PDA

View Full Version : What's your hobby

SkyCurse
09-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Well I wanted to make this thread for a few days now, cause I wanted to know what other forum members hobbies and interests are besides Kancolle. :kongou_happy:

So just post stuff your hobbies and interests. Or else I will come and find you. (jk)

So I will start this, I am not too interesting but here goes... My hobbies would consist of playing this rhythm game called OSU (I play this too much), watching anime, I do origami at times, and fixing and breaking Windows or Linux. (Computer OS) I do not break random peoples windows. :kongou_wat:

And I forgot something I listen to a lot of Vocaloid and Utau music as well...

I look forward to see the cool hobbies everyone has here. ^^

Yamato kai A150 ausf B
09-01-2014, 12:17 AM
hobbies
>Running
>Kendo
>Badminton
>Violin (10%)
>reading Bio-chem textbooks
>Fanart (drawing everyday) /Computer science (Secondary)
> playing Mercenary Ops Online
>Playing MMORTS
> counterbragging the KanColle PvP braggarts.

Madao
09-01-2014, 12:22 AM
looking at pixiv and danbooru for R18G kancolle images
playing video games
the occasional programming of RNGs
dazing(look at idling)
slacking

Shrubbery
09-01-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm a boring person and I do boring things in my spare time (when I'm not pretending to be a productive member of society, that is). These boring things include, but are not restricted to: Reading (currently working my way through the Malazan series of novels), sleeping, watching SC2 livestreams (Strangely enough, I find the act of watching someone else play that game more enjoyable that actually playing it myself), network lab practice and possibly the odd bit of scripting every now and again.

Oh, and I also play some strange browser based game about anthropomorphized boats who speak Japanese.

Cinnabar
09-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Hobbies and interests? I've got a few.

Listening to music
Doing art and design
Cooking all sorts of food
Seducing women
Collecting swords, cards, models, digital things
Playing games
Making games
Martial Arts (iaido, tai chi, hsing i chuan, shaolin)
Drinking copious amounts of coffee
Reading and writing novels

That's all I can think of atm

Enceladus
09-01-2014, 01:38 AM
I go to work and school pretty much seven days a week, but whenever I do have time I like to :
- Hike
- Crochet
- Play board games
- Cook
- Go to the symphony or musicals

Madoka Tsukimori
09-01-2014, 02:39 AM
My hobby is:
- Play Kancolle (of course ;_;)
- Read debated topic & its comment
- Argue (just4fun) with my only friend (People think I'm an anti-social)
- Play LoL & others games (Shogun 2, WoT, Tropico - still try to figure out how I can get money from trade, etc.)
- Listen to music (not korean music)
- Drink coffee
- Pray RNG to give me the ships that I want
- Study
- Read novel
- Watching stream

dranzerstar
09-01-2014, 04:24 AM
Eroge.

AgentKiri
09-01-2014, 04:31 AM
sleep :)

Hitomi
09-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Playing different games on many different consoles.

Mostly PSP and Gameboy this previous week though.

mimasho
09-01-2014, 04:53 AM
Hmm ..on the computer, I like to play Tera Online and Kancolle ~
on the 3DS, Bravely Default, FE:A, ACNL, Pokemon,
general hobbies include art (mostly digital, though I do enjoy traditional now and then, mostly sketches or using copics), arranging and composing music,
playing the piano, cooking, and doing a ton of online shopping (be it clothes, games, pencils, or furniture, anything and everything)

S.Razelrink
09-01-2014, 07:10 AM
what do I do in my spare time... apart from playing rhythm games such as beatmania IIDX, and games which friends have dragged me into, I also make papier mache crafts and work with a bit of wood, translate manga/revising japanese language, playing the piano (badly, I can't even read sheet music) and drawing when I have something I want to draw!

I've been trying to learn how to cook more dishes recently as well, but I never find that I have all the ingredients I need for certain recipes I want to cook, so I don't actually end up cooking most of the time... :'(

Hmm ..on the computer, I like to play Tera Online and Kancolle ~
on the 3DS, Bravely Default, FE:A, ACNL, Pokemon,
general hobbies include art (mostly digital, though I do enjoy traditional now and then, mostly sketches or using copics), arranging and composing music,
playing the piano, cooking, and doing a ton of online shopping (be it clothes, games, pencils, or furniture, anything and everything)

internet shopping is great because you have like everything in the world to purchase while sitting in the comfort of your own chair at home! the only bad thing that I don't like about it is shipping costs (unless I'm going somewhere to pick things up) and the quality of goods you're getting. most often it's okay but there are times that the things you get are just ghastly! like that microphone I bought because my friends wanted me to skype with them, yes.. that had a damaged USB port, bent inwards which I had to bend with pliers to get it to fit into a USB port x___x

Kaijitsu
09-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Anime
Eroge
Watching and Playing SC2
Kancolle
Random MMOs

typeMARS
09-01-2014, 07:30 AM
1. slacking around
2. play games (kancolle mostly)
3. create music (mostly remixing)

mimasho
09-01-2014, 07:34 AM
what do I do in my spare time... apart from playing rhythm games such as beatmania IIDX, and games which friends have dragged me into, I also make papier mache crafts and work with a bit of wood, translate manga/revising japanese language, playing the piano (badly, I can't even read sheet music) and drawing when I have something I want to draw!

I've been trying to learn how to cook more dishes recently as well, but I never find that I have all the ingredients I need for certain recipes I want to cook, so I don't actually end up cooking most of the time... :'(

internet shopping is great because you have like everything in the world to purchase while sitting in the comfort of your own chair at home! the only bad thing that I don't like about it is shipping costs (unless I'm going somewhere to pick things up) and the quality of goods you're getting. most often it's okay but there are times that the things you get are just ghastly! like that microphone I bought because my friends wanted me to skype with them, yes.. that had a damaged USB port, bent inwards which I had to bend with pliers to get it to fit into a USB port x___x

Whoo, we have lots in common ! haha ~
indeed ! I do it quite often to pass the time ; m ; I'm a huge impulsive shopper ~
And I agree ! Most of the time I order from places that I trust/have actively bought from, but you really never know ! consistency isn't a thing that many stores have ~
also yes, shipping cost can be painful at times ~ ; A ;
I've spent $500 on shipping once, because I bought shoes in bulk from Europe -____- luckily, my parents paid for it lol (though to be fair, it was the size of two boxes that I could probably crawl into)
though the internet can be misleading on occasion, stock photos always look so much better, don't they ?
I'm also getting a few Kancolle nendoroids (first time getting them), but I'm having my cousins in Japan ship them over so the shipping cost won't be that expensive ; m ;
hopefully nothing will break xD

but yay, the sacrifices I make for my hobbies/current interests ! * q *

S.Razelrink
09-01-2014, 07:42 AM
mimasho waaaaaaaait... two human-sized boxes of shoes from europe?? everything I buy in a year could probably not fit into two boxes that big! what kind of shoes were they? when I went to korea, some of my friends bought so many clothes since it was so cheap in local currency, they had to ship two boxes back otherwise the carry-on luggage back home would've been humongous!

the stock photos are so deceptive, I always get suspicious of them now... but then again you usually get what you pay for, so I'm not always too fussed, unless it's an excessively priced item that really isn't as good as it should be!

nendoroids! which ones were you getting? I'm not really a figure-collector myself, but I told myself I'd buy the best yudachi figurine I can find when it's released, and just leave it at that for the next few years! my room is messy and filled with everything from anything, so I have to be careful as to what I bring into my room :')

high five, my fellow buying-fanatic friend!!

mimasho
09-01-2014, 08:05 AM
S.Razelrink haha yeah, I LOVE shoes XD
heels and wedges, mostly ! I don't wear anything under five inches, and I love unique designs that I can't find elsewhere * q *
oh my gosh, I buy clothes from korea all the time ! it is cheap, and if you find the right kind, the quality's not bad either ! * U *

exactly, usually I'd rather pay a bit higher for better quality * U *
but yeah, gotta avoid those people who overprice -___-

aaah same here !! I've never bought figures or the such in my life ; u ;
I'll buy some fan created things on storenvy and etc, but I decided to just go for it this time XD
after all, I have a feeling that I'll enjoy kancolle for a long time !
I wanted to get a nice collection, so I'm getting Shimakaze (though I don't really like her all that much), Kaga, Akagi, and Kongou ~
I also plan to get the petit collection since my grandmother's going to asia next month ! * U *
I just redecorated my room, so there's a ton of space everywhere, and i'll be moving into an apartment for uni later this month,
so gotta buy a ton of stuff to fill it up ! * U *

and yes, shopping is the best therapy for everything ! well, that and games xD

S.Razelrink
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM
mimasho I know right... korea has probably the best looking *and* cheapest clothes I know, if you go there to buy it! the exchange rate was also really good for us (we got about 1150won per AUD) so paying $25 for a winter jacket there was reeeeaally good for us. you could expect to pay about $150+ for a similar jacket in australia! q___q everything in that place was home-designed and run by one or two people (usually couples) so you could get really unique designs and patterns (hand made) for a really fair price! I loved korea for that, but unfortunately there wasn't much else apart from shopping spreeees

shimakaze nendoroid: it is something every collector must have whether they like it or not : ) I actually bought a shimakaze rubber phone strap before I actually played the game, but purchasing it made me curious and actually brought me into the game. shimakaze was also my favourite shipgirl before I knew about yudachi, so I always have a special place for her in my heart :') I'd really like to see some pictures of your collection once they all come in!

for the rest of the talks, it would be off-topic to delve into further, so I'll just spam your visitor inbox about it!

the best part about buying something online is probably waiting for it... you feel so excited, then when you finally get it, you're just in a state of 'happy' until it slowly dies down! hahaha

selenphr
09-01-2014, 01:48 PM
sleep :)

I'm jealous. Sleep is a luxury for me.

