Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    @friggo
    2-5 can be quite hard at that level. Akashi also has a chance to drop at 1-5 boss if you don't have her :)

Signature by Fog

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chia View Post
    @friggo
    2-5 can be quite hard at that level. Akashi also has a chance to drop at 1-5 boss if you don't have her :)
    Thanks for the quick answer :)

However, she can only drop at 1-5 if your HQ level is 80+ if I'm not mistaken? I just hit HQ level 40 yesterday, so there's still a long way to go until 80 :P

Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @friggo

Akashi will only drop at 1-5 with HQ lvl 80+.

At this time, you should be farming for saury and DEs in the mini-event rather than farming for akashi. There is a small write up on the forum, you should be running 1-5 + 1-1 and maybe 1-6 as well. If you can get 12 saury, you can get a WG42 which will be helpful for events and is fairly rare.

After the saury event, you can just do 2-5 continuously until you get akashi and other rare drops. This will be heavy on resources and repair times though.

2-5 should be doable with ships around lvl 35-40 at least. The south route is typically used at lower levels, usual composition at lower levels is 4FBB / 2CV or 1FBB / 3CA(V) / 2CV.

Sample 2-5 sortie:
    https://imgur.com/a/TeKRb

Other rare drops in 2-5 include kawakaze, taigei, uzuki and yayoi. Uzuki and Yayoi are needed for certain quest chains. In particular, a fairly easy quest chain that will reward a daihatsu landing craft

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    @Kongou_Bongo

Thanks for the answer.

I read the forum post about the saury event, but all the info felt a bit overwhelming. Bear in mind that I've only been playing Kancolle for less than two weeks.

And what equipment loadout would be recommended for 2-5? I've read the general equipment guide in the wiki, but I mostly just have stock equipment and still just the 1 carrier (Akagi). Plenty of light carriers, though.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4764 Post(s)
    @friggo 2CVL2CA2DD takes the shortest route with the least grief in 2-5. You can take AS with just two fighters so feel free to fill the rest of your CVL slots up with torpedo bombers. CAs get 2 red guns, a seaplane and a radar if you have them. I suggest remodelling all ships to at least kai before attempting 2-5.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    @friggo Alternatively you can substitute a CVL with a CLT and you'll still go the shortest route. Quite useful at low levels where you'll likely need to go into night battle at the boss if you want to do 2-5 for the monthly because it's tougher to win at day battle then. Kitakami or Ooi only need to level to 50 to become their most powerful CLT form. They can become CLT at level 10 but they'll only have 2 slots and one slot needs a midget sub so you can't do double attack with 2 guns or even torpedo cut-in with 2 torps. But they're well worth investing in now as soon as you can get them. Even with stock equipment, 2-5 is still relatively easy if you set up right and max modernized at least firepower, torpedo, and armor as @Leyana mentioned above. I personally didn't attempt 2-5 until after 1 month from when I started, when my fleet had become a bit stronger.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4845 Post(s)
    Also a friendly reminder that Fall event will come in around a month's time. In case you do not know, an event is a series of maps that are only available in a short period of time (~3-4 weeks). You will get rare ship girls and equipments by clearing and farming these maps. Some of them will not be available again in a year, or even longer time. It would be wise to prepare for this event from now. We will be getting more info about this event in the following weeks, so stay tuned.

As for what to prepare for the event. Although the requirement of all events differ, generally speaking, you will need a fleet consisting of all ship classes. You do not need a very high level fleet for easy mode, so I would advice you to at least get 4 fbb, 3 cv, 2 fast cvl, 4-6dd, 4 ca, 1cl to kai, and both ktkm and ooi to k2 in the following month. If you can show your full ship and equipment list, I will be able to give you more detailed advices. We will also have an event preparation thread in late October, so you can post your progress again by then and ask for more advices.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    @Ghoulvarine @Leyana

Many thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the recommended loadouts once I've leveled up my ships in 1-5 a bit more.

@211303

I'm still trying to get my head around a lot of the basic gameplay concepts (didn't even know about torpedo cruisers until today), so I don't know if I can manage to scrounge up a decent fleet by the time of the event. Might as well give it a shot, though. But how do I make a full ship/equipment list? (I'm using the KC3 viewer to play)

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4845 Post(s)
    @friggo Click showcase, then export.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    @211303

Okay, I hope I did it correctly. Here's my stuff from 2 weeks of playing:

Ships: https://i.imgur.com/ij9rGhC.jpg
    Equipment: https://i.imgur.com/WUICUvL.jpg

What kind of ships/equipment should I be focused on acquiring at this point?

PS - sorry if I'm needlessly bumping this thread with constant questions, but I'm really digging this game so far and I keep wanting to learn more :)