Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yura Kai Ni Set-up

Good day, everyone!

I have a few questions regarding Yura Kai Ni's possible setup.
    I have given her the following equipment:
    > 90mm HA
    > Kouhyouteki
    > Type 13 Air RADAR Kai
    > 8cm HA [Expansion slot]

According to the wiki...
    > A setup using 90mm HA, Kouhyouteki, and 8cm HA may trigger night DA, and perform Opening Torp as well as Closing Torp.
    > Also, using the 90mm HA, which is an AAFD built-in gun, may trigger an AACI together with an air RADAR, ie Type 13 Air RADAR Kai.

My questions are:
    1. Is it possible for Yura to perform Opening Torp, AACI, Closing Torp, and Night DA in a single encounter?

2. If she is to perform an AACI, will she be able to perform the two types (8, 21) since both requirements were fulfilled? Or just either 8 or 21? (Implying this might also be an exception for her, like in the case of Kinu Kai Ni (both types 19, 20) under fulfilment of the requirements..)

3. Since Yura can trigger type 21 AACI even without AAFD built-in gun, do you recommend the 90mm HA or should I just use another HA secondary gun? (eg 10.5cm HA, but I think it might be a matter of FP vs AA, but yeah, I still want an answer...hehe)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by whitewinterdust; 11-02-2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Update

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    1. With your setup, yes. Another thing is that as a CL, she can use large radar, meaning a Fumo or 21 kai is a better choice over t13.

2. No. When the requirements of type 21 is fulfilled, only type 21 will be triggered.

3. You can use any gun in the main slot without affecting the aaci. This means if you want more fp, you can go with 20.3(3), but if you want more shootdown rate, you go with ha gun.

Also noted that yura is a utility ship with a lots of special ability, but low firepower. This means she is usually the first choice to be gimped in firepower when the need arised. Be it more fighter power with spf or oasw with sonar, or even more tp with daihaitsu.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @211303 Thank you very much for the answers!

I'll try to acquire a 21 Kai, since I have a lot of stock 21’s.
    I want her to do as much as possible (Opening Torp, AACI, Closing Torp, and Night DA), so I guess I’ll stick with her current setup.

But with a 20.3cm will she perform night DA? It’s a main gun and isn’t with any combo with the other guns..

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    @whitewinterdust as long as you are using 1 main gun only, the ship should do night da when paired with 1+ secondary gun and no torps.

For aaci, noted that you would not want yura to trigger her aaci when paired with a duckie or maya, because her high api aaci has the priority.

Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @211303 I see. Thank you very much! Only night DA, and no day DA with that setup, right?

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    @whitewinterdust No. For day DA you need a recon seaplane in a non-zero slot.

Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @211303 I see. So even if I give her an expansion slot, it's still impossible, after all.
    Oh well, she has the best AACI in-game, so she might better with that setup.
    I'd just re-arrange Yura's if ever they'd be in the same fleet.
    Thanks, as always!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4787 Post(s)
    @whitewinterdust wait, she DOES NOT have the best AACI in game.

Yura's API_21 AACI gives a [+5, x1.45] bonus, with the first no. being the increase in planes killed per slot (5 planes per slot in this case), and the 2nd number being the bonus modifier to fixed shoot down rate.

Now, let's compare it to the top two AACI ships in game: Akitsuki class and Maya k2.

Akitsuki class can trigger an API_1 AACI that gives [+7, x1.7] bonus, while Maya k2 can trigger a API_10 AACI that gives [+8, x1.65]bonus. Both CI are superior than Yura's AACI in every aspect.

Server
    Rabaul
    Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @211303 ahahaha, my bad; by "she" having the best AACI, I meant Maya

Yura sure is flexible with a variety of roles, but yeah, decent AACI, and really cute (*^ω^*)