Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinsre View Post
    Pretty much only following Ryuuou no Oshigoto this season. it does a good enough job for me to be nostalgic about shogi. I even played a few online matches again after like a 10 year hiatus.
    Is that because you feel like you've seen everything else before, or simply because nothing else catches your fancy?

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7819 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Because Nero is the most one-dimensional, boring saber-face ever created. The original saber has more personality to her. Jeanne has more character to her. The fucking joke saber-faces have more personality.

Two things will never happen:
    Yuzuki getting added or Kagero-class K2.

Rep
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    This season is too shallow for me. Where are the deep philosophy shows like Evangelion?

Quote Originally Posted by Gondo Seikyo
    sounds like 近代 but ok

Rep
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soryuu View Post
    This season is too shallow for me. Where are the deep philosophy shows like Evangelion?
    To find that sort of thing now you have to look deep into what a show is trying to say. Spring 2017 at least, we had Re:Creators (yes, actually).

Not sure if there are any shows like Eva this season, but then that sort of thing takes vision, writing and directing that isn't around much anymore. Darling in the Franxx certainly has mild elements of that sort of philosophical introspection, but nowhere near on the level that Evangelion did.

edit:

Saw the 3rd episode of Fate/Extra. Wow, whomever is directing does not know how to choreograph fights, and not once in that entire battle did Francis Drake actually feel like a credible threat. Moreover, defeated because she runs out of ammo? Uh............................................

Last edited by firemagnet; 02-12-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Yup, it's a general concesus everywhere that the third episode of Extra sucked a lot, also I agree what Franxx is the closest thing we have to Evangelion at the moment... then again, we can say the same thing for Team Pop Epic LUL.

Rep
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranesh View Post
    @firemagnet Yup, it's a general concesus everywhere that the third episode of Extra sucked a lot, also I agree what Franxx is the closest thing we have to Evangelion at the moment... then again, we can say the same thing for Team Pop Epic LUL.
    I can't say that I care for pop-team-epic's "art" style, seeing as it's barely more budget than Ninja-Slayer from Animation, but it's probably the best parody of late 90s-2010s anime and gaming culture that I've yet seen. It's also fueled by trolling, so I find it difficult if not impossible to watch. I'd honestly be appreciative of something closer to Lucky Star or Excel Saga.

Last edited by firemagnet; 02-12-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    @Soryuu

Darling in the franxx is sorta like EVA - minus emo shinji and gendo boss with moar action and female bots and pairing.
    If you want more challenge you can try name every parody pop team epic offered.

Or just sit back relax and enjoy grancrest war.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic13355_2.gif