how you combining your second fleet to the first fleet in android, i cant drag and drop the second fleet to first in order to combining it in android

S.Razelrink
08-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Hallo, thanks for the tutorial its such a hteay help for me,
I played kancolle via firefox + flashvpn+ ff in android 4.4.4, it's good and fast only lag when first time (because of cache i think), i just finished e-1 and want to start e2 with combined fleet, so how you combining your second fleet to the first fleet in android, i cant drag and drop the second fleet to first in order to combining it in android

I remember having gotten the combined fleet '2 dragging into fleet 1' thing to work last event! have you tried zooming into the game to ensure that your taps are on point? (they're really fiddly and hard to get..)

Unregistered
08-21-2015, 02:08 AM
I remember having gotten the combined fleet '2 dragging into fleet 1' thing to work last event! have you tried zooming into the game to ensure that your taps are on point? (they're really fiddly and hard to get..)

Yes i already try that, zomming with 2 finger until only fleet no 2 & 1 on my screen, but when i double tap, it make zoomed out the screen. I use firefox 40.0

Unregistered
08-21-2015, 04:01 AM
It looks like disabling all browser.cache.disk.smart_size in about:config and setting browser.cache.disk.capacity to 500000 (it's measured in KB) lets firefox store large amounts of cache (not sure about the other browser.cache.disk options though so i just set all of them to high values.)

Android Firefox flash also has issues with input (dragging and hovering). I only use flash pittan just to combine my fleets now :P. Though i may have found a workaround on hovering(for akashi's arsenal, I don't have an akashi yet so can someone who has one test it out?)

1.tap the homeport button on the home port to hide the UI
2. while the UI is hidden, tap the place where the hammer icon was

S.Razelrink
08-21-2015, 08:29 AM
Yes i already try that, zomming with 2 finger until only fleet no 2 & 1 on my screen, but when i double tap, it make zoomed out the screen. I use firefox 40.0

okay... maybe I was using furapita last time then..! in which case, that's quite unfortunate for firefox users q____q

It looks like disabling all browser.cache.disk.smart_size in about:config and setting browser.cache.disk.capacity to 500000 (it's measured in KB) lets firefox store large amounts of cache (not sure about the other browser.cache.disk options though so i just set all of them to high values.)

Android Firefox flash also has issues with input (dragging and hovering). I only use flash pittan just to combine my fleets now :P. Though i may have found a workaround on hovering(for akashi's arsenal, I don't have an akashi yet so can someone who has one test it out?)

with furapita, I'm able to simply hold down on the development button, and have the arsenal button slide out of it -- just as you would have it over the PC! I haven't tried your workaround yet though, but will sometime!

and regarding your firefox option modifications, I've done that in the past only to have it not actually save any cache anyway. it's weird for it to only recently start working because I set these options like two years ago, and haven't touched them since!

Unregistered
08-21-2015, 09:44 AM
with furapita, I'm able to simply hold down on the development button, and have the arsenal button slide out of it -- just as you would have it over the PC! I haven't tried your workaround yet though, but will sometime!

and regarding your firefox option modifications, I've done that in the past only to have it not actually save any cache anyway. it's weird for it to only recently start working because I set these options like two years ago, and haven't touched them since!

Did some research. The cache improvement might be when the v.32 update ,which implemented the http cache, was released on sept. 2014.

Minimizing my use of furapita since it only uses around 30mb cache, but it's enough to combine fleets without much loading so i can live with it. Would like to play kancolle exclusively on firefox though but dragging in flash is pretty much impossible.

S.Razelrink
08-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Did some research. The cache improvement might be when the v.32 update ,which implemented the http cache, was released on sept. 2014.

Minimizing my use of furapita since it only uses around 30mb cache, but it's enough to combine fleets without much loading so i can live with it. Would like to play kancolle exclusively on firefox though but dragging in flash is pretty much impossible.

ah, that explains everything... I really like furapita, but due to instability in 3G connections, I will occasionally catbomb in-game or it will catbomb itself sometime whilst being minimised in the background. firefox hasn't done that yet, and I'm thinking that this is due to the fact that it doesn't need to continuously download game assets, letting it be more stable in general compared to furapita!

Unregistered
08-21-2015, 01:01 PM

Tried it and work, just tap in development icon and the hammer icon will pop up. Awesome

uvebeenhazed
08-24-2015, 08:48 AM
Hi guys,

Somehow got myself a Lumia 640 XL... is this windows phone able to play kancolle like in pc (by adding few lines in console) or I have to use VPN?

Sorry for being a complete noob in technology....

S.Razelrink
08-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Hi guys,

Somehow got myself a Lumia 640 XL... is this windows phone able to play kancolle like in pc (by adding few lines in console) or I have to use VPN?

Sorry for being a complete noob in technology....

you can try simply opening your API link in a browser that has a flash addon installed! you can try installing firefox on your phone, then installing flash for it (you may have to google this one because I don't know if you can use the same installation file provided on the front page), then just clicking on your API link saved somewhere. in my case, I hyperlinked it to myself via an email, so I could just access my hotmail and click on it, on my phone

uvebeenhazed
08-30-2015, 11:58 AM
S.Razelrink
Nah~ I can't do that~ my windows phone have very limited apps and browsers are not flash supported.
I will just switch back to note3 and use remote desktop :P
Thanks for the reply <3

Beetny
09-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Definitely recommend Dolphin browser on android. After the first load it uses about 2-3MB to load the game, and sending expeditions during the day runs about 20MB in total. I found that using teamviewer and other VNC apps just isn't viable if you have a data cap on your phone, as even the lowest quality VNC still runs about 60-100MB+ a day, not to mention the cost of leaving your PC on all day.
Also note that you don't necessarily need to use a VPN to login as you can execute javascript via the address bar or a bookmark and set cookies that way e.g. javascript:document.cookie="..."

