PDA

View Full Version : 3-2 Leveling tips

mimasho
08-31-2014, 08:17 AM
So right now, I'm trying to Kai Ni Sendai, Kiso, Shigure, Hibiki/Verniy and Yuudachi (the latter two in order to complete 3-2)
and so far in the game, I've kind of been leveling everyone at the same time instead of focusing solely on a single ship.

While I've heard that 3-2 is great for leveling up, my question is, should I stick all four of the ships that I'm trying to level up into the same fleet and try to level them at once,
or do it one by one?
So far, my fleet has consisted of Imuya (level 34, maxed in modernization), Kirishima (just got her yesterday, so also trying to level her up, she's currently at 19),
Hiyou, who I wanted to get Kai'd (now level 26, but I like keeping a CV/CVL in the team for opening attacks), and three out of five ships that I'm trying to level who rotate in and out
and sometimes I add in Kitakami Kai just to deal opening damage as well ~

My question is, is there a faster way ?
And right now, the ships that I'm trying to level up have been consistently dealing low damage/missing though their morale is fine,
are there any specific weapons I should equip them with (I've been using 12.7 mm gun and 61 torpedo) ?

Also, on a sidenote, I noticed that when I equipped Hiyou Kai with blue planes, air superiority went down drastically, and when I equipped her with seaplanes,
it went up quite a bit ~
A lot of people have been saying that blue planes are good for opening attacks, but I've noticed that they typically miss and seldom deal critical damage -
would love if someone could explain the process to me !

So bottom line, there are five ships that I'm currently trying to level up
1. Sendai Kai - level 24 (she always gets crit by the enemy, so I end up making her sit out a lot, I don't like using buckets unless it's for CVs or BBs)
2. Kiso Kai - level 33
3. Hibiki Kai - level 32
4. Yuudachi - level 18
5. Shigure - level 16
would love any tips on how I should level up and what weapons I should equip on them -
also, any fleet combination suggestions would be great as well (for example, use two BBs, each with radars, etc) ~

*Oh, and should I always Kai ships immediately ?
because that's what I've been doing ; A ;

ktkrk8
08-31-2014, 08:26 AM
If you don't have 4-3 unlocked and have enough CV/Ls you could do Kirishima, 4 CV/Ls, and one of the 5 you want to level and fill the CV/Ls with the 1 star red planes and a radar or two. Although you will have to use some buckets

artificial
08-31-2014, 08:30 AM
what's your HQ level? Do you have ASW equipment?

imo 1-5 is a better map to grind for leveling those ships up, just make sure to RTB after clearing the third node. Don't go to the boss node, it'll inflate your HQ level and you won't get anything special from there.

UnRaVeLinG
08-31-2014, 08:33 AM
artificial Wanted to say that too. Leveling 6 ships on the first three nodes of 1-5 is fast, cheap, and it's impossible to get to the boss. I always used 1 CL 5 DD with the CL as flag and best ASW equipment as it attacks first anyways.

Tomppelisusi
08-31-2014, 08:34 AM
3-2 is great for leveling BBs, CV(L)s and CA(V)s, but not really that good for DDs and CLs. If you have 4-3 you should do that instead. You can't bring 2 DDs so something like DD/2CL(T)/BB/2CV(L) should work. You may get to BB node before sub nodes with some bad luck and may have to use some buckets though.
You want to do the 2 sub nodes and retreat after that, with ASW equips getting MVP shouldn't be that hard (unless you get that one random transport and BB decides to double crit it).

If you want to keep doing 3-2 though, use atleast 2 CV(L)s, 1 sub and 1BB and 2 other ships you want to level. You won't be getting any MVPs to DDs and CLs here.
Don't forget to take ships you want to level to PVP every time it resets too.

