Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it says volume 2 for another fan book or manga. The word for "season" is quite different.

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormberg View Post
    I'm pretty sure it says volume 2 for another fan book or manga. The word for "season" is quite different.
    Ok. Thanks.

IIRC Rei Hiroe and Studio Troyca have expressed interest in making a second season, but that said season would "depend on amazon anime strike subscriptions and BD sales." To my knowledge, BD sales haven't been that strong.

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3752 Post(s)
    Fate/Extra and Cardcaptor Sakura for me. Gonna keep my anime watch list low for now, IRL stuff getting busy lately.

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

Rep
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    @firemagnet RIP S2 then FeelsBasMan.

Honeslty, it seems that some people either liked it hated it, it became a cult anime already but there's still mixed opinions about it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Darling in the franxx - not badmouthing this but the description and all really sounds like so stereotype of your typical giant robox x alien type of shows........else dat mecha design coverart looks like female ultraman zomg...... (meanwhile that train mech cover art looks more interesting)

Personally gonna watch Junjii itou colle since I like his works and gonna hope animu can deliver same grotesque feeling.
    Hakumei + violet - gonna give both a try since it looks intriguing

And if all else fails....will just shut my brain and enjoy watching girls eating ramen in ramen daisuki while cooking a cup noodle.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    @firemagnet RIP S2 then FeelsBasMan.

Honeslty, it seems that some people either liked it hated it, it became a cult anime already but there's still mixed opinions about it.
    There are mixed opinions, but then there were mixed opinions about NGE and its ending as well, which threw people for a loop. I'd say Re:Creators has earned its place as a classic, and more than deserves another season with what material it has left. That being said, the sales for July of this year were very weak; just 2,285 BD units sold for the week of June 26-July 2, as compared to 9,353 for Eromanga-Sensei and a whopping 52,017 for the Granblue Fantasy anime......people sure have interesting priorities. Data for Re:creators shows that the anime has consistently stayed within the 1900-2100 units-per-week range through the last data, which is for the week of 11/26. Meanwhile, trash like the Granblue Fantasy anime has never dropped below 12,000 units sold per week.

Last edited by firemagnet; 12-25-2017 at 06:37 PM.

IGN
    NKawashiro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    • Citrus
    • Dagashi Kashi
    • Pop Team Epic
    • Koizumi-san Loves Ramen
    • A Place Further Than The Universe
    • Yuru Camp
    • Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens

^ Depending on what's available on Crunchyroll. I'm still watching The Ancient Magus' Bride from last season. I'd very much like to watch Violet Evergarden though, so here's hoping Crunchy picks it up.

LLSIF | (Banner's mine)

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    So by now most of the major series have aired, save for Fate/Extra: LE. Here's my review of what's aired so far.

Must Watch:

-Darling in the Franxx; Already, this has the makings of AOTS, if not AOTY. A-1 and Trigger have created a masterpiece homage to Gainax's previous masterworks of the 1990s and early 2000s, including Evangelion, Gunbuster 2, Eureka Seven. The influences are obvious from the start, particularly with respect to Studio trigger, which throws in easter-eggs like the training simulators and suits (which look almost exactly like plug suits and eva-plugs) as well as the interior of the mobile-city Plantation, whose long escalators quickly remind viewers of the interior of the geofront. Mechanical design for the franxx themselves has clearly been inspired with Trigger's experience working with Gunbuster 2 (a gainax production), while the character design bears a mix of the of the over-the-top style established in kill-la-kill and Eureka Seven's more functional and subdued aesthetic. Enemy design for the klaxosaurs shows heavy influence from Gunbuster 2 as well. I spent so much time just enjoying the sense of the world that was established in this episode that what little information the audience is given didn't really bother me. Character establishment is also excellent, and it was refreshing to see a male-female encounter between lead characters that didn't involve the male lead falling all over himself while the girl knocks the stuffing out of him.

-Violet Evergarden: The story of a weapon who learns to feel as she transitions from war-time to peacetime.

Because it's on:

-Beatless: While the manga was very good, the anime is essentially a straight port, without any real moves to flesh out the world. It doesn't really make for a compelling narrative.

-Overlord II: Sadly, this is the "unnecessary politics" arc of the series. The light novel series spends an entire fucking novel focusing on the lizard-people seen presently in episodes 1 & 2, along with a cast of other minor characters for whom nothing really happens until two full novels later, when Nazarick finally goes on the offensive. The anime will stay with the lizards for another episode at least before the lizard people are enslaved by Ainz, after which the focus will shift to human politics and then back to the main cast of characters as a small band of raiders attempts to get at Nazarick (and fails miserably). My recommendation is just to let this season of Overlord sit, and then marathon it at the end.

-Toji no Miko: Kancolle meets strike witches: futuristic battle priestesses edition.

-Killing Bites: Ikkitousen meets the "Honey-badger don't give a fuck" meme video: uncensored pseudo-furry anime titties edition . Random lucky guy gets his ass saved by a corporate executive who uses him as a money-washer and minder for the latest overpowered tsundere character who was previously going to kill him for stumbling upon the latest in dark,illegal-and-potentially-apocalyptic-interorganizational-feuds-that-have-somehow-escaped-the-notice-of-major-governments.

Rep
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Updates:

Darling in the Franxx is good. I walked in with absolutely no expectations and came away pleasantly surprised. In many ways, it's sort of a spiritual successor to Evangelion in some of its visual themes as well as burying psychoanalysis under what would otherwise be heaps of fanservice. It's well worth the watch and some discussion. Meanwhile on MAL, there are hordes of idiots claiming that this anime "promotes sexual assault" or "perpetuates patriarchal roles" or that "the characters are sluts." Fucking idiots.

Rep
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    These are all the shows I'm watching so far, here's my opinion:

-Violet Evergarden: A must watch, Kyoani is doing a great job on this one so far.

-Darling in the Franxx: This baby between Trigger and A-1 is absolutely amazing, a must watch as well.

-Overlord 2: It's way better than the first season already.

-Pop Team Epic: Shitposting the anime, a must watch for the lols.

-Killing Bites: The action packed ecchi show of the season, really good if you like these kind of shows.

-Kokkoku: Interesting premise and so far the first episodes were really good, hopefuly it continues to deliver.

-Marchen Madchen: At first I thought this was gonna be a sweet anime that would take a madoka turn, but turns out that this is quite the cute sexy mahou shoujo show, it's nothing too special but fun enough to watch.

-Citrus: This is not yuri bait, well... it kinda is but it doesn't rely on that fact to be good, it has a good story and characters so it's worth a watch.

-Takagi-san: Jailbait the anime, seriously... Takagi is so freaking cute that it's insane, it's also a cute "innocent" anime and so far, I can say that I honestly like it.

-Koi wa ameagari: Finally it's time to see a girl being a total creep towards an old dude, it's absolutely fantastic to see that kind of twist and it's not that bad.

-Sora yo mo toori basho: Cute girls doing cute things at the end of the world, what else can you ask for? it's visually stunning and gorgeous, so it's a must watch as well.

Not a bad season to be honest, it's a good way to start the year.