Anyways my hobbies are:

-Writing Light Novels
-Gunpla making
-listening to music
-reading anything that catches my fancy
-God eater burst
-Monhun
-Photography on the side
-Collecting Nendoroids
-Listverse (Will destroy your life)
-Doing shady business deals on the side
-Valkyrie Crusade
-Watching Anime and Kamen Rider shows
-Window shopping (IRL and via Online Shops)

Erm Interests,you ask? Perverse ones...?

---That is classified info.

Hynaio
09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
My hobbies are:
- Gaming (although recently it's been far less than in the past)
- Listening to music
- Cooking
- Golf (if I have time)
- Scouting (Scouts Movement)
- watching anime
- reading manga
- watching stuff on youtube
- Sailing (only occasionally because it's quite expensive)

That's pretty much it.

Cythnar
09-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Eh, long list, but guess I can shorten it. Here goes.

1. Sleeping
2. Eating
3. Video Games
4. Reading
5. Anime
6. Martial Arts
7. Working out
8. History
9. Cute stuff (Usually girls being adorable is my weakness)
10. Pizza (I know, pizza is food, but to me it's more than food :D)

That's in no particular order, btw.

Yuki.N
09-01-2014, 03:33 PM
-Anime
-League of legends
-KANTAI COLLECTION <3 :kongou_happy:
-Drawing
-WW2 stuff
And
-Lolis (Don't get me wrong i just adore them :3 i want to pat and take care of them. Not that kind of "thing")

Ktarl
09-01-2014, 03:42 PM
-reading
-drawing
-anime/manga
-games (video/board/card....)
-music
-figure collecting
-models (have to admit have not build/painted anything in a wile though)

all in no particular order Yuki.N lolis are my favorite part of anime/manga as well but there are plenty of people out there who will label you pedo for liking them. There is a huge difference between beeing a lolicon or a pedophile though >.<

Yuki.N
09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Ktarl yep i agree with you man. *Bro fist*

Elairiah
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Hobbies?
Well, at the moment I currently:
1. Study Japanese (mostly vocab, too lazy to study grammar for long periods of time)
2. Fiddle around with my voice (I've been told that I speak monotonously, so I'm trying to change that)
3. Learning how to play mahjong
4. Read books every now and then
5. Talk walks outside

and that's about it. I'm not sure if they're considered hobbies, but I put them down since they're all I do anyway (and because I'm fairly uninteresting).

HaganeNoKaze
09-02-2014, 11:19 AM
hobbies
-Chanbara
-Iaido
-Watching animes
-Reading
-Riding bike
-Swimming
-Build models
-Training for Pilot Licence
-See aircrafts

SandKing666
09-02-2014, 11:48 AM
-doto2
-chinese cartoons
-chinese comics
-2hu
-kancolle

Pururumpai
09-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Hobbies? Well, stuff.... Otaku stuff and proud of it! To be exact reading manga, watching anime, reading light novels, listening to music(not korean music) animanga posters, pin, tapestry collection, and last but not least, figures collection. 2 of it are from kancolle since I just started playing it recently, and the others from anime and manga, mostly madoka. Currently searching for dekimakura, but it's hard to find in my country.
Other stuff unrelated to otaku are playing flute, writing novel, crafting headgear/costume, origami, a bit of drawing, walking, playing computer, sleeping

Ah! I also play monster hunter till now! Been playing that since the first one on PS2. Oh~ The memory of slaying fatalis fleeting in my mind~

47KyO72
09-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Hobbies?
Listening to Music
Playing games (RTS games, KC, FPS games)
Playing my Bass guitar
reading books (don't ask what, those might creep you out)
Debates and discussions about opposing point of views
Eating and drinking with friends
Papercrafts (like this one:????????????????????OK???????? - ????1/350?????? (http://www.papermodel.jp/akagi-index.html))
Watching Anime
Reading Manga
Writing essays and short stories
Lastly, walking my two dogs.

BlackApril
09-03-2014, 03:25 AM
-Music (any kind expect my own country music <;; -___-)
-JRPG games(Tales series, Persona 3,4, inc 5, Ar Tonelico series, FF7,8,9..............)
-Sports(basketball, soccer, badminton,etc.... only with friends tho)
-Martial Art
-Kancolle of course
-League of legends
-Anime+ Manga

SuzuTitor
09-04-2014, 04:04 AM
Some of my main hobbies include:
-Anime
-Puzzle games (primarily the Puyo Puyo series)
-Fighting games (primarily anime fighters like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear)
-JRPGs
-Generally being lazy for most of the day

wrx22b1998
09-04-2014, 01:36 PM
hmm

- video games (isn't this obvious?) ... from shooters to fighting games to RTS to racing games
- i go on tumblr (http://wrx22b1998.tumblr.com)a bit, few friends on there
- i used to be really into rc cars (had a 370z drift one but i need to get it fixed)
- watch tv shows (lately ive been watching parks & recreation)
- a few anime (wangan midnight, initial d, senran kagura are the only ones ive watched)
- im into cars so on occasion when groups meet up (like the last saturday of the month) its nice to head out and go look at cool cars and grab some photos (http://flickr.com/photos/wrx22b1998)too
- used to read a fair bit when i was in school but haven't for ages lol
- listen to music though i guess basically everyone does that ...you can have a look what i listen to on here (http://last.fm/user/wrx22b1998) :)

MagnAvaloN
09-06-2014, 05:02 PM
In general:
- Watching anime.
- Reading manga & web/light novels.
- Playing games (PSVita, 3DS, PC).
- Listening to music (Doujin, J-Pop, Vocaloid, 2hu, Jazz, Gospel); sometimes I scrobble my playlist here (http://www.last.fm/user/MagnAvaloN).
- Trading Card Game (YGO, VG, WS); not as much as I used to atm.
- Uploading random covers to Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/magnavalon).
- Used to update my blog frequently; not as much free time now, though.
- Figure photography.

Tankslay
09-09-2014, 09:04 AM
sleeping
spending massive amounts of money on figures and manga
Anime :D
Kantai collection
drawing
reading
practicing my Japanese(third language)
playing online games with good friends
looking for good Japanese food around the area
cooking
cleaning(gets my mind off stuff...)

Janoski
09-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Pixiv
Playing FPS,MMOs, and MOBA
Watching anime
Reading manga
Visual novels/Eroge
Listening to music
Cooking
Sleeping

Tepidus
10-26-2014, 11:14 AM
-Gaming
-Reading shit about war(from the roman empire to present day)
-Reading comics on danbooru(it's free)
-Listening to music
-Training with weapons
-Hunting assholes in Kancolle PVP

uplook
10-26-2014, 11:31 AM
-anime
-manga
-ps4
-ps vita
-working out
-not hanging out
-being NEET
-kancolle
-endless tower
-DMM 18
-almost all DMM games
-VN and eroge (fav is bukkake ranch lol)
-figma, nendoroid, figures
-imagining/doing things when nobody's looking
-j-pop (fav is ryo supercell), vocaloid (fav is gumi)
-writing novels( obviously based on anime genres like harem lol)
-studying all asian language (like japanese, chinese and korean, but only likes japanese)
studying kanji/romaji
-dreaming to go to hime-ji, hyogo prefecture sometimes.

Zalfier
10-26-2014, 11:35 AM
In general
-Gaming : I am not a hardcore gamer, but I still play quite alot
- Anime : If there is something that grabs my interest/ new episode
- Planning stories : I love planning my own stories and plan to make them real one day. Only problem is I am too lazy to write or draw them...
- Kancolle : Love your job, they say, I love my job as admiral

Pururumpai
10-26-2014, 11:49 AM
-Animanga (anime & manga)
-Collecting figures
-Writing
-Procrastinating
-Sleeping
-Walking
-Kancolle
-Listening to music (mostly anime op/ed and instrumental)
-Playing flute
-Making mask and papercraft

Tepidus
10-26-2014, 11:50 AM
uplook What's Dmm 18?

Pururumpai
10-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Banzaicharger 18+
You know exactly what I mean

Tepidus
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Pururumpai Ohh... I just didn't expect that a site like dmm would have an 18+ section there...

S.Razelrink
10-26-2014, 04:10 PM
-Gaming
-Training with weapons

what kind of weapons...? I've actually kind of gotten into medieval martial arts (or western martial arts) using various medieval weaponry lately

acolyte
10-26-2014, 04:20 PM
My hobbies.. are mainly photography and baking, though I don't do them all the time.
I guess you could call me singing @ church a hobby too?
Also loves eating nice food, there's just not much to do in where I live.
I also watch a lot of anime and read manga and light novels, all translated ofc, but those are for entertainment and if there's nothing better to do.

My interests, meanwhile, varies but I never have focused too much on them (spent time on them for a year or two but didn't continue).
Did some parkour, ballroom dance, and breakdance.
I also like swimming and all kinds of sports but ended up too lazy most of the time to find company.

S.Razelrink
10-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Did some parkour, ballroom dance, and breakdance.

I love how flexible your interests are :')

Seravee
10-26-2014, 05:57 PM
hobbies? lets see...

Kancolle (does this count?)
Anime + Manga
Gundam models (or gunpla as they also call it)
Fanfiction writing (i'm still a noob)
Gaming (mostly RPG's and JRPG's)
Sudoku

And somehow i still fit this in my full time job

Tepidus
10-26-2014, 10:20 PM
S.Razelrink Japanese Blades mostly... In total i have one Katana, oneWakizashi, one machete and a tonfa too

Zaidou
10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Used to be Gunpla, but currently just normal gaming, and competitive fighting game.