And what artificial said, first 3 nodes in 1-5 give good XP for CLs and DDs, just don't do boss.

nwrtz
08-31-2014, 11:34 AM
mimasho

For more details on what everyone mentioned and other possibility of lvling someone you should read Leyana's guide (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/f6-kancolle-guides/754-guide-sortie-farming-powerlevelling.html#4-3).

mimasho
08-31-2014, 06:14 PM
ktkrk8 alright, thanks for your tip ! I'll try this method and see how it works for me ~
Also, no, I haven't bothered trying any of the world 4 maps, should I try to unlock some meanwhile ?
artificial I've been trying to develop ASW equipment ever since I reached HQ 20, I mostly use Imuya as my FS, sometimes one of my DDs, but I always get planes -___-
I've only crafted one depth charge so far, but no sonars ~
My HQ at the moment is 42 ~
and thank you, I've been switching between sortie-ing on 1-5, since I really need the Aoba drop, so I'll definitely try that more !
UnRaVeLinG oh really ? aah I always thought it wouldn't be beneficial to grind on 1-5 because of the low base exp gain ; A ;
I'll do that after I get Kirishima Kai'd then !
Tomppelisusi Got it, thank you !
And yeah, I noticed that Kirishima was MVP each time I did 3-2, so I just stuck her as my FS and she gained 1000+ exp each time,
the DDs never really did damage, and the CLs would only sometimes get crit ~
haha yep, been doing PvP every day as well !
Also, thanks for the tip, will try to unlock some maps in world 4 ~
nwrtz Aah thank you for the link !
I read it once upon a time, but didn't need it since I wasn't so far,
and I couldn't find it through the search (I was probably being too specific lol)

Thanks for all the answers guys,
and by the way, should I always upgrade ships as soon as I can ?
For example, Kirishima is at 23, should I Kai her immediately when she reaches 25 ?

artificial
08-31-2014, 06:17 PM
HQ42 huh? perfect. as long as you don't hit HQ80, 1-5 will be a really good place to level up CLs and DDs.

oh and you should have a decent chance at getting ASW equipment, at least the entry-level type 93 and type 94 ones. Try using a DD as the flagship, I've had good results with it.

Samrael
08-31-2014, 07:14 PM
mimasho go with Kirishima to 1-5 the second shelling phase he gives to your fleet will ensure your DD's/CL's get ride of every submarine!!

UnRaVeLinG
08-31-2014, 07:28 PM
For example, Kirishima is at 23, should I Kai her immediately when she reaches 25 ?Depends on how you want to do things. As non-Kai her ressource consumption is lower, so for leveling 1-5, where you only need her for the second shelling phase, that would be beneficial. That is, if you want to hardcore grind 1-5 without doing much else.
If you intend to use her in other things like PVP and map clearing, you definitely want to Kai her for the fourth equipment slot and modernization.

Personally, whether I remodel a ship or not depends on a lot of factors. Stats, resource consumption, art, equipment slots, rare equipment, etc. You can read up a lot on the wiki and just figure for yourself whether it's worth it or not. Personally I didn't Kai Ni the Kongou sisters until I needed them for the quest. I just liked them better as Kai and they were already fully modernized, so it's really up to the specific situation you are in. Generally it is almost never bad to remodel a ship if you don't mind the higher resource consumption. (Expecptions are for example Taigei and Chitose/Chiyoda which you need in their unremodeled form for expeditions.)

mimasho
08-31-2014, 08:15 PM
artificial Alright, got it ! * U *
And really ? aah I'll try using Fubuki then -is there a specific recipe that you've been using ?
the only time I was (kind of) successful was when I got a depth charge with Fubuki ; m ;
Samrael Right, almost forgot about that, will do, thanks ! * U * I'll take her along with the five ships I'm trying to level up ~!
UnRaVeLinG Alright, thanks so much for the tip ! I'll hold off Kai'ing her until I've grinded the other ships, and then I'll probably Kai her,
but yeah, not sure how I feel about the Kongou sisters' Kai Ni either ~
I'm not too worried about resources since I've been spamming expedition 3,5,6 during the day
but it'll be nice to have some extra lying around in case I want to construct a ship * U *

Saya
08-31-2014, 08:17 PM
Frankly, experience given in 1-5 is pure crap. If you're leveling CL or DD, level in 4-3. Map 1 and 2 are easy to clear.

Kalinsre
08-31-2014, 08:19 PM
For example, Kirishima is at 23, should I Kai her immediately when she reaches 25 ?

