PDA

View Full Version : Blogger

Saya
03-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Recently, I've been thinking that Himeuta is lacking some fresh content, as it's pure forum based. I've been interested in getting a blog software out with maybe new posts and such and cross-post with vBulletin... what do you guys think?

More ideas and suggestions are welcome regarding topics, etc.

artificial
03-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Status updates were a nice addition to the forum, it kinda expands on the user experience in the forums. It's a neat way of letting users share simple thoughts with the rest of the userbase.

Blogs however, I'm not sure if it can fit well in here. If I had something to share and update continually, I think I'm better off creating a thread and discussing the matter with the users in here.

Kalinsre
03-05-2015, 06:15 PM
artificial I think she means hiring a specific writer to do the blogging instead of opening it up to all users, but I still agree with you. Either way, it feels out of place and unnecessay for a forum.

chronomeister
03-05-2015, 06:54 PM
But then I might feel the need to do a full patch notes post instead of just handing off images and stats to someone else. Or worse you'll tell me to do it anyway instead of me doing it on my own.

Then I might have to *le gasp* do work.

Saya
03-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Forum + blog combo is not a new or a rare thing. It has been done several times by other people. I feel that fresh content IS necessary, but it definitely does not have to be via blog.

Ryuuhou Kagiyama
03-05-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm not really sure I see what a blog offers that can't be done in a thread. More content is good but I'm not sure if blogs are the way to go.

HaganeNoKaze
03-05-2015, 08:47 PM
News content would be welcome, even if, as Artificial said, it probably won't fit with this forum. Due to the nature of the infos posted here, and already well followed through some dedicated thread/sub forum.

Thinking about our community, there is lot of fanfic writers, or drawers there, opening a sub forum, or permit them to put in highlights their stuff could be welcome. Not sure if i could be understand !

O. Van Bruce
03-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Anything that can be done to improve optimization and performance. We don't really want the same that happened during last event to repeat. That includes making the forum more visible and getting more income from ads and such which can be used to get a better service from your host.

Just saying.

Admiral Reimu
03-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Forum + blog combo is not a new or a rare thing. It has been done several times by other people. I feel that fresh content IS necessary, but it definitely does not have to be via blog.
Beast's Lair is the first one that comes to my mind.
From what i can see, the blog is an opportunity to learn more about the daily lives of our members, and that is interesting, because it promotes the interaction among the members of this community.

[...] making the forum more visible and getting more income from ads and such which can be used to get a better service from your host.[...]
Utmost priority.