PDA

View Full Version : Event Cooldown

iamablocker
08-28-2014, 07:35 PM
So with the Summer Event over, What are you doing, asides from recovering losses and related stuff?

For me, I'll probably take an on-off break until Sep.3 so I can focus on this Warframe Event that just dropped.

hudang
08-28-2014, 07:52 PM
going back to daily (kancolle) life..
grinding.. stockpile resource.. crafting more 46cm and Radar.. crafting Yamato and Musashi which i will never get maybe...
LOL

Lazinase
08-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Crafting Musashi for sure. Or leveling up the new Kanmusues.

Harpy
08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Already pissed away most of my spare event resources failing at LSC... Most likely gonna level newbies up mostly.

blazeLimit
08-28-2014, 08:00 PM
While I wasn't able to clear E-3 (I'll be forever bitter about that, the bar was fucking empty) I did manage to stockpile 100+ devmats, so I'll be stockpiling resources for my first 100 devmat LSC

Other than that gonna level up the ships I got from the event, also grinding Hibiki to 70

Blitzer
08-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Grind Haruna to 99. Stockpile resources for Taihou LSC attempts.

BlackApril
08-28-2014, 08:08 PM
expedition expedition expedition and prob clear 2-5 while at it then level up all the Kongou sisters to Kai ni and sendai a few CAs

Observer 39
08-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Leveling all the new recruits that found me during the event...and there are quite a bit of them.

Giving my first ring to Haguro Kai Ni when she hits 99. Almost there.

Also, trying to build Bismarck. Kinda tough when one has no resources, though...

Peth
08-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Probably save for a day then go work on clearing 2-5 for the month. After that it'll be back to doing what I love most in this game.

Hatsushimo
08-28-2014, 08:11 PM
I conquered through E-5 this event...that was very encouraging, given that it was my first. ^^ My goal in the down-time between this one and then next is grinding further so that I can beat the next set of event stages as well. I'd also like to retain the rank of 大将 each month, which I reached for the first time yesterday!

As to new ships...I kind of promised a friend I'd refrain from building for Bismarck/Yamato until he gets the latter (we'll see how long I honour that request ewé), so I suppose I'll be working on Taihou for the time being, along with finishing leveling the Kanmusu who didn't attain their Kai Ni over the course of the past twenty days. I'm very pleased with my haul, and though I may as well have filed for Teitoku-Bankruptcy by my last grind for drops (which yielded Amatsukaze -- praise be to the boiler), I'm just trying to rebuild and have a fleet of leveled and modernised threats with whom to tackle any event that pops up in the fall.

Oh, and starting World 5 should probably happen at some point, too. =w=; Gotta get my hands on that Egusa Suisei.

Merodyne
08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Leveling neglected ships and stockpling buckets since I wasn't ready at all for this...

KazeNoTama
08-28-2014, 08:48 PM
level more CAs, CVLs, at least 6 good ship girls each type. I focused too much on BBs, now need more diversity.
Craft more radars, 46cm guns, and planes, and of course those ship girls that i've had yet.
Strengthen my fleet.
Get everything ready for the next event because I will be at the hardest difficulty even if i'm not sure i'm still around till then. Be able to full clear the event.

kuavera
08-28-2014, 09:10 PM
I'll just go cry in a corner for not having Hayashimo after 100+ E-4 sorties.
Also gonna complete some quests and keep trying to get Bismarck/Musashi I guess.

Cinnabar
08-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm still burning through resources running the last light of this event.

Afterwards I'm planning on setting up some long expeditions and pushing through world 4.

Kalinsre
08-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I'll get Ryuujou Kai Ni, the MVP of my E6 clear. Then level her to 99 and marry her as promised.

iDuane
08-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Waifu LSC, leveling all these ships I need for quests, leveling CL/CAs

Ryuuhou Kagiyama
08-28-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm going to get medals on 1-5 and 2-5. Unryuu eating up my last blueprint.

Lumiere Eblouissante
08-28-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm planning to open more docking slots, regain resources and hunting for medals since new month is going to come next week
Probably in one more month, I will try to get Taihou or Musashi through LSC. Get them or not, I will stocking resources so if they release another event in December this year or next year Spring, at least I got enough to spend.

