PDA

View Full Version : Himeuta New Rule Changes Regarding Adult Contents

Kalinsre
01-03-2016, 03:07 AM
Hi all,
We recently received a warning from Adsense(advertisement program on Himeuta) complaining of adult contents on our forum.

Adsense's policy on sexual contents is a little stricter than the policy we had:

Google ads may not be placed on pages with adult or mature content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages with images or videos containing:
Strategically covered nudity
Sheer or see-through clothing
Lewd or provocative poses
Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches

As you can see there is some discrepancy between Google's guidelines and our old guidelines(we used to only disallow explicit sexual contents, but these rules suggest that non-explicit but suggestive contents are not allowed either). In response, the rules of the forum have been updated to comply with these requirements.

Linking to(not directly posting) somewhat lewd/risqué contents is still acceptable, but we plead that users use common sense when linking such contents and not link to highly explicit materials.

We understand that this change is upsetting to some and we are very sorry. But as you know Himeuta is funded completely by user donations and advertisements and the revenue from Adsense is important to keep the community alive.

We thank you so much for your understanding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a personal note, it had been a great honor being your head moderator for the past year. I am appreciative everyday for being part of this great community.
http://i.imgur.com/9Qzpg0Y.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/30e5e0571ca24da7a988f9b5bfe3d346.png
Happy New Year to all. Thank you so much for supporting us this past year and we look forward to serving you this year as well.

Laisy
01-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Kalinsre No more GCT lewd time, eh? Does the rules apply to PM?

Acrelle
01-03-2016, 03:48 AM
#Nofunallowed (http://www.himeuta.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Nofunallowed)

I don't really see much of a difference between directly posting and linking but ok

Jifaru
01-03-2016, 04:51 AM
B-but my lewd drawthings ;_;

Also is this strategically censored

<--

47KyO72
01-03-2016, 10:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2NebNMs.png

So, anything Lewd is Heresy from now on?

Nerfx
01-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Noooooooooo, muh lewds

Shogunomi
01-03-2016, 10:21 AM
So no more nsfw spoilers with images but instead we have nswf spoilers with links now?

Kalinsre
01-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Kalinsre No more GCT lewd time, eh? Does the rules apply to PM?
As far as I know it shouldn't, because the report we got from them is the URL of a thread with pictures directly posted on them. The mechanism they use to check most likely only cares about public contents.

#Nofunallowed (http://www.himeuta.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Nofunallowed)

I don't really see much of a difference between directly posting and linking but ok

Again, this is likely an automated mechanism that cares more about direct posting. But like I said, one should use common sense and avoid extreme material even when linking.

Laisy
01-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Kalinsre Well that's good. Since that way we can still PM links to others.

Penguinmafia
01-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Does this extend to some of the more lewd in-game damaged arts or just stuff like fan art?

Kalinsre
01-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Does this extend to some of the more lewd in-game damaged arts or just stuff like fan art?

The example they gave in the report had images that are much more provocative than KC's damaged art standards (literally pictures obviously devoted to the ass in very provocative poses). KC arts are likely okay.

Again, these are just general rules. If you are on the fence about posting a certain picture it is better to just not post it to be on the safer side.

Penguinmafia
01-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Kalinsre so in-game damage arts is about the lewdest we can go with pictures? Just as a kind of example to follow when posting stuff

Kalinsre
01-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Kalinsre so in-game damage arts is about the lewdest we can go with pictures? Just as a kind of example to follow when posting stuff

I guess.
Again, I can only go by the report we got and the words I quoted so I'm sorry that I can't give you guys an exhaustive list of everything. For now I think the extent of KC in game arts is fine. It would be pretty ironic if a KC forum can't post KC screenshots.

KotoNano
01-03-2016, 01:30 PM
@Penguinmafia (http://www.himeuta.net/members/7563-penguinmafia/) I'd say so, infact I'd avoid posting images that go as risky as the damage out outside the official art for a while just to let it boil over.
It's always better to go an extreme "just in case" over risking it more after getting a warning like that, at least for a while.

Advertisements brand protection can be so picky and finky it's kinda silly at times even though those are the rules and it has to be abided. The 18+ content is easy to understand, very simple to know what is and isn't adult; but I still think 'suggestive' is all in an individuals perspective and stupidly hard to say what is and what is too suggestive.

Argho
01-03-2016, 01:33 PM
It would be pretty ironic if a KC forum can't post KC screenshots. It actually wouldn't surprise me...

Aquan
01-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Welp, guess I'll have to figure out a new way of posting covers on the doujins, or most likely not be able to post them at all because I'd have to remove 90% of the image to make it apply to Gurgle's guidelines. I understand the changes had to be done but it's still upsetting.

Laisy
01-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Aquan Technically linking the image is still OK...

Aquan
01-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Laisy Wouldn't linking the image via [img] tag make it similar to directly posting?

oriscus
01-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Aquan
Linking via [url] not [img].

Probably a [url] in [nsfw] with a written warning.

chronomeister
01-03-2016, 02:57 PM
<chronomeister> soooo
<chronomeister> could like our patch note threads be flagged?
<chronomeister> i mean I know they say those rules like that to be deliberately vague and all

We're kinda not entirely sure what steps need to be taken to appeal to Adsense. The offending post that got us this warning was from a post well over a year ago in the chatbox archives. We could be fairly confident that an actual human did not flag the post. My guess is that the image was used in a more watched website, flagged there, Google ran a similar image check on the flagged material, and found our site.

So we decided to go the defensive route for the time being. Google's rules are written this way so you can't really question them when a violation does occur but they dont go about actively enforcing them. Even if you speed on the highway all the time you cant use that as an excuse as to why you were speeding the one time you were pulled over.

This also serves as a reminder as to why we had rules in the first place.

Aquan
01-03-2016, 03:10 PM
oriscus Isn't [url] and [img] linking the same except in the latter you also embed the picture in question on the forum? I mean I'm not 100% sure of that because I'm not a guru in these arts, but sometimes when I search for some images, our forum often pops up in google image search even tho the images are being linked from imgur and other things.

So now I'm kinda confused, is it or is it not allowed to post censored doujin covers under the nsfw brackets anymore if they're being linked from imgur?

oriscus
01-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Aquan

Linking to(not directly posting) somewhat lewd/risqué contents is still acceptable, but we plead that users use common sense when linking such contents and not link to highly explicit materials.

Google's rules are written this way so you can't really question them when a violation does occur but they dont go about actively enforcing them.
IIRC, linking explicit materials (censored or no) was always not really a good idea.

And [url] to a webpage not directly to the image might be the difference as the first post mentions linked 'lewd/risqué' content as acceptable.

EchIII
01-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Why not just make and designate a section viewable only by registered users? I don't have much of an interest in all the H-doujins but I don't think it should be outright banned

The fact that this forum allows guest posting is baffling, I'd be in favor of tighter membership.

Tirpitz chan
01-03-2016, 03:36 PM
@Kalinsre (http://www.himeuta.net/members/58-kalinsre/)
"Sheer or see-through clothing
Lewd or provocative poses
Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches"

So basically we can´t post damaged art anymore.

Normally i´d be furious about such changes but i gave up on GCT long ago, ever since Autoupdate chan was removed it was no fun anymore, so i dont really care.

kuavera
01-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Guess I'll go change some of the stuff from my art thread to links instead to avoid any trouble.

Apox
01-03-2016, 04:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/9QzkAr7.png

Slartibartfast
01-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Probably a third or more of the damage art CGs would qualify as "strategically covered nudity"... I-19 in particular comes to mind.

And let's face it... anime as a whole tends very heavily towards the suggestive, and that's on the tame end of the spectrum.

Depending on how strictly you want to construe those terms, a great many things that nobody would blink an eye at can be considered offending material.

The irony here is that the advertising world in general makes heavy use of the very elements that they're telling you are not allowed.

Jifaru
01-04-2016, 06:15 AM
kuavera: *Tilts head 90 degrees to inspect Rochan*

Eh. All is still right in the world.

I didn't even draw that particularly lewd stuff.

Subpyro
01-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Strategically? Exposed? You must be talking about FE: Awakening's beach DLC.

Gotta stay appropriate; thanks for the news (:

Sixpack
01-04-2016, 09:18 PM
As far as I know it shouldn't, because the report we got from them is the URL of a thread with pictures directly posted on them. The mechanism they use to check most likely only cares about public contents.

Again, this is likely an automated mechanism that cares more about direct posting. But like I said, one should use common sense and avoid extreme material even when linking.

Was it the picture thread?

ScarletSoul
01-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Do you hear that noise in the distance? That is the sound of the T&A Clubs dying a painful death.

I have my own issues with these rules, but eh. Adverts are adverts. Did they actually start earning a decent amount of money for the site? Last time I heard anything about them (a few weeks after they were added) Saya said they hadn't really done much to help pay for the site.

Vz-Rei
01-08-2016, 12:59 AM
Well shit... :(

RumblingRose
01-08-2016, 05:07 PM
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35247586654273356/8121A7664A9738E8A5F50FF45B1F45061A23732B/

sovetskysoyuz
01-08-2016, 06:07 PM
so no pantyshots of shimikaze

well f*ck back to RWBY R34

mrhieuson
07-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Will it bring good or bad to you?