Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)

Info on Saury festival and the new DE modding system

Saury festival

Quest detail and reward:

Quest 1: Get 4 fish. Rewards are funiture fairy/4 screw, and T3 sonar/searchlight/4 riceball (pick one from each group only).

Quest 2: Get 12 fish. Rewards are 2 Swordfish/2 Shiden k2/skilled pilot, and daihaitsu/Wg42/plane mat (pick one from each group only).

Quest 3: Get 30 fish. Rewards are Type124 ASDIC/TBF/2016 saury flag (pick one only), and the new saury flag.

Bonus equipment/ship:

Sonar, searchlight, skilled lookout, Depth charge (the tweet hints that there might be a negative effect in fish stock regen if you use DC. See here for more info.), and a plane that can scout for fish (possibly swordfish/seaplane/recon plane)

Edit: It is now confirmed that planes with floater, like obs, taitei and zuiun, will increase drop rate.

Edit 2: Swordfish and riceball are confirmed to increase drop rate. Moreover, it seems that the dev is implying only T3 and ASDIC increases saury drop rate among sonar, since the dev especially mentioned active sonar, and only those two are irl.

The use of DE will increase drop rate as well.

Maps with saury drop: (Nodes with question mark are not confirmed)
    World 1:
    1-1: B
    1-5: F, G, I
    1-6: D, I, J

World 3:
    3-1: C, F
    3-2: C
    3-3: D, I, G
    3-4: D, H, I, N, E
    3-5: E, K

World 6:
    6-1: H, J, K
    6-5: D, F, I, J, M

Note: As in last year, drop rate in the same world will decrease after a certain amount of drop. You will need to switch map regularly.

Maps with DE drop: (boss node S rank unless otherwise noted. Pls check this link for drop rate.)
    1-5: Matsuwa (Possibly only first copy)
    1-6: Etorofu (node B and J)
    3-1: Etorofu
    3-2: Kunashiri
    3-3: Shimushu
    3-4: Shimushu, Kunashiri
    3-5: Shimushu, Kunashiri, Etorofu
    6-1: Matsuwa, Etorofu
    6-5: Kunashiri (boss and node J), Matsuwa

Recommended comp:

1-5: 3DE+taiyou
    3-3: 3CV+ABKM+Yura+CLT

DE modding system
    Disclaimer: Please note that, as the official tweet says, this system is subjected to change in the future.

It is now confirmed that the you can increase the hp, ASW and luck stat of your ship by feeding them DE. Similar to feeding maruyu, it is possible to fail in improvement. Also, it seems that using different DE will yield different result. As of this point, we do not know the exact amount of increase per DE. I will update when there is more info.

[The following info are based on the decoding work by Andante, the creator of 74 Electric Observer. ]

1. ASW

The maximum increase in ASW by feeding DE is 9. We haven't discovered any cap/restriction yet.

2. Luck
    The maximum increase in luck is subjected to the max luck of the ship.

3. HP

The maximum increase in HP by feeding DE is 2. HP will only increase if you feed either shimushu+kunashiri or etorofu+matsuwa pair at the same time. HOWEVER, you will not be able to use DE to increase the hp of some of the ships, due to their internal hp cap.

For example, a married Bismarck Drei has 99 hp. Her internal hp cap is also 99. Since then, there will be no hp increase by feeding DE.

Another example is a married U-511 kai, who has 17 hp. Her internal hp cap is 18. Since then, you can at most give her +1 hp by feeding her DE.

For a list of internal hp cap, please check this list made by Andante. Please check the list before planning for hp modding.
    https://gist.github.com/andanteyk/c1...b014b5682b2807

You will find the pre marriage hp (初期HP), post marriage hp (既婚HP) and internal hp cap (内部最大HP) of every ship.

Recommendation on hp modding target
    First of all, it is very important to understand that more hp does not necessarily means better performance in KC. This is due to how overkill mechanics works. For more about overkill mechanics, please visit this article written by Echlll

I am going to borrow Echlll's graph to illustrate my point.

This is a graph of the damage pattern of different ships at full health. Look at the group from hp 32 to hp 35. You can see that the taiha rate has a general decrease trend from 32 hp (4n) to 35hp (4n+3). The taiha rate increases again at the next 4n hp ship again. The high taiha rate of 4n hp ships is due to them having lower rate in triggering overkill protection. On the other hand, 4n+3 has a general least taiha rate comparing to all other cases. The difference between 4n+1 and 4n+2 though is not that big. While it is true that 4n+1 has more taiha rate comparing to 4n+2, it also has less chuha rate. The comparison of 4n+1 and 4n+2, thus, is more of a case-by-case scenario, depending on what map you are going to face. Nonetheless though, we can clearly see that 4n+3 ships will have the highest survival rate comparing to 4n, 4n+1 and 4n+2, while 4n is the worst

Another thing to note is that the difference between 4n and 4n+3 decreases as the total hp increases. Take a look at this graph from the zekamashi site.

