Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Hakuryu
    Server
    Rabauru Kichi
    Rep
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    @Shinano Actually they'll have access to almost all consumables (smoke excluded) at the same time
    I am fine with that as long as they don't have smoke. Cough..Cough.. BELFAST..Cough..cough

A ship is always referred to as 'she' because it costs so much to keep one in paint and powder. - Nimitz

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hidahos View Post
    Armor weakness is 1 thing and citadel volume and alocation is another. UK cls have enormous citadel and with weak armor is a death sentence.
    If their armor is weak but citadel tiny or lowered like high tier us BB they will over penetrated all the time and damaged lightly from AP.
    Citadels can be over-penetrated, dealing 10% damage. The reason RN CLs are easily citadeled is because their armor is thick enough to trigger shells, so you'd be right if what I was talking about is whether they benefit from over pen.

But I'm talking about their extremities armor that prevents overmatch by 38cm guns and helps mitgate HE damage from most CL or lesser ships. Not everything is about citadels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hidahos View Post
    Armor weakness is 1 thing and citadel volume and alocation is another. UK cls have enormous citadel and with weak armor is a death sentence.
    If their armor is weak but citadel tiny or lowered like high tier us BB they will over penetrated all the time and damaged lightly from AP.
    Citadels can be over-penetrated, dealing 10% damage. The reason RN CLs are easily citadeled is because their armor is thick enough to trigger shells, so you'd be right if what I was talking about is whether they benefit from over pen. Even given that, at select ranges RN CLs will always be overpenetrated rather than citadeled.

But I'm talking about their extremities armor that prevents overmatch by 38cm guns and helps mitgate HE damage from most CL or lesser ships. Not everything is about citadels.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    And here comes the first post-split ships!

ST, American cruiser Salt Lake City, tier VI (ex-Pensacola, moved one tier down, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 31200. Plating - 19 mm. Armor belt – 76-102 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 2x2 203 mm, 2x3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.2 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 4500. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 45 s. Maximum dispersion - 131 m. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s. AP initial velocity - 792 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 620 m. Rudder shift time – 9.1 s. Surface detectability – 12.8 km. Air detectability – 7.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.3 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire/Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

The numbers are preliminary and are subject to change during the testing phase.

The new name is a placeholder until the ship is released to avoid confusion with the existing one. Original name will be returned upon release.

These are probably stock data, but I'm happy to be done with Pepsi. She'll still have ten guns, but this awesome firepower is held back by the horrible training speed. Also, no torpedoes.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK People have been asking why Pensacola hasn't gotten nerfed outside of her HP for going down to Tier VI. I have replied that the ship being Pensacola is already a big enough nerf as it is.

Matter of fact, any and all hope of her receiving buffs dies with her going to Tier VI. IMO she merited more buffs as a Tier VII but as a Tier VI, that possibility will no longer exist. She is condemned forever.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Tbh Pepsi is now decent with her concealment buff; Not being spotted from 15Km range does wonders and helps find a good spot to start lobbing shells. And her upgraded guns turns reasonably fast. I would have liked to have a small reload buff, but let's not be too greedy. She has ten guns firing the USN AP shells and she's fairly nimble.

I just hope these are her stock values and she gets upgraded guns and hull with a better training speed and rudder shift. Her stock guns turn as fast as Myoukou's, and it'll be nice if her rudder was as responsive as Cleveland's

Also, here is the T7 New Orleans!

ST, American cruiser Astoria, tier VII (ex-New Orleans, moved one tier down, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 29700. Plating - 19 mm. Armor belt – 127 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 3х3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.7 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 4600. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 25.7 s. Maximum dispersion - 134 m. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 853 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 660 m. Rudder shift time – 9.0 s. Surface detectability – 11.8 km. Air detectability – 7.5 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.6 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter

The new name is a placeholder until the ship is released to avoid confusion with the existing one. Original name will be returned upon release.

As for Pensacola, this is basically a stock New Orleans with a tad less HP and no more Radar. I also expect her to lose Rudder Mod 3, bot that's not as great a loss: Indianapolis does quite well without it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Those are stock specs, they line up with those of VII Pepsi Cola.

NOLA loses her Radar, but that was foreseen. She loses the upgrade slot for SGM3 or CSM1.
    So, what we have again is a Tier VII Cruiser with:
    1. Poor AA
    2. No Radar
    3. Mediocre Concealment
    4. No Torpedoes
    5. Still Squishy
    There literally is nothing to fear from Tier VII NOLA. She can't even menace DDs and smoked out ships anymore. Then again it maintains the status quo for Tier VII Cruisers.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 02-24-2018 at 06:11 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    It's basically an Indianapolis without Radar. It's not bad, depending on your opponents, but yeah, I would have liked to see Radar at T7 on a silver ship, at least to couter those pesky RN ships.

And here is T8 Baltimore.

ST, American cruiser Pittsburgh, tier VIII (ex-Baltimore, moved one tier down, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 36600. Plating - 27 mm. Armor belt – 152 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 3х3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.4 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 4600. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 132 m. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 853 m/s. Sigma value – 2.05.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 730 m. Rudder shift time – 10.2 s. Surface detectability – 12.6 km. Air detectability – 9.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.2 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter/Surveillance Radar Data

I kind of like Baltimore, at least I like it better than Des Moines. I feel it's a tad more tanky and not as high on everyone's target list.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    Here's the uptiered Cleveland

ST, American cruiser Columbia, tier VIII (ex-Cleveland, moved two tiers up, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 30600. Plating - 16 mm. Armor belt – 127 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 4x3 152 mm. Firing range – 13.3 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. Maximum AP shell damage - 3200. Reload time - 10 s. 180 degree turn time - 22.5 s. Maximum dispersion - 125 m. HE initial velocity - 812 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 660 m. Rudder shift time – 9.3 s. Surface detectability – 13.3 km. Air detectability – 8.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 6.7 km.

Available consumables:

All stats are listed with stock modules, without crew and upgrade modifiers.

And the new T9 Buffalo

ST, American cruiser Buffalo, tier IX

Hit points – 42500. Plating - 25 mm. Armor belt – 152 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 4х3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.1 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 5000. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 131 m. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 800 m. Rudder shift time – 15.7 s. Surface detectability – 13.1 km. Air detectability – 10.0 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.6 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 4 - Repair Party

All stats are listed with stock modules, without crew and upgrade modifiers.

This Buffalo has no torps, sadly. Also 15s reload on the 8-inchers, the transition to DM will be hard.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I CALLED IT! Radar Cleveland! Fuck yeah!

Radar Cleveland will be a good one but it also gives me the chance to try Radar+Hydro Cleveland while still maintaining her good AA, which is something I already do with Des Moines. And of course you keep her DPM.

Both Tier VIII USN Cruisers at least maintain Radar Capability, too bad NOLA loses out for VII.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 02-25-2018 at 09:09 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Excited as well. I feel pretty good whenever I make USN bricks go up in smoke with glorious Nippon steel folded 1000 times.

There'll be so many when these ships release, I can't wait.

Last edited by DLRevan; 02-25-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo