Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @Keyan_TTK I still don't think Yamato needs any buffs at all, but if she were to get one I don't think turret traverse is useful for how she plays. Especially when I take the reload module on her.

Turning radius would be a pretty huge and incomparable buff if you ask me.
    I thought Yamato's turn capability is fine but the turret traverse buff I can easily agree with. The landscape of Tier X BBs has changed drastically since the days of Yamato & Montana being the only ones there.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    I'm glad to see the TDS improving. It was one of the best in the war so it should be represented in game.

I'm still hoping for an accuracy buff however. Bismarck accuracy with worse reload and 32mm armor everywhere does not sound very fun, and I don't think speed boost will do much to change this. Glass cannon battleships could be fun, but the "cannon" part has to be on point for the concept to work.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    935 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    I thought Yamato's turn capability is fine but the turret traverse buff I can easily agree with. The landscape of Tier X BBs has changed drastically since the days of Yamato & Montana being the only ones there.
    Yamato can out range everybody in terms of effective shelling range. When range increases turret traverse speed is less important. Whatever the meta this has never changed for Yamato. Anyway, meta is just a "meta", a collection of community adopted tactics and practices that are most efficient for most number of players.

There are quite a number of things I could do with a tighter turning circle that I would place on borderline OP. Island hugging, turning good armor into incoming fire, etc, with a smaller circle the ship covers more of the turn faster. Yoy can stop short of torpedoes, and more easily take those u can't avoid on the belt. Yamato is ironically now also the shortest BB. It's like being a cruiser....a Zao....but with 460mm. Turning circle for me. Turret traverse buff for guns that are already that slow won't change much, it's still "planning" type usage, not "response" type like Montana style.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    @DLRevan It would also help alleviating the problem of her citadel shape by making it easier to angle it correctly against threats.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Spotted an Alsace earlier today.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    The French BBs (the ones with lots o'guns) have been nerfed.

ST, French battleships

Due to their many guns and higher than expected efficiency of a full main battery salvo, the Sigma value of the following ships was reduced:

Normandie, tier VI - from 1.8 to 1.6
    Lyon, tier VII - from 1.8 to 1.5
    Alsace, tier IX - from 2.0 to 1.7

Middle turret traverse for Normandie now has a range of 308 degrees instead of full 360.
    @Mobius' wishes won't be granted, it seems...

- - - Updated - - -

High tiers French battleships secondaries have been buffed. Ritchie and Gascogne's secondaries have now 7Km base range, Alsace has 7.5Km base range and France has a whopping 8km base range, outranging GK's Secondaries!

Rep
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK
    Edit: For the sake of seeing the whole picture with their Non-German BB peers by tier:

Tier VI
    Normandie 340mm 3x4 1.6 sigma
    Fuso 356mm 6x2 1.5
    New Mexico 356mm 3x4 1.5
    Tier VII
    Lyon 340mm 4x4 1.5 sigma
    Nagato 410mm 4x2 2.0
    Colorado 406mm 4x2 1.9 (recently reduced from 2.0 in same patch that buffed her HP)
    Tier IX
    Alsace 380mm 3x4 1.7 sigma
    Iowa 406mm 3x3 1.8
    Izumo 410mm 3x3 1.8
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...ues_0551_live/

So it looks fair so far. Fuso Shotguns basically.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 12-29-2017 at 03:27 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher
    Quick note: you switched Fusou's and Normandie's gun layouts: Fusou is the one with six twin 35.6cm guns, while Normandie has three quad 340mm guns.

Rep
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Thanks, fixed.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Another build is being tested for Alsace and France.

ST, French battleships Alsace and France

Main battery maximum firing range in top configuration of tier IX battleship Alsace is decreased from 21.5 to 20.3 km. "Spotting Aircraft" consumable is removed.

Main battery reload time of tier X French battleship France is decreased from 30 to 24 seconds.

These changes are made for testing purposes and may not be final.