Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)

My next luck-modded TCI ship.

My last project was Myoukou with 53 luck and I don't plan on increasing it for the purposes of TCI trigger rate as any extra luck will have diminishing returns. My top two candidates at the moment are Prinz and Ayanami. The question I really want to ask is would it be better in terms of fleet diversity to have another CA or another DD for TCI? My Shigure has 55 luck due to marriage and then there's Yukikaze and Hatsushimo's base luck. There's also Ayanami being close to Lv.99 and plan to ring so there's another luck boost there.

"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock ticking"

Started: 11/14/14 LSC Graduation: 7/7/16 First Kandex Completion: 5/21/17
    Remaining EOS: Sagiri My K2 List

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4842 Post(s)
    Yes. I would recommend to choose another ca/dd for luck modding. Both ayanami and pudding havr very high base luck, and they should trigger tci readily post marriage.

And yes, more tci capable ship is appreciated in case of a large scale event. Let's take last event as an example. You are required to use tci ships in e3,4 and 6, all with seperate locks. And while ships like shigure and hatsushimo has high luck, their very low nb powet means that they are only suitable as a 3rd tier tci dd.

Hence, I would recommend to choose either maya or poi for the next luck modding target. Poi had the highest nb power among dd, and can save you one slot for nb equipment since she reaches cap with 2 quint.

Luck modded maya, on the other hand, allows you to do both aaci and tci. This will largely increase your firepower whenever you use maya.

Last edited by 211303; 10-08-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Rep
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    @Ghoulvarine

What 211303 is saying, Yuudachi is the obvious choice. However turning Maya into a threat can be worth it since that lets you put her into 2nd fleet instead of first. There are situations when you might not use Maya for AACI but those are rare. She will need more modding than Yuudachi though.

Twitch
    Schedule:
    Thursday 17:00~21:00 UTC | Friday: 18:00~22:00 UTC
    Saturday: 16:00~Open end UTC | Sunday: 16:00~21:00 UTC

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    @211303 @nwrtz Assuming 5-slot Maya K2, how would her AACI+TCI loadout look like? I suppose the AA gun (concentrated deployment) will go to the expansion, then air radar + HA gun in the main slots, so leaving the other two main slots for two torps? Air radar on Maya is also not required since her minimum set-up to AACI is HA gun + AA gun so it could free up a third slot for a third torp, but in terms of cap, wouldn't she be able to reach it with just two? Thanks for the input.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4842 Post(s)
    @Ghoulvarine She will be able to reach damage cap with 2 quint+90mm+AA radar+machine gun, as long as they are upgraded.

IGN
    Ari-kun
    Server
    パラオ泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    @211303 Oh my quints are +6 and the 90mm is +10 so there should be some help there. Should I try to put some points into the concentrated deployment as well whenever I have spare 25mm triple AA guns?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4842 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulvarine View Post
    @211303 Oh my quints are +6 and the 90mm is +10 so there should be some help there. Should I try to put some points into the concentrated deployment as well whenever I have spare 25mm triple AA guns?
    Machine gun upgrade will not help with night damage as the star on all machinr gun only contributes to day shelling and torp damage.

With that said, you should still upgrade it for the increased shoot down rate.

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    @211303 A bit off-topic, but how much stars do you need in order to make a 25mm concentrated better than the bofors 40mm?

Last edited by Murrue; 10-12-2017 at 07:59 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4842 Post(s)
    @Murrue Well, obviously we cannot compare the firepower buff from both machine gun because bofors will surely win at night while a upgraded 25mm conc is better for day. Since then, I will only talk about AA here.

In terms of the shootdown rate bonus to the equipped ship alone, a +2 25mm conc is roughly equal to bofors. Fleet AA wise the difference is very, very minimal, since machine gun as a whole do not contribute much to fleet AA in the first place (can't help your mate 1-2 km or so from you with machine gun, right?)