Please try to keep the threads in Help & Support single question only. Follow up questions to the same question in the thread title is fine, for others. please create a new thread. Thank you.

mimasho
08-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Saya aah that's what I thought, but so many people were recommending it ~ * o *
alright, off to go clear them now, thanks !
Kalinsre Hi, if you look at my first post, I was asking that particular question as well;
I simply wanted to know if it was a good idea to Kai a ship asap while leveling ~
no one answered it, so I was just repeating myself with a more specific example ~

Nobody
08-31-2014, 08:38 PM
You dont need air superiority in 3-2. Even 0 gets you supremacy as there are no carriers in 3-2 to fight. Just load your carriers with reds and blues with 1 saiun if u have one.
1-5 is good to train for a bit, but your hq lvl rises much faster than your ship lvls compared to 3-2 if you are worried about that. Also 1-5 consumes 2-3x as much resources for 1.4x exp (before night battles) but a little less morale consuming (+20 more for mvps and +2 for all). 1-5 also needs some asw equips.
I don't know about 4-3 since I haven't got there :yahagi_dot:

UnRaVeLinG
08-31-2014, 08:40 PM
Frankly, experience given in 1-5 is pure crap. If you're leveling CL or DD, level in 4-3. Map 1 and 2 are easy to clear.1-5 allows you to level 6 DD/CL at the same time though. Also, it's much easier on ressources and buckets which might be important at low HQ level. IMHO 4-3 is better suited for grinding a specific ship you want to Kai Ni asap and at >80 HQ, when 1-5 stops being nice on your buckets. I never regretted Kai Ni-ing most of my DD and CL pretty early on 1-5, while I just can't get myself to like 4-3.

Nobody
08-31-2014, 08:50 PM
I forgot. Do 1-5 if you don't have a sub, otherwise it will cost you hell.

ktkrk8
08-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks for all the answers guys,

I usually remodel when they get low hp so I don't have to repair

AkiyamaMio
09-01-2014, 11:58 PM
@mimasho (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/mimasho/)

Well, everyone's going to give slightly different answers based on what they prefer doing in the game, so here's just my version. There's no absolute "must" or "best" way to do anything.

First of all, you don't need to Kai Ni your DDs for 3-2. Of course it might be helpful, but Kai Ni or not, they'll get hit when they get hit and you'll have to retreat anyways. You'll eventually want to Kai Ni a couple of DDs at least, it's not necessary to do so just to clear 3-2. For example, this was my fleet as I cleared 3-2.

http://i.imgur.com/pDba8PO.jpg

Second, Kai your ships immediately and give them as much modernization as possible. In the screenshot above, half of them were incompletely modernized, even in firepower, torpedo and armor except Shiranui. But modernization matters.

Recommended equipments for DDs are usually 10cm HA x2 + radar, turbine or sonar/depth depending on the situation. Turbine helps, but it's not necessary. I didn't have a single turbine back then myself. Equip torpedoes only on the highest luck DDs for the night-time cut-in attacks, and otherwise it's better without them. 2 main guns (10cm HA counts as a main gun even though it's green) allow double attack in night battles.

Blue (torpedo bombers) either deal a lot more damage or very little, and it's partially about luck. And additionally, they are shot down more easily. Red (dive bombers) survive somewhat better and deal reliable amount of damage, but depending on how good bombers you're using against what enemy, they may fail to pierce the enemy armor. Green (fighter planes) are basically what matters for the air superiority. Fill about half of your slots with the fighers, you may want to load more (or less) depending on how they fare agaist the enemy.

--------

1-5 as mentioned above is a far safer place to grind DDs and CLs depending on your HQ level, but do note it's much slower. I'll just outline what I personally do with 3-2 below; everyone has their things so feel free to adjust (or reject) as you see fit.

--------

I tend to take the following setup as the minimum for 3-2 grinding. Assuming they're Kai'd and fully modernized (except AA) the following setup is sufficient enough to take out all the enemies before the torpedo phase, for the most time.

1 DD + 2 CLs + 1 BBV + 1 CVL + 1 SS

Anyone who can equip seaplanes should try to have 20.3cm x2 + Type 0 Recon Plane at least, and a radar in the 4th slot (if available). No torp. BBVs can have nothing but Zuiun, and the CVL nothing but bombers of either kind. Switch around CLs with CAs, CVLs with CVs, BBVs with BB and experiment with what you've got. Throw in a CLT if you want.

