PDA

View Full Version : Sunken ships

Enceladus
08-10-2014, 05:31 AM
I miss the newbie question thread :( It was so easy to ask a quick question and get a quick response, instead of starting a bunch of new threads, but hey, not my forums

Q: If I sink a ship during battle, will I lose the equip? Sitting at pre-boss node in E1 with a red Mogami...

Killerguntop
08-10-2014, 05:32 AM
You lose everything, equips and all.

Enceladus
08-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Fuck this event

Himmel
08-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Enceladus
I know that feeling. Already sunk a ship earlier today; not fun at all.

Enceladus
08-10-2014, 05:43 AM
I know others are having it worse than me. I've only made 6 or 7 attempts so far but I already feel like quitting altogether. This is stupid. Somehow I doubt bringing my best CVLs and CAs will help much.

Saya
08-10-2014, 05:44 AM
I already contemplated losing my Hiyou and Ryuujou (If you saw my stream, you know how my Ryuujou was) more than 10 times. Don't give up, keep trying.

Killerguntop
08-10-2014, 05:47 AM
My Hiyou is making me contemplate using a Repair Team...

Saya's Ryuujou = best sponge for all sorts of attacks.

Lycanous
08-10-2014, 05:47 AM
I already contemplated losing my Hiyou and Ryuujou (If you saw my stream, you know how my Ryuujou was) more than 10 times. Don't give up, keep trying.

Your Zuikaku says hi.

Himmel
08-10-2014, 05:49 AM
Killerguntop
Practically every CVL Saya brought out for AL wanted to get hit.

panda
08-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Enceladus

It's also worth noting that odds are, if you've lost a ship, you'll have a lot more trouble taking down the boss. Sinking any ship's pretty much unforgivable, but to even think of sinking Mogami, of all ships, is ridiculous!

Ryuuhou Kagiyama
08-10-2014, 06:14 AM
It's almost never worth the risk having a ship sunk! Don't do it without protection (damecon)!

Enceladus
08-10-2014, 08:31 AM
panda Please teach my Mogami how to dodge, otherwise I will seriously consider leaving her behind >_>

Hawky
08-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Does sparkling help Enceladus

panda
08-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Enceladus

Levels and sparkling. Also fleet position.

FireKiller87
08-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Flagships tend to be targeted less often from my experience. Those in the center two positions also seem to take the brunt of enemy attacks.

SapphireFlame
08-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Though I haven't sunk any ships yet I'm getting a similar experience to Saya's RJ, only for me it's Hiyou. Even though there are 6 ships in the fleet it's like everyone only targets her (I mean her damaged art is sexy and all but having 60-70% of shots aimed at her seems like a long shot even for RNG-sama). I've tried switching her to different positions but she's like a shelling magnet. And E1's troll sub torpedoes go straight for my flagship.

EpicNoobzorz
08-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I guess I'm lucky then. I've only been hit to red once so far for my E-1 runs. My hiyou and junyou love to take damage at the preboss node though.

FireKiller87
08-10-2014, 06:27 PM
I just watched three of my ships decide to eat shells in diamond formation, and I was sorely tempted to just sink the fuck out of all of them. Now I'm just watching my battleships scratch fucking light cruisers in PvP in DLine while the enemy beats the actual fuck out of them.

Enceladus
08-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Yeah, Mogami is definitely my magnet. I've had battles where all my ships dodged everything and Mogami got instant crit to 1. Considering putting damecon on her, and just using someone else >_>

oriscus
08-11-2014, 02:27 AM
SapphireFlame
I've been having the same problem. The enemy will pick a CVL and stick to them like glue. And it keeps up across sorties.

I've equipped a damecon on RJ due to her damage sponge abilities. Still not worth pressing on if it isn't preboss.

Hellcross
08-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Q: If you start a battle with a ship in red, and damecon activates during the day, can she sink at night?

HydraGoliath
08-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Q: If you start a battle with a ship in red, and damecon activates during the day, can she sink at night?

No, but it can sink on the next battle.

Hellcross
08-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Thank you.

AkiyamaMio
08-12-2014, 05:01 PM
First of all, PATIENCE. IMVHO that's the most important thing in this game.

Level-wise, it doesn't reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally need to be sky high. A lot of people chicken out sending out "low" level ships but remember, as long as they're fully modernized, a Lv 99 Aoba is the same as a Lv.25 Aoba in firepower, torpedo, anti-air and armor. I started E-1 and E-2 with a Lv. 35 Aoba in the frontline and she didn't do poorly at all, she snatched boss kills and quite a few MVPs. (She's now Lv. 40) You really don't have ships? Ask yourself if you're not underestimating your ships. As soon as they're Kai'd, modernized and sparkled, they're ready for sortie.

It's really frustrating if you've sparkled all your ships to max and some goddamn CVL gets crit'd to red in one hit. That just happens, retreat and try again. At least unlike the real war, you don't get ambushed while retreating.

What formation are you using? If damage is the problem, I suggest double line for normal nodes and echelon for the night-battle nodes. My CVLs got hit, but with full sparkle and the defensive formation, they can bear the damage. (In my case they were Shouhou and Zuihou.)

Are you sending support expeditions? Sparkle all six ships for the en-route support mission, they'll come nearly 100% on all non-boss nodes. I suggest sparkling all twelve support ships; the damage they deliver is noticeably different as well.

IMO, KanColle is 90% about preparation and 10% the actual sortie. (Sorties don't take a long time at all) Ask yourself if you really prepared everything possible for the sortie before blaming on Mogami. I reached both E-1 and E-2 boss nodes 2/3 of the times; it's bothersome, but it saves your time, resource and sanity in the end. (I wouldn't say full sparkling is necessary for every map, but for AL I certainly would.)

Regarding damecons : Don't use them if you meet any of the following conditions.
* You don't know exactly how it works. A lot of people activated damecon, proceeded to the next battle, and got the ship sunk. Damecon activates only once, and if it activates before the boss, you'll have to retreat.
* You're not sure if you will always remember who has damecon equipped and who doesn't. Seriously. If you're playing for hours, the fatigue on you can sink a ship.
* You're feeling frustrated and compelled to finish the goddamn map in hurry. You're probably not thinking rationally.

Damaged927
08-13-2014, 03:46 PM
If LOS wasn't so important I would have definitely put a damecon on Ryuuhou. She had a huge target on her face during E-1 and E-2 :kongou_dot: