Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4750 Post(s)
    DDs: Yuudachi, Shigure, Ayanami, Kasumi and Arashio all have great Kai Nis. Getting them will help immensely.
    CLs: Kitakami, Kuma, Nagara, Natori, Sendai and Jintsuu should be focused on. Sendai especially for her night battle equipment. Having Ooi would be nice too in case the next event doesn't ban CLTs.
    CAs: Maya, Mogami, Myoukou, Haguro, Kumano, Nachi and Ashigara. Focus on Mogami and Kumano especially. CAVs can be helpful and we don't have a lot of CAVs.
    BB: Kirishima, Haruna, Fusou and Yamashiro.
    CVL: Ryuujou, Junyou, Chitose and Chiyoda.

I've left out some ships with good kai ni but that require blueprints since I don't think you can scrounge together enough medals before the event. A great place to level ships early on is 1-5 and 3-2 whenever you get access to the latter.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    @friggo Since you do not have a lot of time, I will try to make this list as short as possible by including only the lowest minimum amount of ship. You will need much more than that in the future when you have time. Remember that you should at least fully modernized the firepower, torp and armor of the ships I mentioned.

Ship training list:
    DD: Yuudachi and Shigure to k2. You can get away with both of them and Yukikaze kai in easy mode, plus the kai DD you have.

CL: Either Kuma or Nagara to kai. If you can, get Sendai to k2 as well, but that is not your most urgent priority. Keep any Abukuma you get in the future, as she is the most op CL in game by far.

CLT: KTKM and Ooi (if you get her) to k2.

CA: Get Takao (since she is very somewhat leveled), Kumano and Mogami to kai as well.

BB: Get Haruna to kai, and any new Kongou class you found to kai as well.

CVL: Shouhou and Hiyou to kai.

CV: Leave Akagi as she is, and train any new CV you find too to kai. Best place to farm CV are 5-2 and 5-4, but I don't know if you are even there yet. Might try your luck in construction, but ONLY after you have done everything else mentioned here.

Training spot:
    Depends on your progress, these are some possible training ground for you.
    1-5: Only before HQ rank 80 for training CL/DD.
    3-2: Large ships before you reach 5-4. Any heavy comp plus 1 submarine is fine.
    4-3: CL/DD training post HQ 80. Sample comp: DD/BB/CLT/CLT/CL/CV

Resources:
    Save as many bucket as possible. For the other resources, use them for training/crafting essential equipment. It is now more important for you to strengthen your fleet than stockpiling.

Equipment:
    Build half a dozen Reppu/shiden kai with the formula 20/60/10/100, using CV flagship.

Get 3 more T91 ap shell and T3 shell as well with the formula 10/90/90/30 using BB flagship.

This should keep you busy enough for now.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @Leyana @211303

Wow, thanks for the thorough answers. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me

Since I'm still in world 3, I guess I'll stick to 3-2 for training. Hopefully I can find the other Kongou ships to finally get my 4th fleet too.

Guess I'll start some heavy powerleveling and praying to RNGesus for the plane/shell crafting.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4750 Post(s)
    @friggo In case you didn't notice, clearing world 2 unlocks both worlds 3 and 4 at the same time. So if you can manage, you can unlock 4-3 to go along with 3-2.

Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @Leyana

Thanks a lot for the tip, I actually didn't know that. I'll give it a go after I've strengthened my fleet a bit. Will probably post an update on current ships/equipment in a day or two.

Two more questions that popped into my head.

1. I see that the saury event thing is about to end and I might actually reach 12 fish if I'm lucky (can't feasibly see myself hit 30). Considering the fact that I'm a total newbie and have 0 unique/rare equipment, which rewards would be the best ones for me to pick?
    2. Are there any ships that are worth keeping duplicates of? From reading the wiki, Maruyu seems to be good for modernization. Are there others that shouldn't be scrapped/fed to ships right away?

Rep
    Mentioned
    4750 Post(s)
    Well....

As for duplicates, I'd say Chitose and Chiyoda as AVs because they're fast AVs. Other than that, all the duplicates I keep are for levelling up for equipment.

Last edited by Leyana; 10-12-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @Leyana

I'm a bit confused. The saury thread says the rewards are:

Quest 1: Get 4 fish. Rewards are funiture fairy/4 screw, and T3 sonar/searchlight/4 riceball (pick one from each group only).
    Quest 2: Get 12 fish. Rewards are 2 Swordfish/2 Shiden k2/skilled pilot, and daihaitsu/Wg42/plane mat (pick one from each group only).
    Quest 3: Get 30 fish. Rewards are Type124 ASDIC/TBF/2016 saury flag (pick one only), and the new saury flag.

Where do F6F-3 & TBF etc come from?

Rep
    Mentioned
    4750 Post(s)
    Oops I was looking at the wrong set of quests.

I'd take: Screw & searchlight. Swordfish & WG42.

Rep
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    There are some other girls to consider leveling clones of in my opinion. Aviation cruisers are insanely useful during events and there are only 6 of them presently in the game, the Mogami and Tone sisters , though Mogami and her sisters can go CAV at a much lower level then Tone and Chikuma. BTW I'm not putting Zara in this as she has to be lvl 88 for her pseudo- CAV upgrade.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1538 Post(s)
    @Arv I don't think we ever had an event where we need more than 6 CAV.