Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1101 Post(s)

Ship Discussion: Musashi

Stats from the devblog:

ST, Japanese battleship Musashi, tier IX.

Hit points - 97 300, plating - 32 mm, belt - 200 - 410 mm. Main battery - 3х3 460 mm. Firing range - 26.5km. HE damage - 7300, AP damage - 14800. Reload time 35 s., 180 degree turn time - 72 s., maximum dispersion - 275 m. HE initial velocity - 805 m/s. AP initial velocity - 780 m/s. Sigma - 1.8. Maximum speed - 27 kt. Turning circle radius - 900 m., rudder shift time - 18.7 s. Surface detectability - 17.5 km, air detectability - 16.0 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 19.3 km.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.
    T9 and 1.8 sigma...

Last edited by Mobius; 10-18-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Very, very mixed feelings about Musashi. Without getting into a long rant that I'm prone to doing, I'll just leave this to sum up how I feel about it.

Nerfed Yamato-class to fit into Tier IX, but will end up facing nothing but Tier X's anyways.

People like to say that Musashi will be overpowered at Tier IX when bashing Peasant Tier VIIs. But you and I know that Tier IX rarely are ever Top Tier. They are almost always seeing Tier X.

I had really, really wished Musashi would be a Tier X Premium in her full glory I don't know why WG was so apprehensive to release a Tier X Premium when they crossed that boundary already with Tier IX Missouri. If there was a ship-class to rate being a Tier X Premium, a Yamato-class would have been great to first represent the idea. Instead we get this.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 10-19-2017 at 06:44 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Chia
    Server
    Saiki Bay
    Rep
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    She looks kinda naked without Yamato's mass of secondary/AA guns....Just, there's a lot of unused deck space, why didn't they put something there?
    On the topic of Tier X Premiums, putting Musashi at Tier 9 seems even more stupid now that they have announced the Stalingrad (sure, a reward ship, but still a Tier X prem)

Signature by Fog

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3792 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chia View Post
    She looks kinda naked without Yamato's mass of secondary/AA guns....Just, there's a lot of unused deck space, why didn't they put something there?
    Because they can't. That would restrict the wing 155s' arcs of fire. Also, notice how everything is closed down (even the AA guns) and there's not many platforms or windows on the superstructures. That0s because of the massive concussion blast from the 46cm guns, which could kill a man standing on the main deck when those were firing.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    Very, very mixed feelings about Musashi. Without getting into a long rant that I'm prone to doing, I'll just leave this to sum up how I feel about it.

Nerfed Yamato-class to fit into Tier IX, but will end up facing nothing but Tier X's anyways.

People like to say that Musashi will be overpowered at Tier IX when bashing Peasant Tier VIIs. But you and I know that Tier IX rarely are ever Top Tier. They are almost always seeing Tier X.

I had really, really wished Musashi would be a Tier X Premium in her full glory I don't know why WG was so apprehensive to release a Tier X Premium when they crossed that boundary already with Tier IX Missouri. If there was a ship-class to rate being a Tier X Premium, a Yamato-class would have been great to first represent the idea. Instead we get this.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it. Such a wasted opportunity.

I'm not even sure it's going to be that great. Sure it has a shitload of health for T9, but the near complete absence of AA coupled with slow guns and mediocre accuracy might not make up for it. Ultimately, I feel like Missouri will remain the better choice as far T9 premium BB goes due to being more versatile.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    Missouri works because the Iowa ingame plays very differently from Montana.

But no matter what, when you get down to it, Musashi is a nerfed Yamato that takes hits in the very thing that is Yamato's signature... ACCURACY... as well as some other things. And will still see Yamato almost every time. I face palmed so hard when I saw the WoWS Asia Dev saying officially that WG was very apprehensive of doing Musashi at Tier X.

Just imagining how Tier X Musashi would be was fun, and at Tier X, she'd be at her full strength. Tack on the 1M FXP cost or whatever, and you're set. How hard did it need to be?

Aaargh!

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If next ranked has T9 and need punish stationary campers from the bow, it can have some uses.
    We will see how well her secoundries too.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1101 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher I hear you man. It wouldn't even be hard to make her unique: Remove her ability to launch fighter planes (but still be able to launcher spotter planes) and give her sanshiki shells. It would have to be loaded like a normal hell (although maybe with built in expert loader) and would've a cone of effect similar to how we aim with torpedoes. It'd be balanced because you'd be trading AA for another form of AA and the bad traverse would limit how well you can track aircrafts.

Alas, WG seems to hate fun things :<

@hidahos Her secondaries are going to be godawful. The 15.5cm fire only AP and have a 12s reload. Unless they change the shells to HE, reduce the reload time by 50% and increase the base firing range, they won't be any good.

Last edited by Mobius; 10-20-2017 at 06:57 AM.

IGN
    Darjeeling
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5694 Post(s)
    @Mobius i want to hit a DD with Type 3s. let me turn those 18inch guns into god's own shotgun.

Married to Nagato 23/02/2016. Married to Iowa 26/09/2016. Married to Warspite 25/10/2016. Married to Houshou 19/12/2016.
    Married to Musashi 26/02/2017 Married to Ushio 10/03/2017. Married to Maya 25/03/2017. Married the Chitose Sisters 24/07/2017.
    The Ship Soul War (Kancolle Fanfic)

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3792 Post(s)
    @Lord Harrab
    Allow Defensive Fire on USN battleships and we have a deal.