Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    I just plan on stopping at Tier VIII or IX unless this all turns out different : )

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure most people will do that. I'll be happy to get Ritchie, and I'll buy her premium camo if it's the historical one, I'll probably try Alsace and her twelve 380mm guns, but unlocking France and playing her will probably happen after I get Hotel. And a T10 CV.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Redditor GeistHeller went through all of France's datamined stats and armour layout and posted this very nice analysis.

Her citadel is very well protected with a multi-layered armour scheme, her mobility is decent (but may be superlative with Speed Boost), her concealment is meh, her AA is very good (most of the AA power in the outer aura, so best for fleet defence), and her Secondaries are nice. Her main turrets are well armoured, with decent angles and awesome training speed, and the shells are indeed awesome. Holding that back is her main gun layout and the German-style dispersion (and her high muzzle velocity may be detrimental in that respect).

The tl;dr: she seems to be a very good flanker/kiter or a second-line Battlecruiser, fast and very good at killing Cruisers. Most of her actual performance will rely on her main guns' effectiveness. Speed Boost will probably help.

Of course, a cruiser-killer is totally what the game needs right now: between the PA DDs, the Montanas, the Hotels and the Sushis, the Big Currywursts and the stealth ConqHErors, there are still people playing Cruisers, how can that be?! Won't you stay dead?
    Also, her main weakness is still her main gun layout ; reload and accuracy can be buffed, the layout will stay as is.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Just gonna repost what I said in that thread:
    I mean, this post change nothing to the initial complaints some of us had. It still has the lowest alpha of all T10s, the lowest DPM, worse dispersion with less guns (and a lower overmatch value) than Yamato, bad bow-on firepower and a layout that's not very flexible. It still seems like it's not a jack of all trade while being a master of not a whole lot that matters (if anything) for a BB, even if its armor scheme and secondaries seems better than we first thought.

I think people are looking at this a bit too positively because the listing make it seems like each pro an con has the same weight, however "+Fastest TX BB Turrets." is certainly not equal to "-Only 8 Guns.".

And while OP's analysis is pretty good, I feel like there's a huge oversight in failing to mention that it has the worse alpha broadsides and the worse DPM of all T10 BBs, which is a massive deal for a battleship.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    If it can't work out, you can expect the layout to change. That is the other half of what I mean when I was talking about the multiple models....this ship has another potential layout for sure.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Call me weird, but if anything, I have a different issue with the proposed ship. The french baguette is 2nd from the right, right next to the gigantic German sausage.

You know I was also just thinking, what with all the.....frankly, I still find perplexing....complaints about Yamato. Why not give her the original 640m turning radius again? That'll be fun. Then bad players would complain less about being citadeled and I can laugh my way to more kills..

Last edited by DLRevan; 12-04-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    If it can't work out, you can expect the layout to change. That is the other half of what I mean when I was talking about the multiple models....this ship has another potential layout for sure.
    With this 431mm gun (and its performance), I think WG is kind of boxed in though. Add in more than one gun, and France flies past Yamato in the damage dealing capability department (except for overmatch, of course). So there's not that many alternative layouts, and pretty much all of them involve three triple turrets, either in an ABX layout (Iowa, Yamato) or ABC layout (Nelson, Izumo or Navy Field's C superfiring over B, with a gigantic barbette). I wish there was a French 16inch gun to put in triple turrets on Alsace, and quads on France.

Call me weird, but if anything, I have a different issue with the proposed ship. The french baguette is 2nd from the right, right next to the gigantic German sausage.

You know I was also just thinking, what with all the.....frankly, I still find perplexing....complaints about Yamato. Why not give her the original 640m turning radius again? That'll be fun. Then bad players would complain less about being citadeled and I can laugh my way to more kills..
    That, or you could buff Hotel's turret's training speed.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Good to know. I'm personally hoping that it'll change, but then again the second layout could be even worse so I could regret those words. Devil you know and all that.

Why not give her the original 640m turning radius again? That'll be fun.
    I've had this idea myself and honestly I like it too. It'd make her citadel weakness less of an issue for good players while keeping things as is for bad players. If Yamato is to get buffed, then I think this would be a good way to do it. It's essentially a buff to player skills rather than a buff to the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    With this 431mm gun (and its performance), I think WG is kind of boxed in though. Add in more than one gun, and France flies past Yamato in the damage dealing capability department (except for overmatch, of course).
    And why would that be a problem? Montana, Kurfurst and 419mm Conqueror already have heavier broadsides than Yamato. The reason why Yamato is balanced with less guns is exactly because of her overmatch and accuracy.

Now of course, France with twelve 431mm would have the heaviest broadside in the entire game, but I don't think it would be gamebreaking if you nerf it correctly: Reduce the sigma to 1.8 or 1.7, leave dispersion as is, put her reload between 32 to 35s, nerf the secondaries range to Montana/Conqueror level, nerf the rudder shift to Montana level, make sure the angles on the X turret aren't that great, keep the HP and detection range as is.

You'd have a ship with the heaviest broadside in the game and best bow on firepower (or second best if you think overmatching bows is better than more guns), but you'd have worse than average accuracy, longer reload times, huge detection range and the lowest health pool (Conqueror has a lower one in theory but the best in practice due to the wolverine heal) of all T10 BBs. I think it'd make for quite a nice glass cannon ship.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I still don't think Yamato needs any buffs at all, but if she were to get one I don't think turret traverse is useful for how she plays. Especially when I take the reload module on her.

Turning radius would be a pretty huge and incomparable buff if you ask me.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Gascogne and Richelieu got a buff!

ST, French battleships Gascogne and Richelieu, tier VIII

Gascogne receives "Engine Boost" consumable with following stats: 8% top speed increase, 180 seconds duration, 180 seconds cooldown, 2 charges (120 seconds cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment) Anti-torpedo defense is increased from 18.18% to 34.24%.

Anti-torpedo defense for Richelieu is increased from 31.82% to 34.24%.

These changes are designed to balance the ships better for their tier.
    These aren't the buffs you're looking for, move along, move along...