Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    I'd also advice leveling at least two sets of KTKM and Ooi

Signature by Fog

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @Chia

Well, I still need to find my first Ooi :)

Also, general question: is 3-2 supposed to be really difficult to beat? I keep getting 1-2 destroyers hit to red health at the pre-boss node despite all of them being at kai and heavily modernized.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4725 Post(s)
    @friggo Do not bother with clones at your stage. Build up the basis first. Dupes are for people doing hard mode, where they actually need the extra firepower upon the already stacked fleet. It is pointless unless you do med/hard mode which bans you to use the same ship for every map. Most valuable clone targets can be farmed rather easily later.

As for maruyu, just save them for now and level them to kai while you grind 3-2. Again, it is too early to talk about luck modding when you don't even have the modding target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    @Chia

Well, I still need to find my first Ooi :)

Also, general question: is 3-2 supposed to be really difficult to beat? I keep getting 1-2 destroyers hit to red health at the pre-boss node despite all of them being at kai and heavily modernized.
    It is. Would be better if you get some more k2, but even with kai it is just a matter of time. Just make sure you are using 1cl5dd.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    @Murrue I said their useful, and considering two of them can be converted into light assault carriers keeping at least a couple clones make sense.

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've been really busy training my fleet and hunting for new ships the past few days. Here's my progress report thus far.

Ships

From the list of suggested ships, the following have been leveled to Kai:

Kuma
    Kitakami (K2)
    Takao
    Kumano
    Mogami
    Shouhou
    Hiyou

Still leveling towards K2:

Sendai
    Yuudachi
    Shigure
    Myoukou-class

New ships:

Abukuma - from the standard 250/30/200/30 construction recipe, leveled to Kai
    Hiei - from 3-2A, leveled to Kai
    Souryuu - my second carrier, from 2-2 boss node, leveled to Kai

Still missing:

Ooi
    Kongou (despite 250+ sorties to 3-2A, according to the KC3 log)

I've also leveled Maya and Isuzu to Kai Ni because of their unique abilities. Current full ship list included at the end of this post. I've been modernizing all these ships with the fodder I'm getting from 3-2A. Related question: what is the purpose of upgrading firepower on carriers? Increased bomber damage?

Resources

I've been limiting my bucket use to 1-2 per day for the past week, saving up a little over 200 buckets so far by spamming expedition 2. But even with constantly running expedition 21 with 4 sparkled and overdrummed ships for 100% great success, the powerleveling is really draining my fuel and ammo. My bauxite and steel are hovering around the softcap (~13k), while fuel and ammo are stuck at ~3-4k each.

Equipment

From nearly 100 plane crafting recipes since the last time, I've gotten 0 Reppuu and 2 Shiden Kai Ni. From the weapon recipe, two more AP shells but no Type 3 shells.

Current fleet: https://i.imgur.com/zjW9oaN.jpg
    Current arsenal: https://i.imgur.com/03nrMk6.jpg

Thanks for all your help so far, everyone

What would you recommend as the next step at this point?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4725 Post(s)
    @friggo You are making good progress. Keep this on and you are very likely going to clear the whole event.

As for what you need to do next:

1. Level Shigure and Yuudachi to k2. Try to find Ooi too and get her to k2 as well.

2. CL wise you only 1-2 for easy mode tbh. Focus on Sendai for now, I would say. Level either Kuma/Jintsuu if you have time, and k2 ABKM using your first medal.

3. Reach 5-4, and use that map for CV drop, and to train your CA/FBB/CV. It is a very effective map for grinding all kinds of fast ships. An effective 5-4 comp follows the following rules:
    a. Fast fleet with 4 drum canister.
    b. AS+ in all nodes (350+ fighter power), and no plane in 18+ slots.
    c. Rotate your ships to reduce bucket cost

Get back to us when you reach 5-4 and we can try to formulate some comps.

4. Not sure how you do PVP, but try to make sure you are fielding as many BB as possible. There is still one month left, and exp from PVP alone in the month should be enough to get your BB to k2 tier level.

5. equipment wise, keep building planes as you will need much more than that. Would ideally want one more ap shell and 1-2 more t3 shell too.

Last edited by 211303; Yesterday at 01:36 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @211303

Thanks once again for the advice!

On a positive note, I finally got Kongou (from 3-3), so hopefully my resource income will now increase thanks to the additional expedition fleet.

I'll get cracking on those suggestions, then. I'm a bit unclear what you mean by "no plane in 18+ slots" though. Could you elaborate?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4725 Post(s)
    @friggo It is basically a method to reduce bauxite cost, but of cos would also reduce damage.

Basically, part of the shoot down rate of planes are proportional, and the maximum shootdown rate of this phase in AS+ is 15/256, which is less that 1 for any slots equal to 18 or less. Since the shot down rate is round down, you will not lose any plane in that particular phase in AS+ for any slot 18 or lower. This will thus reduce bauxite cost for quite a lot. This applies to all types of fighters and bombers.

Obviously, this will gimp your opening airstrike quite a lot, so apply this technique with cautious.