S.Razelrink
10-27-2014, 04:30 AM
S.Razelrink Japanese Blades mostly... In total i have one Katana, oneWakizashi, one machete and a tonfa too

ooh, that's pretty cool! I've been recently taking a fascination into halberds for some strange reason, but trying to use one is completely different than just watching it being used...

Tepidus
10-27-2014, 11:28 AM
S.Razelrink What kind of halberds do you like? I personally like the chinese ones though

S.Razelrink
10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
S.Razelrink What kind of halberds do you like? I personally like the chinese ones though

haha I mostly mean european/swiss halberds, although the chinese ones seem to be used with a completely different technique, as it doesn't have a slicing edge on all sides of the halberd head, whereas the european ones have one in general

Tepidus
10-27-2014, 03:04 PM
S.Razelrink Nice taste

acolyte
10-27-2014, 03:51 PM
I love how flexible your interests are :')
I should've done ballet too shouldn't I?

S.Razelrink
10-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I should've done ballet too shouldn't I?

ballet, maybe... figure skating, definitely!

Nakonimi
10-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Gaming (Hardcore: Has spent 2600 hours on one game, 1900 on another, and 690 on another two combined)

Pasta (Hardcore: Has eaten three family sized lasagna's while binge watching Angels Beats)

Kemonomimis (Whenever I see one I save it into my seekret folder of seekrets)

Anime (Meeehish: I've seen a lot of shit, just starting to read manga's though, I'm also playing a few Visual Novels.)

Strafe
10-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Random Figure Collecting, (currently collecting Figma Kancolle Series), Drawing, Playing Kancolle or PS2 games.

Fuyukaze
10-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Physical hobbies would be :
Swimming
Cycling
Badminton
Table tennis
Rock climbing. :kongou_happy:

MagnAvaloN
10-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Reading (manga, novel, other literature)
Gaming (desktop, PSVita, 3DS)
Writing (fiction, short stories)
Photography (figure, landscape)
TCG (Vanguard, WS, YGO [vacuum])
Music (vocals, guitar)
Writing songs
Sports (swimming, cycling, table tennis)
Watching (BBC, anime, TV series, tokusatsu)

Akanetsuki
10-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Probably
>Fix computer
>Sleep
>Cellphone call to my boyfriend
> Doing arts and craft
> Cooking and/or baking
> Research
>bracelet making
> Play some instruments

I dunno if I have said all of what I know of my hobby :P

kuavera
10-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Drawing
Checking other people's drawings
Playing games, mostly FPS
Drinking and chatting with friends about how shitty life is

Aaaand that's pretty much all.

Bheaze
11-24-2014, 06:45 AM
include;
>bike riding
>coffee making
>kantai playing
>anime watching
>drum destroying
>おいしい食べ物を食べるのが大好きです。

Blankman
11-24-2014, 08:04 AM
My hobbies, eh..?

1. Gaming
2. Reading (basically anything)
3. Experimental cooking
4. Disturbing my lil sis
5. Drinking coffee or tea while puffing cig
6. Writing a novel or short story
7. Sleeping
8. Fishing
9. Sketching
10. Gunpla modeling
11. Ride around with my motorcycle (not maintenance or modifying it though)
12. Over thinking something

Komaki Jindai
11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
-watch some animation
-listen music
-draw picture
-sometimes read some books( novel) w

Tacchan
12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Drawing is my hobby~ And since I can't find any drawing hobby thread on this section, I think I just might make one.

stormberg
01-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Gaming, betting on CS:GO games.

Shendu
01-04-2015, 04:10 PM
gaming and working out xD

Katze
01-06-2015, 03:22 AM
Well I'm into anime, manga, and visual novels since obviously I'm a weeaboo since I play this game. Aside from that? Playing the violin, fencing, photography, and lifting weights are my main hobbies. Gaming, too. Both video games and tabletop.

Yamako
01-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Katze Wow a fencer! Those are a rare breed.

Chihayasaur
01-06-2015, 11:06 PM
My interests tend to come and go, but a few stick around.

- Magic: the Gathering, writing up MtG cards, building bad decks with stupid combos
- Tae Kwon Do (12 years of that, and now my body's out of shape so I can't do it well anymore)
- Linguistics, and in general listening to foreign languages/dialects
- Taking long walks in big cities, exploring
- Character design, thinking about writing, not actually writing
- DnD, roleplaying out video games with generally silent players, like Skyrim or Civ
- Doing weird odd jobs at work

Peggisan
01-07-2015, 12:32 AM
>making things (anything. Give me something and I'll assemble it)
>reading the news, mainly on religious, government and stuff that has a lot of controversy behind it
>twiddling my pen all fancy and shit pen spinning
>random games
>reading random wikipedia articles

Katze
01-07-2015, 04:43 AM
SanaNoHana it's pretty normal to me but then I am surrounded by my team lol

Yamako
01-07-2015, 04:51 AM
Katze I rarely see fencers. Then again I went to high school in Japan so we had Kendo and Kyudo instead.

iDuane
01-07-2015, 04:51 AM
I enjoy browsing dank memes.

http://i.imgur.com/bnWmD60.png

Katze
01-07-2015, 04:58 AM
SanaNoHana well it's also not really a high school thing, at least not in America. Some high schools have it, but it's a pretty expensive sport. It's common in college, though.

