Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I dunno about Baltimore being OP. She is after all, despite all her buffs at Tier IX, still doing trash performance.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    That's probably due to the BB heavy games. Baltimore is less maneuverable than New Orleans, but she's tankier, with a smaller and better protected citadel (still 152mm belt). You can bow tank 380mm and lower shells, you fire super heavy USN AP shells with an 10s reload, and your Radar range is very close to her detection range.

Sure, at T8 you lose the Heal and the Reload module, but you also see more 380mm guns.

In comparison, DM feels way squishier .

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    A small buff for Seattle:

ST. Balance tweaks.

Tier IX American cruiser Seattle

Main battery reload time is decreased from 7 to 6.5 seconds
    This puts the cruiser in line with the predecessor in the tech tree - Cleveland, while increasing her damage per minute accordingly.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3840 Post(s)
    The USN cruiser line will be split when Update 0.7.5 goes live!

LWM fans will probably enjoy her Angry Youtuber review of the new line.

A few highlights:

And a twofer for Wooster:

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Worcester's the one that interests me the most. I love the the array of things she can do to affect the DD, Capping, and Anti-Aircraft portions of a match, but the reliance of 152mm guns, soft ship, and no torpedoes makes her vulnerable as I expected her to be. Flamu's WiP take on Worcester voices pretty much the weaknesses I expected her to have.

Even Atlanta, which has serious survival issues, has torpedoes to keep even a Battleship player honest. The range of ATL's torps are pathetically short, but camping around islands, that range is just enough. Even RU Cruisers in prior tiers with their garbage 4.5km torps are dangerous in that capacity. These USN CLs will not have that insurance. This isn't like torpedo-less Des Moines, who at least has those fast firing 203mm guns with powerful SHS that even drops BB HP quckly. 152mm guns are not strong enough to put a threat down quickly enough. You see Flamu's Worcester put 9 citadels into a broadside Minotaur, yet it didn't die before dropping torps into Flamu. What happens if that ship is Hindenburg, DM, or worse, a Battleship? I've pushed around island corners hard against Cruisers with my BBs that I know that don't have torpedoes and they got no friends. You push with zero fear.

You're going to have to play smart with these high tier USN CLs.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    I feel those ships with -> all <- mounted utilty is perfect for dd hunting. You don't want engage BBs alone in close range / open.
    Detection range, radar range and antiair bubble is excellent. Those are strength points. If BBs or Hindeburgs hit You in open You will be sinked like Mogami/Atago/Takao founded by t9 - t10 CV. You have little chance to disengage until somebody spot You for them.
    On the bright side radar range better than concealment: You can punish the spotter or the spotter planes fall like a flies. That range those guns are reliable and You have HE too.