Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event has started. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4758 Post(s)

Winter 2018 Anime

Here are the new anime coming in Jan. What a selection to start the new year with.

[+] Spoiler

Rep
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Fate / Extra: Last Encore, Beatless, Toji no Miko, Dagashi Kashi 2, Overlord 2, and Violet Evergarden, perhaps Darling in the Franxx. Literally the only series worth watching out of that entire selection short of continuations like Mahoutsukai no Yome. The rest appear to be generic trash.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3112 Post(s)
    Seeing Cardcaptor Sakura once again... Seem to be will be in my main list. Also that Mazinger Z movie.

Also for new stuff... That shogi theme (that again involves with lolis) seem to good, probably because I read the LN of it.

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 161]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

IGN
    ことなの
    Server
    Iwagawa Breakfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    7802 Post(s)
    Holy shit the absolute madmen, 17 episodes of idolish7? They really went full fucking meme there christ. I enjoyed the episode 1-2 pre-airing that's happened though just because of how stupid it is. It's basically everything stereotypical about idol anime ramped up to 11.

I've been waiting for this CC sequel for ages now, Can't believe it's getting so close to finally be here. Might as well rewatch the entire original series again while waiting, maybe. I dunno if i'm in the mood for a classic magical girl series after all these dark magical girl shows I've ended up watching.

Marchen Madchen is something I've heard of before. I think I was suggested the LN a while back, it definitely sounds familiar but I can't remember if it was recommended for being good or not. Violet Evergarden sounds familiar too.
    Hakumei to mikochi sounds like it could be pretty relaxing and enjoyable to watch but it'll entirely depend on if the animations up to scratch.

Also fate/extra is going to be even more garbage than apocryphia. Jesus fuck there is no way the pacing in that is going to be any good considering it's game flow is similar to Danganronpa (Opponent picked by random draw, learn as much as you can about them then fight to the death at the end of the week) which as we all know those kind of games have made awful adaptions due to pacing issues but then lolicons are just going to watch it for alice and her twin servant and call it 10/10. It'll be funny because apocryphia will finish airing then we get ANOTHER fate series with vlad in it.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Two things will never happen:
    Yuzuki getting added or Kagero-class K2.

Rep
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Hakume to Mikochi gets anime :OOOOOOOO It's a no-brainer for me (even if it turns out to be trash, will still watch it anyway).. VA is a bit.. eh in the PV.. Now just wait for Dungeon Meshi by I.G., Hinamatsuri and Golden Kamui gets LA xD

Ito Junji: Collection.. mmm i don't know how can they make it lol, but will give it a try.

Also Hoshin Engi... what? It's super old already, why now? Not a big fan of the manga.. so pass xD.
    Basilisk and CCS... what..
    There're some interesting titles Grancrest Senki, Darling in the Franxx, Beatless.. that have no info at all..

Rep
    Mentioned
    4758 Post(s)
    Personally I'm looking forward to:

Darling in the Franxx - I don't even care what it's about, Trigger x A1 baby. I just wanna see the madness unfold.
    Overlord 2
    Nanatsu no Taizai 2
    Violet Evergarden - Please don't fuck this up KyoAni
    Yowamushi 4

Yeah not much.

Rep
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Thanks for the news Ley !

Oooh ! Fate extra ! This one would be very interesting and remembers good memories !
    A new Mazinger Z movie, quite unexpected, i will wait for this one !

Aside from that... we will see, i don't know.

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/63/99/79/wi3nav11.png
    Thanks to @Neskape for this signature !
    Many thanks to @Fuda ! Regulars GCT are wonderful !

Rep
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for the list and this is pretty much what I'm gonna watch so far:

-Fate/Extra
    -Violet Evergarden
    -Dagashi Kashi 2
    -Card Captor Sakura 2
    -Basilisk (which is a prequel)
    -Darling in the Franxx
    -Overlord 2
    -Hakyuu Houshin Engi (holy crap, I watched this show in my childhood)
    -Touken Ranbu Hanamaru 2 (the first season was actually enjoyable)
    -Pop team epic (bring on the memes)
    -Killing Bites (the manga is actually quite entertaining)
    -Karakai Jouzu (LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO JAIL INCLUDING ME)
    -Koi wa amegarai (cuz wit studio is on a roll lately)
    -Marchen Madchen (why do I have the feeling that this show will be like madoka...)
    -Beatless
    -Uchuu Yorimo (it's madhouse, I have to give it a chance)

This seems to be my final list as the rest of the shows are not interesting.

Last edited by Kranesh; 11-14-2017 at 01:53 PM.