Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    Also one thing I'm wondering... I really hope they start adding more murican ships after the new Brit DD, they kinda have fogotten about the yanks but thanks to Sara K2 I'm sure we're gonna get news probably next winter event.
    Of course mate. So many USN DD to choose form, or is Tanaka letting the other games take all the glory to themselves??

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 161]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    But you wouldn't disagree, that the API, as well as the frontend, does need an overhaul.

With a change in client, I'm certain enough will change with handling to mostly break these anyway.
    And I can add to this that the viewers will adapt as well to these changes, at least I'm sure the teams behind KC3, Poi and others are fully aware of the news that the game will port to HMTL5 so they can prepare accordingly when that happens, my guess it's that the viewers and others extensions will be unusable for at least the first week of the new game build so I'm sure we can survive without them for a while.

Besides porting the game to HTML5 has so many pros than cons, the gameplay experience will be even better than flash and overall the final product will give new life (kinda) to the franchise so it can stay relevant for a little while longer.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3128 Post(s)
    @Kranesh well adaptation is an important thing after all.

Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan550 View Post
    Of course mate. So many USN DD to choose form, or is Tanaka letting the other games take all the glory to themselves??
    The problem is with current Kancolle meta, Fletcher-class DDs are effectively super-Hatsuzukis, what with their high FP and very high AA (surpassing Akizuki-class, possibly even Iowa as well), with absolutely nothing to justify their extra resource consumption (they have fewer AA guns, but their radar, VT fuses and high-reliability AA guns makes up for it). Their torpedos are shitty but it's already fixed by the time Leyte Gulf happened. And they have two torpedo tubes instead of Akizuki-class which only had one, so their torpedo stats would be superior to Akizuki-class overall (albeit far weaker than IJN fleet destroyers). Given all that, I'd say the world-known Fletcher-class are too overpowered to be introduced in Kancolle, unless if they're nerfed like Richelieu. And if they do, more USN fags (or just the Fletcher fags in general) would demand status buff for them.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 09-17-2017 at 06:39 AM.
    Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

IGN
    Shepard
    Server
    Kanoya
    Rep
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Kancolle USA FB group had a much better shot of the new Royal Navy DD

Wo-san... why won't you come to my base?

Is it a fleet or a harem? I'm not sure...

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3128 Post(s)
    @Impstar_Deuce too clear that it hurts my eyes

Shiratsuyu-Girls:

IGN
    コスモスペンギン
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostLogia4 View Post
    The problem is with current Kancolle meta, Fletcher-class DDs are effectively super-Hatsuzukis, what with their high FP and very high AA (surpassing Akizuki-class, possibly even Iowa as well), with absolutely nothing to justify their extra resource consumption (they have fewer AA guns, but their radar, VT fuses and high-reliability AA guns makes up for it). Their torpedos are shitty but it's already fixed by the time Leyte Gulf happened. And they have two torpedo tubes instead of Akizuki-class which only had one, so their torpedo stats would be superior to Akizuki-class overall (albeit far weaker than IJN fleet destroyers). Given all that, I'd say the world-known Fletcher-class are too overpowered to be introduced in Kancolle, unless if they're nerfed like Richelieu. And if they do, more USN fags (or just the Fletcher fags in general) would demand status buff for them.
    Speaking of the balance of foreign DDs, am I correct that in real history the Royal Navy destroyers were rather mediocre in their anti-ship and anti-aircraft capabilities? As far as I read about them it seems that the Royal Navy had major difficulties with developing twin use high angle guns for them all the way until very late in the war and their AA capabilities were limited.

Given that I have doubts as the one incoming to be one of the Tribal class (I think the girl would have been designed to look like one from the named tribe if one is introduced, as with Kamoi) I think she would be given stats similar to Libeccio, with even better ASW stats (this is what RN DDs excel at after all). Let's see who's coming in November..... ;)

Summer-Early Fall 2018 Event cleared in all Hard mode and all new ships acquired September 30, 2018!

Rep
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Penguin View Post
    Speaking of the balance of foreign DDs, am I correct that in real history the Royal Navy destroyers were rather mediocre in their anti-ship and anti-aircraft capabilities? As far as I read about them it seems that the Royal Navy had major difficulties with developing twin use high angle guns for them all the way until very late in the war and their AA capabilities were limited.

Given that I have doubts as the one incoming to be one of the Tribal class (I think the girl would have been designed to look like one from the named tribe if one is introduced, as with Kamoi) I think she would be given stats similar to Libeccio, with even better ASW stats (this is what RN DDs excel at after all). Let's see who's coming in November..... ;)
    Dunno, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the Royal Navy, but yeah, I'd imagine they would have good ASW, considering that they have to deal with U-boats sinking their commerce shipping.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostLogia4 View Post
    That's impossible to say lmao. I seen the other games (Warship girls and Azur Lane) and doesn't even show them being strong, so why bother?

Shiratsuyu-Girls:

Rep
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan550 View Post
    That's impossible to say lmao. I seen the other games (Warship girls and Azur Lane) and doesn't even show them being strong, so why bother?
    Kancolle have it far worse than either game. In Warship Girls, Akizuki has a skill tailored specially for AA while Fletcher has higher base AA and all-rounded skill. As for Azur Lane, it's a shoot-em-up game and they have a much tighter stat range compared to Kancolle, so the stat difference are only represented in single digits, so both of them can get away without representing the Fletcher-class to be particularly overpowered.

In Kancolle, Akizuki-class and Iowa has insane AA stats (one can only imagine just how high the AA stats of the Atlanta-class could possibly be in Kancolle). In fact, when Akizuki first appeared, her base AA stats is equal to Yamato Kai, and is good 15 points higher than Maya Kai, with her Kai Ni getting the gap somewhat closer, but still loses out in terms of pure AA for a while. The problem here is: Fletcher-class surpassed the Akizuki-class even in AA despite not being purpose-built with extra torpedo tubes to spare, which kinda threw Akizuki-class's niche out of the whack. Add in their low displacement and lower gun barrel feed count and there is nothing to pull a "drawback" from.

All in all, I'd say it's actually pretty unfair to compare the Fletcher-class to destroyers from other navies. She is a Tier 9 destroyer (compared to Akizuki in Tier 8) in World of Warships for a reason.

Last edited by LostLogia4; 09-17-2017 at 03:02 PM.