Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    @Mobius There is no tanking in WoWS. This isn't like an MMORPG where we have taunts that force NPCs to attack the "tank." People will shoot at what they deem is the most value for their attack and that means Cruisers.

Cruisers can maneuver, but so what? It's not like you guys here can't hit a Cruiser when you're playing your BBs, right? That maneuvering doesn't mean anything when someone knows how to shoot. There is also the simple matter of that lucky shot. And when those shots land, the Cruiser lacks the HP, the armor, the citadel protection to save it.

Come on man, how many times have you played a Cruiser, no matter how you played defensively, handled your range, handled your maneuvering, handled your angles... Despite all that, the BB still lands that mega salvo for big damage... Regardless of range.

Life on a BB is fucking easy. It's what I've been playing more of these days compared to Cruisers. WG is also on a tangent of giving BBs perks like Cruiser Stealth on BBs these days. So why?

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    Come on man, how many times have you played a Cruiser, no matter how you played defensively, handled your range, handled your maneuvering, handled your angles... Despite all that, the BB still lands that mega salvo for big damage... Regardless of range.
    Almost never. Honestly I find it hard to take seriously this vein of thought. There are a few cruisers which I am not happy with in terms of defensive design, but for most of them, if I ever get deleted I always understand it was either my own fault, or the fault of a teammate I put my trust in.

Even if that weren't true, I also do not see battleships as being these "easy" types of ships where your health points and armor means you can can make 'mistakes'. Taking any more hits than necessary is a mistake. The difference between a cruiser and battleship in that situation is the former usually dies quickly. the latter becomes muzzled and ineffectual. Battleships lasting longer in a game than a cruiser, and in turn cruisers over destroyers creates an false illusion that you are still contributing simply because its harder to kill you outright. After all you are still 'playing' the match.

I am definitely not that great in cruisers, but because of that if I can avoid getting sledgehammered regularly I don't see why everyone else blows it out of proportion.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3755 Post(s)
    I mainly.... well, scratch that, mostly play Cruisers (I'm now at the part where Russian destroyers are cruisers without a Citadel, and Scharnhorst is a Cruiser with battleship hull and armour). I am playing very defensively and I sometimes get heavily damaged, even if seldom outright deleted. In most of the cases it's because of me misjudging the situation in some way (Can he fire at me? Will he? Did I account for all the enemies, and if not did I take sufficient measures to protect my vulnerable flanks? If not, can I dodge? and so on.. tl;dr: I'm a scrub, and always will be). Very seldomly did I dodge out of a full BB AP broadside to see this off-course AP shell (which would be waaay of the mark had I not dodged) hit me right into the citadel. This is the main reason why my Damage stats are so low by the way.

Also, I don't think one type of ships to be easier to play over the other, you just need different sets of skills to enjoy or get the most of them (even if some overlap). My aim is bad (and being thwarted by RNG does not help), so not having to wait half a minute to try and snipe my target is better for my nerves.(this is also why I like gunbotes better over torpedobotes). My positioning leaves also something to be desired too, so not being in a slow and unmaneuverable barge helps.

And I have issues over the BBs taking entire pages of the Cruiser's playbook (Stealth, Hydro, Radar, DefFire) even if I understand the rationale for doing so (Hydro on the German BBs help them push, Stealth lets the RN BBs heal), and most certainly enjoy (ab)using it when playing them.

Last edited by Keyan_TTK; 11-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.