S.Razelrink
01-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Well I'm into anime, manga, and visual novels since obviously I'm a weeaboo since I play this game. Aside from that? Playing the violin, fencing, photography, and lifting weights are my main hobbies. Gaming, too. Both video games and tabletop.

which weapon do you fence with? I've always wanted to try the sabre, but I ended up only being taught the foil :'(

Tankslay
01-07-2015, 11:41 AM
SanaNoHana High school in Japan...lucky...by the way, did you ever take up on Kendo?

Issei
01-07-2015, 01:02 PM
My hobbies....
Just watching anime and Reading Manga, while waiting DxD Light Novel update. Ah, and i play TCG( Vangurad) too.

Yamako
01-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Tankslay Kyudo. Tbh high school in Japan isn't like anime. Its quite boring. Although, if you land in a poor school its really shitty. I wish I went to high school in America or Finland. Education in America and finland has a lot more freedom.

Tankslay
01-08-2015, 09:14 AM
SanaNoHana Well at least you got to do Kyudo, I've only done Judo. Btw what do you mean by freedom? as like in school wise?

czarsalad
01-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm kinda a slew of randomness:
Drawing, anime style, novice
Exhibition Drill (ever seen the dudes who flip guns? that)
Riflery
and I'm trying to get into videogame design (keyword "trying")

Yamako
01-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Tankslay Isn't archery available in some schools in the States?

Freedom as inflexibility with classes and standardized testing. Japan has one big college entrance exam which if you fuck up puts you back a year. America has AP courses and SAT/ACT which seems like a tremendous amount of freedom when choosing your college.

Tankslay
01-08-2015, 04:46 PM
SanaNoHana Oops, my bad I didn't mention that I have high school in Taiwan. Oh, I see what you mean now, yeah, some local schools here have that college entrance exam, if you mess up you just basically fucked up your opportunities, but I think my school doesn't do that.

knight290499
01-08-2015, 05:36 PM
My hobby consist of playing video game, watch anime, reading manga, jogging in the morning to keep my body healthy since im not involved in any sport activity.

nekochen
01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
So many things... Drawing, playing with 3DS Max, video games, make resin model whenever I can. Watch anime, TV, sports, all that on the weekdays. Play TCG (magic and weiss schwarz) and board game on the weekends.

... but nowadays, it's just mostly Kancolle.

TwoHeavens
01-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Well I have a lot of hobbies really.

I paint and play with toy soldiers. I've won awards in a painting competition (I really don't think I'm that good) and I've worked in the wargaming industry for the second largest multinational firm in the business. (Left because, no matter how cool your product is, sales is a brutal gig, and I have issues working for civilians)

Examples of painting including some competition pieces here: Show and tell - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/BLeCu)

I play video games, build computers and my roommate is turning me into an amateur audiophile (I run a Aune T1 DAC with VMODA M80 cans, I used a Vokshod for my tube, glorious ruskie missile components = better sound for heavy metal)

My other big hobby in terms of time and money sunk is firearms.

Katze
01-09-2015, 07:55 PM
which weapon do you fence with? I've always wanted to try the sabre, but I ended up only being taught the foil :'(

I fence sabre! Foil is boring to me. I want to try epee sometime but I haven't had the change. I'm sure my epee friends will show me sometime this semester. But sabre is the best. I love how fast it is.

Leucocyte
01-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Collecting firearms, spending obscene amounts of time Redditing, watching anime, and reading manga.

If those are even considered hobbies or just being unemployed and lazy. ;)

S.Razelrink
01-10-2015, 06:18 PM
I fence sabre! Foil is boring to me. I want to try epee sometime but I haven't had the change. I'm sure my epee friends will show me sometime this semester. But sabre is the best. I love how fast it is.

lucky yooooooooou! sabre has always been appealing to me because I found that it was pretty difficult to quickly swing a sabre due to its weight! that was probably my technique, because during foil class, somebody asked me if I wanted to try sabre, and I did.. I'm really jealous now

HeavyGunz
01-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Well lets see.... My hobbies include the following:
Anime
Manga
Video games (Almost everything minus sport games.)
Historical research of World War I and II
Tabletop Games (Warhammer 40,000, Flames of War, Star Wars Miniature Game, waiting still for Star Wars Armada.)
Board Games (I include living card games with this.)
Paintball (Bush ball, not the speed ball stuff.)
Airsoft
and to finish it off, Rifles and other small arms. (Comes from being ex military.)
For the most part I think that sums me all up in a nut shell for hobbies :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I totally forgot, I also do Live Action Roleplay. (Not like that horrible lightning bolt clip on youtube, that is just a sad version of LARP in my opinion.)

