PDA

View Full Version : Desire sensor

Madao
07-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Hiyas everyone! Anyways, as mentioned in the top, has anyone ever got a moment when you think that there is a desire sensor in the game that is destined to irritate you?

Saya
07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Fuck this desire sensor man

Where is my Yamato

64 tries at LSC already

Chihayasaur
07-16-2014, 09:55 AM
then the desire sensor really likes playing with me. Sometimes sensor-sama will send me the things I ask for, like a submarine or Hiei, and other times I'll drown in repeats.

Harpy
07-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Spent massive amounts of time and effort specifically looking for Uzuki - RNG-sama: "lol nope."

Give up, and then soon after clear 5-3, yay! Time to play in 5-4!

First 5-4 boss drop = Pyon Pyon. When I least expect it!

Third 5-4 boss drop = PyonPyon.... I... I'm not gonna cry...

(incidentally I've done dozens of 5-4's since, and not had her drop again, so RNG-sama was clearly just being a dirty troll with that second drop... -_-)

See also: Me finally getting Taigei 5 minutes before one of the friday maintenances.

Madao
07-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Mine..... was trying to get Naka so that I can unlock my third fleet......but instead I get light cruisers and destroyers. Can't complain about getting new ships, but I really want Naka and a submarine.....

Merodyne
07-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Eh... Eheheheh... Noshiro... I'm not even sure how many LSC I did already (luckily I didn't count them, the results would have been depressing I think...)

illyrin
07-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Mine..... was trying to get Naka so that I can unlock my third fleet......but instead I get light cruisers and destroyers. Can't complain about getting new ships, but I really want Naka and a submarine.....

Enshrine this foolish desire in your sig or something. In the future, you can read it and rue the day you ever wished for a Naka after your 4,000th one. She drops everywhere from now on in the game.

ofi123
07-16-2014, 10:31 AM
RNG-sama will always be RNG-sama. It's just her being tsun or dere only.

(Please be dere throughout the event and LSC)

Madao
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM
illyrin
I know. And yet RNG is not granting me this. Well, at least she gave a submarine at last.

Mik3y112
07-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes there is a desire sensor.

things just dont want to show up when you want them to.

yamato showed up when i was in a srs cbf watev mood

noshiro showed up when i wanted musashi

taigei and urakaze showed up after forever when i was in a super pissed off mood

Musashi actually showed up nicely though

chuwenhsuan
07-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I never wanted anything. Never acquired anything.

I wonder what's up?

Makoto Yuki
07-16-2014, 11:46 AM
meanwhile, I just got the kongou sisters in one daily quest. well since I already have haruna.

there goes my 4th fleet.

a Yuudachi would be great though. . .

Mik3y112
07-16-2014, 11:48 AM
I never wanted anything. Never acquired anything.

I wonder what's up?

Well you're banned, so how could you?

Aikami
07-16-2014, 01:51 PM
I barely ever get what I want.
It seems RNG-sama teases me in a very special way. I have my 3rd fleet unlocked, I have all Kongou-sisters, ... but I'm missing Myoukou.

Also I started trying to craft for Shoukaku yesterday (since I'm not at world 5 yet), it's my first try and I was anticipating the 6 hour timer, but it was something else, well ok I don't get mad it's the first try after all. A few hours later I come back and a new friend has arrived: Hiryuu. Really, RNG-sama, really?
I mean thank you; I'm grateful you bestowed me with a CV and not an AV and Hiryuu nonetheless, but I just want Shoukaku.

And it's not the first time she is like this either, at the end of my 3rd day playing KanColle I tried getting Kongou, first time using the battleship recipe, yay 4 hour timer, I couldn't believe my luck... next day I wake up and immediately check if it's Kongou or not, nope just my second favorite Kongou-sister, Kirishima. Later that day (my 4th day playing!), since I was low on resources I tried to craft a submarine and did I get one? Nope, RNG-sama gives me Shimakaze instead.

