PDA

View Full Version : MVP Determination

iamablocker
09-02-2014, 11:46 AM
How is the MVP of each battle determined?

I tried looking into the wiki but I can't find any quick info in regards to this.

Also asking how MVP is determined with a ship with a pre-battle strike (CV/Ls, CA/BBVs, SS, CLTs, AVs) in the fleet as well.

OVB
09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
afaik the MVP is the ship that dealt the most damage on a battle. About any kind of preempive strike, air or torpedo, it is the same.

Take a look at the wikia's combat page (http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Combat) so you can understand the preemptive strikes well.

chronomeister
09-02-2014, 12:31 PM
With the preemptive strike, the server calculates everyone's individual damage, which phase they do it, and which ship they target. When the game gets it, it combines all the numbers to just the show how much was damage was done to each ship.

Additionally in PvP, they can do more damage than the ship has HP but will truncate the damage to just 1 remaining HP. So even if one of your ship deals 18 damage to a ship in PvP that has 20 HP, if the next ship was rolled to do 20 damage, it will show only 1 damage (for 1 HP = 20 - 18 - 1). If this was the entire PvP battle the latter would get the MVP despite only doing "1" damage because it did 20 damage compared to 18.

So when the game asks for the battle results, the server has a record of all the damage done and gives the game the combined totals and who was MVP. I believe in ties it goes to the first in order of ship position but I haven't checked and it's difficult to check.

Edit: I can math real good.

Teatree
09-02-2014, 01:05 PM
From my experience , Total Damage is main factor.
It was sad when CV who shot down 2 enemy ships couldn't get MVP because stupid BB shot down a enemy DD with the highest damage.