Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    @friggo

1. Firepower on carriers increases their damage during shelling, right? But what does firepower do for submarines?
    Base night power=firepower+torp, which is why DD/CA/CL are so much better than BB in night battle.

And yes, firepower affects CV's shelling power. Ther formula is:
    (firepower+torp+improvement+dive bomb*1.3)*1.5+55

For more on damage formula and other battle mechanics, please check here: http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Combat#Main_Formula

I will recommend you to have at least a basic understanding on the damage cap and the type, effect and requirement of night and day special attack. Come back to us if you have any questions.

2. Morale has no effect on the accuracy/damage of the opening airstrike, right? But what about on opening torpedoes of subs, torpedo cruisers and seaplane tenders?
    Morale does not affect opening airstrike, but it affects opening torp.
    You should never run with low morale, unless you are in a map where you are killing everything with opening airstrike (ie 3-2a for example).

As for double line, double line increases day shelling accuracy, but torp accuracy decreases. Further more, it also gimps the damage of both shelling and torp. You really should not use double line against most surface target, unless the target has very high evasion and very, very low hp/armor (ie. pt imp). Use single line for most of the other time.

3. I spent nearly all of my bauxite (about 10k) yesterday crafting planes using the suggested recipe (20/60/10/100), HQ level 76, Souryuu Kai flagship, got 0 Reppuus. Is there a better recipe that focuses only on fighters, or am I simply that unlucky? I feel like I've got tons of torpedo and dive bombers already.
    You are just unlucky. Reppu will generally have a ~2% drop rate as long as you are using the right formula.

With that said I will have to disagree with @Ferreae for using 20/20/10/90, because you are seriously lacking good TB and DB as well. 20/20/10/90 has the same drop rate of fighter as the one you are using now.

The equipment crafting in KC is determined by 3 factors: secretary ship type, the highest resources type in your formula, and the amount of each resources. The former two determines the table of equipment you get, while the amount of resources determines the type of equipment you can get within that table. All the fails in equipment craft is the result of failing the second check. In each attempt, you will randomly get an equipment from the table you are in. If your formula have enough resources for that equipment, you get the equipment. If you do not have that equipment, you get a pengiun. By changing the formula, all it does is reduces the amount of resources per attempt, but at the same time excludes all top tier tb and db. The fighter drop rate will not increase per attempt.

As for whether you have enough bomber. I would say no. In an event you could expect to use 4 CV at the same time, on which 2-3 of the slots of each CV should be filled with bomber. You will also need some extra DB for your support expedition (4-6 per support fleet), and enough for your lbas teams. Speaking of which you might also want to build some lbas bomber. These bombers have long range, and are essential for event maps with lbas option due to their range. The formula for that is very expansive though, so you might not get enough before event, and would have to rely on the ryuusei/ryuusei kai to fill out gaps. Noted though that ryuusei/ryuusei kai has significantly shorter range, so they are relatively limited on the nodes they could reach.

If you want to build some lbas bomber, try 240/260/10/261 with CV secretary. A ~8% drop rate is reported with this formula.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    I forgot to add, clearing the quest chain f37-40 will give you a couple of lbas bomber. These quests have a pre quest that requires both cranes though, so even more reason to reach 5-4 and start the farm.

Another quest to be careful of is the quest f15 and f28-30 chain. These quests are plane conversion quest in which you can get elite fighters. For these quests in particular, the improvement on the source plane will carry over to the end product. By first fully mod the source plane, then complete the quest, instead of modding thr elite plane you get in the end, you will save quite a lot of screw. This is particularly important for f15 where you convert a zero 52 (601 squadron) to reppu (601 squadron). Since reppu 601 improvement is not released yet, modding the plane before completing the quest is the only way you can get a max reppu 601 now.

Last edited by 211303; Today at 06:34 AM.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Oh, I won't disagree with you @211303 on the better recipe, I was just addressing 'want fighter' with 'save bauxite'. My personal spam are 20/60/10/111 and 240/260/10/261 for what they offer ...but for a new player and this 'close' to an event, it might be too much?

The latter one is definitely one you'll want at some point, @friggo . Land-based planes in events can make a lot of difference, even on easier modes. It's pricey but they are worth having. No ability to reach the boss with your planes, or having to use up a slot with a seaplane, just hurts.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4726 Post(s)
    @Ferreae Well you still have around 1 month to the event, based on pass experience. Would depend on how active you are, but I think you could get out away with crafting plane for two more weeks before starting to save bauxite.

Rep
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Alright, Help & Support is not for megathreads anymore. If you have a question of your own or several that aren't related to each other please create a new thread for each one.

Closing this one.

Twitch
    Schedule:
    Thursday 17:00~21:00 UTC | Friday: 18:00~22:00 UTC
    Saturday: 16:00~Open end UTC | Sunday: 16:00~21:00 UTC