I don't know whether RNG-sama is just teasing me or if she is simply clumsy at showing me her affection.

Getting Sendai though, there was a desire sensor involved no doubt.
I got Sendai and unlocked my 3rd fleet when I was Level 32, which I think is late (?) Although to be honest, RNG-sama wasn't being lazy during the time I tried getting Sendai:
Chikuma, Tone, Kirishima, Ryuujou, Kuma, Ooi, Shimakaze, Aoba, Makigumo, Ise, Kagerou, Junyou, Hiei, Abukuma, Imuya, Atago, Kongou, Ooi again, Hiei again, Akatsuki class, Goya, Takao (class completed), Yuubari, Fusou, Fubuki, those are all the noteworthy ones I got before Sendai mostly through drops or 250/30/200/30 (chronological order; there were definitely duplicates of some of those who I used for modernization).

Another one RNG-sama just doesn't want me to get it Asashio even though she isn't even supposed to be that rare, and I'm level 47 as of right now; from No.001 to No.090 all I'm missing are Nagato, Mutsu, Yukikaze, Myoukou, Hiyou, Asashio and Asashio is definitely the odd one out of those 6.

So what do you guys think, I played for about 3 weeks, am at level 47, the KanMusus in my main fleet are between 49 and 56, am currently at 3-1/4-2 and from the first 90 KanMusus I'm missing 6 including Myoukou and Asashio; is RNG-sama using a desire sensor and trying to be mean to me or am I more fortunate than I think?

Captain Kiso
07-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Desire sensor? I have been hunting Hamakaze since devs introduced her 3-4 months ago. I've got more than 20 Uzuki from 2-2, 3 Taigei and 3 Urakaze from 2-5.
Hamakaze slot is still empty...
http://i.imgur.com/2CNO3Yw.png

Madao
07-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Aikami
.......you're seriously lucky, aren't you?

Makoto Yuki
07-16-2014, 02:23 PM
will trade my Yukikaze for Asashio.

err, scratch that, will trade Kongou for Asashio, you may have Hiei as well, Haruna is a big nope.

also tell me If you have Yuudachi, will consider trading Yukikaze for it lol.

If we can actually trade ships lol, they need to somewhat implement this. . . or not.

blazeLimit
07-16-2014, 02:25 PM
I think LSC has a desire sensor at least
I dont think Ive gotten a single ship that Ive actually wanted from LSC. I've gotten good ships dont get me wrong, but... Nagato... Nagato plz...

Aikami
07-16-2014, 02:38 PM
@wildarms (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/member.php?u=1837)
Wait, so you have Yukikaze, Kongou, Hiei (and Haruna), but not Poidachi Yuudachi?!
Yuudachi was the very first one that dropped for me; I got her just a few minutes into the game ( and she has ever since been in my main fleet).

Yeah trading would be really helpful.
Madao
Am I? I never had anyone I could compare myself to, so I thought I was rather slow, but yeah I do have most of the buildable/non-LSC ones I guess.

Makoto Yuki
07-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Wait, so you have Yukikaze, Kongou, Hiei (and Haruna), but not Poidachi Yuudachi?!
Yuudachi was the very first one that dropped for me; I got her just a few minutes into the game ( and she has ever since been in my main fleet).

Yeah trading would be really helpful.I have all the Kongou sisters, Sendai sisters, Myoukou sisters. the rare destroyers which are Shimakaze and Yukikaze.

no Yuudachi, err Poidachi.

I just had an epiphany about trading, it seems like a bad idea since the game is about getting Kanmusus, tradability would make it less appealing since you can trade the Kanmusu you don't want to the Kanmusu you want.

the excitement of getting Kanmusu in construction/drop would lose it's hype.

I started 2 weeks ago if it makes you feel better.

Aikami
07-16-2014, 02:55 PM
But right now we can only have 100 KanMusus, unless you pay, and I already use duplicates and common DD/CL/CA/CVL who I don't like to modernize the ones I use just so I have enough space to get drops or craft new ones.