For BB/CV, the difference is effectively halfed comparing to DD. Moreover, the hp difference is only valid when overkill is triggered, but it will be much harder to trigger overkill protection on a high armor target like BB/CV. Not saying BB/CV will not benefit from 4n+3 hp, but DD/CL should have the priority.

tl;dr Go for any low armor ship with 4n or 4n+2 hp that you frequently use in hard maps (i.e. married poi, married/unmarried ayanami). 4n ships should aim for 4n+1, while 4n+2 should aim for 4n+3. You might want to mod 4n+1 ship to 4n+3 too after you are done with the priority.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by 211303; 10-11-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1484 Post(s)

ASDIC (the weakest one, 11ASW), TBF for those who somehow missed it from Sara's quest, and last year's Saury banner

All of them are either equally valuable or equally worthless in their own way, depending on what the player currently possesses and whether they care about furniture.

My thoughts would be

Missed TBF from Sara's questline somehow = Get the TBF

else

Do you care about one-time-only furniture = 2016 fishing banner

else = ASDIC

Though I imagine there would be people who already got the TBF and converted to TBM and probably just want another TBF anyway. I can't imagine they'd somehow have a repeating quest allowing the acquisition of something as strong as the TBM.

My picks for the first 2 Saury quests (and reasoning):
    [+] Spoiler

4 Saury quest
    Furniture Fairy or 4 Screw
    T3 Sonar or Searchlight or 4 Riceball

12 Saury quest
    Daihatsu or WG42 or Planemat
    2 Swordfish or 2 Shiden Kai Ni or Skilled Pilot

For the 1st quest, I can get more screws without CCCI, but I can't get more furniture fairies. The second set of rewards is totally useless, but at least the 4 riceball can eventually be converted into 4 screws over 4 days.

For the 2nd quest, I picked the Swordfish because it's rare and impossible to get currently. Shiden Kai Ni is actually useful for Night Fighter upgrades but my 200k bauxite says I can afford to craft them. And skilled pilot lol
    The other reward gave me trouble though. WG42 can only be acquired by farming Yuu, but I already have 6 of them. There is as of yet no way to get more planemats, and while I believe they will add ways if they get used in other things, there is yet no way of getting more. Decided to go with planemat as a form of insurance, reasoning that I never actually use all 6 WG42 at once anyway so it's no loss to have one less even if I never need the planemat.

Last edited by NanashiYoukai; 09-29-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

See You At Comiket 93! Friday 29 December メー48a
    Twitch

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    @NanashiYoukai Thanks for the info.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    If is "If I farmed 1-5 out, I can go to 1-1" or is it "If I farmed out 1-5, I have to go to World 3" ?

And is there any idea if multiple ships with searchlights/skilledlookouts help, or is the belief "just have it in the fleet"?

EDIT: Ah, wiki has it per node. So in 1-1 with only one node you must leave, but with 1-5, you're just less chanced overall if you deplete one..

Last edited by Ferreae; 09-30-2017 at 12:55 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    @Ferreae I don't think anyone knows the exact amount of bonus of each equipment, as it is very difficult to test with the overfishing mechanics in play. Might just want to stack as many as you can while still having sufficient firepower.

As for map switching, I am now doing 3-3/3-5 and 1-5. 1-1 is not a particularly good map for saury imo, cos half of the time you can even reach the node with drops.

Last edited by 211303; 09-30-2017 at 05:48 AM.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @211303 Figured as much on the 'exact'... too short a time, too many unknown and uncontrolled factors...but was hoping maybe maybe in previous years something was mentioned in a tweet.

1-1 was just for the amusement of throwing a few low-level dessies at it to rotate through all the new CG. Besides, next week when trying to get A-Go completed, it'll send us all to B-node instead. =P

Prefer 1-5, but seems after 4 fish it went dry (25 run streak..) and 3-3 (since coins and carriers~).

3-5... South route? Assuming you picked 3-5 to round out the other kaiboukan for modfod?

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    What's a good 3-5/6-5 farming comp?

1-5 seems to be really low for me so far, and I assume I'll exhaust 3-3 fairly quickly.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    @Ferreae yeah, 3-5 is mainly for getting DE. I use 3CV2CA1SS comp for north route.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2201 Post(s)
    So for someone with all 3, which of the 3 is the most useful?

Piuy is the boss.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    @firehawk12 For 6-5, if you are farming for saury only, use 2CL2DD2SS with 4 oasw. Send lbas to node F. This comp is only farming node F only. If you are going for matsuwa though, probably should go for 6-1 instead.