The biggest problem with 3-2 is fatigue, since your ships will be fatigued to orange in 2 sorties. With a mixed setup like above, it'll be necessary to have a pool of ships to rotate, and the SS will get hit badly and need to be rotated.

Alternatively:

Flagship (Any) + SS + 3CVLs + BB, or
Flagship (BB) + SS + 4CVLs

With this, give the CVLs the best bombers you have if you can't get the flagship to take MVP, which will be the case with DDs, CLs and sometimes CAs. With this, you can ignore the fatigue as the carriers' opening airstrike is unaffected by it. That means, the flagship and the CVLs will be kept at max fatigue, and the BB will need to take care of whatever survives, so they should be rotated.

If BB is the flagship, just load 2 slots of Type 99 bombers on the CVLs - the weakest ones. They shouldn't do overkills and take MVPs from the BB flagship.

Leyana
09-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Nobody 1-5 doesn't raise your HQ level faster than 3-2 if you're not clearing the boss.

Nobody
09-02-2014, 12:22 AM
@Leyana (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/leyana/) Assuming 1-5 3 nodes vs 3-2-1 and S rank all, it's 225 admiral xp to 120 or 1.875:1 and 540 to 384 or 1.4:1 ship exp. I didn't mean lvl hq lvl crazy faster than ships but at a faster rate (which may be unwanted).
Sorry I'm a little nitpicky about some things... >.>

Leyana
09-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Nobody Fair enough. 1-5 is pretty much moot after 80 anyway with the troll sub.

mimasho
09-02-2014, 01:37 AM
AkiyamaMio Oh yes, I've been modernizing my ships once they've reached Kai like crazy XD
I just want to Kai Ni them for aesthetic purposes, to be honest ; u ;
However, I need to level my fleet in general -my highest leveled ship is Kiso at 42, but the rest of the DDs/CLs I plan to use are in the 20-30s ~
The most effective way I've found leveling to be so far, thanks to all the tips I've received here,
is to take Imuya, Kirishima, and four DDs/CLs that I want to level up to 3-2 (Kiso being my FS, she usually gets MVP as well, which gives her a nice exp boost)
The only ship that ends up taking damage is Imuya, and the second round of firing thanks to Kirishima ensures that all the enemies get destroyed ~
(of course, I'll also switch out Imuya for another DD I'm trying to level while she's docking)

Also, thank you so much for the tips on the equipment -I really don't have much of an idea what I should equip my fleet with ><
I've been trying to craft ASW and turbines, but no matter what wikia combination I get, it's always a plane -___-
I'm at a high enough HQ and I use DDs or an SS, but always planes ~
for radars, I've been getting them from Isuzu, but I've been sticking them on my BBs, I'll try putting them on a DD !

OVB
09-02-2014, 03:03 AM
mimasho The radar that comes from Isuzu Kai: Type 21, cannot be equiped on destroyers because it is a large radar. Also, anothe reason to use 3-2 instead of 1-5 is that 3-2 gives better modernization fodder than 1-5.

AkiyamaMio
09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
@mimasho (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/members/mimasho/)

Turbines and radars are hard to craft, and the Isuzu radar (Type 21) is good enough for CAs and BBs unless you're nearing the endgame phase (most CLs would need 2 main guns + seaplane and be done with it) but the small ones equippable on DDs are a bit trickier to obtain.

Here's a list of ships that bring Type 13 and Type 22 radars, which can be equipped on DDs, for reference. Otherwise, you'll just have to keep trying, though talk to your resource reserve before deciding to craft radars. They're rare.

Type 13 AA Radar:
Shigure Kai Ni (60), Kiso Kai Ni (65), Uzuki Kai (25), Haruna Kai Ni (80), Hayashimo Kai (30), Kiyoshimo Kai (30)

Type 22 Surface Radar:
Yamato Kai (60), Kumano Kai (35), Isuzu Kai Ni (50), Yuugumo Kai (30), Shigure Kai Ni (60), Agano Kai (35), Noshiro Kai (35), Kongou Kai Ni (75), Hamakaze Kai (30), Haguro Kai Ni (65), Hayashimo Kai (30), Kiyoshimo Kai (30)

As you can see, they either require very high levels or rare ships, which makes it a bit hard in the early game to give DDs radars. The only ship that brings a turbine (in both default and Kai form) is Amatsukaze so far.