I started 2 weeks ago if it makes you feel better.

Not quite sure if there is a misunderstanding or not, I started on June 26, 3 weeks ago, myself; Kongou-sisters and Sendai are not a problem anymore, no need to try to cheer me up, but thanks anyways

Makoto Yuki
07-16-2014, 03:13 PM
100 Kanmusus was too much for me, I already have most of the ones I like. my main target was Haruna and Kongou. . . desu.

missing PoiPoiPoi, Akitsumaru, Z1 and Z3 in my sensors.

:haruna_wat:

okay, I want Wo-class too but, its not gonna happen is it?

for a browser game, RNG is actually very nice here.

I've seen more RIP RNG in the game I'm playing while multi-tasking KanColle.

Anyeonamous
07-16-2014, 03:16 PM
I didn't know that this game was attempting to help us be free of worldly desires.
"I want....I-8!"
WORLDLY DESIRE DETECTED. WILL NOT CONSTRUCT.
"Ah, nevermind."
I-8 added back to regular rate.

I need a second SS. Doesn't even have to be Hacchan.
And I have not gotten a single Kongou sister. Maybe my desire is too OP.

burstzane
07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
400+ 2-5 runs and still no Uzuki or Taigei
......yeah, if only I can hide my desire from RNG-san then maybe either of them will finally drop xD

Wulfen
07-16-2014, 03:27 PM
So I've read that Souryuu is suppose to drop from 3-2-1. Considering the amount of time I've spent there as of late, I think I've got every single possible drop from that node 3 times over.....Not a single blasted Souryuu has arrived. Can't even manage to build her or Kaga.

Did whaling trips non-stop for a weekend after 2-5 was released. No Whale or Urakaze, but here is a handful of random rare ships you weren't looking for but don't have.

Also during the last event, I pleaded for a second CV to drop to make clearing E-3 easier so Akagi wasn't alone. What did I get for my wailing and gnashing of teeth? Both Hiryuu and Shoukaku a week AFTER the event was over. Also, blowing my resources on LSC for Musashi after I had been wishing for her to appear in LSC.....Nothing.

It knows what you want....and it does it's best to crush your hopes all the time.

tsukishima
07-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I bet I will get Moosashi before Nagamon. Such is life in LSC.

SandKing666
07-18-2014, 10:41 AM
My top 10 wish list

1. Shioi
2. Shioi
3. Shioi
4. Shioi
5. Shioi
6. Shioi
7. Shioi
8. Shioi
9. Shioi
10. Shioi

I would trade my Iku and Nagato for Shioi if i could

YuuhiKokonose
07-19-2014, 06:03 AM
I haven't tried out most LSC and haven't experienced most of this, but somehow when I was really tiny level-d, I built a battleship expecting for Kongou and Mutsu come out.

The next time, I went on LSC for the first time expecting Nagato but got Kongou.

I kept on getting Kirishima and Kongou despite that I needed Haruna, though at least I got Hiei.....

CaptBauxite
07-19-2014, 06:12 AM
I haven't tried out most LSC and haven't experienced most of this, but somehow when I was really tiny level-d, I built a battleship expecting for Kongou and Mutsu come out.

Actually Mutsu is not a bad drop, just saying she's a lot harder to get than Kongous, I'm speaking purely from rarity point of view, putting my own obvious biases aside lol

The next time, I went on LSC for the first time expecting Nagato but got Kongou.

wait, as in when you clicked or as in when you saw the timer because the timers are fixed and Nagato/Mutsu are both 5 hour timers (which makes them quite hated by people who want Bismarck)

Don't worry about Kongous though, if you can't get them through crafting 3-2-A is a great option since it drops all of them plus it can be used for EXP grinding

As my for my desires, I've tried several times but no Noshiro (ironically I've got Yahagi who everyone wants) never gotten a single Mikuma despite my frequent 5-2 runs, including a whole bunch while Taigei hunting (who I eventually got)

