Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Smile Baby steps with Akashi

I was lucky enough to finally get Akashi from doing the weekly 1-5 and there's so much new information to digest. A couple of questions I'd appreciate help with:

1. How to get more repair facilities? I've seen other Akashis with 4 facilities in PvP, but I thought you can only get Akashi if you don't already have her, so... do you just level her to kai, keep the 2 facilities, scrap her and hope for another drop?

2. How does the repair interruption work exactly? Sometimes I can return to lobby to greet returning expedition fleets and redeploy them without the repair timers resetting, but occasionally the timers reset. Doesn't seem to matter which fleet Akashi is in.

3. A weird thing happened - I had Akashi sit repairing two ships for an hour in Fleet 1 and went AFK. When I came back, I saw from KC3 screen tooltip that both had been fully repaired, so I went to the fleet organization screen to load up a different preset for Fleet 1. However, I then saw that the two ships remained unrepaired despite being tended to by Akashi for an hour. Is this a bug or intended behavior?

4. So now that I've unlocked the equipment improvement function, I'm really feeling overwhelmed by all the options. I've got ~50 screws right now, but no idea what to spend them on. Is there a guide or priority list somewhere as to what equipment to focus on first?

Thanks in advance

Rep
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    @friggo

1. You should have 3 after you remodel her, the last one is from a duplicate. Look out for an early map in future events to farm that.

4. Fortunately 211303 and I wrote one for this purpose, it's in the guide section.

Someone else has to answer the other two since I always just use it overnight.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Twitch
    Schedule:
    Thursday 17:00~21:00 UTC | Friday: 18:00~22:00 UTC
    Saturday: 16:00~Open end UTC | Sunday: 16:00~21:00 UTC

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    @friggo 2 & 3. The timer will reset if you refresh/change the fleet composition after the 20th min. All ships will get 1 hp repaired if this happens. Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I do know some people utilize this to hasten the repair of ship that needs more than 20 min per hp.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @nwrtz

Thanks for that link. I had already actually bookmarked it for equipment loadouts a few weeks ago, but since I didn't have Akashi then, I didn't pay attention to the second part and forgot about it.

A remodeled Akashi would have 2 facilities (1 default, +1 from Kai), so two remodeled Akashis would be needed for 4 facilities. Good to know that they can drop from event maps, though. I'll keep an eye out during the upcoming event.

@211303

Caught your reply as I was responding to nwrtz

I see. Will keep that in mind when repairing ships in the future. Thanks.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4758 Post(s)
    @friggo Akashi also drops from 2-5 and 3-5. So that's another option for more Akashi.

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1486 Post(s)
    @friggo

To be clear on 3), leaving Akashi and then changing the formation will prevent any repairs from taking place. If you want Akashi to stop repairing (so you can do something else like sortie), just go to the main screen first before changing the formation.

Entering the main screen with your secretary ship causes the game to update itself - this includes Akashi repairs (and other things like expeds returning, resource regen and such). No updates (apart from repair and build timers) will happen for as long as the game is still in the formation screen, or indeed any screen, including the main screen.

Slightly unrelated but leaving Akashi for 20 mins to repair 1 HP to all ships, then interrupting her and continuing with whatever you were doing, is a great idea if you are doing continuous sorties but have to stop because of morale reasons rather than damage (e.g. when doing easy maps repeatedly with specific ships). The 20 mins is more than enough to get orange morale back to full, and hey, a occasional break from the game every now and then is good XD

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

See You At Comiket 93! Friday 29 December メー48a
    Twitch