PDA

View Full Version : Panda's Fleet Level Feedback Thread

panda
06-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I had a feeling that there really weren't any threads to discuss this in, so I decided to make this.

For context, I'm currently Lv 81, and have cleared everything (including extra maps) up until 5-3, which I'm currently working on. I started playing around the end of the last event.

This (http://imgur.com/a/FKqQ2) is a link to an imgur album of all of my ships that are above lv 1.

It seems that considering that my highest level ship, Kaga, is 72, I'm kinda underleveled. I'm not sure if this is because I've leveled my ships more evenly than normal, or because until recently, I've focused a lot on clearing the maps, instead of grinding. I'm pretty sure that it's not a result of 1-5 clears, as I didn't actually do that intense of boss node grinding there. I have done a lot of sub runs for dailies, although I don't think that'd run up my level that much, not to mention, that leveled the subs that I was running.

I'd be interested in any advice y'all might have on whether I should grind certain specific ships more, or something of that sort.

Thanks in advance!

Kuropo
06-02-2014, 11:41 PM
At around HQ level 80, I was in a somewhat similar position as you are in now. I did have two Kongou sisters (Kongou & Kirishima) remodeled to Kai Ni, but other ships (other than CLTs) were quite underleveled.

There is not much advise I can give you.
If you want to "catch up" leveling your ships, you should do your exercise matches and avoid boss fights.
Other than that, focus on a select few of your ships, instead of "spreading your love".

It is good to see that you have a level 69 Mogami. Since the new recon mechanics, CAVs now have a more important role in the game. Besides, regular CAs and CAVs have become somewhat stronger as well. Until recently, many of my CAs were heavily underleveled. At HQ level 90, I only had one CA above level 60 (Kinugasa Kai Ni). And even until last week, my only CAV was a level 12 Mogami at HQ level 100.
With that said though, clearing all the maps, except 3-2 and 5-3 (and now 5-5), was a breeze for me. I think that with the new recon mechanics, clearing most of the maps have become even easier than before. Although, you now actually have unlocked almost all maps. In this case, you should not even be fretting so much about it. You have opened the doors to the grind maps (3-2-A, 4-1, 4-2, 4-3).

The only real disadvantages of having "underleveled" ships are possible struggles in the special operation and event maps, and exercise matches being struggles as well, if not impossible. After weeks of 1-5 grinds, my HQ level was bloated. As a result, I would often lose 2 out of the 5 listed exercise matches. At some point, I began leveling my ships in 3-2-A and later in 4-1. Exercise matches became easier for me and I was finally able to clear the exercise quests every day. Currently, I still believe that my ships are somewhat underleveled, but I am able to consistently win all of my exercise matches every update.

I attempted to illustrate your problem from my own point of view/experience and show you why you should not be too worried about it. If you are, then you know what should be doing! :O

Little Big Kuma
06-02-2014, 11:43 PM
There isn't much to say about your fleet as they are pretty even and well rounded for your current HQ level imo, which is a good thing (you don't see that very often among new players.)

I'd say slowly work towards the following as you climb towards the Lv.100 gate, prioritize as you see fit:

- All Kongou sisters to medium-high level, these will be your main force for grinding and medium level map clearing purposes
- At least 1 slow BB, namely your Mutsu, to high level. You never know when you'll need her for mixed speed fleet maps like Spring E5
- 3 CV, especially Kaga
- 2 CLT
- 3~4 DD of your choice for combat purposes, again, you never know. Spring E4 stumped many players with its unexpected 4+ DD branching requirement.
- 2 CA and 2 CAV, good firepower alternatives when you don't need more than 1 BB, and in case you ever need to fight through night battle nodes
- 2 CVL, I recommend Chito/Chiyo or Hiyou/Junyou. RJ works too but she's a helluva magikarp to grind to Kai 2.
- 2 CL, Jintsuu in particular, and maybe Yuubari if you fancy her slots
- 2 BBV
- SS... but they don't really need leveling attention if you'd been grinding dailies with them

- Last but not least, 1CL 5 DD that are Lv.35+, where at least one of them is Lv.50 or Lv.65, to run Tokyo Express expeditions (very valuable source of ammo and steel)

This should give you a balanced fleet to deal with anything the devs throw at you.

Leyana
06-02-2014, 11:48 PM
As long as you're regularly winning in exercises, your ships are of a good enough level.

You've also got a variety of ship types at high levels so you're fine. When I was your level all I had was a bunch of super high level BBs, CVs and CLTs. Normal play was fine but the Spring Event was painful.

Kurogane
06-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Grind BB and CVs if you need dat fiahpowah. Otherwise, level any ship you like, really.

http://i.imgur.com/l6aBjGx.jpg

This is my fleet. As you can see, they're somewhat higher leveled compared to your ships, and I'm only at HQ level 65. However, I have absolutely no variety at all. I can make do with this mostly because I value power over absolutely everything else and I give zero fucks about resource consumption. I don't even do anything special like 3-2-1. The exp mostly comes from exercises.

ITT: Do whatever suits your playstyle. This game isn't super srs PvP like Pokemon.

panda
06-02-2014, 11:58 PM
@Kuropo (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/member.php?u=40)

I see, I really don't care too much about winning PvP, but also haven't really had too much trouble, since I'm generally able to use subs against really crazy fleets, or other sorts of counters, but I'm definitely concerned about event maps. Anyway, addressing Mogami, you should know that I'd prioritize keeping her at as high of a level as possible. She's Mogami, after all!

@Little Big Kuma (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/member.php?u=877)
I see. I'll either give Mutsu more attention soon, or perhaps see if I can get Hotel Yamato through LSC. Hopefully, I can get one of those two rare CV, considering I've only got the 1st and 2nd division CV's at the moment. I'll need to work on giving my CL's more love at some point too.

@Leyana (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/member.php?u=29)
I see, thanks, I'm a little less worried then.

@Kurogane (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/member.php?u=291)
Yeah, I like how this game doesn't have a major competitive PvP element. That sort of element tends to turn me off. Addressing Pokemon, I never did end up breeding for IV's and fully leveling and EV training my team for X and Y...

Thanks, y'all!

Kuropo
06-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Grind BB and CVs if you need dat fiahpowah. Otherwise, level any ship you like, really.

This is my fleet. As you can see, they're somewhat higher leveled compared to your ships, and I'm only at HQ level 65. However, I have absolutely no variety at all. I can make do with this mostly because I value power over absolutely everything else and I give zero fucks about resource consumption. I don't even do anything special like 3-2-1. The exp mostly comes from exercises.

ITT: Do whatever suits your playstyle. This game isn't super srs PvP like Pokemon.

Actually, it somewhat matters what ships you level, especially for event maps.
As for resource consumption, it mainly depends on how active of a player you are (other factors being expeditions, fleet composition, repairs, crafting). For a very active player (I consider myself to be one), efficiency should actually be one of the top priorities.

Many players (me included) would probably agree on the recommendations (which I forgot) Little Big Kuma gave. I think for now, you should mainly be focusing on grinding your Kongou sisters alongside your CVs. Often times, they are the backbone of your fleet.

panda
06-03-2014, 12:12 AM
I think for now, you should mainly be focusing on grinding you Kongou sisters alongside your CVs. Often times, they are the backbone of your fleet.
I see. I'm grinding Kirishima up currently for a searchlight, so I guess that'll be killing two birds with one stone.

But... Ryuujou... stop... taking... MVP.... from Kirishima...

http://i.imgur.com/jGrVfCP.png

Kuropo
06-03-2014, 12:15 AM
I see. I'm grinding Kirishima up currently for a searchlight, so I guess that'll be killing two birds with one stone.

But... Ryuujou... stop... taking... MVP.... from Kirishima...

If you do not own a Sanshiki, you might grind Hiei as well. Her Kai Ni comes with a Sanshiki.
Kirishima was my second BB to get the "Kai Ni treatment" for the same reason as you. (Kongou first, because Kongou <3)

And please, every time I see that picture I become somewhat sad.. :/

panda
06-03-2014, 12:19 AM
If you do not own a Sanshiki, you might grind Hiei as well. Her Kai Ni comes with a Sanshiki.
Kirishima was my second BB to get the "Kai Ni treatment" for the same reason as you. (Kongou first, because Kongou <3)

And please, every time I see that picture I become somewhat sad.. :/
I should probably expand my album of Ryuuyou pics. I've currently got one Sanshiki, although I probably should get more at some point... Perhaps this one would work better?

http://i.imgur.com/P9Z6Ax2.png

Saya
06-03-2014, 12:20 AM
There isn't much to say about your fleet as they are pretty even and well rounded for your current HQ level imo, which is a good thing (you don't see that very often among new players.)

I'd say slowly work towards the following as you climb towards the Lv.100 gate, prioritize as you see fit:

- All Kongou sisters to medium-high level, these will be your main force for grinding and medium level map clearing purposes
- At least 1 slow BB, namely your Mutsu, to high level. You never know when you'll need her for mixed speed fleet maps like Spring E5
- 3 CV, especially Kaga
- 2 CLT
- 3~4 DD of your choice for combat purposes, again, you never know. Spring E4 stumped many players with its unexpected 4+ DD branching requirement.
- 2 CA and 2 CAV, good firepower alternatives when you don't need more than 1 BB, and in case you ever need to fight through night battle nodes
- 2 CVL, I recommend Chito/Chiyo or Hiyou/Junyou. RJ works too but she's a helluva magikarp to grind to Kai 2.
- 2 CL, Jintsuu in particular, and maybe Yuubari if you fancy her slots
- 2 BBV
- SS... but they don't really need leveling attention if you'd been grinding dailies with them

- Last but not least, 1CL 5 DD that are Lv.35+, where at least one of them is Lv.50 or Lv.65, to run Tokyo Express expeditions (very valuable source of ammo and steel)

This should give you a balanced fleet to deal with anything the devs throw at you.

This is actually a good checklist of what ships that need leveling. All of these things have been prominent at one point or another. It's very important to level all of these eventually. WHAT you decide to level from that class is up to you, although some are better than others.

KazeNoTama
06-03-2014, 01:13 AM

This is the spirit. My pvp fleet is 5 BBs and 1 random but now Kongou is 99 and I haven't married her yet so it's 4 BBs and 2 CLTs. My Nagato's exp from when she's lvl 30 almost (maybe a few runs in the last event) solely comes from pvp but now she's 77.

My HQ lvl is 86 and I haven't cleared world 3, world 4, 1-5, and 2-5 yet :yaoming:

Harpy
06-03-2014, 04:30 AM
I just finished 5-4 yesterday... HQ level is 93, have a lvl95 Hachi, lvl88 Kongou, lvl82 Iku, 8 other lvl70-79 ships - all the other subs, including maruyu, my main CVs Zuikaku and Taihou, Hyuuga, Nagato and Kitakami (Who I assume has a serious superiority complex given theres no other surface ships on my first page aside from capital ships. :p )

After that, my levels drop off fast (for example twentieth highest level ship is Hiryuu at 44)... I suspect this gross underleveling is a result of being addicted to LSC... I'm rather diligent with sending out expeditions, but not a lot of those resources get used for sorties lol... I could probably clear all the maps in the game again with the resources spent on Taihou alone.

I am working on leveling up some heavy cruisers though, only got Kumano in spring event and she's already lvl49, I'm sure she'll be in my top 10 soon, especially with 5-4 wanting her to be flagship.

S.Razelrink
06-03-2014, 05:47 AM
you could follow a levelling guide or you could just level whomever you like! I personally think the way you decide to approach the game is entirely up to you, whether you're aiming for collecting shipdaughters or just levelling and clearing maps/events.

this is an image of my current highest levelled shipgirls:
http://i.imgur.com/mzenL3N.jpg

.... not quite a smart choice but I like my destroyers! (don't ask why I have two yuudachi kai nis)

Shinwa
06-03-2014, 05:59 AM
Little Big Kuma Thanks Kuma! I was looking for a list like this to start off the game with. Closest I have seen in the forum is the fleet composition guide in the guide section.

Hawky
06-03-2014, 08:39 AM
I am in the same boat. This is my list of ships http://imgur.com/a/602br
I feel I am trying to level everything and everyone haha ><"

I am HQ level 73, up to 3-2 and 4-3 so far, got 1-5 and 2-5 maps cleared.
Did 1-5 quite alot until lvl 40.

I think my sub farming in 2-3 contributed alot in levelling since I was always going for a full run. Usually A-C ranks and only 2 sub fleet so I don't get that much xp compared to people farming other maps with a full fleet.
I started pretty much at the end of the spring event as well.

CaptBauxite
06-03-2014, 08:44 AM
I am in the same boat. This is my list of ships http://imgur.com/a/602br
I feel I am trying to level everything and everyone haha ><"

I am HQ level 73, up to 3-2 and 4-3 so far, got all the event maps cleared.
Did 1-5 quite alot until lvl 40.

I think my sub farming in 2-3 contributed alot in levelling since I was always going for a full run. Usually A-C ranks and only 2 sub fleet so I don't get that much xp compared to people farming other maps with a full fleet.
I started pretty much at the end of the spring event as well.

wait, you joined at the end of the event and cleared E-5?

Hawky
06-03-2014, 08:44 AM
No sorry I meant the normal event maps, 1-5 and 2-5.

CaptBauxite
06-03-2014, 08:45 AM
No sorry I meant the normal event maps, 1-5 and 2-5.

well those are called Extra Operations, I know E-5 was easier for lower level admirals (no BB hime at boss) but not that easy lol

panda
06-03-2014, 08:49 AM
well those are called Extra Operations, I know E-5 was easier for lower level admirals (no BB hime at boss) but not that easy lol
I wasn't able to make it past E-2. The update started when the boss had just one bar left...

CaptBauxite
06-03-2014, 08:51 AM
I wasn't able to make it past E-2. The update started when the boss had just one bar left...

ow, least you got the Reppu-kai though, probably actually the most useful piece of equipment you can get from it, Akashi is okay for getting rid of scratch, Amatsukaze is a nice DD and Sakawa is really just an Agano

panda
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
ow, least you got the Reppu-kai though, probably actually the most useful piece of equipment you can get from it, Akashi is okay for getting rid of scratch, Amatsukaze is a nice DD and Sakawa is really just an Agano
Reppu-kai's certainly helped me a lot, but the thought of losing out on adding any Kanmusu to the fleet, no matter how terrible (or not so terrible) the stats may be, hurts quite a bit. I've just got to cross my fingers and hope that they become LSC-able, although it's Shioi that I most regret not being able to get.

CaptBauxite
06-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Reppu-kai's certainly helped me a lot, but the thought of losing out on adding any Kanmusu to the fleet, no matter how terrible (or not so terrible) the stats may be, hurts quite a bit. I've just got to cross my fingers and hope that they become LSC-able, although it's Shioi that I most regret not being able to get.

yeah it's a shame she wasn't a drop or something, perhaps she will be in the next event

Harlequin
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Hopefully both Shio and Musashi will be available soon enough.

Well I don't have anything useful to say here that hasn't already been said. Little Big Kuma summed it all up real good. Levelling up a certain amount of ships of each type for the sake of branching as well as "how often they tend to be useful". That's what I've been doing so far, because you just don't know what kind of branching rules will pop up later. Best to have some of each type at high levels so you're ready for whatever. Admittedly I only have 1 BBV myself at the moment... but oh well.

This was a fun thread to read by the way. :p

Syurika
06-03-2014, 09:19 AM
On the subject of spring 2014 events; I didn't get to finish e-2 myself, cause of internet connection issues. As soon as I got the fifth kill, my internet went down, and then when it went back up, it was already time for maintenance.

panda; You're doing better than I was on my old account. I was level 81 with the highest leveled ship being Imuya at 77.

FrothyB
06-03-2014, 09:22 PM
I have always had this problem when playing RPGs, and I am doing it in this game as well. I like keeping all my characters (or at least the ones I use and like) as close to equal/similar levels as possible. In RPGs, it's usually just a matter of putting more time/grinding into it (looking at you Disgaea series), but here my HQ lvl is running away from my ship lvls. I am about to hit HQ lvl50, my highest kanmusu is lvl39. Total, I have 7 girls in the 30's and 19 girls in the 19-29 range. (Also doesn't help the best place to level DDs, CLs, and farm subs, which all 3 I need, is 1-5 which gives a lot of HQ exp.)

Am I going to run into problems if I keep leaving my HQ lvl so far ahead? Thanks.

Also, side note, I did a PVP match against a user last week who was HQ lvl41 and had a lvl73 kanmusu. Just curious, but how does one pull that off?

Tomppelisusi
06-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Also doesn't help the best place to level DDs, CLs, and farm subs, which all 3 I need, is 1-5 which gives a lot of HQ exp.
You can just clear the first 3 nodes and retreat, only boss node gives tons of admiral XP.

Also, side note, I did a PVP match against a user last week who was HQ lvl41 and had a lvl73 kanmusu. Just curious, but how does one pull that off?
With enough love.

nwrtz
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
FrothyB

As suggested retreat after the third battle on 1-5 since the only thing that gives you a lot of HQ xp are boss nodes. Everything else almost does nothing especially the higher you get. A higher HQ level has the benefit of a higher regen cap and since development results improve with HQ there's that.

On the other hand there are also some disadvantages. You get the harder versions of extra operations like 1-5, 2-5 and also event maps scale with it so that can give you a hard time. Also the chances of facing stronger fleets in PvP increases which might mean less XP if you cannot win so that's another downside.

So don't worry about grinding lvls on normal maps(since you won't kill the boss on them most of the time) or doing exercises. But spamming 1-5 including the boss node will boost it very quickly so you should avoid that.

FernArg
06-05-2014, 04:46 PM
I wanted to do the same thread long ago ,while I was finishing my text ,the page refreshed ,wich angered me and made me stop for that day I took a picture of my fleet on that time ,the day of the pic 05-15
I was HQ 75-8 approximately ,today im 85 and my current fleet

Basicaly as the event ended I felt kind of underleveled ,in a few days you can balance your fleet pretty well ,doing pvps 2 times in a day and sorting a few times should be enough ,
btw ,yes that is ryuujou ni ,powerleveling her from 20 in 6 days from time to time ,dont judge me please