Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Marchen Madchen's 9th episode will be delayed to improved the animation quality :|

Current Work:Castle Guard in ShiroPro

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7823 Post(s)
    @Kalinsre At least it wasn't like DC's two recap episodes within 15 episodes.
    for a 15 minute series since episode 1-6 had a 5 minute music video at the end, 7 was a recap, 8-14 had 5 minute shorts (two of which are better than the episodes) and then it's second recap.
    And then he banged his sister.

Will only return for Yuzuki.

Rep
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    None of these anime have deep philosophical themes like Christian symbolism, FranXXX just looks like an Evangelion ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondo Seikyo
    sounds like 近代 but ok

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7823 Post(s)
    Can we have a moment to talk about how beatless' plot is about sex robots being emotionally manipulative to get their husbands to do what they want, proving that even if we marry robots they will still be terrible manipulative women.

Lacia is your cutesy sexy wife who manipulates you into spending all your money on pointless jewellery by rubbing her hand over your dick in the store.
    Kouka is the abusive wife who beats her husband with physical abuse and makes him too scared to leave her, while emotionally manipulating him into thinking he needs her in his life or he wouldn't be a man anymore.
    Methode is the two timing bitch who outright pushes in your face she's two timing you but if you file for divorce she'll get all your money. Despite this she promises her other partner all the wealth and fame they could ever want if they stick with her telling them you're "so close" to getting a divorce.
    Marriage Saturnus acts as if you've got complete control and lets you think you are the one making all the decisions, letting you have all the pointless victories when in reality she's just making you think her choice was what you was thinking all along.

Snowdrop probably just force feeds you drugs or something idk.

Last edited by KotoNano; 03-19-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Will only return for Yuzuki.

Rep
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    @KotoNano:

Lol. I don't remember that many HiEs being in the original material, though.

More generally:

I saw GuP: Das Finale and

[+] Spoiler
    I'm disappointed. Very disappointed. Perhaps the only positive thing about the film is that the movies, of which this is the first, are quite clearly GuP Season 2. That's where the good part ends and the fuckery begins. Oorai screws up in the worst way possible, the momentum is horrible, and I was left with the impression that we are right back to square one in terms of plot, memes, and so on. Oorai continues to run on liquid mary-sue rather than any true tactical skill; Despite having comprehensively defeated both the University selection team and Kuromorimine, they are still somehow the underdogs here, outmatched this time in both raw firepower, planning, and skill. Only what appears to be their opponent's total lack of any gunnery skill (they make stormtroopers look competent) prevents Oorai from being annihilated in their first match.

Plot summary:
    [+] Spoiler

The film begins in media res, taking place approximately four months after the end of Der Film. The first scene opens with a cold start, showing Oorai's tanks under a hailstorm of fire and trapped on a bridge; Momo, not known for her courage and collection under fire, is panicking inside turtle team's Hetzer, incredulous as to how this happened.

The film then cuts to the beginning of the year. It's winter, and we are treated with Oorai's latest search for a new tank; every school (with the exception of Kuromorimine) is making preparations for the next tourney, where the best team will be selected to join the university teams for the upcoming international tourney. Out of options and out of resources, Oorai turns to Momo for the main effort. As a result, Momo equips a fleet of Goliath mobile mines with SONAR and RADAR imagers to find anything tank related. She spends so much time doing this, in fact, that she flunks out of her final year and has to repeat. This becomes school-wide news, to the point of self-parody. Due to this, the team ends up nominating Momo as the new club captain to help her regain her academic standing, and also discusses what the tank that they appear to have found could be. The team is hoping for another heavy tank, particularly a M26 Pershing to give Oorai's Senshado team a much needed firepower boost.

As such, their search commences on foot. The location itself is deep within the bowels of the ship, in an otherwise abandoned section of the ship which has fallen into disrepair and is now the den of dropouts, gangsters, and other delinquents. Hana cuts her way through barbed wire with a set of nipping shears to get the team access to the area, however they are stopped in by a group of delinquents who insist they leave. When Sodoko protests, a pair of delinquents abducts her, starting a chase scene that leads through a labyrinthine set of passages, up a ladder, and then down a 200-foot-long sliding pole, at the end of which they find the entrance to a seedy karaoke bar run by Ogin and her crew of delinquents, all of whom fashion themselves as (non alcoholic) beer and rum-swilling pirates. They are none too pleased to see people who Ogin describes blithely as "small, tit-less girls" showing up uninvited, thinking this is a cafe. When Mako demands the return of Sodoko, Ogin and co. challenge them to a series of tests, which Angler team passes handily thanks to the strength and coordination performing their tasks in Senshado. The two most ridiculous of these are Miho's brawl with Murakami and Hana's drinking contest with Ogin; Miho, handily dodging Murakami's boxing, and then defeating her with a bow (she literally bows, and then throws murakami with her head); Hana drinks non-alcoholic rum spiced with sriracha versus Ogin until both of them collapse. Even then, Ogin isn't convinced until she learns that Momo, who was apparently one of their own, needs to win a Senshado match in order to graduate.

