Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2203 Post(s)
    I call this phrase with all the UI changes this year

Kantai Collection: since we are going to move to HTML5 let's finally make some improvements to the game edition

Frankly, this game have the slowest QoL improvements over other lasting games in DMM that I have played.

Piuy is the boss.

Rep
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Apperently, cut in for carriers have been fixed to also gain crit and acc from aircraft proficiency.

Those DB might be needed soon after all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4788 Post(s)
    Fusou got a new line, guys! And this batch of new lines are called "the night before the final battle" (決戦前夜)

Surigao Hype Party!

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ofi123 View Post
    I call this phrase with all the UI changes this year

Kantai Collection: since we are going to move to HTML5 let's finally make some improvements to the game edition

Frankly, this game have the slowest QoL improvements over other lasting games in DMM that I have played.
    Reminds me of a certain country who couldn't adapt fast in the changing world... Kinda ironic that this is a JP-based game...

@211303 Oh god. And I live near in Surigao... Weather is pretty f*cked here so... RIP

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 161]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4788 Post(s)
    Successful comp for the new exp:

We are not sure the exact requirement yet, but these are some comp taken from successful cases

A1: 1cl3dd, 2dd2de, 4dd

A2: 4dd, 2dd2de, 1cl5dd (180 total asw and lv25 flagship are likely some of the requirement for a2)

A3: 1cl4dd1de, 1cl5dd, 1cl4de, 1cl2dd2de, 1cl1dd4de, 2dd4de, taiyou+4de, 1cl3dd2de (both success and fail are recorded for some of the comp. it is suspected that the overall asw stat could affect the rate of success. Will update when we get more info) (It is confirmed that 280+ total asw is one of the requirements)

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and for the sortie quest, you need to use 1cl flagship, 2dd/de and 1-3 wildcard ships to clear 1-3, 1-4 and 1-5. Do not know if S rank is needed, but it shouldn't matter for these maps.

Last edited by 211303; 10-21-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    884 Post(s)
    Wouldn't say it's the slowest to gain't QoL improvements.

But a combination of badly needing QoL improvements as well as getting them at this pace contributes to the feeling.

Curious that we would get such an update though. If I were developing the new version I woukd save all UI changes for then.....and I would change pretty much everything if only to give the game a fresh look. It's not much work to do this much, I suspect it was more to be able to insert expedition A1 than anything else.

And A1 seems very fuel and ammo efficient.

Last edited by DLRevan; 10-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    The refueling at the expedition screen is rather cute... and considering how many times I get to that point then realise (often as click faster then pay attention) I hadn't resupplied, going to be a saver.

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    With all the UI changes and the overall hype about HTLM5, I'm sure Tanaka and the rest of the devs finally stopped being lazy to properly fix and revamp the game to keep it relevant... my theory of why is this happening now is not only by the eventual death of Flash, but I think it's mostly about Azure Lane and the direct threat it represents, AL is spreading like wildfire in Japan so unless KC doesn't catch up it will be left pretty far behind.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    884 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    With all the UI changes and the overall hype about HTLM5, I'm sure Tanaka and the rest of the devs finally stopped being lazy to properly fix and revamp the game to keep it relevant... my theory of why is this happening now is not only by the eventual death of Flash, but I think it's mostly about Azure Lane and the direct threat it represents, AL is spreading like wildfire in Japan so unless KC doesn't catch up it will be left pretty far behind.
    I feel AL doesn't have much legs in it's characters. The designs are pretty typical of Chinese made games, more stereotyped than archetyped. Fanservice over grounding. That is not to say the game is bad, I've played it for awhile, but I actually doubt it will have a sizable otaku following in the long run.

That matters because since AL has a completely different battle mechanic from KC, to draw the remaining population from kancolle it will have to compete on that front, excepting those who dislike kancolle's RNG-based gameplay to begin with and didn't have alternatives.

That is good, in a way, for both games, in the sense that they don't actually cannibalize each other's playerbases. Similar to how Touhou lives alongside Kancolle, even though 4 years ago people predicted one would kill the other, depending on whose side you were on. AL will continue to be pretty popular, it's one of the top games in Japan atm, but I feel that has more to do with the fact that a game with its mechanics was absent in the top charts. Not because its stealing KC players.

On my own part, I didn't continue AL because battle requires more attention and control from me, something I'm not looking for in my casual games.

No, these improvements have more to do with the fact that KC has to move out of Flash. I can largely imagine the development team's situation.

Flash is difficult to extend, and to begin with KC started as a throwaway project, leaving tons of inefficient and broken code lying around. The initial flash developers they got probably weren't the best, and as the years went by, "skilled flash developers" became an oxymoron as everyone was moving away from the platform. Their team probably stayed small, and on the technical side, relatively low-skilled.

Improving the game was difficult, which led to side projects like the Android version. Which clearly had technical and or/personnel constraints too, because they didn't develop an iOS version, when more than 50% of Japan uses iPhones.

Now they are moving to HTML5...or rather they must have been for quite some time, at least half a year, to a year in development now. Probably with some new guys who are experienced HTML5 devs, while the older guys learn the platform as fast as possible. This is when, with pretty much a fresh start, they can clear away all the problems of bad code and standards, introduce new features they couldn't before. Even up the resolution of the game for starters.

What about the small updates like the expedition screen we're getting now? Why didn't we get it before if its possible now, even before the HTML5 version? Likely because it was that much work implementing the new features we did get, mostly for events. What we are seeing now could even be features being developed by a flash dev who's leaving the team come next year, who knows.

Rarely do I see Japanese games marred by 'lazy' devs. Often its situations like how I described above. Or politics....I'm sure the KC dev team has had their share of that too.

Last edited by DLRevan; 10-18-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rear-Admiral
    Rep
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    You can farm devmats now?!?!