PDA

View Full Version : Deploy destroyer division 30(2nd gen) killing me

Tetsamaru
08-30-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm trying to finish off the quest where you need Mutsuki, Uzuki, Yayoi and Mochizuki and beat 1-5. And it's thoroughly killing me!

Not getting to the boss node is one thing, just a roll of the dice.

But by the time I get to the boss node, I get WRECKED in the opening torpedo phase and then all i get are scratch damage thanks to my now heavily damaged girls. I've had perfect runs where I take 0 damage from the 3 nodes before. All 4 of my girls 1 shot subs. equiped with depth charges and stuff ofcourse.

I very ragely had a perfect run get disconnected from the server when i got the 4 node(non battle).

Either way, All my girls are in their Kai phase, equipped to the brim with depth charges and sonars. Can easily 1 shot the previous subs. Then the boss just just "Nope" and then blows my girls up before they even get a shot off.

These girls were mostly expedition travelers before I got this quest and by the time I got it, they were all level 30 anyway due to all the expedtions and 1-1 grinding. So they alreayd leveled "naturally". Am I supposed to pray? I really don't wanna grind these girls in anyway since they are just expedition runners....

Man this map seemed so much easier when I ran my normal CVL, BBV, and 2 CLs.

Currently on run...i dunno....20+?

nwrtz
08-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Tetsamaru

Are they modernized, you mentioned that they're remodeled but that could be the issue if you're only using them for expeditions. But if you're talking about B24 you only need to score a C rank at the boss, you don't have to actually win to clear it.

Saki
08-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Tetsamaru
thats RNG for you~ i finish that quest on 1 try only killing all SS except the boss and they are not fully modernized and underlevel too~

Tetsamaru
08-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Tetsamaru

Are they modernized, you mentioned that they're remodeled but that could be the issue if you're only using them for expeditions. But if you're talking about B24 you only need to score a C rank at the boss, you don't have to actually win to clear it.

They are indeeded modernized, about the only stat that isn't maxed is Anti-air, which shouldn't be an issue. And yes, I know that I only need a C rank. In fact I smiled when I read that because I was like "good, at least I don't have to break my back". The problem is the opening torpedo launch just thoroughly wrecks me. I've literally gotten over 20 D ranks but I've had to do like 40 runs since I don't always get to the boss node, I half the time get sent south instead.

If any of them had a Kai-ni phase, i'd gladly power level one of them to 60 but they don't. Since I can 1 shot subs anyway, I've even given 2 of them engines for the slight evasion increase and it doesn't seem to help at all. I know Shimakaze has 99 evasion, but I don't have her and I can't use her anyway. I'm stuck using these girls with average stats(even if they are modernized. Modernization food isn't a problem, in fact, I fed Yayoi like 8 Battleships before I even started this quest line because I practically had no one better to give the "Food" too. I'm at that point where I give "food" to my expedition girls because my real girls that i use for sorties are full on stats(besides Anti-air). Anti-air food seems to be scarce.

The other Sortie quest aren't as bad since I can bring like 1-2 battleships to "Carry" the destroyers I never use. But this quest is forcing me a very specific team to use.

nwrtz
08-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Tetsamaru

Then it's really just RNG giving you a tough streak, just try couple of times a day until it works out. Throwing buckets at it is not really worth it.

Tetsamaru
08-30-2014, 07:00 PM
Don't worry I haven't use any buckets. What's really getting to me, is the fact that I've literally spent 4 days trying to do this. My girls spend about an hour in docks for each run but that's not really a problem. What i've really been hating is how i know i could get at least a C rank if the boss node at least focused all their fire on 1 girl so the other 3 could do some killing. But they actually each seperately aim for a different girl and then all hit.

It makes me go "damn, if human players could actually choose targets, no one could complain whenever their battleships double crit-ed a 30hp destroyer for 300 damage".

OVB
08-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Could be placebo but try echelon instead of line abreast.

If you are really that desperate, you could try crafting turbines..