The film then cuts to the other schools; St. Gloriana, Pravda, Anzio, and Saunders are all making their preparations or discussing the tourney. Saunders in particular seems to be airlifting a M-22 locust from an undisclosed location, perhaps from the contemporaneous free-tank matches (see: GuP: Ribbon Warrior). Kuromorimine and Continuation elect to stay out of the tourney for now. Katyusha is eager to face Miho again, but the most interesting changes lie with Chihatan, where Nishi is floating strategies for the upcoming tournament. While the majority of Chihatan's crews make the same commentary about "all we need to do is charge!," both Nishi and Fukuda are shown to have visible doubts about business as usual. At the tourney announcements, Oorai is slated to face BC Freedom, the French academy that made such a poor showing in Ribbon Warrior and Maginot mangas. Yukari does her thing, and takes a video showing the two "cliques" of the school brawling while the Senshado team leader looks on, eating cake (Bastille day, anyone?).

Thus, the Senshado match starts, with the two cliques of BC Freedom battling it out right up the start of the match (their Somua S-35s and ARL-44s are ramming each other). As the match starts, all appears to be going well for Oorai, which sends out scouts to monitor the locations of the two BC freedom detachments, who still appear to be brawling with each other. And then, at a signal from the team leader, all hell breaks loose for Oorai; the entire BC freedom brawling was a carefully planned ruse designed to draw in Oorai and foil their intelligence gathering. Where Oorai seems stuck in their old ways, the other schools have been watching and learning. BC freedom is no exception. They catch seven of Oorai's tanks, including the newly acquired (and thoroughly obsolescent) British Mk IV used by Shark Team on a wooden bridge. By sheer luck and guile, none of Oorai's tanks are taken out, despite being caught in an encirclement on an exposed position. With Momo unable to command effectively, Miho radios orders to the rest of the team through her, and uses the Mk IV as a mobile bridge to get the trapped vehicles out of danger. From there, both teams separate, and we are treated with BC Freedom pulling off a Pravda and signing a napoleonic era song as the episode cuts to a revised version of "enter enter mission."

Rep
    Mentioned
    4859 Post(s)
    Finally got some time to put down my closing thoughts for Winter.

AotS
    Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - No question this was the best show of the season for me. I loved every bit of the adventure from start to finish. I think the scene which really clued me into what a journey this would be was the Youth in Motion scene in ep2. All the characters are fleshed out and the chemistry between them is just perfect. I almost wish that the show never ended but it wrapped up very well. Watching all of them grow as they sorted out their inner demons was great. The antics were key in making sure that things never got too dark and it sure does know how to pull hard on your heartstrings. Definitely a must watch.

Must Watch
    Yuru Camp - This show is just super comfy. It's just relaxing watching a bunch of cute girls just sitting back and relaxing. It helps that the scenery is beautiful too. The enthusiasm and energy the girls have for camping really comes through and it's a blast. That said, that is all it is. Even if you don't like this sort of thing, you need to give it a whirl for the art and animation. Just let the cute girls carry you through.

Kokkoku - A pretty solid show all up. It's kind of refreshing to have small-scale cults and conspiracies for a change. Nothing world changing, just a crazy bastard and a family as the stakes. I must admit that all the plot twists and happenings aren't something I've seen before so that was new. Then again, the way they develop new powers out of nowhere feels just like a shounen show. The characters themselves are quite compelling and all of them are interesting in their own ways. Towards the end it does get a lot of "wat" though.

Mitsuboshi Colors - This must be the season for cute antics. This show brings it out in spades. It's a cute little slice of life with a bunch of colourful characters. A solid comedy and good for a laugh. Things are never dull with the Colors around.

Ryuuou no Oshigoto! - I'm surprised the jailbait was a better shogi show than 3-gatsu. Then again, the latter focused more on the character drama while this one focuses more on the game itself with the characters forming a colourful backdrop. This show plays more like a standard sports anime with rivals and heated contests. It helps that the characters they use as a backdrop are all nicely designed and memorable. Though some of them do get a bit annoying at times.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - I know this love story is going to come off as really creepy to a lot of people but the show did a good job at glossing over the fact that this high school girl is trying to get a 40 year old to fall for her. Looking past that part, the show has amazing visuals and a great soundtrack.I love the whole watercolour aesthetic the show has going on. The various romantic entanglements and character arcs that go on alongside the main romance also add an extra depth to the show that makes it a nice drama.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - I didn't think the first episode sold me that much on this show but the rest of it sure did. It started off with an interesting concept and ran with it. The cast is solid and interesting. It very much gives off a Baccano vibe without the schizophrenic timeline. It also has nice action scenes and it's so satisfying when a plan just comes together.

Darling in the Franxx - It's only the first half of the show over with but I like what I see. The character conflicts don't feel contrived and it does well in cluing you in to something lurking under the surface. It helps that the fight scenes are very nicely animated as expected of Trigger. The plot so far is interesting and I can't wait to see how this progresses. Really a stand out mecha show so far. Just ignore the innuendo.

Worth A Watch
    Overlord II - Feels a bit lackluster compared to the first season to be honest. Probably because this one focuses more on fleshing out the world than on the exploits of the Nazarick gang. That said, it's still a good isekai show and we do get a lot of new characters introduced and old characters fleshed out. Do check out the first season before getting to this one though.

Citrus - This is a proper yuri show but my problem with it stems from some of the characters being seriously annoying. Then again, those annoying characters are just there to cause conflict so... they do have a purpose. It's also very nicely animated and the art is very pretty. Definitely one to check out if you like romance dramas and/or yuri.

Grancrest Senki - I really expected this to be a standard fantasy romp. I did not expect this to turn into Game of Thrones lite. But since it did, it's a pretty interesting show. I like how they manage to make those who are supposed to be the main characters feel really small in the grand scheme of things. I'd have really liked if this was 2 cour but I'll make do with what they gave me. Nothing too fancy on the political intrigue side of things but enough to keep things interesting. The battles are pretty well done, although the CG wasn't very good.

Slow Start - This isn't a bad comfy show by any stretch but it doesn't really go very far. The characters feel like standard moe tropes but there is something that manages to pull you in. It's more slice of life than anything and there is some character growth so it doesn't feel wasted but apart from the lovely character designs, I just wasn't sold on the show.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - I feel that the main flaw of this show is that the episodes went on for far too long. I still say that it would've been a lot better as a short. That said, it is a nice little comedy that should get some chuckles.

Violet Evergarden - This show started off slow but picks up towards the end. There are some heartwrenching moments here and there to get you crying but otherwise the first half is pretty eh. Once it does pick up, and when Violet starts getting emotional, the show is a rollercoaster. Since it's KyoAni, the art and animation being top tier is to be expected.

Hakumei to Mikochi - A fantasy slice of life that reminds me very much of old timey children's books. Well except for the drinking and smoking. But otherwise the atmosphere it gives off is exactly like one of those whimsical tales. The aesthetic of the show also captures those tales perfectly. There's no overarching plot to speak of but the stories in each episode are interesting enough to stand on their own.

Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (2018) - Still the same over the top humour you'd expect of this show. Definitely worth a few laughs.

To Pass The Time
    Toji no Miko - I honestly didn't expect much from this show. The fight scenes are neat but they're almost entirely in CGI and the girls move very awkwardly at those times. I like the character designs but that's to be expected of Yoshinori. Overall the personalities are ok with the surprise hit going to one of the baddies. A decent action flick if you have nothing else to do.

Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru - Just cute guys doing cute things. But they decided to have some fight scenes in here now. Just a decent slice of life.

Gakuen Babysitters - A school life series with a twist that I like. But that said, I don't feel that the premise was utilised that well. It's still a pretty solid school life so go for it if that's your thing.

Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line - I really liked the first two seasons of this show but wow. It does feel bad when you dedicate an entire season to beat the heroes down so. I know the author is doing it so their comeback can feel sweeter but it's not really doing it for me.

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - A pretty standard isekai/harem show. At least the MC has some basic decency and goes after the girl that can consent to his advances. That said, it doesn't really do anything interesting with the isekai premise and just becomes paint by numbers. It's not bad by any stretch, just standard.

Miira no Kaikata - I think this show is trying to be a Natsume Yuujinchou but not quite pulling it off. It does almost get there though which makes it a decent watch.

Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu - Still a solid shounen show but the 2nd season is lacking in oomph. Mostly because it's the calm before the storm and it's been mostly downtime. As it stands, it's just something to pass the time at the moment. Maybe the 2nd half will pick up with the action again.

Stay Away
    Marchen Madchen - I must admit the show did show promise at the start but then the production issues just killed it. A pity because I did quite like the show.

Dagashi Kashi 2 - The candy advert got real boring real fast.

Beatless - I have no idea what the hell is going on in this show nor do I care enough about the characters to bother.

Dropped
    Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san
    Sanrio Danshi
    Basilisk: Ouka Ninpou Chou
    Guda Men
    Hakyuu Houshin Engi
    Takunomi.
    Killing Bites

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    @Leyana thks for the summary. A small correction about Grancrest Senki, it's indeed a two courts show and still airing.