Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.

View Poll Results: What is your opinion about this event?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • This event is awesome. I'd like future events to be this awesome as well.

11 23.40%
  • I ROFLstomped everything. All your Mediterranean Sea are belong to us.

9 19.15%
  • I've secured everybody I could. Let's get the hell outta here.

20 42.55%
  • We went through hell is this event but the rewards ain't good enough. Give us moar Bofors and jets.

13 27.66%
  • These goddamned imps dodges like motherfuckers

18 38.30%
  • No good. I was blockaded by French BB Hime at Suez Canal.

1 2.13%
  • Even with our utmost effort, we were unable to subdue the European Princess. Mission aborted.

2 4.26%
  • Our fleet's operation fronts were overstretched and we have to fallback to Easy for other maps.

12 25.53%
  • We have insufficient resources to continue operation. Advise aborting mission immediately, Admiral.

4 8.51%
  • Event? What event? Oh, we have one right now?

2 4.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    IGN
    .sandrio
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I've had a pretty good time with this event, save for being unable to get Prinz. I should have farmed before doing the debuff, but there's going to be another time.
    Managed to rescue all new ships, and filled empty slots in the Kandex with Kashima, Etorofu, Hayasui, Akitsushima, Aquila, Warspite, Yahagi, Graf, Pola and Harusame.
    Overall I think that is a pretty nice haul.

I can only estimate my resource consumption because I went below softcap and regeneration helped me quite a bit when farming, I would guess around 200k fuel, 100k ammo, 60k steel and 60k bauxite, plus about 700 buckets.
    Seems like a lot for NNNEENE but I think most of it was spent on farming Graf and E-7 was just damn expensive to run.
    Before stocking up for the next event I think I'm going to spend some effort on one-time quests and trying to LSC.

IGN
    TeaOfLight
    Server
    Saiki Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCK ok I liked this event I admit even though there are some obvious flaws with it, but it was over the top work even though I did it on easy and had to farm for Luigi and Sagiri... before hurricane Irma, which wasn't bad. On top of that I think I didn't do bad I mean I was scared of running out of resources especially ammo and baxuite which were the main ones that was tanking due to me using support expeditions.

My top five favorite moments from the event on my end:

1. Getting my two most wanted ships after 2 years of chasing after them: "ALL OF MY YES!" and "FUCK YOU TANAKA!"

2. Libe finishing E-4 for me.

3. How to not try and get a new event ship drop:
    (Clearly you get the joke)

4. Getting Luigi on 63 tries and Sagiri on a WHOOPING 93 TRIES!!!!

5. Getting a good day battle kill on E-7 European Princess and beating the event courtesy of Shoukaku CVB form getting chuuha'd on easy.

Last edited by DuckiePlucky; 09-12-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Junyou (Officially Married! 9/16/2015), Maya (Officially Married! 8/12/2016), Abukuma and Kaga (Officially Married Both! 11/19/2016)
    http://i.imgur.com/WNR2Uub.png
    (Joined the HQ 100 Club at 11/6/2015)

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'll admit, most of my problems with this event were self-inflicted (two week vacation, ran low on Ammo pool). I would have liked to have taken on more maps at higher difficulties (not just for rewards, but for the challenge of it), but given that my LD on E-7 started 1 min before maintenance (and still wasn't able to get Ark Royal at the end, due to maint. cat-bomb after-sink-but-before-drop), it just wasn't feasible this event.

And then there were the cat-bombs. There were about 3 days when I couldn't get through a map run without getting cat-bombed, and when you're short on time to begin with, having to regularly re-sparkle elements of 4 fleets (to then get cat-bombed again on the very next attempt...) gets tedious at best. I have never experienced this many cat-bombs in this amount of time before. Take-away lesson: set better point-of-no-return marks to drop to lower difficulties when things like prolific cat-bombing really affect timing. Sure, I still finished E4 on hard even with all the cat-bombing on E3 and E4, but that stubbornness to clear E4 on hard meant I just plain didn't have enough time to clear E7...

IGN
    SoranoKongou
    Server
    Kanoya Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Despite managing to clear most of the stages on hard, i failed to complete E7 even on easy due to the lack of time so i am quite salty about it.
    This is the first event i blew over 50% of my total resources and farming was not even done.

Thy who dwells in the light above the surface.
    One who always stares at the abyss.
    Remember that the abyss's glaze will stare back.

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The thing that drove me craziest in this event were the thrice-damned imps....

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

You don't get it do you? It's a SHIP that launches Ship GIRLS! It's going to cause a rift in the space/awesome continuum!!

Rep
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Clearing the this entire event was a pleasant first for me, though the process drove home a number of mistakes I've made going back along to when I first started playing., like scrapping those two proto type flight decks because the Cranes refused to drop or be built the first year I was playing :P Still I was pleased to finish it even if only on normal diff and didn't get all of the girls I wanted, I can live with Graf, a pair of Roma's, Richelieu, Ark Royal and some new DDs and a DE.

The gimmicks weren't too bad, but I know my girls would love to never, EVER!!!! see this many Imps and Sub Himes again lol.