YuuhiKokonose
07-19-2014, 06:15 AM
I mean, I was building with a recipe wanting Nagato out but got 4 hour timer, hahaha ^^;

Ooh! 3-2-A... will start grinding there then~

CaptBauxite
07-19-2014, 06:20 AM
I mean, I was building with a recipe wanting Nagato out but got 4 hour timer, hahaha ^^;

Ooh! 3-2-A... will start grinding there then~

yup, there's whole guides (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/showthread.php?754-Guide-Sortie-Farming-Powerlevelling#3-2-1) on how to do it although even done wrong it still provides a ton of exp for ships involved and gives you good drops. Nagamon is a bit of tricky one but she can appear in LSC so it might soften the blow a bit if you get her while trying to craft Yamato/Musashi/Bismarck unlike myself where every Nagato/Mutsu/Kongou-class are clones which I can't use

artificial
07-19-2014, 08:31 AM
RNG does work in strange ways, does it?

1. Noshiro
Grinded Spring Event 2014 for a Noshiro. Gets my other favorite ship, Suzuya, instead. Then I did many min LSCs in hopes for a Noshiro but she never came. Even did 2 Taihou attempts but got nothing. Then one day, in my mind was "fucking whatever I'll just do some min LSC and see what I'll get" and then the ho came

2. Michishio & Asashio
I didn't really want them at first and then the guilt of feeding them away took over me. I fed Michishio away because I thought she's just a second-rate Kagerou, and Asashio because, well, I was clearing up some space and then days later I stumbled into this (http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/7709) danbooru pool. 2 days of 1-1 grinding were spent.

3. Urakaze
Got her right on the day she was implemented. Weeks later, after getting the 2-5 medal, I did a few extra runs of 2-5 in hopes of Taigei but got another Urakaze instead.

4. Kirishima
I'll never forget this. I was bitching a lot about my need for a 4th fleet and Kirishima's my last Kongou-class to get so I was badmouthing her a lot. It took nearly a week's worth of 3-2 grinding, BB recipe construction and sanity loss for not one, but THREE Kirishimas to show up. Funny thing is that they were all acquired through different means - 1 from 3-2, 1 from BB recipe and 1 from min LSC.

5. Mikuma & Naganami
Don't really need or want these two ships and yet Spring Event 2014 E-4 dropped them for me. RNG pls.

6. Kinu & Abukuma
Same as above, except I decided to keep them since IRL they sunk near where my dad's family lives (Negros Island).

illyrin
07-19-2014, 09:31 AM
So I've read that Souryuu is suppose to drop from 3-2-1. Considering the amount of time I've spent there as of late, I think I've got every single possible drop from that node 3 times over.....Not a single blasted Souryuu has arrived. Can't even manage to build her or Kaga.

I'm the same. I got Souryuu from somwhere else (Construction) so I thought "okay, now that I've gotten her I'm sure she'll drop like candy in 3-2-1."

Nope. Even after grinding out another 100+ levels worth of ships.

Given how many duplicates I've gotten of every other possible drop, I don't think she actually drops there and that the wiki is incorrect.

Hynaio
07-19-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm the same. I got Souryuu from somwhere else (Construction) so I thought "okay, now that I've gotten her I'm sure she'll drop like candy in 3-2-1."

Nope. Even after grinding out another 100+ levels worth of ships.

Given how many duplicates I've gotten of every other possible drop, I don't think she actually drops there and that the wiki is incorrect.

I think I got my Souryuu there, didn't get her from construction, it might be a boss drop from somewhere, but I don't think so.

iamablocker
07-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Souryuu where are you?!!

Also Reppus where?!

Negame
07-19-2014, 10:27 AM
If there is, it's not absolute. You can see this in situations when RNG has few choices to pick from, such as 1-1. Desire sensor may delay my completion of the first weekly quest by sending my to-sparkle ships upwards 30 times, but it went down on the 31st time.

