PDA

View Full Version : Submarine evasion after patch

viperper
08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
While farming on 2-3, I find that my 168 and 58 (level 30ish maxed out) are getting hit much more often today compared to let's say, yesterday before patch. They could be hit but only scratch damage of 1, rarely getting into orange/red at all. Today, they get hit a lot, and often 1 hit is what it takes to get orange or red health, making farming pretty much impossible with 2 parties of 168/58 due to the lengthy repair times without bucket.

I just need some confirmations from others with more experience, how often do your subs get hit usually? Is it normal?

Edit: Even sparkling them doesn't help much, 58 got hit and lost 12hp in one shot, then 168 lost 6hp right after.

panda
08-09-2014, 02:10 AM
viperper

There's currently no news in the updates that I've seen at least about a change. That being said, today I had my subs take more damage while 1-1 sparkling. I'd more likely chalk this up as a coincidence however. Threads like these tend to be filled with confirmation bias, so it's worth taking others experiences with a grain of salt.

viperper
08-09-2014, 03:54 AM
That's why I'm asking others, since me alone is a very small sample size, today could be a very unlucky day for me.

illyrin
08-09-2014, 10:52 AM
It's just a very unlucky day for you, I'm thinking. Submarines are very "feast or famine" things. Sometimes those double line fleets don't do a thing to you. Other times, they blast you into the next century.

I was startled today when my subs went to the boss node in 2-3 and it was a diamond formation with a quite a few ASW-capable ships.

Not only did it I manage to win it after all my subs decided to fire at a non-ASW enemy ... they didn't hit me once.

Amber
08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
we can just blame RNG for subs being wrecked :D

but usually, they are safe enough, especially at map like 2-3