Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I have no comment on the speed.

Last edited by DLRevan; 11-10-2017 at 05:40 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post

Yes pls
    @DLRevan
    Keep us posted!

(I know you can't)
    Map Flex, Repositioning of Richelieu will be amazing. If she needs to get away from a collapsing front, only the Khab or CV aircraft can keep up / overtake her. BBs being sunk because they were part of a collapsing group is a very real thing. Missouri gets away due to the combo of Iowa Stealth and 33 kts. 40kts for Richelieu will be great but dependent on consumable availability. Missouri and Iowa? They just need to stop shooting, go dark, and turn the fuck around and zip away. The 33 kts is always there no matter what.

I still remember a while back my friend in his Zao was furious because he could not finish off this near dead Missouri. He tried to chase the fucker across the northern map edge, all while the MO was doing enough gunfire and going dark to make him break Zao's straight line speed.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3755 Post(s)
    The SEA Group has datamined Lyon's data. To fire all quad turrets, you need to show quite a bit of the broadside (about 45°), but the belt isn't the 180mm the Devblog indicated, but a 300mm one. Also, it has nice AA power, quite on par with Gneisenau's, and better than Colorado's. And 27 knots with about 14s rudder shift time seem much more conductive to the required butt-wigging.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @Keyan_TTK I have no comment on the speed.
    I wasn't really expecting one either. Nice unrelated movie clip though. Probably the best moment of a pretty much forgettable movie.

Last edited by Keyan_TTK; 11-10-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1080 Post(s)
    Someone made an interesting analysis of Lyon on Reddit. It's quite detailed, so it's worth a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...k_at_the_lyon/

Those AP shells penetration values though... It's going to be painful to have to deal with it for 3 tiers.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I will attempt to continue to make more on-the-point irrelevant non-comments.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    The SEA Group has datamined Lyon's data. To fire all quad turrets, you need to show quite a bit of the broadside (about 45°), but the belt isn't the 180mm the Devblog indicated, but a 300mm one. Also, it has nice AA power, quite on par with Gneisenau's, and better than Colorado's. And 27 knots with about 14s rudder shift time seem much more conductive to the required butt-wigging.

I wasn't really expecting one either. Nice unrelated movie clip though. Probably the best moment of a pretty much forgettable movie.
    Seriously? Gneisenau can get ridiculous Tier VII AA, the kind that embarrasses Non-Kii / Non-Tier VIII+ USN BBs. My Gneisenau is AA specced and has 93 AA rating, 96 with the signal flag and planes just evaporate. Even Tier IX planes feel it.

As for having to show full broadside to fire all 4 turrets, I'm not too worried about that. She looks like she can present 3/4 in an angled profile and that's still 12 guns. Now, if nobody's paying attention because you're sailing with buddies, then you may get away with unmasking that 4th one

- - - Updated - - -
    @Mobius Thanks. To me she looks great. Shell for shell she looks weak in guns, but she can sling 12-16 shells. She'll try to fix problems the same way Fuso does. Throw so much shit down range and something's going to stick.

It throws a conundrum though. If you want that great AA, you got to take AAGM2. That means skipping out on ASM1.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -