PDA

View Full Version : What is the best map to do quest Bw6?

ktkrk8
06-24-2014, 07:44 AM
I want to start stocking up on bauxite so I'm starting to do more of the weekly quests. What is the best map and fleet composition to do "敵東方艦隊を撃滅せよ!" (Defeat 12 bosses in the World 4)?

Saya
06-24-2014, 07:53 AM
4-2 is good because you can do your transport dailies and CVL dailies on top of it

Leyana
06-24-2014, 07:56 AM
ktkrk8 Just so you know, the world 3, 4 and 5 boss weeklies aren't really worth it because you'll end up spending quite a bit of time and resources to get them done.

You can cheese the world 4 weekly using a fleet of all subs but there's no guarantee you'll reach the boss and it will very likely take a lot of attempts.

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 07:56 AM
well 4-1 and 4-2 are the best options, 4-3 is very RNG heavy and 4-4 takes a lot of resources to do and you can easily be sent back with a red ship.

I haven't done 4-1 in ages personally preferring 4-2 for the fact that it's less RNG and as saya said, transports can be found, for 4-2 I'd recommend a fleet something like this
- BB/V
- CA/V
- CLT
- CLT
- CV/L
- CV/L

basically what you want is a fleet with decent firepower but which can still attack subs so as to do damage at the sub nodes and at least get away with a B or better so as to preserve you winrate as well as keep your fleet morale from dropping, also you want at least one radar in your fleet should you get sent the north route, since that path has a whirlpool that can kill your evasion if it takes away too much fuel.

You can also run this map with subs if you have 4 decent ones but they do run the risk of getting only subs at the sub nodes so a D score there

- - - Updated - - -

as Leyana said, not really worth it unless you're hunting for bauxite and have subs

ktkrk8
06-24-2014, 07:59 AM
ktkrk8 Just so you know, the world 3, 4 and 5 boss weeklies aren't really worth it because you'll end up spending quite a bit of time and resources to get them done.

You can cheese the world 4 weekly using a fleet of all subs but there's no guarantee you'll reach the boss and it will very likely take a lot of attempts.

I don't really care about using so much fuel and ammo because I have over 120,000. I just need more bauxite

Leyana
06-24-2014, 08:01 AM
ktkrk8 Fair enough, then sub cheesing 4-2 will be the most efficient. Rather than taking a mixed fleet and wasting more resources.

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 08:03 AM
I don't really care about using so much fuel and ammo because I have over 120,000. I just need more bauxite

then run a fleet with either subs or as much airpower as possible so as to achieve air supremacy, eg Kaga with Reppu-kai and two reppu plus a Type 62 and Akagi or Hiryuu-kai2 with 2x Reppu in the top two slots plus bombers and a Saiun. Then load the rest of your fleet with your max AA ships like Maya, CLT and a BB

- - - Updated - - -

however come to think of it, 4-2 might not be the best for this this, run 4-1 instead since the enemy has no air power except on the boss node where you can simply overwhelm them, this will save you bauxite since you'll only have aircraft losses (ie bauxite costs) when you hit the boss node, otherwise there's no aircraft

Leyana
06-24-2014, 08:12 AM
You'll still lose some aircraft even if the enemy has no air power. It'll be one or two per node but it adds up. Enough attempts at the boss and you'll wipe your positive bauxite gain.

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 08:15 AM
You'll still lose some aircraft even if the enemy has no air power. It'll be one or two per node but it adds up. Enough attempts at the boss and you'll wipe your positive bauxite gain.

yeah but it's less than the loss if you use a regular fleet at 4-2 pre-boss carrier node then don't get sent to the boss node anyway, if you want to use a regular fleet that is, I use subs myself since I'm stingy on spending any of my precious resources

Leyana
06-24-2014, 08:17 AM
That's why I keep suggesting sub cheesing 4-2.

ktkrk8
06-24-2014, 08:18 AM
I would use subs but I only have one pair of subs and not enough buckets

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 08:21 AM
I would use subs but I only have one pair of subs and not enough buckets

you're going to lose buckets on 4-1 or 4-2 most of the time regardless of which route you go largely due to RNG screwing you over, EG my 5 subs vs 2 enemy destroyers at a sub node, they all shoot one so the other can crit Iku to red. Honestly for costs you'd probably be better off just doing a ton of sparkle runs then hitting exp 6 with an all sparkled fleet, along with exp 11 and exp 35 with similarly sparkled fleets. Even then though it's still a slow resource to grind

Leyana
06-24-2014, 08:24 AM
ktkrk8 What CaptBauxite said. 2 subs is not enough to spam runs enough to get the world 4 weekly completed because your subs and fleet WILL take damage.

ktkrk8
06-24-2014, 08:29 AM
ktkrk8 What CaptBauxite said. 2 subs is not enough to spam runs enough to get the world 4 weekly completed because your subs and fleet WILL take damage.

Sorry, by pair of subs I meant one of each. I'm trying to get more but I'm getting no luck with constructions.
I guess I'll just try subs and using buckets

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 08:31 AM
ktkrk8 Wait, so you have 8 subs then and would be able to deploy 4 different types not including Mauryu

Honestly though as someone who has 111k bauxite, this map isn't what gets you it, running exp 11 and 35 before you go to sleep with all sparkled fleets is really what helps, that'll get you this quests worth of bauxite every day of the week not even counted all the exp 6 (sparkled or sparkled) that you run during the day.

ktkrk8
06-24-2014, 08:36 AM
ktkrk8 Wait, so you have 8 subs then and would be able to deploy 4 different types not including Mauryu

Honestly though as someone who has 111k bauxite, this map isn't what gets you it, running exp 11 and 35 before you go to sleep with all sparkled fleets is really what helps, that'll get you this quests worth of bauxite every day of the week not even counted all the exp 6 (sparkled or sparkled) that you run during the day.

I don't want to rely just on expeditions though because I still need to get Kaga, Hiryuu, Taihou, Zuihou, and every other LSC ship because I have only used it a few time to get Maruyu and other ships that I already have
And I would also like to level my CVs

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 08:44 AM
I don't want to rely just on expeditions though because I still need to get Kaga, Hiryuu, Taihou, Zuihou, and every other LSC ship because I have only used it a few time to get Maruyu and other ships that I already have
And I would also like to level my CVs

well you could level your CVs here but be warned it'll cost you a bit of bauxite and will not be worth the cost over the week. However if you want to get Kaga , Hiryuu and Zuihou they do drop on world 4-1 and 4-2 (Kaga on both all nodes, Hiryuu on 4-1 boss and Zuihou on 4-2 boss). With expeditions and bauxite however they'll get you far more than world 4 quest ever will not cost really any bauxite to do (1-1 sparkle might cost you 1-2 planes per sparkle but that's good enough for several exp 35 runs)

shiro
06-24-2014, 08:45 AM
I do this quest when I'm power leveling in 4-1. You'll lose around 10-20 baux per run (no boss) and 50-70 baux (with boss) depending on your air power. You won't hit the boss node frequently so when you accumulate your consumption, the reward will only net you the same as what you've consumed. I don't mind the consumption since my goal is different but for farming bauxite, not worth it.

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 08:55 AM
also if you're worried about buckets, best not do the quest at all, even with good subs you'll still need them, behold my last 4-2 run which didn't reach the boss
http://i.imgur.com/LekOBa7.jpg

ktkrk8
06-24-2014, 09:16 AM
I guess one thing I could do is use all the BBs and CVLs that I get from 3-2-1 before I use them for modernizing

CaptBauxite
06-24-2014, 09:18 AM
I guess one thing I could do is use all the BBs and CVLs that I get from 3-2-1 before I use them for modernizing

yeah well for bigger ships modernizing is almost as good as leveling some of the time, least if you can max out the ships you'll have an easier time grinding them or worst case using them should you need them in an event

alex
06-25-2014, 06:07 AM
If you dont have buckets to spare and no subs, I would say skip this quest. The rewards aren't really worth 12 normal runs, and you are better off stockpiling buckets for event.