CRIT MAGNET
01-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Animes
Mangas
Video Games
And music ! I'm playing violin and I love to play video game musics. I promise, I'll show it one day. I'm practicing a bit on KanColle themes these days, but it's almost impossible to find music sheets.

Leucocyte
01-21-2015, 03:17 AM
HeavyGunz Branch and MOS? First TTK i've met that's a serviceman!

CaioDuilio
01-21-2015, 03:56 AM
Hoo boy, hobbies...

Currently I'm doing tank modelling and painting said models (enamel paints), writing fanfics of foreign navies in KC, rebuilding Commander-format decks in Magic, and finding a new playlist for Summer of '15.

HeavyGunz
01-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Leucocyte 00129 Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers, Vehicle Technician

Mignonette
01-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Drawing is my main hobby, followed by reading, watching shows, and playing vidya games in no real order. I'm also a big fan of Pokemon.

Postie
01-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Violin.
Gaming.
Military models.
Occasionally play TCGs.
Reading, generally fantasy/sci-fi books and engineering stuff.

NZRedBaron
01-25-2015, 03:36 AM
Just an idle question now.

What is everyone else into, outside of Kantai Collection? For my case, it's mainly model railways, model kit-building, and music (from Mozart to Metal).

How about you all?

S.Razelrink
01-25-2015, 02:11 PM
Just an idle question now.

What is everyone else into, outside of Kantai Collection? For my case, it's mainly model railways, model kit-building, and music (from Mozart to Metal).

How about you all?

I make paper crafts and do translations for manga (mostly just for a title called 'sakurasou no pet na kanojo')!

NyoroEevee
01-26-2015, 06:17 AM
For me, there's anime and manga (my proclaimed favorite genre is Magical Girl, but I honestly am watching more slice of life and medieval/modern fantasy as of late...). I'm also an avid video gamer who plays mainly rpgs but will try almost anything. I also play tabletop rpgs with my roommates, mainly Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 ed. I do enjoy TCGs, dabbling in Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh, and really into Weiss Schwarz (though mainly theorycrafting since I don't own very many cards). My musical taste is anything from animes or games that I like, and rarely anything outside of that regardless of genre or artist. I used to frequent a couple of irc chats, but haven't been doing so as much lately since moving out of my parents' place and getting a job.

P.S. Looking back a few pages in this topic, seeing others that agree that lolicon does not always have to be pedophile makes me happy since I feel the same way.

Nitroflame
02-25-2015, 09:07 AM
Things i'm into besides Kantai in no particular order

Cosplay, Pc gaming, Biking, Anime, Manga, Model trains, TCG (magic/ yu-gi-oh), homebrewing beer, music (all types)

Evilbanana
02-26-2015, 04:07 AM
Games
Osu, Kantai, CSGO, Tera
Mainly I play MMOs/RTS/FPS. Kantai is my first browser based game =^.^=

Hobbies
Collecting warhammer 40k models (have like 3 boxes i havent touched for years...havent had time to assemble them)
Anime - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Evilbananna for anybody interested. List is sort of bare right now, filling up on anime to watch
Manga - currently reading Tokyo Ghoul, just started it.
Music
Scuba diving/Traveling
Recently started to edit gameplay footage as a side ting whenever I can. Also trying to stream when I can.

Selriam
02-28-2015, 08:17 PM
I like to collect figures and I'm currently working on getting into casual cosplay photography.

APO6
03-03-2015, 03:48 PM
my hobbies include:
driving my old car when it doesn't need repairing
watching car related things (Initial Demerol, Wanging Midnight, Vin Diesel's chrome dome, VidOpt, Shakotan Boogie. If you know VidOpt or Shakotan Boogie I'll be legitimately surprised.)
repairing this one motorcycle that I just got
watching movies and anigays
eating cheap but only semi-shitty food (I fucking love taco bell. I would eat chipotle but I'm not made of money)
acting like a complete goon irl with scumbags I hang out with a lot
spending what little resources I fucking have trying to craft regular ship girls but failing. every. time. (why is Kaga so hard to construct idfgi, she's not suppose to be unicorn-rare right?)

+not really a hobby but I box and run so I don't get fet. taco bell is pretty bad for you.

restinya
03-03-2015, 08:30 PM
I play TCGs like Weiss, WIXOSS, etc. I also enjoy rhythm games, namely bemani games. Other games I play are mahjong and board games, I guess. Hobbies I have that aren't games are usually activities like wandering the city with nothing but a bus pass and a small amount of cash to my name.