Nebulus
10-10-2015, 07:36 PM
With the change to API links, is teamviewer the only reliable method to play on portable devices?

Laforet
10-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Nebulus

Someone needs to write a add-on that does cookie injection in Android Firefox, I play with VPN on anyway so it does not affect me.

firemagnet
10-22-2015, 05:34 AM
so loaded up open vpn, got the game on my android device via firefox and................ "please connect to this service using a pc"

T_T

Laforet
10-23-2015, 08:54 AM
firemagnet

You need this add-on called Phony to change your user agent to desktop. The built in "request desktop site" is not very reliable

Thatman
10-29-2015, 10:48 PM
@Nebulus (http://www.himeuta.net/members/873-nebulus/)

Someone needs to write a add-on that does cookie injection in Android Firefox, I play with VPN on anyway so it does not affect me.

Holy mother of Shimakaze!

Thank you, you beautiful person for that link!

Seriously, how do I thank you?

Laforet
11-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the shout-out! Just a quick note on cache management on Mobile Firefox:

By default Firefox on Android will allocate up to 200MB for cache purposes and actively scale it down when available storage is below 2.5GB. It is nearly always better to set it manually to avoid frequent asset reloading - OOI will happily serve the same files over and over again but it will lead to excessive consumption of your battery power and data.

1. Launch Firefox on your device and type about:config in the address bar, this will take you to the hidden settings page

2. Search and find browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled , change it to false as we don't have Firefox to change cache size on its own whim.

3. Search and find browser.cache.disk.capacity. This defines the maximum cache size in kilobytes. In most cases 1GB (1000000 kilobytes) is more than enough.

NanaIroNeko
11-12-2015, 11:13 AM
the amp; is automatically missing from the api link when i click it

Shioni
11-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Laforet I finally got Kancolle working on my android device after some research, I used Ooi this time and I'm very satisfied with the results! Thanks for that~

I followed your instructions regarding the cache settings for Firefox, will it really work? Though the loading part of the game is very fast after my first try so I think that's proof that it did? Just keeping it on the safe side though, if I were to leave firefox open in background, do I also have to keep my mobile data open the whole time? Quite worried how much data it would consume if it was left open the whole time, as I intend to use it mostly just for sending expeditions while at work.

Thanks for the hard work!

Laforet
11-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Shioni

From what I have gathered Firefox suspends flash while it runs in the background. You can easily verify this by backgrounding Firefox during a long animation sequence. Come back to it later and it will resume from the exact moment where you left it off. Kancolle itself does not use data when you don't perform actions - it is a glorified browser game after all.

Shioni
11-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Laforet Oh, thanks for the info! But does that mean I do have to keep mobile data on after all? Also just a silly question, not sure where I got this idea, but does Ooi save the cache somehow and we're loading data from its servers rather than directly to kancolle's servers, so we don't stress their servers? Just want to know how cautious I should be when playing the game through phone :X

Laforet
11-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Shioni

Correct, ooi pulls all the static assets (mainly swf and mp3 files) from the CDN edge server so the game server never see your requests.

You don't need to have your data connection always on since data since data transfer only happens when you take action in game.

Shioni
11-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Laforet Thank you very much for the information! Now I can rest easy knowing these facts, and thanks a lot for bringing us Ooi as well! Cheers to you :D

AniBoi
12-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Laforet Been using your web based proxy since the ever changing API update and it was great, props to you :) But 2 days ago, when I updated my phone software to android v5.0, the game will just load forever past the first screen in which you start the game. Any idea what the problem might be?

Laforet
12-11-2015, 11:12 PM
AniBoi Which browser are you using? Have you tried to clear the browser cache and reload the game?

AniBoi
12-12-2015, 05:34 AM
Laforet I've been using Firefox the whole time. I've tried clearing cache and it still doesnt work. I also noticed that there is no sound coming from the first screen and after that. However, I tried using Dolphin browser and it works fine

Laforet
12-13-2015, 03:46 AM
AniBoi

Can you load other types of flash content at all? Have a look in the Firefox settings menu and make sure you have the plugins enabled.

Dolphin uses the same Flash Player plugin so it should work in all browsers that supports it.

AniBoi
12-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Laforet Firefox is still able to load other types of flash content. It is able to load KC until the part where you have the wait at the black screen with a boat in the middle and loads forever.

c933103
01-10-2016, 01:18 AM
With an intel-made lollipop android is it possible to play kancolle on it? Flash player itself and thus most method does not work on lollipop, Flashfox work but intel aren't supported. And the power module of the windows device I have is a bit buggy that can't support operation of teamviewer amd kancolle at the same time without shuting itself down within ten minutes so the teamviewer method is a no go either.

thachan13
01-26-2016, 04:49 AM
I'm using dolphin + Hola, it's works, but, I feel a bit worried if it's okay to continue using this way, avoiding ban

S.Razelrink
01-26-2016, 05:06 AM
I'm using dolphin + Hola, it's works, but, I feel a bit worried if it's okay to continue using this way, avoiding ban

I've only personally used penguin browser for a few weeks and I was fine, but this was back in 2013 december and it was only for a brief period of time, so I can't say for sure

I think bans are possible with any sort of browser on the phone, (except maybe if you used a proxy like OOI2 which I highly recommend) but bans are somewhat rare nowadays. exercise caution regardless though!