Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Hoshimaru
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @friggo
    That said a small scale event is ideal for a beginner.
    My first event was a medium (Spring 2015), and I was able to get Katsuragi and Italia without any strong CAs but I ran out of resources in the process twice, so I didn't do E5 for Akitsushima (I eventually got her in a later event).
    I actually failed the summer event that year because I didn't have Maya K2 or enough K2 ships to help me with E6, so you're ahead of where I was.
    But 50k resources is a good recommendation for a small event.
    70-80 is good for medium, and over 100k with 60-70k bauxite is decent for large events. On easy of course. Higher difficulties you'll want more, but you also probably don't want to try that yet.
    Honestly I'm told my numbers are high and you could do fine with less, but whatever you have left over you can devote to your off time or stockpiling for the next event.

Last edited by Hoshimaru; 10-31-2017 at 10:16 PM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)

The coming event is confirmed to be a medium scale event

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    The coming event is confirmed to be a medium scale event
    "Smaller-scale" they said. Well, technically a 6 map event would be smaller.

I'm expecting something similar in size to the Saratoga event, which was a good event imo (despite throwing all historical accuracy into the dustbin), but I anticipate the current one will be both difficult and tortuous with all that 'decisive battle' shilling. Welp, RIP all my time for the next two months.

Just, please, give us good music to ease the pain a little.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

See You At Comiket 93! Friday 29 December メー48a
    Twitch

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)

The event will start on 17 Nov 2017.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4755 Post(s)
    That leaves plenty of time for more powerlevelling.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Full stockpiling-mode here. Only the subs and the littlest dessies are allowed to leave port

Though the Nishimura ships keep trying to sneak into PvP fleets :P

IGN
    Hoshimaru
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Oh shit. I'm specked for a small event.
    And that would make more sense considering the only thing we're really getting out of this event is Suzutsuki and some equipment probably.
    In any case I've got another 2 weeks or so.
    I'm aiming for 50-55k bauxite and 90-100k everything else then. I'm not too fair away, and I've been spamming exp6 nonstop pretty much. I'm up to 43k so far. If it were a small I'd say I'm good to go already.
    I've been bored so I've been upgrading anyone I can who isn't too expensive (CLs and DDs).

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferreae View Post
    Full stockpiling-mode here. Only the subs and the littlest dessies are allowed to leave port

Though the Nishimura ships keep trying to sneak into PvP fleets :P
    Since it is now clear that the Nishimura are needed to upcoming battle...

Now that makes me wonder, will that Nishimura TTK appear now?

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 161]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandan550 View Post
    Since it is now clear that the Nishimura are needed to upcoming battle...

Now that makes me wonder, will that Nishimura TTK appear now?
    He appears in every event. This is basically his event though.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    Since we are so close to the event, there is a couple of tips to @friggo or any others who are doing their first event.

1. As you may or may not know, a event map has 3 difficulty level, namely easy, medium, and hard. The most important feature is the ship locks. Ship lock only has its effect in med and hard mode, BUT it will be assigned to your ships in all difficulty.

Basically, almost every event map has a tag, and any ships ever sortied in this map will be tagged accordingly. In med and hard mode, you cannot sortie this tagged ship in another map with a different tag. The effect of the tag is ignored in easy mode, but ships tagged in easy mode would still be banned from a map with different tag in med or hard difficulty. Thus, it is very important to gather information and plan out every fleet you are going to use in each map before even stepping into the first map.

2. The assigned difficulty is only a general broad outline. It should not be taken as an absolute wall on newbie. In the past we have maps that are so easy that anyone could clear in hard mode (2017 Spring E4 comes to mind), and also maps that are actually harder in lower difficulty (2015 Fall E5 hard vs easy). It is thus adviced to consider the actual difficulty and reward before choosing which difficulty you are going for.

3. If you are relatively new, or do not have a powerful fleet with deep bench, it is highly not recommended to start an event the first day. All the information of an event map (including routing, special ship bonus, enemy type, etc) is not revealed to us beforehand. It is generally advised to wait for frontline report from veteran TTK. Usually, it will take 2-3 days. By waiting, you can minimize the risk of locking key ships of a map in the wrong map. Sometimes, the difficulty of a map will suddenly drop due to newly discovered mechanics or routing. You might not be able to benefit from this if you already locked required ships in different maps.

So, generally, I would advice you to start 3-4 days after the event starts at the earliest. More if the frontline is still struggling to clear. In the meantime, take note from frontline report concerning what you need to prepare and prepare accordingly. See if you can clear in higher difficulty in certain maps for better rewards. It is also important to note that event is the heaven of false reports/info. Cross check any new info you get from different sources before fully committing.

4. The most common reason for people failing in a certain map is because of problematic or unreasonable setup, but not lack of powerful ships or abundant resources. If you have any doubt on your setup, feel free to post your full setup in the relevant event thread, which will be here when the event starts, and ask for help. Do this as soon as possible, before you waste too much resources with ineffective setup. Please also note not to simply believe in any advice from anyone. Not everyone has a through understanding to the game, or is up to date with the latest event mechanics. Ask for a source or an explanation when you are in doubt.

5. The last bit of event info should be available from the latest issue of Comptiq in 1-2 days. Stay tune for more info.