PDA

View Full Version : Practice Bug?

WDForty
06-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Just wondering if this happens to anyone else at all?

I've had it happen several times where the fleet i'm fighing in Practice mode and one of their ships gets one hit for almost everything, but at left with 1hp. From then on, their ship is still targeted, but it seems like no one ever does dmg as they are treated as defeated or something.

For example, went up against a fleet of 3 subs, and I sent all destroyers and cruisers, they were all at 1hp (defeated) but one of them kept getting targeted and shot at. Then at the end I only got an A dispite defeating/"sinking" all 3 of the subs.

HydraGoliath
06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Just wondering if this happens to anyone else at all?

I've had it happen several times where the fleet i'm fighing in Practice mode and one of their ships gets one hit for almost everything, but at left with 1hp. From then on, their ship is still targeted, but it seems like no one ever does dmg as they are treated as defeated or something.

For example, went up against a fleet of 3 subs, and I sent all destroyers and cruisers, they were all at 1hp (defeated) but one of them kept getting targeted and shot at. Then at the end I only got an A dispite defeating/"sinking" all 3 of the subs.

This bug has been around forever. It's most likely due to damage and hp not hitting for whole numbers in PvP and ships surviving with like 1.3 HP.

Saya
06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
HydraGoliath That's not exactly it. You have to technically still hit an enemy ship to 0 in order to "sink" them. But you hit them to 1, and you did subsequent misses so you couldn't sink it.

Kalinsre
06-01-2014, 08:14 PM
You have to kill the entire HP to really kill the ships. 0 and 1 are both displayed as 1 in practice.

S.Razelrink
06-02-2014, 06:07 AM
as noted above, shipgirls are left in 1HP in practice mode probably because the developers wanted to keep the 'realism' in not sinking your practice partners during a 'practice session', so you'll always see 1HP shipgirls, but whether they're really on 1HP or actually 'sunk' on 1HP isn't obvious until they're no longer targeted by your shipgirls.

in short, you were probably reaaaally unlucky with that one last 1HP submarine and kept missing!

Leyana
06-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Also something to note, it gets really funny with ships at 1hp in practice. Because all damage dealt to them will display as 'miss'. So you won't know if you're dealing any damage at all. You could very well have sunk them after the shot but you won't know until they shoot back or your ships try to shoot them.

AbsoluteScumbag
06-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Also something to note, it gets really funny with ships at 1hp in practice. Because all damage dealt to them will display as 'miss'. So you won't know if you're dealing any damage at all. You could very well have sunk them after the shot but you won't know until they shoot back or your ships try to shoot them.

Actually you can tell.

A "miss" that does damage will have a different sound than an actual miss.

Leyana
06-02-2014, 06:38 AM
I haven't turned on sound except for voices since... forever. So I did not know that. :D

S.Razelrink
06-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Actually you can tell.

A "miss" that does damage will have a different sound than an actual miss.

though, the sound for doing 'scratch damage' and a complete miss is the same from memory!

AbsoluteScumbag
06-02-2014, 06:49 AM
S.Razelrink

Actually it sounds more like your regular damaging hit, providing that said target is technically "sunk" following an attack.

S.Razelrink
06-02-2014, 07:28 AM
S.Razelrink

Actually it sounds more like your regular damaging hit, providing that said target is technically "sunk" following an attack.

I guess I'll find out for sure the next time I get down to a 1HP submarine in PVP!