PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous ship sinking

chronomeister
09-23-2014, 11:47 PM
So, being the kuso inquisitive keitoku I am, I was redlining a couple of my ships one day and thought, "I wonder what happens if more than one ship sinks at one time. I mean, when they get damaged they all show up at once. What happens if they sink instead?"

And so it began. The original plan was to take some DD drops from 1-1 sparkle runs, rough them up a bit, then go to a place where either I can 1) get multiple hits from the opening aerial phase or 2) multiple hits from a torp phase. This ruled out everyone's favorite place to damage ships of 5-3 because it's all staggered attacks. I needed all at once. The other tricky part was finding a place that I could reliably fulfill the conditions I came up with two options. First was the 5-5 first node. re class plus a CVL would fulfill the aerial phase conditions. The back up plan if it didn't turn out as well was to flagship a sub and hit up 3-3 where there was a possibility of a CA messing one up but otherwise looked solid for the torp phase.

With a recent string of failed LSC attempts to get a musashi, I had a lot of extra BBs lying around. I don't really need the mod materials and scrapping them felt hollow for the amount it took to get them. So, why not sink them? Now I had ships available and a plan. So I had each of them go to 5-3 to get low HP. After they all had done that, I took a CV loaded it with non-fighters and headed to the first node of 1-1 retreating each time. This both reduced their ammo/fuel and bumped their fatigue down to red for worse evasion. Then it was off to 5-5 to see how it goes.

List of ships:
orange shoukaku as flag, Yahagi, Nagato, mutsu, kongou, haruna

The bloodbath, not for the faint of heart:

http://youtu.be/yx6TVJBahBU

Results:
Yeah they sink one at a time so you can hear their sinking lines. And now I should feel bad.

So if you guys ever wonder the same thing but aren't as heartless as me at sinking ship, there's you answer.

Leyana
09-23-2014, 11:52 PM
>Yahagi
>Kongou
>Haruna

You monster.

Lumiere Eblouissante
09-23-2014, 11:53 PM
It broke my heart when I saw Kongou sink -_-

Kalinsre
09-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Spare Yahagi. Not sure if I would do the same.

But gj I guess.

ScarletSoul
09-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Your contributions to Ship-Girl science have been recognized and accepted. Please stand by for the lynch mob to arrive in a few minutes and remember; you may be a monster now, but years from now you will be remembered as a person who did what had to be done for the progress of !science.

Taihou
09-23-2014, 11:57 PM
448 damage cut-in on Nagato from Re
now you know what you are dealing with, my friends

A bit sad for Yahagi, cause she refuses to show up. But good job.

Harpy
09-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Technically you could have done this with damcons too you know.... No ships needed to be hurt in the name of science! Just your bank account

Kalinsre
09-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Harpy But damecon have actual uses in terms of gameplay. Duplicate ships don't.

AkiyamaMio
09-24-2014, 12:26 AM
長門型の装甲はたてではなかった。The armor of the Nagato class wasn't just for a show.

Interesting but unfortunately not new. You just proved an obvious fact that you could have multiple ships damaged at the same time.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
09-24-2014, 12:31 AM
>sees Mutsu sinking

YOU MONSTER!!!!

I'LL KEEL U!!!!

Leyana
09-24-2014, 12:35 AM
^The lynch mob has arrived.

Marius
09-24-2014, 12:58 AM
paging Obama for airstrikes, we got a priority target

KazeNoTama
09-24-2014, 01:02 AM
"I am mad scientist, sunuvabitch."
It's for science, you must sacrifice.

chuwenhsuan
09-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Haven't at least a dozen people tested this already? I feel that people don't really care about their ships thinking on this forum, which I find really strange.

Whatever, everyone can play the game however they want I guess.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
09-24-2014, 01:48 AM
I already know this first-hand.

During the last Summer event, at E-6, I entered the boss node with both Junyou and Shouhou at red.
Both sunk at the same time at the opening airstrike. They said their sinking lines in sequence to their arrangement in the fleet.

BTW I have damecon equipped to them, so they're both OK

HaganeNoKaze
09-24-2014, 02:02 AM
chronomeister Wow Dude, did you work into Japanese Unit 731 ? (for those who could be sensitive and don't know what is it, don't read ! It's really hard)

Well, science could only advance with some sacrifices... but... what ? Kongou ? Haruna ? Mutsu ? Yahagi ?! *_* Dude, it is even worse than heartless, it's just demonic !

Thank for the experience btw !

KazeNoTama
09-24-2014, 02:02 AM
Nagato tried so hard to survive

Glasses
09-24-2014, 02:14 AM
*Thumbs up*
Gj bro

Hatsushimo
09-24-2014, 04:24 AM
What's up with people who willingly sink a bunch of ships putting Shoukaku as flag? I remember the Japanese player who basically sank his entire navy (we're talking everything...not even Sakawa and Shioi survived) also had her in the lead position. And consistently, even as he got to the likes of random expedition DDs.

...Incidentally, I also saw a Hatsushimo flag for an experiment similar to yours. Maybe it has something to do with being ships known for ill fortune (Hatsushimo is seen as such in Japanese community, and Shoukaku obviously needs no introduction).

ofi123
09-24-2014, 04:35 AM
I guessed right. Nagato did survived the initial strike like in crossroads. AHAHAHAHA.

But I didn't expect her to survive the day shelling AND the torpedo phrase. She's truly worthy of the Big 7 title.

She only got sunk when she got NUKED by Re-chan. Like crossroads again got hit by a nuke. Lol.

-Nagato earned 1 ttk point-

Zylphe
09-24-2014, 04:43 AM
I only came to read the conclusion but can't stop smirking at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. They were duplicate BBs, sure, but BBs, man.

Acchan
09-24-2014, 06:47 AM
I demand OP to finish Hiei's curry.

Blizzie
09-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Is it bad that I had the biggest smile when four of them sunk on the opening air strike? ヽ(゚〇゚)ノ

Nayth
09-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Elegance : Lol, I smiled too, maybe we're a sadist ¬ ¬

iDuane
09-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Hey guis, he did ti for science. Ripperoni pepperoni

MagnAvaloN
09-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Something broke inside when I am watching this...

Argho
09-24-2014, 03:11 PM
I can understand sinking DDs, they are basically just asking for that, but BB? Even if spare. You have to be a mad, mad man.

Here, torture your conscience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_tFZd7k24

kyurin
09-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Sinking BBs is less acceptable than sinking DDs? DDs are doing their best too :<

fireboy0526
09-24-2014, 04:42 PM
This really hurt, at least for me >.> but seriously...why all the high level ships?

Nozomi
09-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Sinking BBs is less acceptable than sinking DDs? DDs are doing their best too :<

Yeah, save the lolis!
That poor Yahagi :(

Burningluv
09-25-2014, 04:39 AM
you monster .....you monster..........

ofi123
09-25-2014, 04:45 AM
This really hurt, at least for me >.> but seriously...why all the high level ships?

They're all single digit lvl other than the unsinkable flagship.

nanoha
09-25-2014, 05:51 AM
It made me cry hearing their sinking lines.

But you made me rage when you pressed continue to night battle. NAGATO was doing her best to survive you SOB. :< You are sick..

I was praying for all the day shelling to miss her you sicko.

I was praying for the torpedoes miss her you sicko.

But all of those was a lost cause the moment you continued to night battle you sicko.

At the very least, Nagato deserves to live after her efforts to survive you sick fckng bstrd.

tsukishima
09-25-2014, 06:22 AM
oh so this is what you were talking about.

welp.

S.Razelrink
09-25-2014, 09:47 AM
i would upvote you for your contributions, but at the same time downvote you for the tasteless methods :'(