PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious Sister Flagship beliefs :D

Acchan
09-12-2014, 11:46 AM
My past experiences with Kongou

Summer E-3 :
Kongou as Flagship and Hiei Boss Support Node.

Previously i had Haruna as Flag but the Support node did little to no damage (only sink 1 CL/DD) but after i changed it to Kongou(for the last kill), Hiei's support @ the boss node hit 5/6 of enemy's ships and sank 2 or 3 of them.

PvP :
Whenever Kongou gets Med damage, Hiei will either 1 shot the ship that shot Kongou or heavily damage it.

World 2-3 grind with my CAs
Tone as Flagship.

Chikuma literally block every single shot that is suppose to hit Tone.

Come and share your siscon experiences xD

Chihayasaur
09-12-2014, 11:49 AM
In PVP my Myoukou will shoot at her sisters, always.

tankhedgehog
09-12-2014, 07:13 PM
It's not for any silly superstitious reason, but I always sortie Takao and Atago together. Always.

KitsuneSama
09-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Sortie'ing Yukikaze and Tokitsukaze together, they seem to dodge hits a lot more and also Tokitsukaze seems to deal decent damage only when she's with Yukikaze, she utterly destroys battleships etc in NB when she's with Yukikaze and her near 100% cut in

kyurin
09-12-2014, 07:26 PM
It's not for any silly superstitious reason, but I always sortie Takao and Atago together. Always.

Same, except with SuzuKuma. I also like having Maya and Choukai, Samidare and Suzukaze together on sorties, though I use them separately too. SuzuKuma however, either both or none.

Seravee
09-12-2014, 07:28 PM
I pair Chitose and Chiyoda together all the time, they have a habit of leaving nothing in the middle of an airstrike (that crit dmg ><)

Tea
09-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Every time I send Mutsu in PVP against Nagato, Nagato crits her. #ladykiller (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=ladykiller)

S.Razelrink
09-12-2014, 07:44 PM
whenever shimakaze is in my fleet, suddenly all enemy ships will target her and 99% of the time, she won't evade it (despite being level 99 with 99 evasion)

nihbrin
09-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Whenever I put only one of the FastBB sisters alone in my fleet I think she drops down faster.
Whenever I put Shimakaze in my fleet she drops first. It's like she tries to catch the projectiles for other girls.
I don't like to put Kaga and Akagi together. I'm jelly.
I also tend to not put Fusou and Yamashiro unless I'm serious. They are my last resort charms. If I use them both then shit gets down for sure. Or not.
They are not sisters but I have a thing about Tone & Haguro combo. They are my lucky charms.

FireKiller87
09-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Isuzu is my flagship in every sortie and PvP battle unless I'm grinding other ships up to speed or am fawning over another cute ship that I want to induct into my exclusive ship dormitories so Isuzu can have friends. No exceptions.
Aside from Natori way back when I was a new admiral(and she was not flagship as far as I remember), I have never used another Nagara-class Light Cruiser as part of my primary fleet.

Hatsushimo
09-12-2014, 09:52 PM
This isn't exactly sister-related, I'm sorry. But since we're talking superstition (and because it's rumoured that she and her planes are connected to the map at hand)...

Summer E-2's boss really, really hated RJ (my second-favourite and second-highest levelled ship). She Taiha'd her in the beginning of 3/8 of my S-Clears of the stage. Even after she was down for the count, Hoppouchan would keep firing at RJ into the night with disturbing preference. The weirdest thing was that most of my E-2 drops were also Ryuujou...o~o; It's all RNG, certainly, but it was very, very weird (though fortunate, because we were typically at full strength for the night battle because of her apparent grudge against my CVL).

Hynaio
09-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Having the sister as flagship when trying to craft a certain Kanmusu seems to help.
Prime exemple: Akagi flag and you'll get Kaga.