Now in the cases of drops and constructions, you may think you have better chances by having more ships to desire, but a desire sensor would have everything else to pick from. This is how I could grind 3-2-a everyday and never see a Haruna. Such a desire sensor may be unable to completely prevent her from being dropped, but it sure can skew chances to a 0.001% chance of dropping so she may as well not exist.

Now if there is a desire sensor, why would RNG easily hand out Yuubaris and Yayois when I don't need them? Would it the game's misguided kindness or a blind spot of the sensor? No. That would just be the desire sensor only calculating off desires. It wouldn't care about adjusting chances for rare ships I don't consider.

Jammypls
07-19-2014, 10:49 AM
A case of "last sister syndrome", yes?
In that case, goddamn it took me a while for Sendai to notice me and Kirishima was the last Kongou to procure to unlock the last two fleets.
speaking of Kirishima, I had many duplicates of the other three but only got her twice.

Oh yeah, I wanted Shoukaku as well. Did some sort of a build off with a friend that wanted Zuikaku, a crapton of resources later, one ended up with what the other wanted. My Zuikaku's level 39 right now

shiro
07-19-2014, 11:00 AM
This is mostly just a placebo effect. Since you earnestly looking from something as drop or via construction, you're more conscious of each attempts and their results, hence more frustration when it doesn't conform with your expectations.

Not here to preach though. If you think this really exists then we're good. :shimakaze_grin:

PrimalBidoof
07-22-2014, 02:16 AM
I've desired some kanmusu, but never too much. Because then I expect it and that leads to very severe disappointment in this game.
That Haruna would be real nice though

Aikami
07-22-2014, 10:38 PM
I think I already said before that I had all Kongou sisters before I had all Myoukou sister, but now I have Myoukou as well as my fourth fleet.

But there is another terrible case of Last-Sister-Syndrom. Actually, I think it even transcends LSS and has become something even worse.
Here is my collection:
from 1-100 I have everyone besides Nagato, Mutsu, Yukikaze and a certain someone.
I also have Kinu, Abukuma, Yuubari, Mikuma, Kinugasa, Iku, Imuya, Goya, Makigumo, Maruyu and Yayoi.

So who is that certain someone? Shimakaze? Nope, got her twice. A CV? I got the girls from 1st and 2nd Carrier Division multiple times already? A battleship? Also no, I have all battleships that are between number 1 and 100 besides Nagamon and Mutsu.

It's freakin' Asashio! Blue-background freaking Asashio is as hard to get as Yukikaze.:kongou_dot: Who knows I might even get Bismarck or Taigei before her.

Ok, ok I'm dramatizing things again, it's not like I really want her or anything, unlike Shoukaku, it's just that it's really weird to me that it's Asashio out of all the KanMusus that I'm missing.

Gollgagh
07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Hahah Aikami, I had that with Murakumo for the longest time.

Although to be completely honest, my 1-100 is not quite complete yet either: Yukikaze is my singular missing Kanmusu from that series.

As for my desire sensor, RNG-sama is dead set on not giving me a single submarine whatsoever, even though I run 1-5 like crazy and use at least three sub construction recipes a day.

Haruji
07-23-2014, 09:05 AM
My desire is for Taigei and she refuse to drop after numerous 2-5 runs -___-.

I am draining too much resources for 2-5 runs that I have to stop.

tsukishima
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I've given up searching for the fabled #1 (http://kancolle.himeuta.net/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) slot.

It doesn't exist, I tell you. It doesnt!

farranpoison
07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
I find it funny that before when I spammed lsc constructions, I got Yamato when I really wanted Musashi though she wasn't buildable yet. Now that she is buildable, I see no hide or white hair of Musashi even though I've tried like 15 times already. ;_;

Youjuu
07-23-2014, 05:15 PM
I really want to get my hands on that superior brown skins/huge tits Musashi and also get my hands on Fitness Queen Taihou.

That'll have to wait until the end of the upcoming event. Gotta save dem resources.