Argho
08-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Constructing (need remaining fast BB, Zuikaku, decent DD to raise, SS for expeditions), developing (planes, then some more planes and planes after that, I doubt I'll have resources for guns or radars) and raising kanmusu in PvP. Since I'll rarely sortie to save resources on repairs, buckets should stack by themselves. The worst part is that I'll have to level up some ugly CLT too.

This event made me realize how important is a good start, diverse fleet and equipment. So map clearing be damned until I prepare my girls for whatever next event can throw at them.

Seravee
08-28-2014, 10:25 PM
File a damage report, request resupplies and finally give the girls some well deserved R + R

FireKiller87
08-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Taking a goddamn break.
Floating the sub expeditions so I can get Z1.
Then leveling up a couple of DDs, a few CLs, a few CAs. Probably Mutsu too if I ever need a Nagato-class BB for something. Clearing medal maps. Leveling Zuikaku, Unryuu, and Hiryuu. Telling my CVLs to blow a fuel tank and die.

Blizzie
08-28-2014, 10:34 PM
1. Get Hibiki to max luck
2. Get desdiv6 to 150
3. Be lazy until next event

KitsuneSama
08-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Been cooling down for a week or so now, just restocking lost resources and grinding up some more ships to increase coverage

KinomiCandy
08-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Crying for not getting Amatsukaze in time and just finish the rest of World 5 I still have to do.

AkiyamaMio
08-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Since I started playing in the middle of the last Spring Event, this was my first full-scale event. I gave up on E-6 after poking around with different comps, and I have learned my lessons.

1. I do need those 46cm guns. I'll still focus on planes for a while, but those guns will be dearly needed for the next final operation. A few more AP shells wouldn't hurt either.
2. No matter how I don't want to use them, I need to level the Hypers a bit more. Come on, CLTs? That was one of the stupidest inventions of IJN and I actually need them now... darn it. Same with the Nagatos, though I don't hate them as much, I just use them less.
3. LSC? Shiranai ko desu ne. Well, I want Noshiro and Yahagi, so I'll be doing some defaults. More Maruyus won't hurt either.
4. Get a few chosen ships to +95 for the final operations.
5. More resources. As for the buckets, 300 was about enough, but fuel was a bigger problem. I'll try to start the next event with 45~50k ammo/fuel at least, compared to 30k this time.

I think a lot of players will be grinding more CAs after this event. If I were a dev, I'd throw a curve to require more CLs next time as they seem to be the most neglected ship type at the moment. General strengthening of the cruiser fleet in order.

And in the mean time... in the order of priority:

5-4 until Naganami.
2-5 until Taigei.
1-5 until Hachi.
3-4 until Hatsukaze. Damn serious.

I'm pretty sure I'll have "leveled" enough ships by the time I get Hatsukaze.

Hitomi
08-28-2014, 10:44 PM
I'll probably play Shirohime, RO, Elona, Gameboy games(Mostly Advance wars), play PSX games(Mostly RPGs like Vandal Hearts and Chocobo's dungeon), catch up on the anime I've been watching, read some new manga, lurk in this forum, post in this forum, try not to break this forum, try not to get Kalinsre have more work by posting non-sense (Love ya Kalin, belated grats on the promotion!) and mess around with the Writers Inc. And write more stories. And Improve my digital drawing skills to prepare for my Pixiv debut (lol)..... Unless ofc, new ships come that require urgent attention. Or new mechanics.

I'll probably focus in studies too, but those above this are prioritized.

SirOrnstein
08-28-2014, 10:49 PM
I've somehow ended up with more resources at the end of the event than I've had for two months previous to the event. Probably going to spend my newfound wealth to get Musashi so she can accompany my Yamato. Leveling up the event DDs with PVP sub battles with all of them up to kai except for Isokaze. Otherwise things are looking like a return to dailies quests and other rituals.

Zanaduz
08-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Event... over? NEVER.... *still madly rushing E-5 right now in a blind attempt to get Unryuu before event ends*

Taking a VERY short break while my ships get back into normal morale -- I'm essentially out of buckets (7 left!) and have about half the boss HP bar left... *dons Souryuu Kai Ni's hachimaki and gets serious*

Ellrin
08-28-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm just finishing up my Sendai kai 2. I really wish I had her equips before this event though. Raising some Ooyodo in the process too, since it's 4-3.