Hatsushimo
09-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Hynaio I do that too when possible, though I'm pretty sure it was also rumoured somewhere that it actually helps (if you ask me, it's only the ship type that has any significant impact, but I haven't constructed nearly enough to say for sure).

voltampirs
09-12-2014, 10:52 PM
In my current PvP fleet, Yamashiro tends to shield Fusou a lot then counter hard either one-hitting them or just leaving enough for Fusou to finish off. And in the past event, Hiyou and Junyou will sometimes target the same enemy if either one of them failed to kill it in the first attack. Not sister related but I noticed in PvP that my shipgirls (specially my CVs) tend to attack their clone first if the other fleet has one.

AkiyamaMio
09-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that there really is a hidden modifier of the kind, though I don't really remember such tendencies. It's probably because I shift around too often to notice such things..

I do follow the Law of Sister Ships Sortie in Pairs when possible, largely for the aesthetics if not occult. But there are some tough points to consider... who should the Beaver sortie with, the Puppy, the Kitten or the Rabbit? And the Sendais and Kumas come in odd numbers. *facepalm*

Observer 39
09-12-2014, 11:56 PM
I try to sortie with sister ships whenever possible. If Kitakami's deploying, so is Ooi. Yamashiro will follow Fusou.

All my expeditions tend to be done by set groups (ie. Expedition 9 will always use Tenryuu, Akatsuki, Ikazuchi, and Inazuma.). It's become a force of habit.

Sometimes I pair ships with a theme: Haguro Kai Ni and Jintsuu Kai Ni (Nervous to confident), Kaga and Unryuu (Stoic and quiet), Ayanami Kai Ni and Yuudachi Kai Ni (Demon and Nightmare), to name a few. I've actually been brainstorming themed fleets since I first started playing. It's a fun challenge to try and clear maps with them.

Acchan
09-13-2014, 03:08 AM
Hopefully there is a secret mechanics or the developers can add some sort of sisters buff, don't need to be a OP buff but it could be something like +4 FP/ +6 evasion/ +2 Armor etc.

AkiyamaMio
09-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Observer 39

Unryuu definitely needs to pair with Ryuujou at least for now since we don't have Amagi and Katsuragi. Not only they're similar in the ways they perform (unbalanced slots, high base FP, perfect ships to load Maintenance Personnel, etc), you can also imagine the RJ in distress standing next to Unryuu.

Acchan

Something like a cut-in effect of a sister covering the flagship would be totally awesome even if it's purely cosmetic. I don't think FP or other bonuses are going to be practical, it's not like they sudenly get better guns... but a raised cut-in chance (even if it's like 2%) would be cool. (But then, too many Kagerous and Mutsukis etc; maybe they should go by divisions instead of just being sisters...)

Aikami
09-13-2014, 03:35 AM
I always have Suzuya and Kumano together, I got so mad when Kumano stole MVP that one time, now she has a bit more exp than Suzuya, which I totally have to fix someday.

And although they are not sisters I also ALWAYS sortie with Souryuu and Hiryuu together.

There is also this weird thing with Kirishima, it's something I have tested for more than one week, when we face Haruna at PvP, Kirishima WILL crit her, seriously no exception.

I also like to believe, although it doesn't always go well, pairing two ships that go along well together will boost their performance, for example: Shimakaze and Yuubari, the fastest ship and a "slow" ship; Kirishima and Yuudachi, two girls that can turn into badass brawlers if things get serious

I don't have Urakaze and Zuikaku yet, but once I get them I would put Urakaze and Kongou together, because they are kinda like Kouhai and Senpai, this time they will protect eachother hopefully..., but for now Kongou sorties with Kirishima a lot.

And Zuikaku will get paired up with Kaga, their rivalry might make them want to outperform eachother.
I might pair Zuikaku with Shoukaku too for obvious reasons, although my headcanon says Shoukaku ships Zuikaga just like me.

People usually sortie KTKM and Ooi together, but I would put KTKM with Abukuma, but I never really use any of them.

