Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3755 Post(s)

Pan Asia destroyers unveiled

T I: Type D class destroyer

T II:

T III: Type R class destroyer

T IV: Minekaze-class

T V:

T VI: Gnevny class

T VII: N-class

T VIII: Benson/Gleaves-class

T IX: Fletcher class

T X: Gearing/Sumner class

- - - Updated - - -

Source of the pics: WoWS Asia's facebook, here and here

Last edited by Keyan_TTK; 08-08-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Least interested I've ever been for a new line. At least the second Soviet DD line had Grozovoi which picked my curiosity.

Also, captain specs for this line are going to be a fucking nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Keyan_TTK Also, your T5 and T6 pics are the same. Here's the correct picture:

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Lieutenant
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    What will they do for captains though. I mean this line has several different nations and you know giving them just one type of captain is going to cause fire from the nations who don't get their choice.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    According to Sub_Octavian, they are testing a new type of torpedoes for pan-asian ships: Deepwater torpedoes.
    After we test the Pan-Asians with normal loadout, we plan to test deep water torpedoes. Deep water torpedoes interact with draught of the target: they can easily pass underneath a light ship without any damage! As a trade-off, such torpedoes can boast improved concealment, so catching those BB by surprise would be easier. Will it work? Will these torpedoes make it to release and bring more variety to World of Warships? Time and tests will tell:)
    Not too sure how I feel about this. Guess they want BBs to spec out of Concealment System Mod 1 and take Target Aquisition System Mod 1.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3755 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    Corrected, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WtBlaze View Post
    What will they do for captains though. I mean this line has several different nations and you know giving them just one type of captain is going to cause fire from the nations who don't get their choice.
    Eh, Lo Yang and Anshan can share their captains, and one's from Taiwan an the other ChiCom, er... the Glorious People's Republic of China.

Rep
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    That Benson-class sure did get around hehe

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3755 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher
    There's only three of them Benson-class in game, two of which are the same ship (Benson/Lo Yang).
    Compare with the Gnevny, which has four of them (Gnevny, Gremyaschchy, Anshan and now Fu Shun). Not bad for a destroyer class that was mostly unknown before the game's launch. Did I just hear "Russian bias" ?
    Maybe you'll one-up them with the Fletcher class which could be in the South American and minor European tech lines.

Rep
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK You can milk the hell out of Fletcher. In service for decades with many nations, even one with Mexico until she was decommissioned in 2001. FFS, you can have JMSDF Fletchers even.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Leaked stats of the deepwater torpedoes. Keep in mind that this is very much WIP.

Rep
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    @Mobius As for the Tier VIII+ ones, you still have essentially the USN DD same tier equivalent as the standard option, which are still good to go. Fletcher torps ain't bad : ) Also interesting to see the slight tweaks of the Tier X Gearing torpedo equivalent, a tad bit faster sacrificing some range, but still more than enough for safe use.

I'm still iffy about the idea of these torps being viable against only a select opponents in Deep Water mode. I know torps are heavily featured when DDs are dealing with each other and the hesitancy to use guns these days.

"Haze Grey & Underway"