Meanwhile I can't even LSC anything cuz 4k baux (It was even lower cuz I spammed E3 to no avail but now it's a BIT better).

Hatsushimo
08-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Zanaduz
Don't give up! Just, uh, don't give into the urge to spend real monies, either. =w=;

Zanaduz
08-28-2014, 11:10 PM
@Zanaduz (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/zanaduz/)
Don't give up! Just, uh, don't give into the urge to spend real monies, either. =w=;

It's becoming extremely tempting... but I haven't yet.

AgentKiri
08-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Gotta recover all that lost fuel and steel... It really bankrupted me.

M.A.Mitscher
08-28-2014, 11:20 PM
I stopped the Summer Event with the completion of E3. My resources, buckets, everything were being drained at a ridiculous rate.

With the end of my run at E3, I went back to gathering resources and opening up the regular Sortie Worlds. Currently at 5-2.

I'm gathering resources so I can lose them at a ridiculous rate in the game called "LSC" as I try to get any of the Yamato-class ships (please... just one).

Leyana
08-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Besides recovering resources?

Probably going to try LSC for Taihou once a week. While levelling a whole bunch of ships to 99 to ring them.

Zanaduz
08-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Leyana

This event has unearthed my BURNING... LOOOVEEE! (Okay, maybe not, but Kongou loves that line, and she's still the heart of my 1st fleet here at E-5 while I'm desperately scrambling to finish...)

Leyana
08-29-2014, 12:41 AM
Zanaduz BAAANINGU HAAAAATTEEEE for CV Hime.

Damaged927
08-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Well, besides the usual 2-3 cruises I'll probably work on getting a few ships leveled that I really like. I want to marry Akitsumaru so I have my work cut out for me :kongou_grin: She's level 53 so it's not too bad... I also want to get RJ up to Kai Ni and I've been meaning to level Junyou (she's been just a 3-2-a champ for too long).

I'll probably be building for Bismark/Musashi/Yamato/etc about 1-2 times a week and I really should clean up some of those sortie quests as well.

But, the real thing I am going to be going for is to clear 5-5 :kongou_happy: I've wanted to fight Re for a long time and I finally unlocked it during the event. I've only got to the boss once though so I think I might have to look into actually using those support fleets. I'd also like to get that medal so I can Kai Unryuu.

SapphireFlame
08-29-2014, 01:21 AM
Maybe back to my old slow non-event routine, but I'll definitely be leveling the new girls and updating my core DD fleet (aside from Shigure, Yuudachi, Yukikaze, and Shimakaze of course), increasing the levels of my top ships (my HQ level is way to high for my highest leveled ones), and hopefully have some luck in LSC for Taihou.

Oh and clearing 3-2 and 4-4 which have been lying there forever.

zcoli
08-29-2014, 01:24 AM
I go back to the typical routine which involves doing the weekly's while leveling ships. I realized after the event that I should get some more high level heavy cruisers so I'll level Myoukyou and Haguro to kai ni. I'll burn some resources doing LSC for one of Yamato, Musashi or Bismark. I'll stop once I get one of them or if my resources drop below the natural regen threshold. Then I'll start saving for the next event...

hashiriya
08-29-2014, 01:35 AM
probably the same as you guys(leveling ships to Kai Ni, resource grinding, getting new ships etc)...
but one thing for sure i'm gonna level up my Hiyou Kai to 99 and then marry her(top priority lol)...

Chihayasaur
08-29-2014, 02:01 AM
Finish off my Kai Ni list in earnest, try to finally get my resources to a stable level. I started with way less than most people i've seen, and running on austerity mode is what kept me from having time to finish E-5.

drmchsr0
08-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Besides recovery and stuff?

I start university in 2 days.

Also on the list:

*Z1.
*getting 100k resources
*Operation Kuroshio Aquarium, aka WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALLA DESE TAIGEIS

Honmaru
08-29-2014, 02:07 AM
Aaaaaaaaaargh i just couldn't do it, I just couldn't beat E-6. The last 45 minutes of the event were the best runs i ever had but i just couldn't do it. I needed 3 clean kills, but all I got were 2 clean kills and 1 partial (gauge down to 0, boss had 50hp left). then I spammed soooo much mamiya and my last 15 buckets, but I kept getting bullshit crits at node A over 5 runs.

If I just switched over to my Suzuya fleet setup even just 20 minutes earlier instead of banging my head against the wall with my 2-BB setup I could have done it, I really could have. I only made it to the boss three times and only had one clean kill in the 4 hours leading up to the switch to the no-BB setup. I brought this on myself

Woutan
08-29-2014, 02:09 AM
I've set myself to level the new girls, do a bit of 2-3 every day to get my subs to the level cap, and use PvP to get some of my heavier ships to 99. With that, I should be finally done leveling shipgirls, so I could just stop grinding sorties and hoard resources.

Next month I'll probably try to finally beat 5-5.

paranoidkitten
08-29-2014, 02:11 AM
so so many repairs >_< I needed just " one more run" for the past day or so for E5... never got it. Once I get ally my repairs spiffy again I'll try and level up some of the new ones I got and maybe clear a few levels

I think I may also just do 1-5 repeatedly just to murder subs and scrap any duplicates I get from it for awhile

Enceladus
08-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Gonna take it easy since I'll be back in school full-time. Continue clearing maps and composition quests, level up a few more CA/CL, try some Yamato LSC with my excess resources...the usual stuff

panda
08-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Well, it seems that I wasn't able to set up my ships for repair before the servers went down, but I guess that's okay. I'll be letting ships sit in the repair docks for a while after this event anyway, since I pretty much spent through every healthy BB, CV, and CA that I had, since I was running out of buckets. It'll be good to be more relaxed, but I'll definitely have to grind up as many buckets as possible in preparation for next event, considering my ~150k of each resource and ~800 bucket count wasn't enough to get Amatsukaze this event.

Nobody
08-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Grind, grind grind...
Gotta train my CA. My CA this event all started at lvl36 or lower like 36,30,17,12,1...
Train CLs inc newly constructed Yahagi
Get Taigei.
Save up resources and buckets.
Get Yuudachi Kai to Kai Ni so she would fkn stop being mad at me to sell me out to fkn Abyssals...

Ellrin
08-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Yeah.... gotta get that Taigei.

Katze
08-29-2014, 02:58 AM
I got way behind on anime during the event so I'm going to catch up. And also do school stuff. And work on leveling up Bismarck so I can marry her.

shiro
08-29-2014, 03:00 AM
Hmm.. what to do..

scrap all my ships and start over again from scratch NOPE.jpg
Try to clear 5-3 either by sub cheesing or via normal surface ships
After that, head to 5-4 to get Zuikaku
Try to acquire at least 1 more LSC exclusive ship
Probably trim down my quest page a little bit
Get my resources to acceptable levels

Nothing much.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
08-29-2014, 03:01 AM
1. Take a few day's break...

2. Expeditions to recover resources

3. LSC on month end

Ellrin
08-29-2014, 03:03 AM
I actually plan to LSC like hell too, though i can't even attempt more than 2 Yamato tries because of BAUXITE of all resources.

nicky_008
08-29-2014, 03:11 AM
- Firstly, go to sleep and do some jobs first. (duh)

- Then do the Hiryuu kai ni, Soryuu kai ni (and Unryuu kai)'s quests left for a month because of the event.

- But before that, try to finish 4-4 and unlock world 5 first.

- Oh, I forgot that today a CVL would have a kai ni remodeling, let me do it too.

- Finally, my buckets are in below 10-ish units. Sigh, do spamming it again...

Burningluv
08-29-2014, 03:13 AM
unlock expedition 37 and 38
replenish my resources
finally beat Rng and get another CV that is not Souryuu or Kaga
Unlock World 5

SandKing666
08-29-2014, 03:21 AM
>Kancolle
>Event has finished
>Dota 2
>TI4 has finished
>World of Warcraft
>Already beat Lich King
>Xbox 360
>RROD

tfw no game.
Nah.... probably i should train Kiso for 5-3

Appleofdeath
08-29-2014, 03:30 AM
First thank everyone who encouraged each other and helped each other this event...

Thank you!

Now that's done, Tokyo Express x2 + expedition 8 while, unlock 601 Air Group after I knock out 1-5 and 2-5... get Hiryuu to Kai Ni (I got mine from E-3 lol...)

LCS for Bismark, and hopefully getting Yamato/Musashi/Maruyu and then work on Taihou, saw everyone else with LSC ships getting a bit leeway made me super jelly this time around, I'll make sure it's me next time.

