PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Carrier and Armored

Inori
08-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Hello,
I wonder what different between Taihou and others aircraft carrier....

Captain Kiso
08-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Taihou can launch planes even when she is at orange hp.

kuavera
08-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Other than having high firepower and armor but low evasion, Taihou is currently the only CV able to launch planes at moderate damage (orange).

shiro
08-22-2014, 10:29 AM
She's a loli and flat. Still counts as difference. :)

Seriously, what the others have mentioned.

illyrin
08-22-2014, 10:56 AM
I feel I should share a little tidbit I was clarified upon recently. Aircraft carriers do not lose all utility at medium damage.

While Taihou's advantage is great, speaking in terms of game mechanics, the phrase "can launch planes at medium damage" in the English wiki is highly misleading.

All aircraft carriers can launch planes at orange damage but only during the opening airstrike / air combat phase. What other carriers can't do (and Taihou can) is launch airstrikes during the shelling phase once they're in orange damage. (For instance, during events you often end up loading CVs with nothing but green and yellow planes, so orange damage doesn't matter - in which case Kaga is superior to Taihou.)

Anomalyzer
08-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Well, it's based on history. Taihou is the new generation aircraft carrier by the Japanese, using much heavier armor to withstand more damage, although sadly she sunk with just 1 torpedo hit.
That's why her armor stats is higher than other CV, but luck is really low

Leyana
08-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Anomalyzer It was because she was built with an armoured flight deck as opposed to the regular lacquered wood of the other carriers.