PDA

View Full Version : Best uses for Akitsumaru?

Harpy
08-18-2014, 03:59 PM
So I got a cute Akitsumaru from E4 at last, Yay!... But outside of punching Oysters, whats the best ways to use her and her little boat? Is it worth using her on expeditions for the 5% more resources over lower consumption ships?

Also, Is there any tricks to leveling her well?

Tomppelisusi
08-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Her boats are pretty cool especially after you have more of them, they do stack with great success on expeditions. Her remodel gives you some nice ASW equips for CVL/BBV which you could use in 1-5 and PvP (easy MVP for CVL with those equips against sub fleets). You can also equip her boat on Chitose or Chiyoda for expeditions too.

Forgot to mention edit: I've leveled my Akitsus so far with only expeditions because I'm lazy.

kuavera
08-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Sadly the main use of this girl is only to get her equipment (both the boat and the ASW gear when she reaches kai). Worse aspect about the boat is that only AVs and Akitsumaru herself can use it so... afaik Akitsumaru's fuel consumption is higher than the AV sisters but her ammo consumption is lower.

To be honest I'm not sure if it's worth it to use her on expeditions with only one boat: 5% isn't that much and you may even end up losing resources, so yea, until you get like 3 boats her use is pretty limited.

Also other than PVPs I think the fastest way to level her up would be to abuse the double fleet system and the fact that the flagship on your first fleet will always get MVP if only your second fleet takes part in the battle. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it seems that the first node of E-5 (subs) works wonders if you need to grind ships like Akitsumaru, Akashi or Taigei so you might want to try that out.

Harpy
08-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Hmm...I think I'll stick with my low consumption ships for now then, as I'm running nothing but fuel expeditions anyway at the moment (hard to imagine I had 80k before the event! >_< )... But I think I'll try the boat out on Chiyoda once my Bauxite runs out at least... slightly more from Exp 6 or 11 can't hurt...

Thanks guys. :)

Neru
08-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Not too long ago I did some optimisation calculations.

The tables below show the additional resources gained (or lost if negative) by using Akitsu maru.

Using Akitsu maru instead of a Mutsuki class destroyer in expedition 6 (unsparkled):
http://static.dyp.im/RHch4rUtH0/f12721d46f858c42275ea8ff7c03b4d4.png

Adding Akitsu maru as an extra 6th ship in expedition 21:
http://static.dyp.im/JnAZOmZw8r/da76788b1f1a0ae55b5aec79d31648af.png

Using Akitsu maru instead of a Mutsuki class destroyer in expedition 38:
http://static.dyp.im/YCFMMNJMAv/81469d99404fc5fc63fb3c95f89633ce.png

The brackets lead on to say 'great success'.

There are several more but these are amongst the most notable. Using 1 utility boat generally results in losses. Using 2 or 3 utility boats generally results in gain.

Peth
08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Neru Awesome. Been too lazy to math for myself.

Been using my akitsumaru + 2 boats for exped 6 sparkled for the last month and a half or so leading up to the event.

M.A.Mitscher
08-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Neru I just recently got an Akitsu Maru and was wondering the same thing about utility. Thanks for the info.

S.Razelrink
08-19-2014, 10:22 AM
for me, when I first got my akitsumaru, I was careful to only send her on bauxite expeditions because those were the only times they were worth sending on, in terms of resources (as neru had illustrated). that is, if you didn't mind spending fuel and ammo in exchange for bauxite! otherwise you'd need at least two transport ship equipments to make her worth using in fleets!

AkiyamaMio
08-19-2014, 09:21 PM
A few more actual "sortie" uses of Akitsumaru after experimenting with her a bit.

* 4-3. She's a perfect companion to send to 4-3 to grind a DD/CL. Equipped with her two ASW planes, she does just enough damage to sink enemy submarines without overkilling and taking MVPs from the flagship. Akitsu accompanied as I was grinding Lv.1 Agano to 35 and although she does screw up sometimes (well, who doesn't, it's all RNG) Akitsu was quite reliable. The comp I used: 1 CL (flagship), 1 LHA, 1 CLT, 1 CA, 1 BB and 1 CV, the latter two in case I go directly south.

* 1-5. While it's more common to use a CVL, Akitsu is also fine and you'll reach the boss 100%. She may not be the best ship to send, but she can still get the job done.

* For the current event: Akitsu can load fighter planes but she doesn't count as a carrier herself. 4 CVs + Akitsumaru Kai can give you the maximum AA, which is something to consider if you're farming and want to take air supremacy on boss nodes to minimize bauxite consumption. However, she still counts as a "large" ship, and in E-3 where you need to have a fleet "lighter" than 2BB+4CVs to avoid one battle, changing a CV to LHA won't work. (The compass went random as usual.)

* Also for the current event: Other than the branching rule, Akitsu is believed to have a bonus when she attacks Midway Princess. She took quite a few MVPs, both while I was clearing the map and while I was farming in E-4.

* I can't think of any other map where you have an explicit limit on CV/Ls other than 5-3. Akitsu is theoretically the only ship capable of bringing fighter planes to the boss battle, and 2 slots of Reppuus will give you air superiority. The only problem is that she's slow, and you're very likely to hit the submarine node. But if there ever comes another future map with CV/L restriction, Akitsu may prove useful again.