In the future, I might pair up Yuudachi with Harusame too, but right now Yuudachi always sorties together with Shigure they are the same level and everything I don't really want to change that.

Observer 39
09-13-2014, 03:46 AM
AkiyamaMio I have paired them together on occasion. The image in my head of them side-by-side is rather comedic, considering the usual fan depictions of poor Ryuujou. One of the reasons she's one of my favorite ships in-game.

Knowing the history of the ships behind the girls certainly help to fit pairings together. Should read up more about them...

Acchan
09-13-2014, 05:13 AM
AkiyamaMio Well, if the buff is from a battleship combo then it wouldn't matter much as BBs already have enough FP to hit the cap xD.

Requirements : 2 BB/FBB
+2 FP to all ships

4 BB/FBB
+4 FP to all ships

6BB/FBB
+6 FP to all ships

2 DD/CL
+ 2 evasion

4DD/CL
+4 evasion + 2 ASW

6DD/CL
+6 evasion + 4 ASW

2 CVL/CV
+ 2 AA

4 CVL/CV
+4 AA + 2 Accuracy

6 CVL/CV
+6 AA + 4 Accuracy

Something like that, the stats boosts will go over the cap but it would be minor enough to not break the game. Since the enemies/maps are getting harder and harder, so it may be a good chance to add in this mechanic.

Super_Dreadnought
09-14-2014, 04:42 AM
I have a habit of sortieing sisters together, unless branching rules prevent that. Not because of superstitions, but because I like symmetry.

So Nagato and Mutsu are always together. Chiyo/Chito are always together. whenever 4BB 2CV is an required it's always all four Kongou sisters which sortie. Hiyou and Junyou were always together until Junyo kai ni screwed up the balance. etc.

Leyana
09-15-2014, 12:53 AM
During E1 and E2 I was running Ise and Fusou in my main fleet (E2 just for the first 10 attempts) and Hyuuga and Yamashiro in the support fleet. The support fleet managed to wipe 3/6 ships with regularity.

Acchan
09-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Need more siscon stuff!

selenphr
09-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Need more siscon stuff!

I hope this helps.

My Hibiki always spaces out( i.e misses, and gets hit) when I place her near Inazuma/ Akatsuki, gets worse if I sandwich her between them. Ugh stop flirting with them Hibikins!!! If this goes on your kai ni is gonna end up as a new years resolution.

And in PVP Hiei will usually eat the full critical of Buuuurrrniiiinnggggg Looooveeee from her Onesama.

MagnAvaloN
09-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Kitakami Kai Ni & Ooi Kai Ni are the prime examples of this in my fleet, I guess. I have become more flexible when it comes to placing sister ships together now, though.

Meanwhile, the Akatsuki-class sisters are most of the time scattered, unlike my Asashio-class or Mutsuki-class sisters which are usually together most of the time.

Zanaduz
09-21-2014, 05:58 PM
I follow this rule intermittently -- I *tend* to pair sisters together, but I don't ironclad said preferences for most cases...

Ships I will tend to pair up always:
Hayashimo and Kiyoshimo (I got them together during AL/MI, and they seem to like being together, as they've stayed essentially identical EXP-wise [although they don't get out much. They're only level 20])
Chitose and Chiyoda (of course the seaplane tender -> CVL sisters stay together)
Tone and Chikuma (Tone-sister powers, activate!)
Ikazuchi and Plasma Inazuma (Ikazuchi serves as the reset button for Inazuma when she goes Plasma mode...)
Yuudachi and Shigure (the faithful hound and the fearsome hound...)
Souryuu and Hiryuu (admittedly not as true lately, as Hiryuu's been hanging out with Taihou a lot to grind up levels to catch up to the other CVs I have -- but when I need more than just Taihou and Hiryuu, Souryuu is usually the first to step in...)

Not an exhaustive list above, but point is that I do pair sisters up together (if nothing else for aesthetic reasons....), but usually only if the situation and fleet rotations allow.