Ara
03-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Well, playing video games and watching anime is a big thing to me. Dota and LoL currently, I do like MMOs too. My Vita too. Err, aside from that, computer graphics I'd say. Doing stuff on Photoshop when I am not lazy af. Watching movies is a big thing to me, since I really like "gathering as much knowledge/culture as possible". Travelling too could be considered part of my hobbies. And food. Never forget food. If there is a food experience, I am here. If there is food, I am here no matter what. And workout too, gotta stay healthy.

Ryalai
03-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Well, I watch a lot of anime.
I also read lots of manga and listen to music!
My favorite kinds of games are Strategy and all kinds of RPGs! Although wargaming isn't bad either~ (Examples of games I play are Shogun 2, TERA Online, and War Thunder!)
I also spend a lot of time talking (or debating, depending on the topic) with my friends!
Lastly, I spend quite a lot of time on the Internet.

bellehime009
03-12-2015, 07:57 AM
mine include gunpla, wow, anime/manga, music. im a huge nightwish fan

fakeremiya
03-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Definitely alot of anime and manga going on with my time. Within the past year though I have slowly gotten into board gaming with my group of friends and recently got into the Force of Will TCG. Video Games have been an on and off thing for me, although I do play alot of Vita before heading to bed.

Hoshimaru
05-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Outside of Kancolle, my main video games of choice were the Pokemon series, though I've been known to utilize Xplane in the past crafting the wildest things I could imagine to try and fly, including a flying battleship (as in a literal levitating naval vessel), a scale replica of the Arwing from StarFox, and an aircraft the size of an airport.
I'm an avid anime fan, I have been since 2001, and I run a youtube show with a small following called Who Would You Do? As a result of that I specialize in ecchi and comedy mostly. I've been attending at least 1 convention every year since 2007, and started cosplaying with my girlfriend in 2013.
Since moving across the country for work I've taken up my childhood hobby of collecting Zoid models.
I've got a pretty sweet collection, including 3 of the Big 4 (Gildragon, Ultrasaurus, and King Gojulas), my all time favorite: Storm Sworder, and a wide assortment of models ranging from limited eds to very common.
Actively, I like to travel, and I love a good roller coaster (I have RCT3 as well).

Childish? Perhaps, but I'm living my dreams, no matter how simple they are.

Nishiro
07-02-2015, 05:19 AM
Making videos.

Hayashimo
07-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Drawing and collecting would be main ones (I wish i could use all the income for art and figures but alas) and i also enjoy playing videogames and used to be into pokemon tcg (still like it, but i have not been able to keep up). Currently trying to play ukulele too.

Reirein
07-16-2015, 09:56 PM
-Tricking
-Exercises
-Drawing
-Piano
-Guitar
-Growing plants
-Browsing through webs about things I won't remember at the end of the day
-Reading manga
-Reading wiki articles about anime or manga I'm interested in yet not enough to actually watch it
-^Also goes for games too
-Switching through games as I get bored with one

Nyanimefreak
07-23-2015, 06:59 PM
I collect Nendos, Figma, and basically most figures :D I've just started to get into building Gunpla and model building in general, I also like to take pictures with my DSLR that I have no business using because I am just a noob haha, also ofc to round it all off I play games lots of them :D currently its world of warships. I've been all about boats these past few weeks.... (/-o-)/

KinomiCandy
07-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Other than playing video games, I used to draw a lot, but I haven't done that for a while. I do also play osu! a lot, but it's more of a habit than a hobby because I'm trying to quit the game but somehow end up going back to it. Lastly, I subtitle anime episodes, opening/endings along with people or alone. Here's an example of what I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UtWVqGwG8k

Kotarou83
07-24-2015, 12:41 PM
- Playing Kancolle ("Unbelievable")
- Playing War Thunder and World of Warships
- Playing Mahjong with my friends (not Windows Mahjong, Mahjong Riichi (the true))
- Learning Japanese
- Doing Scantrad in French
- Recording and mounting video for my Youtube Channel
- Reading Manga
- Watching Anime
- Listening Music (Metal, Vocaloid, House, OST, OP, EN, and classical)
- Practicing archery and ïaido

blasterion
07-24-2015, 12:42 PM
-Kancolle
-WoWS
-Anime
-Manga

A shocker eh?

SenkanRuki
08-06-2015, 10:40 PM
-Kancolle
-League of Legends
Tumblr
-Play with my band (when we can hahah)
-Watch anime
-My dog

Very productive :3

Joker
10-21-2015, 02:59 PM
playing LoL, but that time has already pass since my server is too damn high latency and too damn many toxic people
other than that listening to some J-pop

study i guess?

- - - Updated - - -

oh and watching some old starcraft competitions ~

Flamestar
10-21-2015, 03:48 PM
-Anime
-Manga
-KanColle
-Music (Classic Rock, J-Pop and J-Rock)
-Gaming (Mostly BF4)
-Posting videos weekly on my YouTube channel