Also build AP shells, Type 32 Radar, Reppu, and getting night battle equipment from Ayanami and Sendai.

illyrin
08-29-2014, 03:39 AM
Sadly, I have to go to the Red Brick House to answer for my bungling of E-6, including requesting Ooi and Souryuu Kai Ni for MI when they were unnecessary instead of leaving them in the reserve fleet. In addition, I need to track down why Kiso was never upgraded to Kai Ni and where the budget for Shokaku and Zuikaku went as well as check on the progress of the um ... "special Kagerou destroyer budget" project that seems to have stalled.

Oh, also, given I'll probably in the doghouse after E-6, in my exile at some remote base somewhere, I'll probably send some submarines over to trade with the Germans. I'd honestly wish they'd give me Me-262s or something, but I'll probably end up with poor German destroyers and some Stukas. Ah well, maybe one of their battleships will come over.

Anomalyzer
08-29-2014, 03:40 AM
Back to stockpiling, preparing to clear 1-5 and 2-5 again for the medal, do pvp, dailies & weeklies quests.

I haven't cleared 5-3 yet, I thought it's hard, then this event, especially E-6, slapped my face for thinking 5-3 is hard.....lol

Bakamono
08-29-2014, 04:07 AM
Back to stockpiling ALOT. I was definitely not prepared resource-wise. Ship-wise I think I'll level one more CL and CA to be on the safe side for the next event. Equipment wise I'll try to get more 46cms and maybe some radars too. If I somehow easily did everything. Guess I'll try to get Yamato or Taihou.

Tomppelisusi
08-29-2014, 04:12 AM
#RoadTo150 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=RoadTo150) and failing at LSC mostly I guess.

Jammypls
08-29-2014, 04:19 AM
Time to lick my wounds from the event. I was not prepared for the event with 20k of each resource and around 60 buckets. 'Twas fun though.
Stockpiling as usual, get resources to a stable level to do one LSC every two weeks and for the next event. And maybe spam for sanshikis
Level up the newcomers: Harusame, Akigumo, Naganami and Nagato.

#RoadtoKaiNi (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=RoadtoKaiNi) for Kinugasa, Haguro and Myoukou
#Roadtolv99 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Roadtolv99) for Choukai

And maybe perform an experiment. I'm going to be a kuso teitoku and sink a lv1 akebono. Just to know the pain of losing a kanmusu and never sink another again.

GilaMantis
08-29-2014, 04:44 AM
- Level up Ayanami, Taigei, and Z3 to kai2 level and Ooyodo and Unryuu to kai.
- Level up my extra amatsukazes and mikumas i got from event drops so i can get their rare uncraftable equipment.
- LSC atleast once everyday to get Yamato/Musashi.

Kimochi
08-29-2014, 07:08 AM
-Start accumulating resources and buckets for next event
-Obtain Zuikaku
-Level Myoukou and Chikuma to Kai ni
-Obtain Taihou

Peth
08-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Jammypls Sink a mutsuki. That face.

Glasses
08-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Unlock more maps
Get must equipment
Save up at least 300 buckets
Llvl up more girls to kai and kai ni
And i guess after the event announcement i will start saving up resources.

Honze
08-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Going for a deep and long LSC run.
Taihou target, THEN Yamato sisters.

I'm actually debating If just to go full Yamato, considering I've plenty of CVs.

Elkamote
08-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Bauxite recovery/buildup for LSC as lack of Yamato class ships and Taihou may be critical for next event success.

Get Kai ni's for Junyou, Ayanami, Z3

Have Taigei do the 30hour things for more torps

Maybe try to get past 4-3 as I have never really tried to get past that even with my lvl of ships

Axelyte
08-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Aiming for Shigure Kai Ni (48 atm), Junyou Kai Ni (64 atm), Kongou Kai Ni (72 atm), Kinugasa Kai Ni (29 atm), Tone Kai Ni (70, need one more medal), and probably Verniy (41 atm)

Probably going to do a couple of LSCs aswell (and fail)

Dandere
08-29-2014, 01:06 PM
-Want to get Zuikaku.
-Hoarding resources and buckets to next event.
-Level up Myoukou,Chikuma,Tone,Mikuma,Suzuya,Kumano,Unryuu,
Isuzu,Shigure,Shimakaze,Taihou and Amatsukaze.
-Level up Verniy to 150.

