Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 211303 View Post
    He appears in every event. This is basically his event though.
    It is just that no one is sharing it so far and I had no time to check it in nico-video either.

I do want to his progress in the event dedicated to the namesake itself.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 161]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    http://himeuta.org/showthread.php?11...27#post1217827

Comptiq info leak concerning the coming event is available in the above thread.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hi, me again!

With just one week to go, this'll likely be my last pre-event update. Feels kinda weird being the only one asking for help in this thread, so I don't want to come off as being too spammy

I'm looking for some last-minute advice and a possible course correction, seeing as the new event will apparently be medium-sized instead of small? I haven't played an event of any size, so I have no frame of reference, but I assume it requires a lot more preparation than previously anticipated.

Anyway, here's what I've managed to do in the past 10 days since my last post:

Fleet

My carrier situation has improved quite a bit, considering the fact that all I had two weeks ago was a single Akagi and a Souryuu. I've just finished leveling Chiyoda and Chitose into light carriers and got my first Hiryuu a few hours ago. The Kongou-class is coming along nicely and I got my third aviation cruiser in the form of Suzuya. Not quite sure which ships to focus on now. Destroyers maybe? But 4-3 leveling seems too expensive resource-wise, especially right before an event.

Current fleet: https://i.imgur.com/xQw9nLx.jpg
    Old fleet for reference: https://imgur.com/MRoTGBR

Equipment

Well, I've managed to acquire a few LBAS bombers. I also got Akashi, so I've been following the Loadout Guide and tinkering with upgrades. As a newbie admiral, I'm limited in the amount of screws and rare upgrade-worthy equipment, however. Not really sure what to focus on developing/upgrading at the moment.

Current equipment: https://i.imgur.com/KN7miKf.jpg
    Old equipment for reference: https://imgur.com/WUICUvL

Resources

Steel and bauxite are hovering at around 40k, fuel and ammo a lot lower due to constant leveling, about 25k each. Bucket count has reached 700. Should I go into full stockpiling mode now or do I still need to powerlevel some ships?

@211303

That's a lot of useful info, thanks. I've got no intention of jumping in blindly, so I guess I'll watch this space then. What are some good sources for event-related information in addition to this forum? The fall event page on the wiki and such?

That's a lot of questions again

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @friggo Spring of this year was my first event (with a fleet ~two months old I think), and managed to do a 'hard/hard/easy the rest' clear, having had only 35k fuel, 28k ammo and 42k bauxite. Finished with 7k fuel, 13k ammo and 18k bauxite and had used up 200 buckets.

So you SHOULD be okay to clear, on easy..the question is then becomes 'how much farming do you want to do?'

As for guides, personally I keep an eye on a few spots, and put it all in a spreadsheet, and compare the suggested/successful compositions to what I have..and play mix/match to make my fleets.

This link http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Fall_2017_Event will fill up with info as info is collected. Alternatively is http://en.kancollewiki.net/wiki/Fall_2017_Event
    The reddit page ( https://www.reddit.com/r/kancolle/ )will have individual threads for the maps, as well as a 'master' thread; you can watch the info coming in there as well as questions. It will also have a salt thread to hear the gnashing of teeth from your fellow Admirals =P

There are also a few spots that collate drop information from the users of various 'clients/addon', but they are mostly in Japanese. Useful though to realise that ship you're breaking your fleet over, has only a 0.2% drop chance and you're better served moving on.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    @friggo all around a pretty solod fleet already. I would say you should continue stockpile buaxite, but you can use your fuel and ammo, as long as they are around slightly lower than the natural regen cap, so that you can benefit from it.

If you want to level some more ships, kasumi, ashigara, nachi and ayanami to k2 will do you well. The first 3 being possible event ships and solid ships on their own, and ayanami is just the 2nd best dd in game. You should continue level your kongou class via pvp till they all reach k2 as well.

As far as equipment upgrade goes, getting all your t91 ap shell to +6 is probably the first priority, since their better version, the t1 ap shell, is simply too expensive to upgrade. Putting some stars on your proto 356 is also a good idea. Also upgrade quint to +6 when it is the day. 20.3(2) is not a bad choice, but keep in mind that it is an intermediate equipment, and would be replaced by 20.3(3) eventually. Do not over invest on them. This should last you till event starts, where you might be able to get other high priority equipment (10cm hafd, enough medal to k2 cranes for iwamoto, etc)

Edit: also, another source is to watch the frontline stream from veteran ttk. Here's a couple that might be of your interest:

Japanese RTA streamers:
    These are generally the fastest among all ttk, and is an important source for enemy comp and routing. Noted that though most of them rely on extremely high level fleet and goddess spam to clear maps with brute force, so you might not want to adopt their tactics.
    Nevertheless, these should keep you entertained for a time.

Zuizui's stream:
    http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co2603055

鈴音るぎ's stream:
    http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co3185730

Japanese RTA stream spreadsheet:
    http://urx3.nu/GPTu

English speaking streamer:
    For this you could check out our strean thread, and also just search kantai collection in twitch. English speaking streams are generally in a slower pace than the Japanese, but they are useful in examining more sophisticated tactics and routing. I will be streaming as well, but due to IRL commitment, I can not promise I can keep up the pace. Would try to clear it as quick as possible.

Honorable mention:

Nishimura ttk's stream:
    http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co1103047

Among streamers there is also a group of ttk that purposefully clears with gimped fleet (historical fleet, full dd fleet, akashi flag etc). This guy is famous for using nishimura fleet only for every event. Since this ia basically his event, it would be fun to watch.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by 211303; 11-09-2017 at 03:21 PM.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3111 Post(s)
    @211303 yeah. It seems he is not notice recently or none in my circle put an effort to talk about it lel

Speaking an full-DD fleet... There was this TTK who uses Mutsuki-class...

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 161]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    Hoshimaru
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @friggo
    As I?ve mentioned before, you?ve got more buckets than you could possibly need. That amount is what I had for the last large event.

Spam 5, 21, and 37/38. That?ll crank up your resources in a reasonable hurry.
    Your fleet is pretty decent, but they?re low leveled. That?s no fault of your own, it takes time to get a really good fleet together.
    I?d say you should be passable, but focus on your fuel and ammo!
    You can only go as far as your lowest resource. That?s called your limiting factor.
    50k would be good, though technically you can try it with less, just don?t expect any guarantees.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshimaru View Post
    @friggo
    As I?ve mentioned before, you?ve got more buckets than you could possibly need. That amount is what I had for the last large event.

Spam 5, 21, and 37/38. That?ll crank up your resources in a reasonable hurry.
    Your fleet is pretty decent, but they?re low leveled. That?s no fault of your own, it takes time to get a really good fleet together.
    I?d say you should be passable, but focus on your fuel and ammo!
    You can only go as far as your lowest resource. That?s called your limiting factor.
    50k would be good, though technically you can try it with less, just don?t expect any guarantees.
    I will have to strongly recommend against stockpiling ammo and fuel, provided that @friggo will be playing at a similar pace as he is now through the event. Here are the reasons:

1. You will have more than enough resources to clear and do some farming without stockpiling in easy-med mode.

Let's do the maths here. This will be a med event, so I will assume it lasts for 21 days. Let's also assume you start with 20k fuel and ammo, and you can send expedition for 12 hours a day (not difficult at all if you have android phone). You will be doing sparkled 5, 21, 38 in those 12 hours. I will also ignore overnight expedition for buffer. In this case, your effective resources in the event should be:

Fuel:
    Natural regen: 1440x21=30240
    Expedition: (265x8+412x5+558x4)x21=134652
    Starting resources: 20000

Total:30240+134652+20000=184892

Ammo:
    Natural regen: 1440x21=30240
    Expedition: (300x8+351x5)x21=87255
    Starting resources: 20000

Total:30240+87255+20000=137495

I think it should be pretty clear that the resources is quite enough just by looking at those numbers. The only reasons to actually stockpile are 1) you really have very, very little time to play and send expedition, 2) you need to do some heavy farming (and by heavy farming we are talking about 500+ runs with combined fleet), or 3)you need to clear the event fast for whatever reasons. In other circumstances, it is simply better and more efficient to utilize the natural regen, especially when you are new and you have a lot of upgrades to make.

2. There are still quite a lot of ships to train
    As the comptiq interview has told us, the historical ships will be important. He doesn't have many of the relevant ships ready yet. Even if we ignore the historical ships, friggo could still benefit from getting more powerful ships. Stockpiling now would mean losing 1440 fuel and ammo a day, which effectively equals to around 15000 fuel and ammo till you actually start the event. You could utilize this resources to strengthen your fleet quite a bit.

Last edited by 211303; 11-09-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback!

Regarding resources, I have been able to keep my ammo barely below softcap by running 3-2A to level 5 ships at once, so I could take advantage of the natural regen as 211303 suggested. But my fuel is quite a bit above the cap and I don't think I can burn enough of it to drop it below the cap.

As for how much farming I want to do during the event... lots, I guess? I have 0 event-only ships, so I'd definitely like to get some.

And regarding the fourth medal, I still haven't done any EOs aside from the first two worlds, because I'm not sure if my fleet is up to it. With the ships that I have, is it worth it to try 3-5 or 4-5 to get the fourth medal?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    @friggo switch to a less fuel focus expedition combination if you have a surplus of fuel, but a general decrease in all other resources. I assume this could happen when you farm 5-4 a lot. Perhaps changing exp 38 to either 37, 2, or 6? Basically, just make use of different expedition rotation to adjust your resources, but not let the expedition rotation determines your resources.

As for additional EO, if you are 1 medal away from a blueprint, then definitely go for 3-5. 4-5 is probably a bit tough for your current fleet due to lack of good bb and CV. However, if you get the extra blueprint, DO NOT use it yet. Wait till the event and see who you could get the most from.

For 3-5 comp, there are basically 2 major routes, north and south. South is now a big no-no to you due to your lack of good DD, so let's look at north route. The major problem of north route is the Northern Princess in the 3rd node. She is an installation boss with very high firepower, and could taiha any of the ships you can field in one shot. However, this route allows you to use a rather heavy comp, and it will be a ~100% victory as long as you reach boss. With your ships, I think something like this could work:

Fleet:
    Myoukou: 20.3(2)/20.3(2)/recon/t3 shell
    Akagi: Ryuusei kai/Reppu/Ryuusei kai/Reppu
    Kaga: Ryuusei kai/Reppu/Murata/Reppu
    Souryuu: Ryuusei kai/Ryuusei kai/Reppu/saiun (Switch saiun to your remaining best fighter in last dance)
    Maya: 20.3(2)/20.3/recon/t3 shell
    I-58: torp (Would be best if you kai her. Her repair time would increase, but you can always keep extra vanilla submarine dupes)

This comp utilizes the mechanics that all installation enemies will target submarine first, basically using your submarine as a tank. This will lower your repair cost quite a lot due to how cheap submarine repair is. However, your submarine will also get focus fire in other nodes by DD/CL. Sortie with this comp when your leveling fleet is waiting for morale, and remember not to sortie when your ships do not have full morale. This should net your a kill pretty easily.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.