Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    @Mobius The problem for Non-USN BBs is that to actually have great AA, it requires some significant investments in skills and upgrades that most players I find not willing to go with. There's tons of BBs outside USN BB Line that actually have the foundation for great AA, but none of it is realized. Roma is going to be merely another target for CVs to go after.
    ASM1 vs AAGM2
    It's a pretty safe bet which one the majority is going to go after.

Lots of guys complain about CVs and hate them so much and want a counter to them. They may even have a BB with potentially great AA. But the minute you suggest an AA Build, they look at you like you just shot their dog. Most people, the idea of adopting any sort of AA ability is ridiculous despite them ranting about CVs so much.

Roma will be merely another target for CVs.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 12-18-2017 at 02:21 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher the matter is that a AA spec BB is useless if you don't have CV in your games like 75% of random games. So you cant really blame ppl for not using it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    @Murrue Builds are a give and take process. You build to strengthen something but do not improve or leave weak something else.

People make that conscious decision.
    People need to live with that.

For example: I have an AA Gneisenau. I concede my guns are forever going to be "Gneisenau Wonky" and my Secondaries will never be anywhere at their full potential. But I built for a specific purpose to be AA Bait and Air Defense for all ships near me. I have had DDs come running to daddy to keep the bad CV planes off of them and make the CV pay.

It is a very specific set of duties I aimed for, built for. And you know what? I deal with the wonky Gneisenau Gunnery and Mediocre Secondaries in that build. I work with it still.

But apparently most players cannot do the same when they leave a weakness in their build and someone comes along to exploit it.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher I have been playing WoT/WoWs for years, almost only as a solo player in random match, and if I have learn one thing , it's that you can never count on your teammates and playing as a team almost never work. So I'm better with a solo build than a support build on a BB, even more when said support build is useless when there is no CV around.
    I also think that a AA build is a waste on a german BB, and makes you a dead weight for your team.
    AA spec BB can be only viable in team battle, and i'm note even sure it would be for the best.

Rep
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    @Murrue You're backing up what I said.

You make a conscious decision to go for specific build philosophy, knowing full well it leaves a glaring weakness, in this case against air attacks. And that's fine. I can understand. It's just people shouldn't be crying about air attacks when they do nothing at all to build against it.

As I said, all builds are a set of compromises. You live with the consequences. I know I can but lots of people out there can't.

Roma is going to be the same way. Potentially great AA but it will never be realized because people will slot ASM1 or whatever. Just like Conqueror. Great potential AA build on Conqueror but again, never realized.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3839 Post(s)
    LWM's review of Roma is up!

The verdict?

Caveat emptor, though. She's found wanting in a lot of areas. Her gun handling may be good, but her dispersion (especially her vertical dispersion) is very trollish. She has Iowa's citadel, meaning it's exposed and high over the water. Her AA is as effective as Tirpitz's, and no AA build will make her a deterrent. But she's the stealthliest BB after the world-famous HMS Monarch.

Rep
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Newer players will get to experience this LOL

People are pretty spoiled with the amount of protected or waterline / below waterline citadels WG have been giving BBs.

The ship will probably still do fine, just like Iowas were before the lowered citadels. But any mistakes will be so suddenly punished from Full HP -> Zero HP that it will surprise guys. The fragility of Tier IX-X USN BBs was a major factor in me not liking them when their citadels were like that. The arrival of German BBs with their turtlebacks... People take for granted these days what it meant to have a BB to shrug off being citadeled so easily.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 01-13-2018 at 10:38 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"