PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Access DMM at its simplest

Neru
06-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Playing DMM online games requires a single cookie. This cookie is automatically created if you access the site using an IP located in Japan, be it by actually being there or using a VPN. Otherwise it has to be manually created. This guide explains how to do so in any standard browser and without involving any third party.

1. Open the DMM log in page.

2. Open the javascript console on this page. This can be done pressing ctrl+shift+j in most browsers.

3. Adjust the expiration and place the code below in the console.

document.cookie="ckcy=1;expires=1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC;domain=www.dmm.com;path=/netgame/"
Ensure the date is in the correct format and real. Access is granted until the date chosen, be it a minute or several hundred years, provided the cookie created is not deleted. Once done, press enter in the console.

4. Change the DMM page to Japanese and log in.

..and that's all!

If already logged in, doing steps 2 to 3 on any DMM page should have the same effect if the page is in Japanese.

This guide is intentionally short and simple as I itend it to be idiot-proof. However, when you make something idiot-proof, someone shall make a better idiot. Other than that, it gives one full control and insight as to exactly what is being done in order to access that the site

Laforet
06-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the post. I have always wanted to write a guide on this topic as well but you have made the scoop.

To provide some context the original guide (I think dragonjet came up with it first in early 2014 - correct me if I am wrong) called for 4 lines of code to be used:

Source: Tutorial: Proxy Connection - Kancolle Wiki (http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Proxy_Connection)

document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=osapi.dmm.com;path=/";
document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=203.104.209.7;path=/";
document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=log-netgame.dmm.com;path=/";
document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=www.dmm.com;path=/netgame/";

Back then there was a lot of uncertainty what DMM is going to do with people using this workaround, hence the original work had a lot of redundancies built into it just to be safe. Now we are quite certain that only the last time is essential to get it working as you suggested and it is indeed safe.

The only thing I might add is that a lot of the payment options (including WebMoney) is hidden unless you apply the cookie change to their payment portal using the following:

document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=point.dmm.com;path=/";

dragonjet
11-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Laforet the cookie method was already there when I started kancolle march 2014. didn't know who originally came up with it though. from then on we just followed it. I also referenced your post in the FAQ on the wikia for point.dmm.com

Laforet
11-21-2015, 12:33 AM
dragonjet

Thanks, for some reason I have always attributed the cookie method to you.

KC3 seems to use a wildcard cookie that apparently doesn't work for the domain point.dmm.com - I still had to manually add this line to be able to use PayPal. Perhaps this could be added in the next update?

dragonjet
11-21-2015, 01:58 AM
KC3 seems to use a wildcard cookie that apparently doesn't work for the domain point.dmm.com - I still had to manually add this line to be able to use PayPal. Perhaps this could be added in the next update?

hm, sure we can add this, I'll note on github :+1: