PDA

View Full Version : Kancolle Cosplayer Mistakenly Arrested

Saya
08-07-2014, 11:14 PM
It's a bit of an old news (May 2014), but still wanted to share:

The body of text and news used and associated with Animemaru link here:
Kancolle Cosplayer Arrested After Being Mistaken For Runaway Naval Officer | Anime Maru (http://www.animemaru.com/kancolle-cosplayer-arrested-after-being-mistaken-for-runaway-naval-officer/)

TOKYO, Japan – A fan of the popular browser game Kantai Collection (Kancolle) was arrested yesterday after being mistaken by military police for a naval officer who took an unauthorized leave of absence.
Yoshimori Takeshi, 25, was on his way to a Kancolle fan event, and was wearing an admiral’s uniform. Kancolle players assume the role of fleet admiral, and therefore male cosplayers traditionally don the uniform and take pictures with the ship girls at events and conventions.
At the same time, military police were searching for Kimura Tsugahara, 45, an admiral with Japan’s Maritime Self-Defense Force, who had violated orders and abandoned his post earlier that day. When the MPs spotted Mr. Yoshimori, they assumed he was the runaway Admiral Kimura and arrested him: “What were we supposed to do, question everyone wearing an admiral’s uniform?” asked Military Police Staff Sargent Morimoto, who conducted the arrest. “We saw the admiral uniform and figured it had to be the guy. We want to apologize and promise that the military police does not target Kancolle fans whatsoever. It was an honest mistake.”
Despite the apology, however, Anime Maru has learned that Mr. Yoshimori has hired an ace attorney.

Ryuuhou Kagiyama
08-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Tsugahara planned that shit.

panda
08-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Heh, this is hilarious. Of course, these events are a testament to his cosplay skills.

HydraGoliath
08-07-2014, 11:18 PM
It's really funny that they could mistaken a 25 year old cosplayer with a 45 year old admiral.

Ruga-chan
08-07-2014, 11:20 PM
The comments are the best part.

"Despite the apology, however, Anime Maru has learned that Mr. Yoshimori has hired an ace attorney.” Oh crud. Looks like he hired Phoenix Wright!"

"meh.he probably cheated his way through the lottery anyway."

DDX chan
08-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Lolz?! I am curious is the TTK uniform of japan same as the cosplayed ones??
and the age difference,....

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
08-07-2014, 11:48 PM
>Despite the apology, however, Anime Maru has learned that Mr. Yoshimori has hired an ace attorney.

Phoenix Wright immediately popped in my mind/

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
08-07-2014, 11:49 PM
my response was whoa there why would they do that to an *anime lover*?

Woutan
08-07-2014, 11:51 PM
I thought all of Anime Maru's articles were satire?

artificial
08-07-2014, 11:53 PM
I thought all of Anime Maru's articles were satire?

Yeah, the last sentence gave it away for me imo.

iDuane
08-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Omg I'm fucking dying. That ace attorney line...

HaganeNoKaze
08-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Well it could happen... It was fun to read, but in same time, i can say this will probably happen again ! :p

Leyana
08-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Woutan They are but Saya likes to play with people's feelings.

The maintenance complete notice yesterday for example.

panda
08-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Woutan They are but Saya likes to play with people's feelings.

The maintenance complete notice yesterday for example.

So, in other words, Saya is being troll? I see.

PrimalBidoof
08-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Lol, when the cosplay is so good you get mistaken for an actual admiral

Laisy
08-12-2014, 10:08 AM
That reminds me of a news in China if I remember correctly, a group of cosplayer are arrested because the police suspect them to be terrorist. Guess what they are cosplying? The FFF from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.

JoeyTheAsian
08-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Uh sorry to burst the bubble here but anime Maru is a satiric news site that posts fake humour articles. Look at some of their other articles lol.
I apologize for sounding snotty if this was already known.

Laisy
08-12-2014, 10:16 AM
JoeyTheAsian Most of us here already know that, but its still fun to see people actually fell for it :kongou_grin:

JoeyTheAsian
08-12-2014, 10:25 AM
@JoeyTheAsian (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/joeytheasian/) Most of us here already know that, but its still fun to see people actually fell for it :kongou_grin:
Indeed :kongou_grin:

M.A.Mitscher
08-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Lolz?! I am curious is the TTK uniform of japan same as the cosplayed ones??
and the age difference,....

Naval uniforms around the world you'll find are surprisingly quite common in how they look. Naval officer uniforms with the high collar such as what IJN officers had were and still are quite common. The same with the usual colors of white, black, or dark blue.

If there's one thing Navies everywhere are, is that they're quite traditional.

DDX chan
08-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Naval uniforms around the world you'll find are surprisingly quite common in how they look. Naval officer uniforms with the high collar such as what IJN officers had were and still are quite common. The same with the usual colors of white, black, or dark blue.

If there's one thing Navies everywhere are, is that they're quite traditional.
Ah that explains why....

SBlitz99
08-18-2014, 04:25 AM
I wonder if a camouflage uniform would ship with the girls :p