Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Alatreon
    Server
    Palau
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I do not think that it is accurate to judge an aircratf's in-game range value by its IRL maximum range. It will be more accurate to use their actual action/combat radius instead, which is, the maximum range the aircraft can achieve while carrying useful combat load, with enough fuel to perform its mission, and eventually return to base. Maximum range, AFAIK, is the furthest range an aircraft can achieve when filled to the brim with fuel and is only expected to cruise from point A to point B; not doing dogfighting or bombing.

That said, I second the notion that IRL technical stats do not necessarily translate proportionally to in-game stats.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Oh certainly, but some of the given stats were combat range, some were maximum range, and would assume combat radius to be some percentage of their range (within some deviation). Especially so being WW2 fighters, lacking loadout variation. So used the one value that could (in a few minutes) be found common to them.

That said I agree with you both that 'real stats guarantee nothing'. We'll see in a few days how off my curiosity was.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2195 Post(s)
    I am panicking...

...about the connection issues that pops up here and there these few days in KC. It won't be pretty with all these dcs in an event.

Piuy is the boss.

Rep
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    @ofi123 Oh, and here I thought it was my Net connection (or the connection to Japan) causing troubles.

That said, I've ended up with quite a trouble today. At least it has subsided... for now.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).

Rep
    Mentioned
    2195 Post(s)
    @LostLogia4
    Since my other DMM games don't have trouble with connection, i can only assume it is error musume returning after a long hiatus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piuy is the boss.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4759 Post(s)

Suzutsuki will be coming in Fall, while the RN DD and a CL k2 will come in Winter.

The first operation will be located at Amami Islands/Taiwan, namely "2nd Striking Force, set sail!", where you can get Ki-84 Hayate in all difficulties. (2nd Striking Force=Shima fleet irl)

The 2nd operation will be "Commence Preparations for Operation Shou-Ichi-Gou"

Starting from the 2nd map, in maps where you sortie with a single fleet, you can select the 7-ship fleet "striking force". Additionally, in the final operation, you can perform the "single ship evacuation".

Starting from the event, you will be able to choose a new formation called "Vanguard formation". This is a formation where the latter part of your fleet fan out in front of the fleet to protect the 1st and 2nd ship.

(It looks like this irl for Nishimura fleet.
    https://twitter.com/hatori_piyoko/st...58096243322880 (formation in the middle))

Last edited by 211303; 11-15-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It's amusing reading the people who are surprised at the British dessie not being released...they said at Kankanshiki it wasn't going to be during fall.

----

Curious how Vanguard will work mechanically (i.e. the stat for AA/ASW/Accuracy), and will it be something (valid) to use in normal maps if it's not just for the 7-ship formation? Offhand, taking two AO's through 1-6 for the monthly might be a spot for protecting two ships

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferreae View Post
    It's amusing reading the people who are surprised at the British dessie not being released...they said at Kankanshiki it wasn't going to be during fall.

----

Curious how Vanguard will work mechanically (i.e. the stat for AA/ASW/Accuracy), and will it be something (valid) to use in normal maps if it's not just for the 7-ship formation? Offhand, taking two AO's through 1-6 for the monthly might be a spot for protecting two ships
    The rn dd part is strange, because it was just confirmed in the latest issue of Comptiq that a ship related to ASDIC will be introduced in this event.

Source:

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @211303

That's...odd. Maybe they were wanting to, weren't sure they COULD (hence the uncertainty of the time), and ended up for some reason delayed? Meanwhile some of marketing went ahead with hints that later didn't pan out?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferreae View Post
    @211303

That's...odd. Maybe they were wanting to, weren't sure they COULD (hence the uncertainty of the time), and ended up for some reason delayed? Meanwhile some of marketing went ahead with hints that later didn't pan out?
    or perhaps two RN ships?

But well, let's not get our hopes too high.