Jammypls
08-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Peth Lemme check if i have a lv1 mutsuki. then i'll put her in place of akebono
Also, your avatar is hella cute. It's Abukuma, right?

Peth
08-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Jammypls Actually its a random .gif I found.

okazaki
08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
grinding 3-2-A. I can't cleared E6 'cause I don't have enough ships, so i'm preparing for autumn event from now

Lycanous
08-29-2014, 02:44 PM
gonna take a seat back from active sorties, and just do PVP/daily/ultrahoarding. Try and get waifu to 150 and IsoUnryu to 100.

and to finally not neglect my PS3/V

Madao
08-29-2014, 02:57 PM
gonna take a seat back from active sorties, and just do PVP/daily/ultrahoarding. Try and get waifu to 150 and IsoUnryu to 100.

and to finally not neglect my PS3/V

PS3/V ? Do you mean the PS3 and the PS Vita?

Yuki.N
08-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Going back to daily KanColle life and grinding Kiso 'til kai ni because of this vid. :kongou_grin: She's 48 now.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=953695737990743

MarePH
08-30-2014, 08:47 AM
well after the event im going to stockpile resources and level up my ships to their respective level so i can be ready for the next event :

also LSC attemps for Bismark and Yamato / Musashi too.. :D

Elkamote
09-02-2014, 03:55 PM
4-3 and 4-4 seems to be so easy when your doing it with a sorta high fleet, good equips and a lot more resources....always was scared to go through due to my experience with 2-4 (old 2-4 with no subs available and only brute force as the way)

Now I can do more of the CV kai ni quests (souryuu, Hiryuu etc)

KarthusX21A
09-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Leveling CL and DDs at 1-5...

iamablocker
09-02-2014, 04:39 PM
As of now i am done with the warframe event (actually finished it on the second day) and have been tossing ships on expeds left and right.

I keep forgetting that you can put any ship of the specified level as long as the other requirements are met.

So i place my L69 Shigure Kai Ni to lead Imuya Kai, Hachi, Goya, maruyu and taigei into expeditions 30/31/39.

artificial
09-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm just trying to recoup all my lost resources in here. Nothing but sub runs and leveling Unryuu up with PvPs.

Oh and if only I wasn't caught up in family bullshit I would've done heaps of Tokyo Expresses while playing either dotes or CSGO

PrimarchBentley
09-02-2014, 09:27 PM
-Building up resources again.
-Doing at least 1 CV build a day as I still need a replacement Kaga and still lack Zuikaku to clear those quests (other CV/CVL/AVs built can go towards modernization).
-Grinding CAs and CLs in 3-2-1 and 4-3. E-6 taught me that I should really get Kiso to Kai Ni for a third CLT, and that I should grind CAs that have Kai Ni forms for alternatives in running maps. After getting some more Kai Nis, there are plenty of new girls that also need some levelling...
-Once I finish up weeklies and 1-5/2-5 monthlies (probably tonight), time to move clearing 4-4 up in priority. My need for Kaga and Zuikaku underscores how I should open up the world 5 maps for better drop hunting.

servetheservant
09-02-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm just doing dailies and leveling up all the girls I got from the event -- so mostly 4-3 grinding for all those new DDs.

I'm also recouping my resources, with the exception of bauxite, which I've been pouring into radar development as my Type 21/22's were barely cutting it last event.

GENTLEMEN
09-03-2014, 09:22 AM
To do list:

- level my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sub fleet to 99 (I-168 Kai , I-8 Kai , I-19 Kai , I-58 Kai)

- level ALL of my CA/CAVs to 50 (at least)

- level Shoukaku Kai , Zuikaku Kai , Souryuu Kai , Hiryuu Kai to 80

- craft the following (better to have 2 working support fleets and not need it, than to need it and not have it)

46cm Triple Gun Mount (9 more)
Suisei Model 12A (7 more)
Type 32 Surface Radar (3 more)

- stockpile 6 digits on everything (Spring and Summer taught me that 5 digits is not enough to finish the last map) and 4 digit buckets

- buy more damcons (E-6 burned me out, and still did not let me finish)

HaganeNoKaze
09-03-2014, 09:36 AM
To do list until next event:

Recover Buckets
Level up Ayanami, Jintsuu, Unryuu, Kirishima
Have some tries with LSC
Clear world 5

Kuropo
09-03-2014, 09:40 AM
To do list:

- level my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sub fleet to 99 (I-168 Kai , I-8 Kai , I-19 Kai , I-58 Kai)

- level ALL of my CA/CAVs to 50 (at least)

- level Shoukaku Kai , Zuikaku Kai , Souryuu Kai , Hiryuu Kai to 80

- craft the following (better to have 2 working support fleets and not need it, than to need it and not have it)

46cm Triple Gun Mount (9 more)
Suisei Model 12A (7 more)
Type 32 Surface Radar (3 more)

- stockpile 6 digits on everything (Spring and Summer taught me that 5 digits is not enough to finish the last map) and 4 digit buckets

- buy more damcons (E-6 burned me out, and still did not let me finish)

Not sure how you did not manage to clear all of the event maps without having 100k+ resources..
At the start of the event, I had around 70k of each resources and 750 buckets. After clearing E6, I still had 30k+ resources and 420+ buckets..
(HQ level 108/109)

You probably sortied heavy fleets when that was not necessary at all.

People with over 100k+ resources either did it to show off, compete with others, or were planning on "scouting".
If you have much time to play KanColle during the weeks the event takes place, you should keep your expeditions running. In that case, it is not likely you will need that amount of resources.

GENTLEMEN
09-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Kuropo

Thing is... I'll just let the screenshots show you how unprepared I was for Spring and Summer

Spring 2014 (cleared up to E-4 and 1 "kill" worth of damage to E-5)

Only 5 digit here was ammo.

http://i.imgur.com/wmN9HF3.png

Summer 2014 (E-6 HP bar no longer visible. Just needed that last kill)

http://i.imgur.com/QzEKeja.png

Resource management was not much of a problem most of the time. Only 1 (or 2) resources were ever lacking at any given time:

Fuel or Ammo

And buckets (fk E-1 and E-2)

AND SANITY (fk E-6)

Kuropo
09-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Kuropo

Thing is... I'll just let the screenshots show you how unprepared I was for Spring and Summer

Spring 2014 (cleared up to E-4 and 1 "kill" worth of damage to E-5)

Only 5 digit here was ammo.

http://i.imgur.com/wmN9HF3.png

Summer 2014 (E-6 HP bar no longer visible. Just needed that last kill)

http://i.imgur.com/QzEKeja.png

Resource management was not much of a problem most of the time. Only 1 (or 2) resources were ever lacking at any given time:

Fuel or Ammo

And buckets (fk E-1 and E-2)

AND SANITY (fk E-6)

Resources in the 4 digits is definitely not enough for an event. I started Spring event with ~35k of each resource and it was more than enough for me to clear E4 (I did not bother with E5), as I ended up still having 5 digits of each resource.

As for Summer event:
Before and after E1 KanColle Summer Event 2014 - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/3AFRC#1)
Before and after E6 KanColle Summer Event 2014 - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/3AFRC#16)

As you can see, I did not "lose" much of my resources during the event.

Regarding sanity, going into the event without much expectation might help. I got quite frustrated during the Spring event as I "cared" too much.
Going into the Summer event with a relaxed attitude and without much pressure made it much easier to maintain my sanity. l0l

Also, sending high-level ships might help. During last event, I saw many high-level admirals sending level 30-40 ships and struggling to clear the maps. Sortieing higher level ships can "dampen" the disadvantageous effects of RNG. This does not mean that everyone who sends level 99 ships will have an easy time clearing of course.

GENTLEMEN
09-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Kuropo

I did tell myself that E-5 was my goal for summer. But, since I hit that goal rather easily (after the hell known as E-2), I thought, I have 10+ days left. Why not try E-6? You know what happened next

And I'd rather overhoard (if there is such a thing) and use less than half of it (or maybe more, if I want to farm maps) than to have "enough" (or barely enough), just to find out that it isn't.

I barred myself from sending high level ships to E-1 and E-2 because of ship-lock mechanics.

Forcyte
09-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Maybe it was because I started the event at HQ level 71 (ended the event at 80), but despite starting the Summer event with only about 20K of each resource and 240 buckets, what stopped me from taking on E6 was just a lack of ships at the appropriate level, rather than running out of anything. I did run expeditions constantly and put any serious ship building on hiatus, but I also spent a good chunk of resources farming for equipment I needed (Sanshiki, 3-star fighters, etc.), and grinding ships to Kai Ni. With a week left, I could have grounded out what I needed, but felt the time was better spent farming for drops. I guess the game at 100+ HQ level must be a really different experience given all the talk about resource stockpiling despite seeing these people with reserves that vastly dwarf mine.

Kuropo
09-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Maybe it was because I started the event at HQ level 71 (ended the event at 80), but despite starting the Summer event with only about 20K of each resource and 240 buckets, what stopped me from taking on E6 was just a lack of ships at the appropriate level, rather than running out of anything. I did run expeditions constantly and put any serious ship building on hiatus, but I also spent a good chunk of resources farming for equipment I needed (Sanshiki, 3-star fighters, etc.), and grinding ships to Kai Ni. With a week left, I could have grounded out what I needed, but felt the time was better spent farming for drops. I guess the game at 100+ HQ level must be a really different experience given all the talk about resource stockpiling despite seeing these people with reserves that vastly dwarf mine.

As I said before, it is actually not really necessary to hoard very high amounts of resources for the event. Having adequately leveled ships and not immediately sending out a heavy fleet will go a long way towards preserving your resources during the event. It is important to not only level your "heavy" ships, but also your "lighter" ships, as there will always be compass rules that require them. Of course, high-level admirals will encounter much stronger enemies, and thus are expected to have higher amounts of resources.
I sometimes see people having high-level BBs and CVs, but only very low level DDs, CLs, and even CAs. Without saying, these people will struggle much more in those maps, or if allowed, will have to sortie their heavy fleet, resulting in much higher resource consumption (see map 2-5).

shiro
09-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Having that much resources wasn't really a requirement but more of an assurance. Assurance that you won't run out of it in the middle of the event. And spending buckets like hell without worrying about depleting your supply was really helpful.

Anyway, post-event goals for now:

Have Esdeath (Bismarck) as waifu
More sexier Junyou Kai Ni
The hunt for Shoukaku's chiisai-mune imouto in 5-4
Complete that Reppuu 601 quest
Clear up some more sortie quests

Getting to event-grade resource stockpile isn't a priority yet. Though I'm starting to stockpile some buckets already since I don't use up that much anyway.

sip
09-04-2014, 04:32 AM
I have never stockpiled more than 40k of any resource and i have cleared spring and summer events at the highest tier with always more than a week ro spare. I am usually not one of the first to try out a map as when the patch finishes i still have a good few hours till ii finish work. Keeping your reserves at the regen limit then stockpiling the last week or so has never failed me so far. Higher level ships is much more important than a huge reserve imo.

Back on topic i will return to normal life which involes lots of 3-2 and 5-4. Plus som lsc to get musashi.

Acchan
09-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Grinding my CAs up, Haguro/Myoukou/Tone/Chikuma to their kai nis.

phazer
09-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Gonna grind my ships. I managed to survive the last event with not very high levelled light ships -- my DDs were mostly in their 40s and by the end of the event they were around 50-60+ but I definitely need to level my ships more. Finally got Shigure and Myoukou to Kai Ni few days ago, now working on my CLs (Sendai, Naka, Kiso).

Onibi
09-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Musashi, Yamato, Bismarck, and Taihou grind. Go Whale hunting. And get my Ooyome to 99+ along with the other comp ships.

Don't think it'll be a relaxing three months for me orz

Zanaduz
09-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Well with a winter event on the horizon, I might work towards stockpiling and leveling my girls for that -- having broken through the level 80 barrier just after MI/AL wrapped up, I know that I'll need to get a significant increase in my kanmusu levels if I'm not to struggle as much clearing as I did this time around.

My girls were not terribly prepared for the event, and I had to spend more resources than I would have wanted on last minute development of important equipment (radar and Sanshiki, in particular); which cost me the ability to finish E-5 for want of buckets and bauxite...

This being said, I still did get a decent amount of stuff from AL/MI (including Hiryuu, who I needed to complete the Nagumo Kido Butai and 2nd CarDiv...), so it wasn't a complete waste.

I'm not sure if I will have the time to really be able to participate in a winter event though -- my work schedule will tighten up a lot around the new year, so I may or may not be able to be on Kancolle much during that time...